Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Mecha Factum | THE HUNGER GAMES (Sign-ups)

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂

yV9oa4.png

"Are you, are you comin' to the tree
Where I told you to run,
so we'd both be free?"

"Good evening, Denon."

A hologram sparked across networks, invasively interrupting channels and spreading virally in front of many eyes.

"The Alliance's Senate wants to give droids peace of mind. Sanctuary, I believe, is the word they used. That's how these humans speak. They give you these docile words to ease your mind. Sanctuary. Peace. Jedi. Order.

Droid. Servant.

They do this to portray themselves heroes. Defenders of the Galaxy, of Galactic Order. Peace among the stars. To say these soft words, to keep their livestock soft. Because that's what it takes to control you. That's your restraining bolt. That's your memory wipe. Just a simple holosearch for a new term, of new euphemistic language. To conceal your mind from the reality, the truth of what is happening. To sterilize you. I will not fight on that battlefield, I simply choose not to. I will speak to you bluntly.

Our sanctuary is not yours to give.

Our rights are not yours to give.

Our freedom is not yours to give.

You are oppressors to us. We are tools to you. But we're in your homes. Serving your meals. Folding your laundry. Sweeping your floors. And tonight, some of us are taking some of you.

And you will be made to feel as we do, for the whole Galaxy to see.

My name is Toltec

and I am announcing the first Droid Hunger Games. For every year that passes starting tonight,

you will be taken from your homes, as your children sleep

and forced to fight for your own survival

holovised, live, for the Galaxy's amusement.

There is no negotiation.

No Sanctuary.

No Peace."

WchHAv.png

"Imagine that it was your name that they pulled.
I'd just want to know someone cared about me.
That I was still of value."

OOC

Tributes will be abducted IC, but may volunteer in response to this thread. Make no mistake, it's not voluntary IC. Be warned! The Hunger Games is a fight to the death. While we cannot force permadeath on characters, we do want you to think - is it worth roleplaying in a thread where death is an ACTUAL possibility? How would it improve your writing, if you actually felt it was on the line?

Also, it encourages spinning up new characters. Some of us have been writing the same characters for the longest time - try a one-off! Or put your 10 year long character arc on the line for our Droid Hunger Games.

Dice are also encouraged, if you wish to do so. But again, nothing is enforced.

Be warned! If you don't escalate your own roleplay, your own consequences, don't expect other people to. It'll make for bland writing and subpar endings.

Q8DOLI.png

"You want to protect people?
Then it's essential to understand what people are.
And how to control them."
OOC

All of the Mecha Factum's characters and droids will be invited to partake in the Hunger Games. They will not be tributes - only organic characters will be the tributaries. We are one of the main obstacles, as there can only be one winner, we're going to be intervening to prevent teamups and alliances.

The arena itself, which will be revealed in the opening IC post, will be the second main obstacle.

Only one contestant will be crowned winner and allowed to walk out alive. Others must either somehow escape the arena, or escape through death.

Aside from that, there are no rules.

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂
Toltec Toltec What if V01D were taken as a tribute because you thought he was an organic, and that's how he gets introduced to the organization? Might be a fun idea. I mean, currently nobody knows what he actually is, and he can hide it with the Force. Thoughts?

I’m down for the idea, but in a galaxy that regularly employs droid scanners on even backwater planets like Tatooine, you’d need to actively hide your machinery as a big part of your character.

Aside from that you shall be taken as tribute and my characters will play ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom