Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mantic Dorn's lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
0b3c0ce4f67d60bd9d713cc8070d1e5a.jpg

Intent: To make a submission for Mantic's lightsaber
Development Threads:

[x] - receives sasori gincho lightsaber power cell

[x] - retrieves lorridan crystal

[x] - assembles the actual saber

Manufacturer: Matsu Ike
Model: Lightsaber
Affiliation: Mantic Dorn
Modularity: Crystals can be changed
Production: Unique (Only One Character)

Material:
  • Durlanium Casing
  • Internal Components
  • Focusing Crystals

Classification: Lightsaber
Size: Handheld
Length: .33m (hilt) 1.33m (blade)
Weight: 2.5kg
Special Features:

Description: Designed and constructed by Mantic using supplies from Sasori after his meeting with Matsu Ike. The lightsaber is fairly standard compared to most but it has some differences. The gincho isotope five powercell is designed to offer superior cutting power compared to many. Giving levels into the blade that few other sabers can reach for cleaving through stronger and denser materials considerably faster. A limitation usually with diatium cells that can run out of power compared to the gincho that provides more power into a refined lens to focus it into a sharper smaller blade made to slash. The trapped hiilt using a jolt cell for protecting and keeping those not in its system (normally anyone other then Mantic) from using it with the biometric sensors. The jedi master himself providing a korridan crystal for his saber and room to add or replace others within it. A duel switch that allows the blades length to change from standard to three times the normal length, a waterprof casing for use underwater is also built into it.

Primary Source:

Mantic Dorn said:
The gincho isotope five powercell is designed to offer superior cutting power compared to many. Giving levels into the blade that few other sabers can reach for cleaving through stronger and denser materials.
Can you give me an example of what denser/stronger materials this entails, and how much faster it might cut through them than a normal lightsaber?

[member="Braith Achlys"]

The idea is that lightsaber resistant materials would be a major target here, or materials like duraplast and turadium. Strong materials that a lightsaber could cut with more time and stronger cutting power.
I guess its the lightsabers response to all the new lightsaber resistant methds that has risen?

I was told a few lightsabers before were approved with the logic that, more power allows for stronger cutting power and isotope 5 is a stronger power source.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52870-jaxtons-retrosaber/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/64093-the-sentinel/

I am not sure if I answered you correct?

Mantic Dorn said:
The idea is that lightsaber resistant materials would be a major target here, or materials like duraplast and turadium.
I will need further development on the lightsaber and its construction in order to let the submission pass for being able to cut through lightsaber resistant (or potentially being able to cut through) materials. Being able to cut through turadium and like materials more quickly than a standard saber (which is normally what "better cutting power" is defined as) is perfectly fine, though. Just more development is necessary for cutting through materials such as beskar, phrik, and so on.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Can you make a comparison of how quickly this lightsaber would cut through something like, say, turadium, as opposed to a normal lightsaber? I assume the ability to cut through something like Beskar would take a bit longer than it would to cut through turadium for a normal saber. (Which is quite some time).

[member="Braith Achlys"]

I am not sure how to answer this. As far as I know there is no timetable for a regular lightsaber and how long it can cut materials. This has bern mostly handled by narrative I tjink?
Or do you mean that we should swing it by saying it cuts through x faster then a normal lightsaber?.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Just wanted to make sure I'm on the same page as you - when you say considerably faster, we're talking a few seconds or maybe a minute faster for your lightsaber to cut through ~10 cm of material versus a normal lightsaber, and not immediately cutting through beskar like durasteel, correct?

Once we have that cleared up this is good to go :)

Braith Achlys said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Just wanted to make sure I'm on the same page as you - when you say considerably faster, we're talking a few seconds or maybe a minute faster for your lightsaber to cut through ~10 cm of material versus a normal lightsaber, and not immediately cutting through beskar like durasteel, correct?

Once we have that cleared up this is good to go :)
Yes, I figured it would damage a beskar armoe much more then a normal lightsaber but beskar would still offer better protection then regular durasteel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom