Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Martial Minds

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Braze pondered that for a moment, finding it sensible. "But will my hand break if it hits something else? Like, will my hand shatter like a rock when doing this?" He asked, uncertain.

Braze turned his similarly vulnerable hand over and examined it before attempting to do as Jasper had instructed, visualizing the process.

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"Huh? Oh, no, it doesn't work like that," Jasper assured. "It's like putting on an invisible suit of armor. Your skin won't shatter, you'll still scrape and beed like normal if you push it to far. It makes your skin tougher, like an exoskeleton, but it's still skin."

He wouldn't have to worry about shattering. Of course, his internals could still be damaged, but it was an extra layer of protection to use in a pinch. It had been applied to save important parts of the body before, so it wasn't something without application. And it most certainly wouldn't make you weaker. It was good to iron out concerns like this early on so that Brfaze could use what he was taught without anxiety.

"Anything else?"

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"Not without risk," Jasper noted. "More rigid as it may be, turning your hand into steel doesn't increase the strenght of your punch, just your density. Over-application can still lead to physical injury if you aren't careful. It can certainly help increase the power of a blow, but everything comes with moderation. Besides, for early users it can be taxing. Drawing energy into an attack draws energy away from defending other parts of your body. That's a cost you'll have to calculate in the moment."

Braze was a smart kid. He could figure out when was the appropriate time to utilize the ability for an attack or defense purpose. He wasn't too worried, especially considerling how the young Echani was practically wired for combat. It was just a matter of imparting a little restraint on him, which having Aether around certainly helped with.

"If you can figure out the defensive application you can figure out everything else," he stated. "We can start with that before we move to offensive use of the ability."

"Alright!" Braze chirped excitedly, his eyes bright with anticipation. "Do you want me to practice first, or do you want me to try and defend?" His eagerness was evident as he awaited Jasper's response.

Braze seemed to pick up quickly on what Jasper explained this time around, his mind swiftly wrapping around the idea of it all. There was a newfound confidence in his demeanor, a sense of readiness to take on the challenge and put his skills to the test. He was 'toying' with the new found ability across his singular hand watching the color shift as he moved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom