Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meditation 101

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Togo"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

Raya was listening to the others until the jedi teacher spoke and then she turned getting her full attention on the woman while letting her tail be behind her... since she was behind the others maybe they got a mouthful and maybe they were ticklish but she wasn't thinking about that while working to think about what she knew or wanted out of the force. A fun time to be had by all after all before she spoke all excited. "I am Raya and I've been a jedi for a week and I am here to learn floating meditation." She said it and this was like one of those meeting in the church basements with stale donuts and caf.... all they needed now was to not say their first names.

"I'm Dune Rhur, a Padawan with the Order. I will learn whatever is taught."

He didn't have specifics in mind. Rather, he was interested in learning what he could. Meditation came easily to a Bith as it was how they 'slept'. Different forms opened different possibilities. Greater mysteries were said to reveal themselves through the act of deep contemplation.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Raya-Tat"] [member="Togo"] @Ryket Tal'verda

Corvus Raaf [member="Raya-Tat"] Dune Rhur Togo Ryker Tal'verda

WAS I SUPPOSED TO CALL HER JUST CORVUS THIS WHOLE TIME??

Ben had been training with Grandmaster Ra--er, Corvus, for a little while now, and he had always referred to her by her title. Maybe it would be best to just drop the "Raaf" part, and call her Master. Maybe he'd slip a couple of Corvus's in when he got the opportunity. Just because now he knew he could.

When it was his turn, he nodded and cleared his throat. "I'm Ben Corscifine. I'm also a padawan with the Jedi Order here on Lothal. Uh, I've with the Order since I was ten years old, and before that I lived on Coruscant. Y'know, back when it wasn't controlled by the Sith."

Ben hadn't really prepared to be asked what he wanted to learn. He assumed the Grandm-- Corvus would have already mapped out a curriculum. He admired how much she trusted the padawans with their own training. It was refreshing to be treated as an adult.

"I would be really interested to learn forms of meditation that can help in a fight...Battle Meditation, Center of Being...something along those lines." He smiled to indicate that he was finished and looked to the next padawan in the lineup.

[member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Raya-Tat"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

He sat silently as he listened to the Padawan introduce themselves and then it was his turn to introduce himself as well. He was never very good at talking about himself but Corvus was one of the few people he knew that made him feel comfortable enough to be open about himself around. his tone came from beneath his mask as just above a whisper yet held a strange strength to it......

"I am Ryker Tal'verda, Jedi Knight and Shadow of the Silver Sanctum. I'm here from Voss to learn anything and everything I can from Master Raaf. And NO I'm not a Sith nor a Darksider"

With his introduction made he went silent for a second to think about the type of meditation he wished to learn before speaking once more...

"As for what meditation styles I want to learn...That's easy to answer, I wish to learn them all, Specially battle meditations"

And with that said he would sit in silence once more and await further instructions.

Corvus waited patiently as they all spoke, doing her best to keep count of what had been asked and how often. When it seemed everyone had said their piece, she replied.

“Battle Meditation is a long path to follow. You are right to start now and Emptiness is the first ability I would teach to attain this skill – and there are others along the way. By the time you are a Master, you should be ready for the final training. Some learn quicker than others of course – but there is only so much time in the day, so it depends what else you wish to learn at the same time. Emptiness is something I can teach you today.”

Aware some had simply looked to learn what they can, Corvus added, “With all of these Abilities, there is a lot of overlap – and true mastery comes from relentless practice. So you have to be selective. If any given Force ability requires two hours of practice every day to truly master, how many could you fit in, along with saber skills and everything else, like eating? And people wonder why I don’t have a social life?” She laughed softly.

“Center of Being is close to my heart and yes, we can cover it today.”

“And Floating Meditation is one we can cover today too. I suspect it’ll be a long day as I have some others I will share.” She smiled again. She’d be here until tomorrow morning if that’s what it took to share what people wanted to know.

“Finally I sense one or two of you are wondering how practical Meditation is. Especially if you’re combat focused. Let me tell you, the most useful combat ability I have is Force Valor and to achieve it, I had to meditate deeper than I’ve ever meditated before. But for now, find a space and make yourselves comfortable. I’d like you each to enter a Meditative state. I’ll wander around and if I touch your mind lightly, please don’t be alarmed but with so many, if I start to talk, I may inconvenience others. But if I have something to say to you all, then I shall speak out loud.”

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"] - [member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Dune Rhur"] - [member="Raya-Tat"] - [member="Togo"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] [member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

She was listening to the other as some of them wanted meditations she had never really heard of either and she wondered if one could do them all or master them or fit practicing them all in one day with need of eating and sleeping. She could think of something for a social life... when she figured out what that was while she was standing there and ready for anything to begin. She might get to have some fun with the other meditations though like maybe learning battle meditation down the line but she would settle for being able to keep her focus on the here and now with a small smile and excited swish. "I am ready to begin."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]@Raya-Tat@Ryker Tal'verda[member="Ben Corscifine"][member="Togo"]

Dune instinctively closed his eyes, drawing in slow and deep breaths. Calming breaths that centred him, symbolically emptying the vessel of extraneous thoughts and feelings. This was as natural to him as sleep; in fact, this was how Bith 'slept'. It wasn't true sleep, though, as he was still aware of his surroundings.

It felt like floating on water, a weightless sensation surrounded and supported by the waters of the Force. A good feeling, free of conflicts both external and internal. Part of him reflected that he would like nothing more than to meditate forever. Sadly, it could not be so in a galaxy full of strife.

Nen entered the training room , knowing he was late. He had just arrived and was ready to learn. He looked at the Jedi in the room before sitting down. He knew this was a meditation class, and was ready to take on the training for it.

"Sorry for being late. I had a time trying to get here and figure out where to go." Nen was anxious to learn new things and went towards the group. "My name is Nen Katoa, and I look forward to this here training session."

The small green Padawan began to sit down, in a meditative position. He came to learn anything and everything he could, so he had no real preference on what he wanted to learn. As long as it was the Force, he would learn it.

He saw a Nautolan Padawan come in and introduce himself, to which Togo bowed his head humbly, to greet the newcomer--then began to close his eyes to begin his meditation. He began to inhale, and exhale. Slowly, focusing on nothing more than the Force. He would slow his breathing down to the minimal amount while still taking in oxygen to breathe. Waiting on the teachings to begin and learn the meditation practices.

He had tried meditating on his home world, spending years practicing normal meditation, but nothing that involved the Force, as he had no knowledge of it's existence or that he was Force sensitive. So he hoped to learn all that he can about it now, so it can help him later.

[member="Nen Katoa"], [member="Dune Rhur"], [member="Raya-Tat"], [member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Ryker Tal'verda"], [member="Ben Corscifine"]

Long strides accompanied the soft sound of bare feet as a lithe, purple skinned Togruta strode towards the room within which the lesson on meditation was being conducted. The grace the woman carried herself with revealed the hours of practice that had gone into acquiring the subtle sway that accompanied her walk.

A long, brown cloth loincloth wrapped itself tightly around her slim waist and hung down to where it softly brushed against her ankles, moving in time with the sway of her hips. Fastened over the top of the loincloth was an ornate belt made out of connected, blue spherical gems - from which hung bronzium tabs. Wrapped across her breasts was a strip of cloth, the same cloth that made up her loincloth, that crossed across her chest, wrapped around to cross across her back then reached up to wrap around her throat. At the front, just bellow her collar bone, was a lapis lazuli gem. Fastened onto the necklace portion of the wraps, were teeth taken from animals she had hunted down once she had returned to Shilli after felling slavery in the attempt to reclaim her Togruta heritage. Wrapped around her wrists, with a few spare strips fastened around her left bicep, were another set of brown cloth strips. The final decoration upon her person were a length of the cloth strips that wove its way around her Montrals. The rest of the Togruta's body was bared, exposing her toned body to the touch of Nature.

Stepping across the the threshold of the room, the Togruta came to a stop. Fierce brown eyes that betrayed that betrayed the attempt to suppress the primal nature that stirred within most Togruta, the heritage of the species' past, took in the sight of the varying species of Jedi that were gathered before one of the only Jedi the Togruta had ever encountered: Corvus Raaf. A Bith male, a Human male, a small green being, a male fellow Togruta, a male Nautolan (who was standing only a short distance from her) and a female who possessed a tail. Subtly casting an appreciating eye over the only other female in the room apart from the Jedi Master, Ryiah, the Togruta, bowed to Corvus Raaf.

"My apologies for my lateness Corvus." Ryiah's voice held a soft accent to it, giving it what she thought as an alluring lit, along with a husky undertone. "I was delayed from leaving for this training session. I do hope I can make it up to you." Liking her lips with a sultry grin tugging at her lips, Ryaih was fully using the emotional mask that she applied to hide herself from further pain. All that she was displaying was a Togruta with a penchant with flirting in a rather obvious manner, letting no one see the real her.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Nen Katoa"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Raya-Tat"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] | [member="Ben Corscifine"] | [member="Togo"]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It never felt any easier, the confinement of the underground temple left Tia’Ilandra unsettled. That disquiet resolved itself as a tension between her shoulder blades, when she allowed herself to dwell upon the strain then the urge to escape to open spaces would come to the forefront of her thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Another weakness of character I must excise… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She briefly considered, heading through the echoing space of the corridors seeking the training area Master Raaf had set aside on to lead her meditation demonstrations. Punctuality had never been one of Tia’s gifts, and she carried no timepiece; For the most part when on Ossus, Tia had managed to keep herself right through an uncanny knack of timekeeping by the relative light of the sky day or night, but here on Lothal she had been less successful within the subterranean labyrinth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Still her master had long espoused that the force would always take her where and when she needed to be if she allowed herself to trust in its guidance, so with that sentiment in mind she continued on. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It had been a busy day so far, leading younglings on a vigorous exercise before her early meditation, then another incomplete attempt of the third of Faalo’s cadences. Her latest trial had been a short lived one, with an early fault in her concentration causing her to lose track of her count and eventually she had admitted defeat once more, instead using the rest of her time to practice her Soresu katas.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She had come straight from that chamber, briefly pausing to splash her face and montrals in cool water from a basin before throwing her worn robe over her training vest and heading to seek her Master.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The sound of conversation from inside was detectable as she approached the space, and her connection to her master confirmed Corvus was already present. She paused briefly beyond the entrance of the chamber, unable to detect precisely how many were inside but hearing the voices of at least four individuals. She took an extra moment to straighten her robes, tilting her head from side to side to loosen her stiff neck before moving on through the passage into the training hall. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She entered with the same unerring grace that she always displayed, a confident stride that put one in mind of felid predators, her expression remained demure as always but she smiled to her Master with a light bow of her head and then a similar nod to the others already gathered.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“My apologies my master, I had not realised that I was running so late.” she volunteered the apology without request and then acknowledged the others gathered. “and my apologies to you all also.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With that the Togrutan's eyes flicked from each of the other students, lingering for a moment on each as she subconsciously sized up the competition, a holdover from her youth she struggled to restrain.[/SIZE]

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Ryiah Tenriem"] | [member="Togo"] | [member="Nen Katoa"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Raya-Tat"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] | [member="Ben Corscifine"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Raya-Tat"] [member="Dune Rhur"] [member="Nen Katoa"] [member="Togo"] [member="Ryiah Tenriem"] [member="Tia'Ilandra Shaasa"]

As instructed by Master Corvus he had began to meditate, Clearing his mind of all thought. His form sat cross legged but completely relaxed upon the temple floor. His breathing slowling to almost nothing and his heart rate slowing almost to the point of death as he slipped deeper into his meditative state. Ryker had always found that meditation came almost naturally to him, Maybe it was a racial trait accompanied by being a Togruta, Maybe he was just good at it.....Either way it was easy for him to meditate for days on end if needed.

Ben was not particularly good when it came to meditation. He made sure to find a relatively remote corner of the pavillion to sit cross legged and attempt to relax. As usual, his mind was hyper-active and hard to quiet, like a Youngling with excess sugar in his veins. Ben sat and took deep breaths. He turned his focus to the entry and exit of air from his lungs, feeling the rise and fall of his ribcage. The Force, like breath, began to flow easily in and out.

Every so often he had to remind himself not to ask if he was doing it correctly. He had to remember to be calm, simple. His breathing slowed and slowed as he relaxed into the meditation. In brief spurts, he found moments of true meditation. As he focused on the movement of the Force within and around him, the meditative states lasted longer. Soon, the peace was unremitting. It was a nice sensation for Ben, who usually had trouble in this arena.

Perhaps it was the calm emanated by his master and his peers.

Perhaps he was learning.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Raya-Tat"] | [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] | [member="Tia'Ilandra Shaasa"] | [member="Nen Katoa"] | [member="Ryiah Tenriem"] | [member="Togo"]

Corvus walked amongst the group, treading as lightly as possible. To each student she gave a crystal - placing it in their hands.They were all originally from Tython and aided the Jedi in their meditation.

Now Corvus spoke slowly and gently - but loudly enough for all of the students to hear. “We shall now practice the Meditation of Emptiness. It will allow you to centre yourself and achieve deep inner peace.”

“Go deeper into your meditation. Open yourself up to the Force. Allow yourself to shed your mind of emotions and feelings. This will let you centre yourself in simple power as well as the strength of the Force. You will reach a place where it is like finding an eye of calm within the centre of one's storm of emotions. Ignore all memories as well as thoughts and feelings. Go to a place where there is nothing else but peace.”

“The additional benefit of this technique is that it can be used to combat external mental influence or attack.”

​And she continued to walk among them, sensing their growing connection to the Force.

[member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] - [member="Tia'Ilandra Shaasa"] - [member="Ryiah Tenriem"] - [member="Togo"] - [member="Nen Katoa"] - [member="Dune Rhur"] - [member="Raya-Tat"]

With the thumb-sized focusing crystal in his hand, the Bith directed his meditations through it. Things became simpler, extraneous thought, simply melting away. It was all so easy and effortless, breathe and float upon the waters. Nothing bothered him just then.

If only all of life could be so peaceful, so still. Life was a storm around him and he the centre. This was the best way to commune with the Force. As Yoda had told Luke, 'You will know the Force when you are calm, at peace.'

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]
(OOC: Sorry for not @Mentioning everyone; trying to tag everyone regardless of direct involvement with the post is getting to be a chore.)

Ben tried his best to attune his focus to the crystal which his Master had placed into his hand. It was difficult not to be carried away by Corvus's words. For Ben, this was always the difficulty of meditation: deepening without doing anything. He would become sidetracked working for peace instead of simply finding it. He tried to empty his mind and allow his focus to remain soft, malleable. The Force flowed all around him, and Ben could feel the crystal helping him to remain unfazed. He allowed the energy to enter and exit his mind as it would. As he sat, he resisted more and more the urge to grab on to thoughts and feelings, until eventually the urge went away almost entirely.

Ben could feel himself breathing the Force in and out, could feel the power emptying his very being. It was strange, but Ben liked it. All of a sudden, Ben's tendency toward assessment had reappeared. It wasn't an overt destruction of his focus, just an insidious self-congratulation which pulled him farther and farther from his centering in the Force. He tried to catch himself, but could feel the slip getting more and more apparent.

Inhale. Exhale.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Tia'Ilandra Shaasa"] [member="Ryiah Tenriem"] [member="Togo"] [member="Nen Katoa"] [member="Raya-Tat"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

He felt the crystal being placed into his palm as he meditated. Corvus' words soothing him further as he slipped deeper and deeper into his state of meditation, The force flowing through him more freely than ever before as he focused on clearing his mind and allowing his body to slip into a deep state of mental and physical relaxation.

Togo took the crystal in his palms, and continued to meditate. He focused on his inner being, and to shut out anything from the outside. He continued to exhale and inhale calmly, and let the Force flow through his diminutive body. Slowly falling into a peaceful state of mind, relaxed and focused.

He knew he still had much to learn in meditation practices, but hopefully after this he would learn one or two, to help him.

Raya stood there as she listened to how to do the meditation from the grandmaster and she focused on it. On all of it while clearing her mind nd thankful she wasn't just the shortest one there for once while wrapping her tail around her waist like a puffy skirt to cause less distractions. Mouth just slightly opened, tongue on the roof of her mouth, eyes closed and the force energy flowing throughout her body while she prepared herself and readied everything she could to feel empty. As her mind slowly started to go blank only one thing came to mind with the awareness of things around her.... Put the lime in the coconut drink em all up, you put the lime in the coconut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom