Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master of Shadows

The time had come to put her apprentices and her training of them to the test. Each had strengths she had attempted to help hone and her newest apprentice she had been focusing on teaching him physical combat. With these strengths, they also had weaknesses to overcome and this mission might help with some of them.

With Drogh and Mercutio she had worked at honing their abilities to stealth around and only a little in actual combat. Basics in that aspect and assisted to make Drough's ability to fight dirty...even more dirty. Rann was different and that she had taught him very little else other than telepathy and one or two other needed skills.

She actually felt the three of them working together would be able to accomplish what they needed to. A message was sent to each of them with her request for them to come to Vjun where supplies would be given to them to do this mission. If they went looking for her, she actually wasn't present. The three of them would be on their own for this.

[member="Mercutio"] [member="Drogh"] [member="Rann Thress"]

Mercutio was the first at the castle.
Not because he was the fastest to get there but rather because he was already there, still suffering through @Ra'a'mah 's detoxing process, which consisted of keeping Mercutio fed with thick bread and his thirst slated only with clean water.
However, tonight he was let out, a small service probe showing him Ra's orders on a holographic HUD for a moment or two before zooming off down the hall.
Shaking his head vigorously in an attempt to help wake himself he eventually made his way to the ground floor and the restroom there.
He stared at himself in the mirror for a long moment as his hands moved to gather some water from the sink to splash his face.
Then his eyes moved downward to his chiseled pecks, and he smirked, some of his old humor rising to the surface

"They will wiggle when I giggle. My nipples, they will jiggle. OOh ah ooh Ooh ah ah ooh ah ohh."

He sang while popping his pecks one after the other to the beat.
Suddenly the probe from before flew into the restroom, its small mechanical arms carrying a silver try with neatly folded cloths and his forearm brace that held his shotosaber and a simple handwritten note that read

"You may need this. R."

Mercutio scowled, knowing the note away before slowly dressing himself in the cloths given: Simple leather combat suit and jacket
He then fixed the brace to his left forearm and tightened the straps, gripping a fist tight and igniting the saber to ensure everything was in place.
With a whisper of a hiss the blade extinguished before Mercutio made his way to the main area and flopping down upon the large entry stairs while tying his hair back into a loose ponytail while he awaited the others:
[member="Drogh"] & [member="Rann Thress"]

Drogh

D
Drogh walked down the pristine, refined and yet dull and sterile, lifeless halls, as different shades of grey and black reflected around him. To his side a large window seemed to follow him down the hall, exposing the acidic rain pouring down it's vile spill, corrupting the dead land around them. The more he came here, the more dead it seemed. The entire planet was dead, lifeless grey sand lay across the entire surface, not a touch of life, not a touch of grass, trees or any plants. Just an endless ocean of nothingness. It was hardly the case Drogh wasn't used to dead things, but the ruins he was used to at least were something before, it seemed nothing ever survived here for very long. He wondered what would happen if one was to be caught in these acid rains..

Drogh despised having to work for Ra, there was no promise of payment, the problem with servitude. That little girl on Coruscant, that Drogh could of once so easily killed was now far and above him, with power Drogh could only dream of. He hated himself more then he hated Ra, he loathed him self for so many things, and now this little thing was so greater then he was. This window was stalking him, and in the corner of his eye he could see his reflection. Drogh for a moment of clarity wanted to look at him self, he stopped in his tracks and took a look. He saw a man in old rags, bearing a rusty mask of bloody tears. He saw skin blistered and cut, hands grubby and filthy. He saw some one who could of been so much more, spoiled and ruined by his own hands.

Drogh did something he almost feared to do. Perhaps he didn't keep the mask on so much because he was trying to scare others, but because he was scared what he saw underneath. He was hiding from himself, trying to bury his own corruption and defeat. How much of his past did he remember? Where was he born in the streets of Coruscant? Did he ever love? Did he ever have a friend? What was the name he was given? These questions raced though his mind, these doubts and worries, this disgust. As Drogh lifted off his mask, seeing the pale, wrinkled and sickly face. He pummeled his fist into the glass, hitting it hard, with all that contempt and rage, frustration and disgust launched out into what he saw. The glass didn't break, it didn't even leave a mark. Drogh recoiled his burning hand, chipping his knuckles against the blunt glass, bleeding subtly. "I hate you." Drogh whispered to him self, before turning away from the window, placing his mask on as he walked to receive his equipment.

[member="Rann Thress"] [member="Mercutio"] @Ra'a'mah

In his "quarters," barely a cell if he was being honest with himself, Rann dressed himself up in a not-to-tight but not-to-loose short outfit reminiscent of old Sith Assassin robes. He had long since done away with the tattered remains of his Jedi robes, figuring that the dark coloring of his current outfit could only be useful. He grabbed his lightsaber and hung it from his belt before leaving his room and making his way towards where [member="Drogh"] and [member="Mercutio"] were no doubt waiting for him.

He tried his hardest not to abandon all hope as he walked but the fear crept into his mind. He did not know these two men and could feel their power outshone his. He remembered reading about dark siders of the olden times and couldn't help but fear the natural competition between apprentices would see him killed. He sighed, laughed a little to himself, and figured they'd probably kill eachother before they killed him. And there was nothing wrong with second place.

This would be the first interaction Rann would have with the other two where there wasn't alcohol or other people present. So he braced himself, hoped for the best, and entered the room.

"I don't know what we are doing."

Smooth.

She was not present and would not be found on Vjun. For once Ra was off on another mission entirely and one she hadn't informed anybody about. At least none of her apprentices. It did not actually deal with the Hand and so only the people involved knew about it.

Vincent though was present in the castle. The old man aged as ever remained loyal to Ra after all these years. If any harm came to him...Ra would personally assassinate the person that caused it.

He was waiting for the men to appear and motioned to the items in front of him on the table. There were three tablets with instructions, communication devices and various supplies for this journey.

"Things will be clear, master Thress. You all have a power I never will, but Lady Ra bade me to greet you here and outfit you lot for this."

[member="Rann Thress"]​ [member="Drogh"] [member="Mercutio"]

Drogh

D
When Drogh entered the main room, supply crates laying around, guns, gleaming vibroblades that buzzed with a desire to kill, armour that was fresh and refined. However a grey metallic table built into the floor seemed to shine. A small smile reached his face, then a disappointing frown when he witness the old man standing in the middle of the room. Drogh didn't appreciate this, he was aware of this mans existence, believing he maintained the castle. Drogh gave a glare at that [member="Mercutio"], he loathed him. His mindless loyalty to Ra, his pretty face that he wanted to break, his arrogance and ego so big he was surprised he hadn't choked on it. He eyed him, making no effort to show that he was staring, overbearing, with venous and predatory eyes. Then turning his spiteful stare to [member="Rann Thress"] he knew little of him, but this still changed nothing, he hated him for no other reason then he was a rival, a simple slave to Ra, or so he would assume. He despised everyone in this room and would gleefully beat them all if he thought he could get away with it. "Move aside old man."

Drogh said, going out of his way to shove. He did this out of spite, he knew that he was a valued servant of Ra, so while he could not directly hurt her, he could certainly hurt her possessions. He looked down at the table, a gleaming revolver, a slug thrower with such an elegant design, perfect for blowing apart flesh and bone, tearing away skin with screaming efficiency. A small vibroblade, used more or less as a knife, subtly and constantly humming, vibrating to make it cut more perfectly. Drogh took this. A grenade belt was another thing he noticed, he strapped that across his waist, under his robes. Where ever they were going, Drogh just wanted to cause chaos. Curse the "balance", curse "moderation", and curse the light, Drogh's inner desire, the darkness raging in him called only for one thing. Chaos.

Mercutio let out a long, overly extended even, yawn as he rubbed his face before rising slowly to his feet.
"Oh look, its the lawyer [member="Rann Thress"] , I think, right? And.... Grog."

He says, looking to [member="Drogh"] clearly mispronouncing his name

"Anyone know why we're here when clearly grand Mistress Ra is not? Me either. What I do know is shes not here to stuff me back into that detox hole so if we don't get intel soon I do believe I'll just commandere a ship or stow away on one of yours and get the hell off this rock. I've had enough of this place for a life time and still don't have a reason to fall back into line with Ra despite how much she may want me to. How about you guys?"

Rann tried his best to ignore Drogh's shove past him, and the man himself. He knew he wasn't yet strong enough to challenge [member="Drogh"] directly, so chose instead to take his lumps for now. Get through this mission, quest, or errand Ra would have them do, get a bit more training under his belt, tea and cake.

He looked at [member="Mercutio"] when he was addressed and chuckled, "Lawyer? Yeah sure. Lawyer."

After a minute of thought, Rann decided to go to the table and pick up any toxic grenades. He figured it may be better to win a fight before it began with his two stronger companions. These were his last ditch effort.

"I'm here for the long haul. Until this world is burned down." He glanced at Drogh, convinced he could pull that off. "But I also do not know what we are doing here. Unless Ra's intention is to have us kill eachother in this room... Probably not."

He played with the grenades a little bit before storing them in his belt.

Drogh

D
Drogh examined the equipment further, another smaller pistol, with a silencer. Perhaps it did not hurt to be subtle, a wash of calm before the storm. So Drogh decided to take it, stealth was what he was best at, and mindless murder and death, perhaps his desire, not so much his skill. Yet another annoying speech From [member="Mercutio"], did the man ever shut up? His voice squirming and yapping on, yet when he mentioned stealing his ship, that was when he was truly annoyed. To have the audacity to threaten to take their ships in front of them was beyond insulting. "I am doing this out of obligation, she is our mistress, as much as I hate her, she has stayed true to her promise." Drogh said, finding his own words sickening, but sadly true. "However Merctio, while I have no issues with you leaving this mission, if you decide to take off on my ship, I promise you I'll blast your karking face off." Drogh said, his tone snapping into aggression, yet not even giving him the respect of a stare, still fixated on the equipment at hand.

Drogh however finally bored with the exotic and plain weaponry on display deiced to give [member="Rann Thress"] a more insightful examination, glaring at his features. He had a grim, angry look on his face, his face was almost like stone, yet brittle stone, as he noted the scar on his face. Compared to Drogh's own withering, decaying corpse of a body, and Mercutio's bronzed forged skin, and rather handsome features, he was almost average compared to the two of them. "We just might, if I have to hear any more sithspit from that stupid blonde"
Drogh said, agitated with Mercutio's mere presence at this point, Drogh could only hope something killed him this mission.

Mercutio smirked before shaking his head with a chuckle

"You must be getting senile in your old age [member="Drogh"] . As I said 'commandeer a ship', not yours. Or Stow away aboard one of yours."

He then rose to his feet slowly, his Nebula Blue eyes flickering into a deeper darker shade as they locked on Drogh

"Drogh, You will die if you threaten me or any other Apprentices again. While she and I may have some issues to work out, that's between she and I.However, what ever issues you have with me or [member="Rann Thress"] how about you grow up and either deal with them or get over them. Immature as I am even I know better than to let any issues stew. I either get over them or I deal with them. Hence my presence here, now. Attempt to kill us, Fall on your own blade or get over your issues. Period."

The look of seriousness was gone as soon as the final word left his lips. He shook his head with another chuckle before looking to Vincent

"Holo message with instructions of some kind or is she going to contact us or what Vince?"

The old man watched the exchange impassively. Even when Drogh pushed up to and apparently want to keep going through him. Vincent moved out of the way before that shove could connect and make him move. He was here at her wish and would do as she asked. Since Ra was unable to be here herself, it was up to him to pass on any additional information they might need.

Once the three of them had picked the items they wanted, Vincent handed each of them an additional datapad.

"Each of those contain instructions and clues. Lady Ra is unable to help any further than she already has and is following a different lead."

He was almost unemotiona​l as he spoke. Just a simple man following orders and nothing else. The actions of the men were noted though.

[member="Mercutio"] [member="Drogh"] [member="Rann Thress"]

"Nothing is ever simple."

Rann spoke silently to himself as he looked at the Datapad. The information on it was vague at best.

"I sure do love scavenger hunts!" he said sarcastically as he continued to read. His datapad contained some random phrases and keywords, but at first glance Rann could only determine that whatever they were looking for it was not on Vjun. Which seemed obvious.

"Vincent, what kind of ships do we have available for this mission?"

Rann wondered what would happen if the three of them were cramped into a small ship.

He quickly decided if it came to blows between the two he'd rather [member="Mercutio"] won than [member="Drogh"] . But just because Mercutio didn't reek of darkness didn't mean he wouldn't impale Rann with sixteen lightsabers if he could.

Drogh

D
Drogh clenched his fist, he wanted to tear the blondes hair off and stuff it down his throat, but even Drogh knew it was far to early to be fighting each other. Keeping a tab on his temper, giving Merc and glare that was filled with contempt, malice, anger and hatred, his pale dead eyes meeting his deep blue swollen ones. Drogh snatched the datapad out of Rann, yanking it off him with both his hands, to save him self the embarrassment in case he failed; yes Drogh is just that petty. Drogh looked at it, his grip tensing, causing the screen to crack ever so slightly, before throwing it in a fit and smashing it against the wall, small shards of glass and plastic spewing every where. "Does Ra want us to do a job or just be fething cryptic?!" Drogh said, as he had to restrain him self from lashing out on Merc, he decide to take it out on Ra, who conventionally wasn't here.

"Old man, spit it out why are we here, what the kark does she want us to do?!" Drogh said, his patience snapping. Truth be told, this erratic anger was hiding something, fear. Drogh was scared, he may have masked it from the others, and perhaps even from him self, but he could still feel it. Whispering at him. He was scared about dying, he was scared about getting caught, and perhaps he was also scared about taking another life. Drogh wasn't a killer, despite what he told him self, he didn't know if he had it in him to kill, at least not like this. Drogh had killed people before, but they were few and far between, he didn't much like thinking about it, seeing their faces, fear, disgust, rage, acceptance and desperation. When he was young, perhaps a broken shard of glass found it's way to another boys neck, perhaps when he was in his teens he pushed a boy into oncoming traffic, perhaps..

Drogh stopped him self, some memories were best left forgotten, as he shook his head slightly.

[member="Rann Thress"] @Riamah @Mercutio

Rann looked at [member="Drogh"] after the latter had snatched the datapad from Rann. Okay, he thought. He grabbed the last datapad from the table and spent some time observing it.

After some time, they quickly determined that whatever they sought was not on planet. Vincent was kind enough to provide them with a single ship. Rann understood in that moment why so many darksiders killed their underlings. He wasn't eager to teambuild, anymore. He was eager to get it over.

Rann decided it was better to claim a spot on the ship before anyone else could tell him where he was to sit. He made sure to shout out "I'm going to the ship. Don't worry, I won't leave you behind. I can't fly anyway."

He walked briskly to where the ship was kept, hoping he would not get lost in the labyrinth of corridors that made up the Castle.

[member="Drogh"] @Mercutio

Drogh

D
Drogh took a deep sigh, trying to calm himself down. Drogh honestly not knowing anything better to do followed Rann, he was tired of reading, he just wanted to leave this acidic hellhole. Drogh despite hating the oppressive, overbearing, dreaded castle he knew it quite well. He couldn't deny that he didn't enjoy the claustrophobic halls, Drogh alway felt safe under crushing concrete and steel. With almost ghostly elegance Drogh shifted his ways though the corridors, remembering every little detail of this monstrous place. He quietly overtook [member="Rann Thress"] passing him a cruel glance, as he walked towards the docking hall. He saw the ship, it didn't seem very trusting, yet he supposed he had no choice. Yet just before them, as the hall ended and the cruel sky that bled acidic tears started, the chilling wind creeping in. He looked out, the sky covered in a sickly green hue, ever so subtle. He looked behind him, expecting the rest.

[member="Rann Thress"]n [member="Riamah"] [member="Mercutio"]

Rann just blinked as [member="Drogh"] passed him by. Seeing that Drogh knew where he was going, Rann quickly decided to follow. He did not wish to be left behind or lost, so he tried to keep a brisk pace but remain outside of saber distance. When they approached the ship Rann studied it's appearance. He didn't particularly care for its aesthetic, he just hoped beyond hope that it was big enough where Drogh and him did not have to be remotely in the same area.

Rann trusted Drogh to not kill him outright but at the same time he felt as if were Drogh to kill him, would [member="Riamah"] ever find out how it happened?

As he approached the ship he saw Drogh look at him. Or in his area, rather. Rann felt a particular coldness emanating from Drogh. His one consolation seemed to be that any emotions Drogh felt that made him this way weren't directed at him. At least he didn't think so. Drogh might *hate* Rann, but he didn't hate *because* of Rann.

Realizing he may have been staring at Drogh piecing his psych 101 lesson together, Rann looked back at the ship and walked towards the landing ramp. He did not make eye contact again with Drogh, deciding instead to board as quick as possible and find a potential hiding spot if he needed to use one later.

Drogh

D
Drogh could feel Rann's gaze and he didn't appreciate it one bit. He returned the stare with his own, how he almost had a thoughtful look on his face annoyed Drogh to no end. What was he trying to suss out of him? His skinny fingers coiled into a ball, as paranoia began to spark in his mind like a series of explosions. Drogh was a fearful man, he hated and feared most everyone, with little real justification for either one. Not trusting anyone or anything had worked for him so far, he was still breathing, although it was exhausting. When was the last time Drogh had gotten a good sleep, when was the last time he had allowed him self to relax? When he was last horrifically drunk was probably the answer to both of those questions, now he understood why he was an alcoholic. As Rann finally cut the gaze, which was quite tormenting for Drogh, he followed Rann with a flare of malevolence into the ship, sitting down. There was only one real question that throbbed in his mind, Could he kill me? Drogh felt his presence in the force, it was foggy, did it lean to the light or dark? Drogh couldn't quite tell, it didn't have a very strong presence in either, although it would be little more then a guess to assume which one it was. How powerful was it? He wasn't weak in the force, not like some niggling little thing seen in others, he was a true force sensitive. Was it trained? No, it was mostly untamed, yet not completely wild, what or how much he was capable however had yet to be seen.

Drogh needed to pry, but he doubted Rann was stupid enough to tell Drogh much of anything, and to ask would only add suspicion and doubt, well more of it. Was it worth the chance? Just ask him and be done with it? Could he phrase it in a certain way? "Have you ever killed Rann?" Drogh said, looking at the man with a cold dead stare.

[member="Rann Thress"] [member="Riamah"]

Rann was caught completely off guard by [member="Drogh"] 's question and the fact that, to Rann at least, he had suddenly just appeared. He looked at Drogh and felt a quick pang of fear inside him. He didn't know if his personal space was bigger because they were in a ship or because the person inside that ship was Drogh but, he definitely felt like he was in close proximity to a not fun time.

He gathered his thoughts and decided to answer Drogh's question honestly and with some detail. "I have, Drogh. Maybe not as many as you have. I killed two guards stealing the ship that brought me to this planet." Rann pursed his lips together remembering the wound he took in his side from one of the guards blasters. The wound still hurt to touch, but Rann tried not to show any indication of it to Drogh, fighting off every impulse to touch the area in rememberance.

Rann took a deep breath while thinking about asking Drogh the same question but decided he didn't want to know the answer. Either it'd be really high and the truth, or really high and not the truth. Or perhaps Drogh had never killed before, or much. At any rate Rann did not desire to pry into Drogh at all. He would accomodate his fellow apprentice but he didn't particularly care to swap life stories with him. Rann doubted Drogh's life story was much of a happy one anyway.

"I...hope you're satisfied with that answer."

[member="Riamah"]

A droid would be waiting in the cockpit for the two of them. After they had gotten settled in and decided to actually leave the planet. It was barely more than a protocol droid, but it also had astromech programming. This was done on the chance neither Drogh or Rann knew how to pilot a freighter.

When they appeared, it would turn and request any input they wanted to provide.

Hopefully unknown to them, this droid also possessed a recording program and would report the activities that happened while they were on the ship.

[member="Rann Thress"] [member="Drogh"]

Drogh

D
Drogh leveled Rann a cold stare. The answer didn't give him what he wanted, to vague of a question and he couldn't quite tell if he was lying or not. But Drogh could tell one thing, Rann was didn't want to be here, at least not here with Drogh. Was it fear? Perhaps, a mutual choking fear had filled the halls of the ship, it wasn't hard to sense. Neither of them trusted each other, neither of them liked each other, nor would either really care if either of them died. The question wasn't if, it was when, when would these two clash? It was inevitable, Drogh could feel it, he could sense that something would set them of against each other, and Drogh doubted it'd take much convincing from either of them to do it.

Drogh just gave a dismissive chuckle, light and yet burning with a disrespect and utter contempt. It was exaggerated, when Drogh wanted to get under some ones skin he could be very surgical. Undermine them with well placed words, find out what made them tick, figure out what buttons to press and abuse them until they snapped. It was entertaining, as long as Drogh could get away with it. Drogh would do that to Rann, prod, poke and dissect. But before he could do that, they had a mission to attend too, sadly.

Drogh glanced up at the protocol droid, "So, are you going to give us a few more clues on the actual mission we're supposedly doing?"

@Riamah @Rann Thress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom