Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Templars [Open to anyone on Roon]

While she couldn't shake the now-persistent and peculiar feeling she'd discovered, the new arrival certainly was enough to take her mind off things. Recognizing the tense movement of her fellow Echani, Marionn's hands stilled against the edges of the newly encased pillow she held. His alarm was, to put it lightly, rather unnecessary and off-putting. Her father had been a mercenary, so she knew the level of alert sensitivity someone of the trade would usually employ, but there was something much more to Uther. She knew then, instantly, two things. The first, he was hiding something, something very likely dangerous. And secondly, she no longer wanted to be alone in the same room as him, door open or not. With a quick wave and half-hearted smile toward the Mandalorian in the hall (having missed his bird-like companion), she quickly placed the pillow upon the bed, and rushed to otherwise complete her task.

Then came the hard part. With Uther at the door, she would have to come very close to him in order to leave the room at all, even as something in the back of her mind screamed for her to stay away. Her heart hammering in her throat, she took a couple paces forward, eying the pistol he'd been so quick to unsnap before. Had he actually meant to use it on Master Verd, should he have meant harm? In these halls? What, was he mental? Nervously, she chewed lightly upon her inner cheek, trying to gauge the probability that Uther would leave the room to greet Isley. With Master Verd speaking to them all collectively, she near-instantly discounted the possibility.

... Wait. Why had she become so frazzled at all? Her father always carried a gun, and several other men around her always had. Marionn had no misgivings on the fact that they all knew how to use them, and had done so with deadly accuracy in the past. So she'd been spooked by a feeling she couldn't explain? While she'd always generally been able to get a good read on people, there had been times that Marionn had been mistaken. It really could be just a freak incident; she really should just brush it off. Slowly, she relaxed, and the further she reassured herself, the less she was bothered by the nagging and obscure feeling, until it disappeared entirely. Resolved, she was able to bring a new warmth to her smile, stepping forward to place herself at Uther's elbow, leaning very slightly around him to view the others. She didn't have to introduce herself, considering Uther had supplied her first name, she figured. Her blue eyes studied them carefully, but her smile didn't wane.

"Well, I'm done now, actually. I assume you all have business to take care of, so I should be going..."

Talia smirked coyly as the Echani male from before came out to greet Master Verd as well. "Always nice to see you again," She remarked, winking at him once more. turning back to Isley, she bowed her head slightly in respect. "Right. Master Verd, I'm here to discuss a possible... Membership, as it were. if you'd take me, that is..." As Talia finished her sentence, a bird flew into the corridor in front of them and transformed into a woman. Talia stared in awe for a moment. She then gave Isley a surprised grin, jerking her thumb in the woman's direction. "I don't suppose you could teach me how to do that, could you?"
[member="Isley Verd"]
[member="Uther Weiss"]
[member="Marionn L'sa"]
[member="Kiyala Demont"]

((Normally, I don't like to skip forward in threads, but it's been four days since Ishley posted, and me and Poet have asked him repeatedly to respond with no success. I wouldn't really mind much if I didn't see him posting to other threads. The original point of this thread was for Ishley to meet with Uther, but now think it's best if that meeting occurs in a private thread so that Uther may continue developing his relationship with other characters.))

After the initial meet and greet with the senior Templars, Uther returned to his bed for a nap. It was an unusually restive one, as he felt the pressure from his specter recede in the presence of so many Force Sensitives. Sleep usually meant reliving terrible events from his Sith days, but this time there was nothing but blackness. If nothing else came out of the trip, at least he got one of his rare opportunities actually rest without fear of being losing control of himself.

He awoke about a few hours later to twilight, but he remained in the bed atop of his still-made bed, just staring at the ceiling not wanting to do a thing. If he moved, he felt like the spell of peace he had found on the bed would be broken.

[member="Marionn L'sa"]
​[member="Talia Mark"]
[member="Kiyala Demont"]
[member="Isley Verd"]

Talia chuckled as her barrier blocked the young padawans' attacks. She'd been spending her time exploring the place and getting to know some of the people. Some knew her as the notorious Lady Dragon, while others merely saw her as a Force mage with a smart mouth and a thing for fire. When a couple wide-eyed padawans asked to spar with her, she couldn't refuse. And she was right to accept. She hadn't had this much fun in months! The padawans began trying to run up to her with their weapons raised. Talia did a flip backwards and raised a wall of fire before she landed. "Oh, c'mon! I know you can do better than that!" She called to them. The braver of the two did a smart thing. He used the Force to sprint up to the wall and pushed it apart like a curtain so he could pass through it. He got up close and personal with her. She smiled. "That's more like it," she said. She took her staff in her left hand. Cunningly, Talia made him believe she was going to hit him with her right fist, when in reality, she swung her staff at his feet. He fell onto his back. "You might want to work on spotting distractions, though." She said with a grin. Laughing she helped him up and extinguished the fire wall. She then noticed that their little training match had attracted a small crowd. "Well, that's my bit of wisdom for the day," She said to the padawans. She waved to them and headed back down the corridor.
[member="Uther Weiss"]

Though his door was closed he could feel Pyro's aura as she passed his door. He thought about earlier when she had been giving him funny looks like she was flirt. What had all that been about? Thoughts of the led him to think of Marionn again. Despite their extremely brief meeting, he had found it to be pleasant to be around her, though he hoped he hadn't spooked her. She had seemed to be in an awful hurry leaving when Ishley had showed up, when he thought she would have been interested in meeting the Templar Master.

The aromas of food wafted into his room, and he felt his stomach growl. For the past week, he had been forced to live off of freeze dried rations. As fancy as this fortress was, he could imagine them having restaurant quality food here. At worst, he expected it to be as mediocre as starship cafeteria food. As much as he enjoyed lounging right now, it was time to get up to sate his hunger.

Since he didn't know how to contact Marionn, he decided to ask the Pyro directions to the dining area since he knew she had been out and about the Sanctum.

"Hey, are you still up?" he asked as he rapped lightly on her door with the back of his fist.

[member="Talia Mark"]

Talia was in the midst of making herself a meal when someone knocked at the door of her room. "Actually, yes!" She called before opening the door for them. The Echani man stood there. She raised her eyebrows and smirked. "Decided to make house-calls, I take it?" She joked. She gestured for him to come in. Going back to her dinner, she finished making a simple ham and cheese sandwich. She made a second and offered it to him. "You must be hungry. I can hear your stomach roaring like a bantha from here."
[member="Uther Weiss"]

Kiyala was completely concealed; her aura was virtually nonexistant and her form blended into the spectrum of light that a human's eyes could not naturally perceive. Now why was she concealed one may ask, she was a Templar as well so was she planning on revolting or possibly hurting one of the three initiate. Or even worse was their a bomb strapped to her chest ready to be ignited at any moment sending them all to Limbo? Nah, it was purely for fun as she crept up behind [member="Talia Mark"]; despite her stature Kiyala at times was still a child at heart. As she drew ever closer to Talia did she finally drop all of her concealments and go.

"Boo!"

Marionn L'sa
Talia Mark
Kiyala Demont
Isley Verd

Time away had certainly worked wonders. After leaving everyone to their business with Master Verd (he did seem like a very busy fellow! Definitely not someone that would be keen to take on another apprentice), Marionn had caught up with a couple of friends. The hours flew by as they partook in a number of activities, from sparring, to swimming, to catching up on the latest episodes of a collectively enjoyed broadcast series. Shaking the last of the moisture from her hair, the Echani politely declined an invitation to join her group in the dining hall, her thoughts cast elsewhere. While she'd put a request into the system to begin searching for a suitable mentor, she felt her duty lay elsewhere at the current moment, to the poor man she'd left to fend for himself (though, for a while she reasonably believed that Master Verd would see to his needs). At the very least, she could check up on him and offer him a tour of the Sanctum.

This was what brought her to a halt just at the end of the hall, as she peeked around the corner to see Uther at the doorway of the 'Dragon's room. Something about food? Well, there certainly wasn't supposed to be food in these rooms, but it wasn't uncommon for people to take their meals in privacy, or ask for rations for future travels. Marionn herself had stocked up a few times before hiking out to explore the wonders beyond the Sanctum. At any rate, there wasn't anything that the cooks would allow in the rooms that could compare to the meals served in the dining hall. After his long journey, Marionn could only guess that he would want to treat himself to a good hot meal. Clearing her throat, she called Uther's name with a casual wave and an easy smile.

"Been looking for you," she began, slowly closing the gap between them for a comfortable distance for conversation. "Wanted to apologize for leaving in a rush earlier. I was actually wondering if you wanted to join me in the hall for a meal, but if you've already got plans, that's alright."

She said the last bit as she caught sight of the fire mage's preparations, considering there were clearly two sandwiches there. As she flicked her eyes to Uther, however, her suspicion about him craving a hot meal was instantly verified; he didn't look thrilled about the prospect of plain old sandwiches. She wondered for a moment if he would decline her offer in favor of the previous one to be polite, but the temptation of piping hot home-cooked succulence was rather evident.

Uther felt his trigger finger itch as the bird-woman appeared from nowhere, looking like she had suddenly teleported behind the Pyro, but he knew better. While he hadn't been able to sense her in the force, or perceive her by the visible electromagnetic spectrum, the was still her scent and the sound of loose fabric brushing against her skin.

"Looks like I'll leave you two at it then..." He wasn't actually sure how long the stranger had been hanging around, but she seemed more interested in Pyro, which suited him fine. He turned to go back to his room when he saw Marionn walking down the hall, looking right at him. When the met up again, she apologized for her sudden departure earlier, then asked him to dinner.

"It's alright, needed a snooze anyway, and I would be happy to join your for supper." His features softened, lips curling upward into a small smile.

[member="Marionn L'sa"]
[member="Kiyala Demont"]
[member="Talia Mark"]

A smile was definitely looked handsome on him, and was an expression she felt Uther should wear much more often. Pleased, her face positively lit up as she tilted her head back the way she'd come. "It's this way, if you want to follow me."

She beckoned him with little more than a brilliant smile before she turned, moving slightly to the side to allow him to walk beside her if he so chose. Truthfully, Marionn didn't know what it was that she thought of the other Echani, but she was just pleased that they'd seemingly smoothed over their rocky start. Occasionally, her eyes would catch on the strange tattoos that lead from his chin, down his muscular neck. She wondered how it extended past there over the smooth planes of his chest, but thought it impolite to dwell on it, and (judging on what she could determine of his physique) grow flustered.

"So," Marionn began, looking over to him as he hopefully kept the easy pace she set. "Did meeting Ishley go well? You seemed a little agitated just then."

[member="Uther Weiss"]

Talia jumped. Acting out of instinct, she swiftly grabbed her staff from her back. She pinned the bird woman to the wall by the neck with her staff, making her hand a flaming fist and holding it just in front of her face. "What the hell?!" She exclaimed once she realized who it was. She let the woman go. Then she noticed that Uther had gone with that Echani woman from before. She picked up the two sandwiches she'd made. "Feth. Well, so much for an entertaining dinner. Hope you're happy, by the way," She said disappointed. The first attractive and interestingly mysterious man she'd come upon in who knows how many months, and she'd lost him to another woman. How very frustrating, indeed.
[member="Uther Weiss"]
[member="Marionn L'sa"]
[member="Kiyala Demont"]

A flare of anger from behind Uther made him twist his back to glance back. Pyro now had birdwoman pinned to the wall, fireball in hand. He turned back with a snort; Pyro didn't seem to be a fan of getting snuck up on either. Hopefully she had learned her lesson about harassing armed strangers.

"There was no meeting." he replied, his attention back on her. "I've spent more time talking to you than Isley, which I think amounts to about ten minutes. I didn't expect even an entire afternoon with the man, but at least enough time to see if he could be of some help to me. Truth be told, I'm disappointed by the poor reception, but what got me agitated was your transforming friend deciding to creep around."

Even though he had only been at the Sanctum for a little while, he was already starting to feel like the trip was a bust. Most troubling were Isley's alchemical weapons, which reeked of the dark auras. Just how open was the Templar Order to the teachings of the Dark Side?

[member="Marionn L'sa"]
[member="Talia Mark"]
[member="Kiyala Demont"]

"Hey, I don't know know any transforming people; doesn't sound like any friend of mine." A bit of good humor slipped into her tone there, for she knew that not everyone was entirely like-able in a group this large. It went to show just how welcoming the Templar Order really was, to greet so many with open arms. She did feel bad about the meeting of Isley... or, rather, lack thereof, but she didn't quite know how to put that to words. She couldn't really reassure the change in behavior of someone she'd never met before today, no matter how sweet the promise might sound. She could have slipped in an apology, but really, it wasn't her fault.

"I could try to talk to Isley for you, but I only just met him today, since I'm not actually a member of the Templar yet. I only expressed my interest in becoming an Aspirant just a few hours ago." And as she spoke, a tiny, barely noticeable flare of her highly Light-side affiliated energy played over her skin, giving her pale complexion a lovely glow from within. Perhaps that was why he enjoyed her presence so much, as a breath of fresh air from his past (which, of course, Marionn herself knew nothing of). This was of course brought forth subconsciously by the path her thoughts tread, and she remained oblivious to it.

"But," Marionn began, "If this doesn't work out, where will you go? Didn't you say you quit your job to come here?"

"I would return to the Republic and get into the fight. I'm a mercenary by trade, but I've considered actually enlisting for the war."

If he did had to return to the Republic without any help from the Templars, he supposed he could turn to the Jedi, and hope they would be understanding with his unusual circumstances as a former Sith. As for fighting in the war, he had heard of a special operations unit that the Silver Order had created, a mixed force sensitives and non-sensitives. He had never been a force wielder to forsake the efficiency of a good blaster to a more "elegant" lightsaber, so a fighting with a group like that sounded right up his alley.

"So you're not even officially a member, but you've been living here a while? What have you been doing all this time then?"

Enlistment in direct conflict didn't sound all that appealing, but she chose to respect his decision without comment. Instead, she nodded before carefully avoiding an oncoming pair of Aspirants in the semi-crowded hall with the ease of practice. As they grew closer to the dining hall, the more people leaving the area they'd encounter, but because Marionn considered the Sanctum home, she didn't think much of the crowd. Even still, they were still a minute or two away from that mess, so her voice remained at a comfortable level for now.

"Ah... I guess you could say I was trying to decide what to do with my life. I thought I had things figured out; I was nearly finished school, I had this great guy... But things just changed. I realized I couldn't keep ignoring the fact that I was Force-sensitive when it kept effecting my life so strongly. I kept trying to decide whether I wanted to be a Templar and a part of something bigger, or if I just wanted to get trained to the point where I could control and ignore it.

"But," she paused to smile at him, "even though it's taken so long, I know now, and that's what counts, right?"

He found parallels in her story with his. After escaping Sith space, he had spend years just wandering around masquerading as a hired gun, trying to escape the memories of the horrors of during his capture. But with Lumia's spirit now tied to his own, he had realized that would never happen. So all that time had simply been a waste, when he could have learned to handle his abilities properly. Like her, he had finally decided it was time to take control.

"It certainly does," he answered, returning her smile.

The Force flowed strongly through the hall with such a concentration of Force users, but there was a nice positive buzz about it. Not like with the Sith at all, as such large gatherings meant a negative swarm of dark emotion, fueling the inevitable infighting. Without the Jedi to obsess over, the Sith would always turn on each other when they had no external outlet for their carnage.

She led Uther toward the buffet-style heated tables, where all sorts of delicacies were steaming. As the heavenly aroma hit her nose, her stomach honestly growled. She grabbed two plates and handed one to him, absolutely positive that he would find something to his tastes, considering the spread was designed to please positively everyone in the room, regardless of how particularly picky one could be. Surprisingly, she found herself comfortable even with the extended silence that followed, though that might just have been thanks to the promise of a delicious meal.

Once her plate was filled with her favorites, Marionn found Uther again, peering over his shoulder to gauge his own plate's progress.

"Find everything okay?"

Everything looked extremely appetizing, but a certain pasta dish caught his attention. He heaped his plate with the creamy dish, then topped it with a two large buttered rolls. His hands tied, he used TK to levitate a pitcher and tip over a large mug he held in his free hand. The pitcher wobbled a bit as he had been out of practice using of using TK with fine control, but he managed to fill his mug and set the pitcher back down without spilling a drop. If it wasn't for all the Force users around him making the Sith spirit cower into hiding, He wouldn't have even dared trying telekinesis again. While considered a neutral ability that didn't draw on negative emotions, he was afraid that any active use of the Force would create an opening for Lumia to take over. However, things were different, as he was now in the presence of people that could help him.

"Everything looks and smells amazing. You guys definitely are not in want of a good meal out here."

"Nope, we have some of the best chefs around." As she moved to gather utensils, she brushed his arm with her own, but added a quick apology before she stuck her utensils in strategic spots to allow her food to hold the knife and fork there as she moved. At the end of the table, she hooked an empty mug on her pinkie below the plate and swept up a full water pitcher in her other hand. Hands full, she pointed her chin toward a small empty table with comfortable enough looking seats off to the side of the hall, so they might dine in peace. Marionn settled into her seat easily, and poured herself a cup of ice-cold water while she waited for Uther to do the same.

"... What did you find there?" She asked as she got a better look at his plate. She didn't find the appearance of the noodles all that enticing, but the smell wafting from his plate was rather delightful. "I don't think I've seen that sort of pasta on the menu before. You'll have to tell me if it's any good."

Talia wandered down the corridor when it was near twilight. She'd left the shape-shifting woman in her room, as she had no current desire to speak with her. Almost everyone was in the cafeteria enjoying a nice fancy dinner. She decided to go and investigate it a bit. Sure, she opposed to being served food by foreign hands (due to one too many close shaves with death-by-poison), but hey, it smelled really good. So there she was, walking into the place and not having a clue what to do or where to go. She saw the line next to the food carts and whatnot. She took her place and received a tray. Eying the food before her cautiously, Talia took what looked like some kind of steak and some soup. The tables were seemingly endless. And each one had people on them. She sighed. Sometimes meeting new people was such a bother. She chose a table at random. The people sitting there stared at her and said nothing. Talia ignored them and began examining her food. The people leave the table without a word. Finally, Talia bucked up her courage. She took a small bite of her steak and grimaced. Uck! It tasted like a slab of Bantha sweat! She forced herself to swallow it. Next, she turned to the soup. It was equally revolting. "Feth. Something tells me this was made for alien appetites." She muttered to herself. She shoved her tray aside and propped her head on one hand.
[member="Uther Weiss"]
[member="Marionn L'sa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom