Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Martial Minds

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

The clang of metal against metal echoed through the dimly lit workshop as Braze pushed open the door, his somber jade green eyes lighting up as he spotted Jasper hunched over a workbench, lost in the intricate workings of some mechanical device. Small feet padded around the workshop, watching Jasper's every move with keen interest.

"Master Kai'el?"
Braze queried at some point, trying to get the blonde's attention. "Do you think... maybe you could teach me some more things?" Braze asked lightly, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "I feel like I'm falling behind my peers, or that I don't know as much as the others... I don't even know if I can keep up with most things, but I've been trying really hard despite my injury... I'm sorry if this comes at a bad time..."

Braze's heart pounded in his chest as he laid bare his insecurities to his mentor. He felt a knot form in his stomach, fearing Jasper's judgment.

As Braze stood in Jasper's workshop, his fingers automatically sought out his padawan braid, now adorned with a striking black feather with a red tip tethered to it as a decoration. He gently twirled the braid around his fingers, the smooth texture of the feather providing a comforting sensation against his skin. It had become his new self-soothing technique, replacing the habitual hand fidgeting he used to do.

With each twirl of the braid, Braze felt a sense of calm wash over him, the rhythmic motion serving as a soothing distraction from his nerves. He had always been prone to fidgeting, especially in moments of stress or uncertainty, but now, with his hands unable to fuss at his sleeves or move together for fidgeting, this new motion had become his go-to comfort.

land177.jpg

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

I feel like I'm falling behind my peers, or that I don't know as much as the others...

Jasper let out a sigh.

"Story of my life, kid," he stated sympathetically. "Don't apologize. You want to keep up with people who have an edge over you. That's admirable. I'd much rather you ask me for guidence on something like that. Tackling weakness alone? That's how terrible things happen..."

He took a moment to rub at his mechanical shoulder before turning around, patting Braze on the back with his organic hand.

"You're in luck," Jasper grinned. "I happen to know some things that may interest you given your new limitations. Forget what you know about breaking past your limits. I prefer bypassing the system all together."

How did one turn weaknesses into strenghts? This was a problem that Jasper had been tackling for a long time now, since his early days as a padawan. As a slightly stronger than average man, given his force sensitivity, standing up against gods? He had to be able to swing in the higher weight class. He had traveled a good distance and learned from various people ways in which to do so...

Something had to work.

"Leave your lightsaber," he told him. "Lets try something a little different."

Braze watched Jasper listening intently to what he had to say.

"You're in luck," Jasper grinned. "I happen to know some things that may interest you given your new limitations. Forget what you know about breaking past your limits. I prefer bypassing the system all together."
"Breaking the system?" Braze questioned, his tone laced with uncertainty. "I'm not keen on the idea of leaving my saber behind. But I'll do as you ask, Master." he added, a note of reluctant agreement in his voice. Softly chirping, Braze did just that; he unclipped his saber and placed it gently on a workshop table, his gaze lingering on it with a touch of sadness. The saber was more than a weapon to him; it was a source of calm, thanks to the crystal nestled within its core.

He then followed Jasper, his steps echoing softly in the quiet space. After a moment of reflective silence, a question surfaced, "Do you ever get tired of fighting?" he asked.

He move dto take out a small red crystal and twirled it between his fingers. " Do you think you can help me fix this?" Braze asked padding up to Jasper's side and offering the red bled crystal up to Jasper to take a look at.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Your lightsaber is your life... but sometimes it doesn't do squat," Jasper shrugged. "Anything can become a crutch if you let it. If you want to get stronger, you need to become comfortable leaving it behind."

He wasn't surprised when more questions came. A rather profound one this time. Jasper couldn't help but chuckle a little when Braze asked if he ever grew tired of fighting. The truth, of course, was far more complicated than a simple yes or no answer. He had to pause a moment as he pondered how to tackle the question.

"I've... not really found myself with a choice," he stated, perhaps sadly. "I'd rather not, but sometimes the cost of laying down your weapons is dire... I fight because I must, not because I desire it. A part of that was the war... but another side of that coin is that I'm just really good at it. Perhaps scarily so. I try to limit myself, but sometimes people need that part of me."

He couldn't denly innocent people his full effort when their lives were at stake.

He move dto take out a small red crystal and twirled it between his fingers. " Do you think you can help me fix this?"

"I... can, yes," Jasper frowned. "I've done it before. Bled kyber can be healed. Think of the stone as wounded. It just needs someone to stop the bleeding."

Jasper would take the stone into his hand to examine it before placing it on his workbench.

"We can take care of that in a bit," he decided. "For now, lets get to work, yeah?"

Last edited:

Braze observed Jasper's actions and words, a quiet contemplation settling over him like a heavy shroud. With a subtle nod, he followed after his friend, his steps echoing the rhythm of his racing thoughts. "Alright," he murmured softly, his voice barely above a whisper, as he trailed behind Jasper, like a lost puppy seeking the reassurance of a newfound bond.

As they walked, Braze couldn't suppress the budding questions. "What if you can't fight anymore? What then?" he blurted out, before more questions that did not pass a filter came forwards as Braze remembered the first time he met Jasper. "Do you find me a liability ?" he asked, the fear of rejection lacing his words. "Do I... disappoint you in any way? I mean, I don't seem to just get or understand things the way everyone else does immediately... Do you regret picking me, either? I get the feeling you face a lot of stigma for keeping me around."
He didn't look upset just... pensive. Braze was watching Jasper very carefully with those somber jade green eyes.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"What if you can't fight anymore? What then?"

"Sounds like a problem for future me to solve," Jasper shrugged. "We can't exactly predict what will happen, so I'd rather not dwell on it..."

A frown came to his face when he heard what followed. It was... so familiar. Where had he heard that before?

"All I've done since I got back to the Temple is weigh people down," he said, eyes remaining fixed on the ground. "I've either caused problems, disappointed my peers, or done things so insignificant even I forgot about it. I leech off of others to make up for my lack of natural talent. Even when I did think I was starting to learn something new I was just... borrowing from someone else. It's hard to be symbiotic when your a parasite..."

"Braze..." the knight began with a sigh. "Look you're not a burden. Don't ever think that you're a liability to me. We're in this together, and I care about seeing you through to wherever it is you plan on going. And this isn't one-sided, I'm learning a lot from you too... just not in a way you may see."

Jasper crouched down onto one knee, pulling the young Echani into a hug.

"Don't get down about all of that, okay?"

Braze seemed to swell with a delightful, almost childlike excitement, his whole being enveloped in a warm, fuzzy sensation that emanated like a radiant and warm aura. With a bright smile spreading across his face, he eagerly took two quick steps forward, closing the distance between himself and Jasper. Moving with a grace, he leaned in to nuzzle against Jasper's organic arm, his soft, fluffy white hair brushing past him in a manner reminiscent of a cat displaying boundless affection to it's care taker.

"Alright~ You got it Big Kahuna,"
he chirped softly, the sound carrying a hint of squeaky delight.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Alright~ You got it Big Kahuna,"

Jasper would let out a soft chuckle.

"Alright, kid..." he sighed. "Let's get started, yeah? I've got a few things I'd like to teach you."

He had no doubt that Braze would pick it up rather quickly. It was all martial arts after all. The young padawan had an afinity for that sort of thing, especially given his culture. Jasper was eager to impart some new skills onto him, if only to help him work around his new injury. That was what being a good teacher meant.

Jasper needed to see Braze through to the end. It was all that mattered to him now.

Braze nodded eagerly, practically bouncing on the balls of his feet with excitement. "Alright, alright, so how are you gonna show me to use cheat codes?" he asked curiously, his anticipation nearly bubbling over. "Are you gonna teach me how to, like... punch a nerve and shut someone's system down? Kinda like a stun blast?" Braze's mind was working overtime with creativity.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Let's shift your focus a little," Jasper began. "At the core of force manipulation, a Jedi makes use of internal and external energy. No doubt you've already learned how to do these things. Internal use can take it's form in force healing, or Tapas to regulate your temperature. But there's more that can be done. Focusing in on the internal details can let you control your inner energy to degrees of percision that can't be attained externally."

Jasper would make his way out into the main courtyard of his home on Sacorria, a glorified landing pad with some improvized garden space really. Despite the upkeep, it was clear that the home had been built some time ago. It's rigid structure after all this time spoke to the care that it's builder put into their work.

"A while ago I went and trained with an order called the Matukai," he explained. "They focus on the force as a martial art, one to be utilized in tandem with the body. They can regulate and remove poisons from their own body, highten their strength to warp durasteel, and even make their own bodies far more durable, all through controlling the movement of the force within their bodies."

Braze's enthusiasm bubbled over as he absorbed Jasper's words, his youthful curiosity ignited by the prospect of new knowledge. He followed closely, his movements agile as he leaped down to the solid ground with the ease of one familiar with navigating unpredictable terrain. "So, like how someone can use... Tutaminis to catch and hold a lightsaber?" he inquired, his voice in a tone of awe.

"Warp durasteel? I want to learn how to do stuff like that! All of that!" Braze chirped excitedly, his words tumbling out in a rush of eagerness.It was as if a whole new world had opened up to him, one filled with endless possibilities and challenges to overcome.

After losing the use of his arm, Braze's admiration for Jasper and his methods had deepened, transforming into a profound respect for the older man's approach to life's obstacles. "Removing poisons sounds pretty neat too!" he added, his mind already racing with the practical applications of such skills. Braze saw beyond the mere acquisition of knowledge; he envisioned the numerous ways these skills could be harnessed to aid others, to protect, and to even to heal.

"What was the Matukai order about?" The question sprang from a genuine desire to understand more.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"The Matukai are a force-sensitive culture," Jasper explained. "They believe in the purity of the mind and spirit through exercise. They use their own bodies as focusing lenses, conduits for the force. I spent some time training with them after the war."

It was one of the most important trips he had ever taken. No doubt he would not be as strong as he was right now had he not gone and learned from their order. It had certainly been an awakening of sorts for himself, one that had taken his abilities to new height. Some of the things he had learned had no doubt saved his life.

"It's all about harmony between the spiritual force and the physical body," he added. "There's some cases of this sort of training helping develop the abilities of those who are not naturally gifted with the force, even in cases where the individual didn't seem Force sensitive at all."

And it had certainly helped him out, given his natural limitations.

"So, let's start with control over internal movement of energy, and then we work from there."

Braze listened intently with vested interest to Jasper's words, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of following in his footsteps. The idea sparked a fire within him, igniting his passion for exploring the depths of the Force.

"Ah... Well... That is like... using the Force within or is it somehow... different?" Braze inquired, with growing curiosity as he sought to understand the nuances of Jasper's teachings.

He took a slow, deep and calming breath, closing his eyes and calming his mind. With focused intent, Braze reached out towards Jasper, seeking to synchronize with him in the Force. Braze actively sought to make a connection, intuitively grasping for a deeper understanding of Jasper's presence of mind.

As he extended his senses, Braze's presence in the Force was akin to a small child reaching out to hold hands while crossing the street—a small, tender gesture of trust and curiosity, seeking guidance and enlightenment from the seasoned Jedi Knight.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Ah... Well... That is like... using the Force within or is it somehow... different?"

"You've probably already done it subconsciously," Jasper noted. "Ever attempted Force Healing? To perform such a thing, healers will typically use their hands as the conduit for the transfer of energy. But we want to get down into the finer details. The Force within you is a stream, and with conscious action you can control the current with increased percision. It isn't just your hands that are the conduit, it's your entire body. Let's start with something basic."

Jasper would gently lift Braze's hand up, placing it on his shoulder. Then Jasper would place his own organic hand on the shoulder of the Echani. It was a closed circuit.

"Alright, so we've made ourselves a loop," he explained. "Now, using my hand as a conduit, I'm going to transfer some Force Energy to your shoulder. Focus on the flow. Whenever you've honed in on it, clear your mind and redirect it back to me through your hand. Think of your body as a canal. You just need to open the right gates to let the water through."

Braze quietly followed along, his mind's eye vividly painting the scenarios Jasper described. Braze absorbed Jasper's explanation in silence, his mind a whirlwind of imagery and thoughts. Known for his vivid imagination and industrial thought process, Braze found Jasper's clear and vivid explanations particularly resonant. This clarity made the concepts much more accessible to him. A versatile learner, Braze excelled with visual cues, kinesthetic activities, and concise, straightforward instruction. Jasper's method, had provided these in spades and facilitated Braze's rapid comprehension.

In the back of his mind, Braze had been reminded of perfecting a particular technique. He had been refining a technique nightly since meeting Jasper, believing it pertinent to their discussion. Despite his urge to share it in the moment, he opted to wait. His pursuit of perfection in its execution held him back, preferring to unveil it once fully satisfied with its form.

He duid as isntructed seemingly effortlessly withhow well Jasper had given him instruction pushing back and giving him energy in return.

"Like this?"

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Just like that. Great work."

Braze learned fast. That was good. It meant that they didn't need to spend too much time longer doing this exercise. There was just one more thing that they needed to do to make sure he fully grasped the concept. Slowly, Jasper shifted the flow of evergy towards his shoulder, using that as the conduit rather than his hand.

"Okay, now reverse the flow," he instructed. "In the hand, out the shoulder."

The suggestion initially puzzled Braze, and his confusion was evident in his expression. "Reverse? Do the opposite?" he pondered, contemplating how to implement the instruction. After a brief moment of consideration, he understood what was required of him. Focusing on the task at hand, he took a deep, steadying breath. Braze began to draw energy inwards from the outside...

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Yeah," Jasper nodded. "Now, the control over your internal energy can do a lot. What I use a lot is something the Matukai calle Soft to Solid. It's a way to make your body more rigid and increase your resiliance. It's like turning yourself into stone."

Jasper stepped back, raising up his hand. He would begin to move energy into it, giving it a faint aura that warped the color of his skin in that point.

"When you heal, you move energy to a point in your body and use it as the conduit," he repeated. "But with Soft to Solid, you don't let the energy pass through the skin. Your body closes itself off and keeps it internalized. That energy pressing against the surface is what creates the rigidness. It's the same principle with an extra step."

Braze appeared utterly captivated by the sentiment expressed. "So, uh... does that mean you can break something like a rock, too?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued as he observed Jasper's actions closely.

Eager to mimic what he was witnessing but recognizing the need for a deeper understanding, Braze ventured further. "How do you visualize it in your mind?" he asked, his tone revealing his uncertainty about how to approach and perform the task at hand.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Well, I visualise it as waterways," Jasper explained. "This is like putting up a dam. You stop the flow from escaping the skin, letting it press up against the surface. When it compounds, your form becomes more rigid."

It was the same principle as when they transfered the energy between each other, with the only difference being the fact that they stopped half-way through. It was about pushing that energy up against the surface rather than letting it pass through. Jasper would give Braze a moment to take in those words before continuing to speak.

"It can increase your strength to an extent," he noted, "So yes, breaking rocks would come easier when implamenting Soft to Solid. It has it's limitations, however. The energy you need to maintain rigidness is taxing. It's easier to strenghten individual parts of your body rather than all of it, especially starting out. It takes years for Matukai warriors to maintain it for extended periods of time. Still, it's a valuable tool to have in a pinch. From what I understand, my small lecture that Ko Vuto Ko Vuto saved his spine quite literally."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom