Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private May I Borrow a Cup of Coaxium?

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler

5F75F7C84E7A6CCC026624F9C5192064AAFE7650

500px-Outskirt_Stand_Interior.png

He was recently tasked by a client to retrieve some coaxium from some Maruaders. Sorr was supposed to meet the said client in this old Repulsor Train that was gotta be dated in the millions. It was refurmished into a mini cantina in the outskirts of Denon. Sorr stepped inside the small cantina only to be greeted by a sound of large gears being grinded together. If Sorr had to guess it was almost as if the train was still functioning. Some of the ceiling lights above were flickering and there were at least three people drinking what appeared to be coffee while reading the newspaper. A Rodian leaned against a jukebox jamming to the jazzy beats of music that came from the radio, As Sorr sat down looking around the interior, he saw a television that was displaying the Holonet News.

tumblr_inline_pn729pcPHz1ueh3nc_500.png

After their victory on Tython, the Galactic Alliance begins its long push to drive back the Brotherhood of the Maw from the Core Worlds. Alliance ships are engaging against the Brotherhood over the Orbit of Empress Teta. Where the Brotherhood after taking over the planet have committed atrocities upon the population. The Jedi and a handful of soldiers have recently made landing and are starting to make rescue efforts while fighting the Brotherhood in the cities.

"
Agh, that's all on the news now and days," a deep voice appeared from the back. He was a rotund Besalisk with 4 arms and a grin. "War, war and more war! I miss the days when the only things that happened was when some Coruscant teen overdosed on Deathsticks."

Sorr nodded. "Yeah, It does suck," he said his eyes glued to the screen. "But what can you do with a senate who cares more about devastating planets for profits?"

The Bessalisk shrugged. "Yeah, the Galactic Alliance loves a good war!" He said. "It serves as a good distraction from the things that the senate should be doing like helping us. Anyway my name is Pald Nill what can I get ya?"

"A Banta Burger please," Sorr said sitting down. He'll find the client later, right now, he was starving. Sorr hadn't eaten all day after Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus had taking him shopping in the Great Mall of Denon. It was good thing that Sorr pulled out, otherwise with the rate that Tiaza was going, he would be stuck there for the rest of his life.

Saraiya Darkstar Saraiya Darkstar

Last edited:

pYOY5Gl.jpg

Fething hell, I hate this planet. Why do you even bother, Sara?

She absolutely couldn't stand this ball of misery. Even more than back home on Coruscant, this place was a corrupt cesspit. And while she usually liked that sort of thing, there didn't seem to be much honor among thieves, so to speak. Everything was so much more cut and dry here. Corpos at every turn, gangs that had less than half a brain between them, dealers that made the Hutts look like top-of-the-line droid brains, and a weird little crew of ideologues that called themselves the Darkwire. Meh, she could do without any of them, truth be told. She only ever came here for one reason; some of the best cognitive boosters could be found here, and for way less creds than even Nar Shaddaa. Guess the Dorkwire was good for something, she mused with a giggle under the sleek fuchsia tinted swoopbike helmet with the twin midnight black stripes.

There was one other reason why making a trip to Denon wasn't ALL bad...

High-heeled boots stuck to the foot-pegs of her
Swoopbike like glue, and she squeezed a leather-covered hand on the inhibitor clutch, tapping the power-inducer pedal up a click. As she let the clutch out, and twisted back hard on the throttle, the flames coming out the back end of her swoop turned blue, and she took off like a Mynock-outta-Mustafar! Absolutely BLAZING through the outskirts, she saw her destination coming up faster and faster. With a sharp turn, she hit the cut-off switch, and squeezed down hard on the inertia brake. The swoopbike glided to a halt, and she giggled just a bit as she powered it down, setting down gingerly.

Reaching up, she took her helmet off, and hung it off the handlebars as she swung a leg over the seat, standing up and stretching just a bit. She looked around, surveying her surroundings, before she made her way into the makeshift cantina. Of course, first thing she did?

"Hey, Pald! How's life in the slow lane?" she called out to the Besalisk proprietor.

"Oi, Saraiya!" he called out with a deep laugh. "Same as always! Usual, hon?"

"Every time, Pald."

Sara sat down at the counter, on her usual stool, pulling off her leather riding gloves and setting them down. She let out a bit of a sigh as she canted her head to the side, waves of fuchsia colored hair falling about in a mess as a loud crack could be hear from her neck. The Besalisk didn't take long to come back with a tall glass of what looked like some sort of yellow liquid with blue streaks in it. It fizzed and popped, and he smiled to her. "Lemme know if you need anything else, hon."

"Thanks, Pald. Right now, I'm just here on business. You know how it is." she said with a bright smile, taking a swig of the rather odd looking concoction.

Last edited:

Sorr Kortu

Sorr leaned against the table listening to the large gears grinding together. Despite them being loud and drowning out the music playing on the jukebox, those gears were oddly relaxing. Sorr's eyelids felt heavy as if they suddenly transformed into stone, he had been working for the past few weeks often travelling to the other side of the Galaxy to make stops. He barely had time for himself let alone Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus , who while supportive of his Smuggling profession grew increasingly worried that he was working himself to death. She was probably right, but the sense of adventure still remained strong in Sorr. He wanted to see all of the planets and become a great pilot. The young man was about to nod off until he heard a loud noise sounding like mutiple pieces of metal slapping against each other approaching the cantina.

Sorr sat up bolt straight turning around, the way the engine sounded, it was definitely a Swoopbike. Sorr had rode them across Alderaan when he was younger and wanted a Swoopbike for his birthday. However, his dad gave him a book about the history of the Galactic Alliance, which was not only disappointing, but the book was a drag. Sorr could smell the scent of the Banta Burger from the kitchen which made his stomach growl as a young woman approached the Cantina. She wore a biker attire: mostly black with heeled boots with shoulder length pink hair. That was the thing with Swoopbikers, they love to stick out from a crowd. It was something Sorr wanted to do as well, be as hip and cool like Swoopbikers though he would fail miserably. One time, Sorr tried to dye his hair blue but he accidentally set his hair on fire and went bald for weeks.

The young man raised an eyebrow when Pald greeted her, calling her Saraiya. "You know her?" Sorr asked.

"Of course!" Pald said beginning washing two glasses with his quad limbs. "I often modify her swoopbikes. She even delivered some food to the City it got to the point where she served as personal driver!"

He gave hearty chuckle while a Twileak cook placed the Banta Burger on the table. "One Bantha Burger." he said while Sorr's mouth watered.

"I got a job for you dear," Pald said placing the clean classes in the sink. "But lemme take your order, why don't you sit down next to the young gentleman there. I'm sure you and him will get along splendidly!"

Sara had sat down as Pald spoke to her, placing glasses back as he always did. A job, eh? Well, that had Sara's curiosity piqued. After all, jobs equal creds. Creds equal transport to the next stop across the galaxy. And you have to know, transport for her AND her swoop? Not exactly cheap, that's for sure! Sara smiled sweetly, as Pald had always taken care of her when she was on-planet and in town. He was a good sort, and one of the few she trusted on Denon. Actually, Sara mused to herself, he's the only one I trust on Denon, come to think of it. Still, she looked over at the kid who was giving her the eye of wonder as the Twi'lek behind the counter served up a Bantha burger, hot and fresh. Well, as fresh as you could get round here, anyhow. Smelled pretty good, that much was certain.

"Hey Pald, lemme get a Bantha Burger too? I'm starving! Haven't eaten anything since City Center twelve hours back. Nic'olosus made me wait forever. Again."

She sighed lightly. It was one thing to wait, it was another when that dammed Trandoshan made her wait. The guy was nothing if not a drama queen, always trying some angle to scalp you for more creds, making up some ridiculous story for why he was late. Oh, someone stole my cred-chit, the badges were harassing me again, i got lost near the Great Mall again, yadda yadda yadda. She wasn't exactly fond of Trandoshans, but that wasn't exactly a story she cared to think of at the moment. Reaching into her leather jacket's inner pocket, she produced a fair few credits. Enough to cover the drink, the burger, and a little information.

"So... Job? I'm all ears." she said with a sly grin, the light glinting off her light pink-stained lips.

Sorr Kortu

"Of course! Saraiaya!" Pald laughed taking out his notepad from his pocket and scribbling down the order. "One Bantha Burger from my most reliable freelancer."

Sorr while gorging himself on the Burger listened intently on the conversation. Looks like Pald had some people do some work for him. Considering he has a shop in the middle of the desert, and it was miles away from the city, Sorr didn't blame him for having hired hands. "Wait a minute...." Sorr said looking up at Pald. "Was he-"

tumblr_inline_pn729pcPHz1ueh3nc_500.png

"This HNN: Holo News Network," The Holotv once again showed the young newscaster. The few customers inside the Cantina craned their heads to see what was going on. "We've just received breaking news, multiple fleets belonging to the Empire formerly known as the New Imperial Order has arrived near the Tion Cluster. According to sources, after the assignation of the Imperial Ambassador by forces that the Empire has claimed to be a Rebel Cell supported by the Galactic Alliance, the Empire has emerged from the expansion region where sources claim that they are preparing to launch a full-scale invasion on New Alderaan. With the fall of New Alderaan, the rest of the Tion will most likely fall under Imperial rule. More on this news as this develops."

"Oh great," A man said drinking the last of his Coffee. "Another war the Alliance is going to join. I just love my taxes being used as wage more war! We're having a damn food shortage here on Denon of all places and the Senate is sitting on their asses thinking how much they'll spend on another battle crusier!"

Sorr sighed shaking his head. "There's going to be a lot of inflation," he said. "I hope my client is paying well."

"Oh he will," Pald said giving Sarayia a wink. "Tell Nic'olous the next time he makes ya wait, he'll be hearing from me."

Feth. It's gonna cost a lot more to get home this time, Sara, she thought to herself as she listened to the report from the HoloTele. Coruscant being Coruscant, prices always ebbed and flowed with the markets. And when wars were raging, markets could blow up overnight. Last time that happened, she was stuck on Nar Shaddaa for about a month. Ended up having to enter a few of the truly hardcore Swoop Races to earn enough credits to get off that particular rock.

Sighing lightly, she twisted on her stool, and crossed her legs at the knees. She leaned one arm back on the counter now behind her, and took another swig of the odd concoction as she listened to the kid next to her start talking about inflation. And a paying client. Keyword: paying. It was then that Pald spoke up again...

"Oh he will," Pald said giving Sarayia a wink. "Tell Nic'olous the next time he makes ya wait, he'll be hearing from me."

Saraiya let out a bit of a giggle-snort at that, and shook her head lightly. "Always looking out for me, eh Pald? I'm a big girl, you know. I can handle Nic'olous just fine!" she added with a touch of indigence in her voice. Pald knew she was just giving him a bit of chit, it was all part of her charm, after all. "So, c'mon, give up the deets. What's the job?"

Sorr Kortu

"Wait what job?" Sorr asked before Pald disappeared in the back leaving Sorr alone with the pink haired woman. "Hey Saraiya!" The Twileak came from the kitchen and slid a fresh Bantha Burger in front of her. "Enjoy sweetheart," he said winking at her.

Sorr continued to eat blinking at Saraiya, she was very popular around these scare parts. "So," Sorr said. "You've gotten a lot work in the outskirts, what's Pald like? Does he pay well?"

The young man had to choose his words carefully, he was for all intents a criminal even though he has run some low-level Smuggling jobs in his career so far. Who knows if Saraiya is some sort of SIA agent or something? "What kind of jobs does he give out? Just delivering food and other items to the main city?"

Sorr gave a nervous chuckle. "Oh! I forgot to tell you my name!" He said accidentally swallowing a chunk of meat. The Bantha Burger landed in windpipe causing Sorr to choke and cough before the piece of meat spat from his mouth landing next behind the table.

"Hey!" The cook yelled. "Watch it! We run a sanitary Cantina here! This ain't Nal Hutta!"

"Sorry!" Sorr hoarsely whispered before turning to Saraiya. "My name is Sorr," he said.

"Hey Saraiya!" The Twileak came from the kitchen and slid a fresh Bantha Burger in front of her. "Enjoy sweetheart," he said winking at her.

Just as quickly, Saraiya turned back toward the counter, setting her drink down and looking at the Bantha Burger with eyes just as hungry as her stomach. When she forgot to eat, well, she could get a little loopy in the head, that's for sure! Before Sorr could even get a word out, she had scooped up the burger with both hands, and took a massive bite, chowing down like she hadn't eaten in days. Eyes closed, and she let out a little moan, absolutely in heaven right now. The HoloTele, the gears grinding, the noise from the kitchen, it all faded away into nothingness for a few, scant moments of pure bliss. Gulping down rather harshly, the big bite of the burger went down a little hard, as she hadn't even chewed it all the way through before swallowing. Inhale was not the word. Setting down the burger back on the plate, she grabbed a napkin from the little dispenser on the counter, wiping her mouth, and her chin to boot! Looking over toward Sorr, she hiccuped, and then covered her mouth and let out a little burp.

"Uh...sorry? Haven't eaten in a Coruscanti minute." she said with a wink of those steel grey eyes of hers. Swiping the odd, fruity drink once more, she took a big ol' sip, mulling over the kid's words. What is this, twenty questions? she thought as she quirked an eyebrow, and considered her answer. This was the first time she'd slowed down in any way, shape, or form in almost a day and a half.

"What're you, CorpSec?" She said as he chuckled nervously and seemingly began to choke a moment. Soon enough, a piece of burger shot out of his mouth and the cook began to raise hell about. She couldn't help but laugh at this, it was just too good. "Sorr, eh? I'm Saraiya. Call me Sara if you like. And Pald? Pald's good people. I run supplies for him from time to time. Sometimes it's specialty ingredients, sometimes it's... not." she added with a bit of a sly chuckle. Taking another sip of her fruity, fizzy drink, she let out a satisfied 'ahhhh' before setting it down, and leaning in toward the kid. "You don't think Bantha Burgers and Soda-pop pay the bills, do you?" she asked with more than a hint of seriousness in her tone.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr had to laugh at that remark. Him? Part of the machine? Especially when Sorr sliced into their files and read about their human rights abuses and exploiting the lands of many planets? The fact that his Dad was trying to make friends with those corporate tyrants was ridiculous. But they held all the power and were responsible for the elevation of the current Chancellor who is a corporate overlord himself. "Of course not!" Sorr frowned. "Look at me! With the way I dress, those corpos would have me kicked out of the premise!"

He sighed returning to his plate and taking a bite from his Burger. "I would never work for them Sara," Sorr said. "Not with the way many corporate like to abuse their workers. I mean have you heard of the story in Starry Sky Brewery in how employees had to pee in cups because their bosses didn't allow bathroom breaks. Nah, it's best for me to be free and explore the galaxy."

The young man paused, his face becoming red realizing that Sara was listening him rant. "Ah man!" Sorr said chuckling nervously. "Look at me preaching on my soap box! I'm sure you don't want me to lecture you on the dangers of exploitation and all that."

Sorr sighed. "Considering that the jobs are plentiful because of the war," he said. "They more than pay for repairs for my ship. I'm just thankful that I can afford my girlfriend nice things for now."

He's got too big a heart for his own good she thought to herself as she listening to Sorr speak on the evils of the Corpos and the way they treated their workers. Saraiya really didn't give a damn one way or another about Corporate exploitation. Hell, she exploited people all the time! Granted, it was for a good cause. Cause... she needed creds, and that was just simple and hard facts. It had been her experience that these anti-corpo types either came from money, or they just blamed them for their lot in life. Saraiya Darkstar was many things; a Swoop-racer, a Smuggler, a Mechanic, a Ne'er-do-well, and a pusher, among other things. But one thing she wasn't was blind to her lot in life. She damn well knew she made her own fate, and she owned up to her mistakes. It's why she had respect on many a system from shady-types that would usually eat people like her up and spit them out like so much chum in space. Still, she admired his gumption.

Sara picked up her own burger once more, and bit down, taking another big ol' bite as she listened to him continue on about being able to afford things for his girlfriend, and how war was good for business. While Sara didn't exactly have a significant other, she did like having creds to spend on her swoopbike, so she could kind of relate. And he was right about War. Ever since the Alliance and the Brotherhood began this whole insane "Get off my lawn!" screaming match, there were a lot of opportunities for people like Sorr and Sara. As she choked down another bite, she took a big swig of her fizzy drink again, and let out a satisfying 'ahhh' once more. She really was hungry, that's for sure. Two bites and the burger was nearly half gone! Looking over at Sorr, she wiped her mouth gently, and smiled a bit at him.

"So, what kind of work are you into, Sorr? Inquiring minds have to know." she said with a wink and a laugh. She really couldn't help herself. It was just her nature, she supposed.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr stopped chewing the moment Sara asked about what he did for a day job. His forehead started to perspire, should he really tell Sara about his job. That he's actually a Smuggler that transports illegal items across the Galaxy? "I.... transport special items to clients," Sorr said gulping down his Burger. "You can probably call me a freelance delivery boy of sorts, pay varies among clients but it's honest work."

Ha! If you call transporting stolen goods from nobles to their rivals honest work, then perhaps but Sorr had also worked with criminal organizations as well. He had smuggled many things from drugs, alcohol, weapons and so forth. "Right now, I'm just wondering where my client has gone," Sorr sighed. "I'm supposed to meet him here."

"You're looking at him."

Sorr looked up to see Pald waddling towards he and Sara's location a big grin etched on his face. "Finish up your meal Smuggler and follow me downstairs. Sara, go and assist the kid you got transportation. I'll pay ya triple the rate."

"WHAT?!" Sorr stared at Pald dumbfounded. "You're my client?!"

"Pipe down kid!" Pald growled frantically looking around the Cantina. "We might be watched by them!"

"By who?"

"SHHHHH! Eat and I'll explain later!"

Sorr gulped and stared at Sara for a brief moment before returning to his meal. Great..... So things just took an..... strange turn he just hoped that he was also getting paid a considerable sum.

This time, it was Sara who struggled with her food, and choked a bit on her own burger before pulling the same exact move Sorr had just a minute or two prior. And of course, the cook began to yell and curse in huttese. "Sorry, sorry!" she hollered out as Pald spoke up, waddling over in his trademark way.

"Finish up your meal Smuggler and follow me downstairs. Sara, go and assist the kid and you got transportation. I'll pay ya triple the rate."

Holy feth! Triple?? What in the kark was he having this kid haul, anyhow? Must have been some real nova cargo, that's for sure. Sara then had to stifle a laugh as Sorr reacted to Pald the way he did. Obviously, this was Sorr's first, or at least one of his first times deal with Pald the Client, and not Pald the Greasy Spoon Owner. Pald admonished him, and that actually worried the fuchsia haired smuggler. Them. Always with the them. Even she had no clue who 'them' was. Pald was pretty tight lipped, but it was the first time she'd seen him react this way. Slamming down the last of that fizzy drink of hers, she hopped off her stool, and started walking after Pald, grabbing Sorr by his jacket, around the shoulder area, and dragging him with her.

"C'mon, Sorr. I smell profit in the air, and there are creds to be made."

Sorr Kortu

"Thanks for exposing me," Sorr sighed his eyes shifting to Sara. He hoped that she would take it in stride, maybe she had connections to the criminal underworld as well. The young man's heart continued to beat as many possibilities rapidly entered his mind.

"This is not what you think Sara," Sorr said twiddling his thumbs. "Oh who am I kidding, I'm Smuggler I just hope you don't think less of me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom