Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MDD-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a (very) miniaturized version of the Droideka...about the size of a thermal detonator

Development Thread: -?

Manufacturer: Wyrding Yards

Model: MDD-1

Affiliation: Wyrding Yards, Private buyers

Modularity: No

Production: Mass

Material: Droid components, blaster components, plasteel

Classification: Fourth Degree

Weight: .33 KG

Height: .25 Meters, .125 in sphere form

Movement: Tripedal, rolling

Armaments:

Twin Light blasters

Misc. Equipment:
Basic sensor package

Description: It is quite accurate when someone describes the miniaturized Droideka model, the MDD-1, as "a rolling blaster.” The Mini destroyer droid, therefore, is not much of a destroyer of anything. With their holdout blaster scale twin blasters, the MDD is not a force to be reckoned with for your average soldier. A weaponized droid of opportunity, the MDD is meant for distraction and minor auxiliary fire power. Its plasteel body makes this MDD-1 vulnerable to a blaster fire: the droid cannot take any more than two hits from a blaster rifle or three from an average blaster pistol.

The extremely versatile MDD-1 Model features many special functions, such as if it breaks you can still throw it as some one. A silly function, indeed, but it allows the MDD to aid you in annoying your enemies! It can't speak Bocce, but you can play a game of Bocce with 'em! That is after their limited power span of about thirty to forty active minuets have passed.

Like its much larger ancestor, the MDD is equipped with blasters. However unlike said ancestor they do not run on power generators. The droid relies on a tibanna based gas feed for its blasters. If the droid runs out of tibanna it must have its internal blaster pack refilled by hand. Likewise it features a limited function life; able to operate for about half a galactic standard hour before its internal battery needs to be recharged. This amounts to about fifty shots worth of gas per emitter, for a total of one hundred possible shots, give or take a few.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Yes, the concept is that they can be attacked to a weapon belt like a grenades....which I probably should have added in the description.

They provide about as much fire power as your average blaster pistol but are vulnerable to fire power. While they can roll: it is the only effective movement. With such small legs they would not be able to cover any significant ground outside of turning. So basically they would have to stay still to fire. With such small legs it would be impractical for them not to roll. Especially for three legged mobility.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Chaos Maxtor"]
That's adorable lol

Anyways, nothing here seems overpowered, I just wanted to make sure my adorable meter was properly calibrated.

Approved pending secondary. Abuse and suffer the wrath of Popo after a Bad Decision Dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom