Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meaningful Weaknesses

*takes the conch*

With regard to characters:

1. It's fething frustrating to the point of anger when people use very rare powers (in canon) like it's no big deal. Essence transfer, shatterpoint, spear of midnight black...these are only used by canon characters like Luke, Kyle Katarn, Cade Skywalker. In other words, main characters who drive the story. Get the hint, it's rare for a reason.

2. Padawan/Apprentices standing toe-to-toe for more than a few minutes with Knights. Or at all with Lords/Masters. You are an APPRENTICE, a student. Your Master can beat you senseless, that's why they teach you. You can't handle kriffing tutaminis or Force Lightning yet. You aren't a lightsaber master either, and why are you training in Juyo/Vapaad? Maul was a titular 'apprentice' but he was at least on par with a Knight.

3. Force Users with a million gadgets, trinkets and weapons. Especially Master level. Why do you need more than your Force skills and/or a lightsaber/saberstaff etc. The Force is a gadjillion times more powerful than a fething pistol. Also, why do you need trinkets to enhance your power? Okay, for plot purposes maybe, but carrying around one all the time is...game breaking.

4. Super tricked out, overpowered personal crafts. Whether space or land, for God's sake, why do you need to be a speshul snowflake? Maybe a standard craft with a unique paint job and a few mods, but come on.

That's it for now.

Ceska Starshield said:
2. Padawan/Apprentices standing toe-to-toe for more than a few minutes with Knights. Or at all with Lords/Masters. You are an APPRENTICE, a student. Your Master can beat you senseless, that's why they teach you. You can't handle kriffing tutaminis or Force Lightning yet. You aren't a lightsaber master either, and why are you training in Juyo/Vapaad? Maul was a titular 'apprentice' but he was at least on par with a Knight.

3. Force Users with a million gadgets, trinkets and weapons. Especially Master level. Why do you need more than your Force skills and/or a lightsaber/saberstaff etc. The Force is a gadjillion times more powerful than a fething pistol. Also, why do you need trinkets to enhance your power? Okay, for plot purposes maybe, but carrying around one all the time is...game breaking.
I am guilty of both of these, but can provide justification for myself and maybe other who share my predicament.

2. When I did this, my character was able to because he was a seasoned bounty hunter before he even knew he could move things with his mind. He had a nifty suit of armor and plenty of gadgets and fighting experience

3. While he has some sith training, my character is still a matukai, meaning he is a force user but can't fully embrace the idea of using the force separate from the body, leading to basic FU powers like force push and sith lightning being significantly weaker in him. Also because he's a matukai, all he really gets that effects battle is increased speed, strength and stamina. He doesn't get the whole plethora of god-like abilities that other FU sects get.

TL;DR Version: Just because a character is a padawan and a stranger to the force, that doesn't mean they have to be a stranger to combat.
Just because the character uses the force, doesn't mean they have to restrict themselves to lightsabers and robes. With the increase of lightsaber resistant armors and force-negation technology, it is the sign of a smart character and writer to have some contingencies anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom