Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master/student forum

I've seen it a couple times where someone asks on the LFG for a master for their character, only to be unable to find one due to the thread itself getting burried underneath other LFG threads.

So, a simple idea. A forum made specifically for students seeking masters and vis versa, or even a way to make a list for students to see the masters willing to train without even needing to make a thread.

Why not right?

(Posted from the phone.)

Clutter would be one of the issues I imagine, since I believe the moderation staff wants to keep as few sub-forums as possible. I honestly don't even think there's that much of an excess of new topics in the role play discussion board that can throw away most threads back enough that it is a real issue, just that most people don't really bother to check more than the first five or six threads on the forum. But that's my two cents from just lurking and browsing the thing.

[member="Krest"]

I don't see this as much of an issue, given how quickly such threads typically receive responses. People are eager to take on students for a multitude of reasons, selfish or not.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I was simply thinking of it for newer members.

So. In that light, why not a public thread that has all the possible trainers and what have you? Faction, independent, otherwise. It would help the new faces after all.

Hera Naroix said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

We could do the simplest thing:
Ask for volunteers, see how many would be willing to help with just that specific thread and move from there.

Just my two cents
Pretty much what I was gonna say there.

Grant it, factions already do that, but there are plenty of new people who don't know what the factions are.

As for who updates it, I will if need be. Course, can't till my laptop charger comes in, but I am willing to put in the work. So long as its easy for new members to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom