Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Map not showing - Communication Error; check PHP script

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Not quite sure what's going on, the map is continuously reloading on a white screen and won't load.

Eventually the Communication Error; check PHP script prompt appears, then nothing happens.

No changes on my end, everything exactly the same as it's been, this started 2 days ago.

I use firefox (it's updated).

Note: The Oblivion map works/displays when selected.

Forgive me suggesting the obvious but have you cleared your cache? I just tried to replicate your issue on Firefox and didn't notice any issues with the map

Matt the Radar Tech

Yeah, cleared cache, rebooted, reset the router, etc.
Forgive me suggesting the obvious but have you cleared your cache? I just tried to replicate your issue on Firefox and didn't notice any issues with the map
The thing that confuses me is the Oblivion map being fine, there's no issue for that one. Just the galaxy map, apparently.

Matt the Radar Tech

update me tomrrow on this
Still occurring. Oblivion map works, galaxy map does not.

PC has been shutdown and booted up, programs / things checked for updates, some about:config settings toyed with to see if that helped, doesn't appear so.

Matt the Radar Tech

It loads on phone (it's using chrome).

Also tried it with and without VPN, no change.

Really odd, everything else works as it did/has, save the galaxy map. There hasn't been any big updates to programs or changes to background processes, as far as I know.

Matt the Radar Tech

try incognito mode if you can. Seems like something is blocking the php from loading. Like maybe an extension, but you said you used a different browser...
I have solved the issue! It seems NordVPN has updated their threat protection algorithms and this has made the map be considered 'unsafe', though this seems unlikely in any regard - sadly the "protection" is automated, and I need to manually disable it to view the map.

Hopefully it goes back to what it was, or they change the parameters and it goes back to normal.

Also there was no awareness of that protection being updated, it was on their backend, so I didn't consider to delve into the program and adjust it since Oblivion map works.

Thanks for the assistance, sorry it turned out to be something lame like backend VPN protection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom