Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Maranatha Music

Maranatha, Alderaan

At first, it was just a low hiss that could be heard near the construction site. The Shi'ido builders thought nothing of it, continuing their work digging into the ground. Then the hiss grew to more of a buzz. The noise grew louder the deeper they dug, going from irritating to insufferable, piercing even the ear plugs issued to combat it. The workers abandoned their posts soon after and refused to come back until the source of the noise was discovered and dealt with.

Droids were sent in to investigate. They found something buried: a door covered in ancient Sith text. A sealed tomb emanating a menacing hum.

It was quite the scandal for a planet like Alderaan to be harboring a buried Sith tomb. Along with the currently tense state between the refugees and the planetary government, the Shi'ido managed to keep the news relatively quiet. There were rumors that something had been discovered near Maranatha, but not what.

A few select archaeologists with experience in dealing with Sith artifacts were brought in to help. Miri was among them, armed with her usual gear and a pair of noise-cancelling headphones. It was a rainy day, with an overcast sky. The ground was wet and muddy around the tomb entrance, where other archaeologists had already set up camp.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

The Jedi Vector dropped from hyperspace, as it closed on a nav beacon, prepared to make the next jump toward the core worlds.

<Beep-bee-bee-boop-bee-doo-weep>

In the starfighter cockpit, Jand perked his helmet as he heard his droid, R0-D2, comment in the comlink.

"Really, Deetoo?" The Nagai checked the sensors, as he looked down to the console. "Hm. Yes, I see it."

<Beep-bee-boop-doo-doo-beep>

Jand considered.

"Yes, update the navcomputer," The Padawan cleared his throat and adjusted the flight path. "We can check in. If they require assistance, we can help. If not, we continue to Coruscant."

Once the droid had completed the task, the systems updated, and the Jedi Vector was ready to engage hyperdrive. Jand flicked the toggle, and the nimble craft blinked from view, to reappear above the planet Alderaan a dozen minutes later. Now closer, the Nagai activated the communications device on the vessel and sought out the Jedi below:

"This is Jedi Padawan Talo," He said as he approached the planet. "I am en route to Coruscant, but can spare time to assist if needed. Respond?"

As she approached the camp, Miri was greeted by a Shi'ido male. Outwardly, he appeared to be a middle-aged human man with conventionally handsome features. "Hello, Miss Nimdok. My name is Enkidu Duran, I'm the Chief of Security here in Maranatha. I knew your father. I'm glad you could make it."

"At your service, Mr. Duran," she replied with a polite bow of her head. "Has the rest of the team arrived yet?"

He rattled off a few names. "Most of us are accounted for, but there are some who canceled at the last minute. We need at least one more Jedi to round things out."

As if on cue, they both overheard an incoming transmission:

"This is Jedi Padawan Talo. I am en route to Coruscant, but can spare time to assist if needed. Respond?"

The technician operating the comm system glanced up at Enkidu, as if asking for permission to respond. Enkidu nodded, then offered Miri the microphone.

She took it. "This is Jedi Padawan Nimdok. If you are experienced in dealing with Sith ruins and artifacts, your help would be most appreciated."

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

Jand listened as the transmission came back, which indicated another Padawan who was in need of those capable with Sith relics and ruins. That was decidedly not the Nagai, he had less experience with the more mystical and strange aspects of the Force, with his own specialty being more aligned with combating the Sith directly - with lightsabers.

"I understand," Jand replied through the communicator. "Unfortunately, Sith relics and ruins are not where my skills lay. I will return to Coruscant and request a Jedi more adept in this field be sent to help. Stand by."

Jand ended the call.

The astromech droid beeped and warbled, to which Jand responded as he flicked several console switches and prepared to depart the system:

"Without proper training, I doubt my capacity to help. I would likely become a liability, if we encountered ancient Sith magics."

R0-D2 took a moment, then confirmed.

The hyperspace route was locked in, and the Jedi Vector flashed from view, as it was propelled toward Coruscant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom