Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Ethics

Many thousands of years ago.

Seven Jedi Knights, each dressed in different attire but keeping the same general theme of robes and armor, piled outside the entrance where the discovered journals of Kerimi Avalon, one of the Jedi Order's most skilled sages, had said the experiment was being conducted. Joc-Cha-Ninn, Kerimi's best friend, had gone in ahead in a last ditch attempt to reason with her. They didn't want to fight Kerimi, not just because she was a very wise and respected master, but because with the sheer level of skill she had acquired in The Force, they were pretty certain they were gonna need a lot more than seven.

Albrecht Bo, a scrawny teen, and the only one among the bunch heading deeper into this sacred cave system within Ossus that was a padawan, the way to their destination lit by strange torch sconces that emitted a magical green fire, stared at his simple, dull silver lightsaber. The viridian kyber within had been a gift from the sweet old woman he was familiar with in Kerimi, someone who used to teach the younglings to use the Force to make friends with the animals using the Force. Kerimi would be a tremendous loss, no, scratch that, WAS a tremendous loss...they had all felt Kerimi die spiritually, reborn as...something else...and had felt Joc-Cha-Ninn pass into the Force ten seconds ago.

Yet another ally The Dark Side corrupted. Albrecht wanted to be sick. For the Light and his teachings he kept his composure as they all grimly entered the chamber full of Kybers, a glowing, corrupted green pond bubbling at the center. Joc-Cha-Ninn's body lay at the foot of the pond, his head was nowhere to be found.

"Spread out..." Albrecht's master, a Coruscant born Jedi named Regan Maxrull, an old grizzled Jedi Sentinel who had survived more fights than the other knights combined, ordered. Albrecht would always remember that weathered, yet determined look he had to his stare.

"Ah...here comes the buzz kills..." called out a feminine, darkly seductive voice. The group of seven Jedi turned to face their target in the crystal cave.

The Woman who had once been the old Jedi crone Kerimi Avalon smiled at them, clad in an elegant black gown that had an embroidered, yet subtle, black spider web pattern, that hugged voluptuous, muscular curves. Long black hair hung in luxurious curls from her shoulders and sulphur eyes stared at them with bemusement and arrogance.

"Lay down your weapons and embrace my discovery, and you will become powerful beyond your wildest dreams.

Albrecht's master delivered a response he would remember even as a an old man:

"Get spaced!"

The Woman who had once been Kerimi frowned.

"A pity. But you have interfered with my affairs for the last time..." the woman said smugly, and with a twitch of her finger a fallen shard of crystal hurled itself through the brain, blasting right through it and killing the knight instantly.

The Woman moved as a wave crashing on the beach, her power sending them all hurling backward with a swipe of her hand, sending everyone flying. The sheer power and will behind her Force attacks were extremely hard to counter. She hadn't even pulled out a lightsaber yet and three more men were impaled on growths of kyber, dead, and it was already down to him and just two others, a Rodian and a Nautolan. They flanked her, and the woman went still.

"Embrace me..." she whispered.

The Rodian's blade went through her chest. Maranon, though in deep pain, hid it, feeding on it to fuel the dark healing she was only barely understanding now. A shriek of the darkness erupted from her throat as she blasted the man back, blistering his alien countenance from the sonic attack. The lightsaber at last came out, its former green bled red by her wickedness as she closed with a snarl on both Albrecht and the Nautolan, driving them back, somehow feeding on their despair to empower herself. Albrecht hadn't even had time to register his master was dead as the witch attacked him with a snarl of feral delight and an apparant long over due venting of all the internal frustration towards the order her journals described.

She didn't even notice the Nautolan being cut down, just that the stab through her heart hadn't worked. It looked like she was healing it, even. Albrecht knew then barring some intervention of The Force that he was not long for this world.

The Witch drove him back, her Form one not really all that sophisticated in terms of execution, but possessing such pent up hatred in its attacks that he had no real counter except to keep blocking, and hope she tired herself out. Kerimi was gone. That much was certain. He saw nothing of the kind old lady in her sulphur eyes, nothing but amusement and satisfaction at her new found power and finally free to cut loose like she had probably always wanted.

"Serve me and live, Albrecht." the Witch commanded. So it remembered him. Or it was merely using the dead Kerimi's memories.

Albrecht managed to jump back and gaurd with his blade. "I'm so sorry we failed you, Master Avalon." he said to the witch, knowing it would mean nothing but saying it anyway. "I'm so sorry we couldn't banish your doubts. I'm so sorry you now lay dead because of them."

"I'll take that as a no..." the witch growled. "You cannot stop me, boy. Kerimi Avalon, who I am born of, forgot more about the Force than you will ever hope to learn..."

The Padawan breathed deep, placing his trust in the Force to guide him.

"I know. Strike."

The Witch looked amused. "So eager to die?"

"There is no death. There is the Force."

The witch stole a glance at the corpses in her wake.

"Gonna have to agree to disagree there..." she joked, feeling playful. "Tell you what, Albrecht, you were always a good student..." the witch held out her arms.

"One free hit..."

Albrecht stared. But the Force guided his impulse.

He jammed the Viridian blade into her stomach, and the Witch screamed in sudden agony as her healing ability reacted to the viridian crystal in his blade as it came into contact with her...

At: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/127147-natro-terra/

Wearing: Queen's Gown (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/143393-queens-gown/

Armed with: Crown of Katanos (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/143384-crown-of-katanos/

"Everyone, everyone, please take your seats!" The Natro-Terran Administrator in this part of the city demanded in the open air courtyard as the reporters crowded him. It was a sunny day. Life in this highly developed planet city had been abuzz at the news that a large number of their populations children had recently been discovered to be sensitive to the Force. And now there had been calls to give them to the Jedi. Not everyone was supportive. Least of all Maranon, who had showed up to the press gathering as a civilian with deep pockets. No one knew who she was. That Jedi Diplomat had sensed darkness, but Maranon had used Illusions so realistic he had ended up going mad and cutting his throat. It had been an unwise, impulsive decision on her part, as it would no doubt send more, but Maranon was fairly confident she was in full control still, as she watched from a distance as the official announced the decision was still being made. This was mainly because Maranon had bribed him for a stall.

She didn't want the Jedi ruining another bunch of youngsters, like she herself had been ruined.

No, these motley collection of teens, currently safe and sound at the local embassy, would do much better serving as the basis for her personal guard. Maranon was confident she would get her way and convince the city to put these young ones in the hands of proxy identities she was cultivating. And she was also confident, even with the memory of her failure in the cave, that she could deal with any Jedi in her way.

Maranon smiled, her lightsaber hid up her sleeve, even if she was identified by the order as a dark adept, this was an outer rim world in the unknown regions: Jedi authority would not mean much, save as a courtesy. But Maranon would not be denied, no matter what these planets officials decided, she thought as everyone gathered and sat down in the hastily set up folding seats.

"As you know, the number of Force Sensitive children on our world spiked recently..." the administrator spoke to the press junket. "As the Force is quite something outside most of our purview, some are of the opinion these youngsters should be trained by the Jedi Order...I for one think it a hasty decision, as it would send a message to those devils that were suddenly a recruiting center for their wars..."

Maranon smiled, exactly the argument she had instructed that man into starting with. Everything was transpiring according to her design...

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom