Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MB-SF100 T-Wing SuperFortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB-SF100 T-WING SUPERFORTRESS
1B99fOu.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To submit a version of the MG-100 for the Factory
Image Source: [x]
Canon Link: MG-100 Starfortress SF-17
Permissions: Not Applicable
Primary Source: Not Applicable

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Slayn & Korpil | The Resistance
Model: MB-SF100
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Production: Limited
Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Heavy Bomber
Length: 21.65 Meters
Width: 15.3 Meters
Height: 29.67 Meters
Armament: Extreme

• Laser Cannons (4)
  • Dual Blaster Cannon Turrets (3)
  • Dual Light Ion Cannon Turret (1)
  • Heavy Ordnance Bay (1)
Defenses: Extreme
Squadron Count: Low
Minimum Crew: 1 + Astromech Droid
Optimum Crew: 8 + Astromech Droid
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 500 Kilograms
Consumables: 10 Days
Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
Speed Rating: Very Low

[Low Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive: Yes
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

STANDARD FEATURES
The MB-SF100’s systems, computers, and sensors are equivalent to the technological standards found aboard other bombers and assault craft of the modern era.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Hyperdrive System
Stealth Systems
Strengths:
  • Terrifying Ordnance: The MB-SF100 holds an enormous amount of ordnance which is the majority of the ship’s offensive power. Within its hold it carries bombs, rockets, and missiles all designed to devastate enemy capital ships.
  • Durability: The MB-SF100 is a tough ship, with reinforced armor and powerful shielding protecting it, the ship is difficult to destroy.
  • Power Converter: New Incom Models now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
  • Passive Long Range Stealth: Energy Dampeners, Static Dampeners, and Emission dampeners allow the MB-SF100 model to fly under stealth conditions and hide from most sensors at long range. In order to do this it cannot use its power converters, fire weaponry, or have active shields.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow and Purposeful: The MB-SF100 is sluggish, a massive and lumbering starfighter that moves slowly and cannot make difficult or swift maneuvers. Its main threats are enemy interceptors and point defense cannons, that is simply is unlikely to evade and must weather the storm in order to deliver its payload.
  • Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the pilot or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time while the pilot or droid bring the reactor online and direct it.
  • One System at a Time: The fighter’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several seconds to stop the flow of energy to one system, then redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
  • Limited Stealth: The New Incom Line has minor stealth capabilities, but the fighter must power down weapons and shields, and cannot boost engines in order to evade enemy sensors at long range. The system is ineffective at normal ranges.
DESCRIPTION
The MB-SF100 T-Wing Superfortress is the newest model based off the ancient MG-100 Starfortress heavy bombers, updated for modern technology and combat. Its internal computers have been upgraded to meet the current standards for modern technology and its systems modified with assistance from Alderaan Engineering to improve its limited versatility. Dubbed the T-Wing for its shape, resembling a capital T when being viewed from the front or rear, the MB-SF100 is designed for one thing: crushing enemy star destroyers. Like the ancient B-Wing, its cockpit is able to rotate and its S-Foils protruding from its sides can fold, however they are locked in flight and fold only in order to allow the ship to land.

The MB-SF100 T-Wing is primarily a relatively slow and ponderous bomber vehicle, much like its ancient predecessor. Where it varies however is its load capabilities. Holding less than half the explosives of its precursor, it allows for rockets, missiles, and canisters of smaller explosives, and space mines to be launched from its bomb bay. The MB-SF100 can hold more than one thousand Proton Bombs, as much as fifty Y-Wing bombers, propelled by a magnetic propulsion coil mounted in the bomb bay racks. This makes them fairly accurate, if incredibly short ranged, but allows ordnance to be dropped in front of, behind, or to the sides of the bay doors as they are launched. Additionally the bays can hold different types of ammunition, such as Mag-Pulse bombs, Proton Rockets, Intruder Missiles, T-33 Plasma Torpedoes for opening holes in shields, Ion Torpedoes to cripple or disable vessels, and canisters of various grenades. Normally the ship is loaded with three or four types of warheads which are launched in a sequence or all at once, but can be fitted with only a single type if desired.

Its defensive weaponry consists of three repeating dual blaster cannon turrets, one under the nose, one on the tail, and one at the front of the bomb spire to provide a coverage of defensive fire to ward off enemy fighters. A dual light ion cannon on the dorsal spine of the ship assists in disabling enemy fighters and interceptors, the ship’s greatest threat. Finally a quartet of laser cannons, two facing forward and two facing rear provide the ship with only limited non-ordnance offensive power.

As an upgrade from the older models and based from the TR-20 design aspects, the MB-SF100 Model features a reduced sensor signature assisted by energy, static, and emission dampeners that allow the vessel to operate under stealth conditions. When doing so its weapons and shields must be powered down, and the ship’s power converter cannot be directed. In doing so, the passive stealth allows the ship to hide from most sensors and scanners while at long range, but is rendered ineffective at close range and engagement ranges.

The main difference between the T-Wing and its predecessor is the Power Converter and Reserve Power Generator, a concept borrowed from Alderaan Engineering and miniaturized for starfighters, mounted inside it. This Converter and reserve power allows the pilot to amplify their combat abilities during flight, such as switching power to weapons when making an attack run, boosting shields while being pursued in a dogfight, or turbo-boosting engines in order to escape capture from a tractor beam.

Last edited:

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Hi there, many apologies for the delay in getting to this.

The sub looks pretty great where it's at, however I've just got a question or two regarding the usage of power systems in the vessel:

I understand the concept of draining power from subsystems to substantially boost that of other areas, but I'm curious as to how boosting power to the weapons would give it an Extreme rating. How exactly would more power to the ordnance bay, the primary weapon of this craft, stand to boost the firepower of the T-Wing? The cannons and whatnot I can get behind, as well as that of the engines and shields, but what of that?

I wouldn't expect the explosives to be boosted, but the combination of Ordnance and Boosted Weapons could equal out to the Extreme Armament in my opinion.

But, if Possible what I'd prefer to do would be
Armament:
Ordnance Extreme
Weapons Moderate

Instead, however I worry that might through off the overall Ratings too high.

[member="Arken Lussk"]

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills

I propose;

Weapons: Moderate to Very High
Ordnance: Very High

I'm basing this off of the fact that if the Ordnance is at Extreme already, there's a capacity to power another system such as defenses to Extreme rating without trading off whatsoever. One definite Extreme rating is perfectly fine, but I'm not too keen on two.

I think we misunderstood each other a tad. I mean like this, with no boosting to the weapons.

Armament:
[Extreme Ordnance]
[Moderate Weapons]
  • Laser Cannons (4)
  • Dual Blaster Cannon Turrets (3)
  • Dual Light Ion Cannon Turret (1)
  • Heavy Ordnance Bay (1)
Defenses: Very High
[Extreme Full Power to Shields]

Or do you think i should just leave it as I had it?

[member="Arken Lussk"]

Please state a singular rating for armaments. The rating is intended to be made for the entirety of a submission's armaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom