Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting an Apprentice (Limited to SJO)

Mabbik made his way down the hallway dodging between the boots, slippers, feet, and whatever other appendages with their coverings were used for walking. Fairly calm at the moment his fur was a dull white and his eyes were a blue. Wearing just a belt that had a small curved hilted lightsaber on it he was fairly unprotected.

Today he was supposed to be taking on a padawan, he didn't feel ready for such a responsibility. After all it wasn't like he was the strongest in the order by any means. With only a fairly average to below-average connection to the force he couldn't do the impressive force feats that some other members of the order could. Combine that with his small size and his ability to use a lightsaber to it's full effect was reduced. He was no great diplomat either, wasn't especially good with tech, and certainly couldn't pilot a starship. Taking on a padawan would be an interesting task if only because he wasn't sure what to teach. He'd have to bungle his way through this he supposed.

With his mind distracted he hadn't realized he'd already arrived at the padawan's assigned room. Standing his large ears on end so he could better hear what was going on he rapped the door sharply with his front paw. Sitting down on his hindquarters the three foot Kushiban looked up with his large round eyes. Quite sure he looked like someone's pet that had managed to escape whatever dormitory it was supposed to be in the Kushiban settled down to wait for the door to be answered and a small test for his apprentice to begin.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Jerit was getting his things organized and getting ready to meditate when he heard a settle knock at the door. He was curious to see who it was.

Maybe a Visitor? He thought. Wait!

Jerit suddenly remembered that a knight was going to undertake him as an apprentice. He must have forgot with all of the serenity of the temple making a big entrance into his mind.

He's here? What do I do? What do I say?!

Jerit was getting nervous. He had never talked to an actual Jedi before, other than the occasional welcomes he got from fellow passersby. Now Jerit was starting to worry. He was thinking of all of the possible results from the conversation. As a recovering effort, Jerit strolled casually to the door. He pulled the door open and looked forward. It took him a second or two to realize that the visitor was a strange looking animal underneath his nose. Jerit made similarities to the creature as it looked like the loth-cats he would run into as a young boy on Lothal.

This is my master? He thought to himself.

Deep inside, Jerit didn't mind. He thought everything had a purpose in the force, and he was probably underestimating the creature as a whole.

Greetings. Are you the Knight that is to train me in the ways of the force? Jerit asked with some hesitation.

[member="Mabbik"]

The Kushiban looked over the human. He was large, fairly well built, and what seemed to be a proper lightsaber was strapped to his side. The robes he worse seemed to lack armour so he clearly hadn't been fighting Sith. With these padawans you had a real mixed bunch, some seemed to be extremely experienced warriors while others seemed to have never been in a fight before. If he had to guess he'd think this one was somewhere on the lower end though with the boy's clear size and strength he could easily become one.

Of course that wasn't really Mabbik's intention. Becoming a fighter would likely come in time but for now he would likely needed training in other matters. Waiting few moments more the Kushiban brushed through the doorway past the padawan. Walking over to the window he spent just a moment judging the jump and leaped up onto the sill. Looking out his tail swished back and forth. "I've been instructed to take you on as my apprentice. I see you already have a lightsaber, do you know how to use it properly?"

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

Jerit looked down at his father's lightsaber. He did not how to use it at all. When he left home, Jerit would glance at his father's journal sometimes but never often. He already knew when he left Lothal that he needed training.

" I do not. My father had only taught me meditation, never lightsaber combat as he thought the only weapon of a jedi was the force."

Jerit felt embarrassed saying that. He was in possession of a lightsaber, a legendary weapon used by the jedi, and he did not even have a shred of knowledge on how to use it.

[member="Mabbik"]

Turning his head around the Kushiban nodded and hopped off the window. "Perfect we can start your training immediately if you want. You're even further ahead then I was expecting really, meditation will help with what we do next." Mabbik said this as he brushed past the human's feet and back outside. Trotting down the hallway he looked back to ensure the padawan was keeping up.

"Until something comes up expect to be staying on Voss for awhile. We can go through the basics of lightsaber combat, force use, and looking into any histories you might think of. I trust they showed you where the kitchens and such are?" The Kushiban talked rapidly. Setting a fast pace on all four legs one of its ears had rotated behind to listen to whatever the padawan replied .

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

Jerit saw the little animal jump off of the window and heard his master speak. I can start training already? He thought. He was so happy to hear that. He could train as a real Jedi soon!

" I would love to start my training as soon as possible! " The boy said in glee.

He saw his master pass around him and went outside of Jerit's room into the hallway. The boy ran after, keeping up with him. Jerit heard his master speak of the things he will teach the boy, and questioning if Jerit knows where the kitchens and other places were.

" Unfortunately I do not know the location of those places master. "

Mabbik was starting to hurry his pace, and Jerit followed diligently. All he was thinking about was his training. He just could not wait to start and see what it was like for his father to train, especially in the way of saber combat!

[member="Mabbik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom