Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Manor Getaway

The events taking place but a few days ago still range dress in Elise mind. It had been a while since an archeological expeditoin she had been apart of had run across such a da house being. It kind of reminded her why working alone had some perks as if she had been by herself the secret Sith wouldn’t have hesitated to kill the Dark Jedi were he stood, but alas she needed to keep up the act of a former Jedi turned anthropologist. To an extent not a lie, it wasa statment that just so happened to omit the other few hundred years she spent back as A Sith like her mother and rest of family.

Not that she really wanted to think about it anymore. Regardless of the results said trip had been a disaster in terms of its original goals, though it had yielded some decent fruit. That being the man named Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok who had organised the trip in the first place. Herself and the man of unknown species exchanging contact information to meet up again after the trip. After a day or two to recuperate, catch up on messages and clean the house a little Elise felt no reason not to invite the similar minded scholar over for tea.

It would be interesting talking to somone with such extensive knowledge of the past that could rival her own, needless to say Elise, for once, was excited. The women having sent out a holo message inquiring if he was free to visit and dicuss certain topics as well as get some professional feed back on her personal collection.

A few days after the trip to Odessen, Nimdok received a message from Dr. Dixon asking if he wanted to visit her at her estate on Saleucami. He accepted the invitation and prepared to depart at once.

Nimdok had never been to the planet, but he knew it had long been seen as little more than a backwater world in a dead-end system. As time marched on however it inevitably became at least somewhat civilized, as various races carved homes out of the marshlands that dotted the planet's asteroid-ravaged surface.

As for Dr. Dixon and her mysterious manor/private museum, he wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The Odessen trip had been... less than ideal, what with their encountering a Sith who attempted to bar their way, but there had been a few positive takeaways from the experience. He had hoped she bore no ill feelings toward him over the botched expedition. Her gracious invitation seemed to prove that she didn't, but one could never be too certain of the motives of others.

Nimdok arrived at the house at around noon. He was dressed in loose monk-like robes that obscured much of his body. Only his head and hands were visible, and the toes of his boots came into view from beneath the hem of his robe when he walked.

Ahead of him, Dixon Manor loomed. The house was old, but not ancient; it had a certain rustic charm. He walked up the path beneath the archways and up to the front door, upon which he knocked three times.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

First came the familiar presence in the force alerting Elise to her visitors approach. Promptly followed by their scent, the women making her way down stairs, proceeding to open the door just as Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok had finished knocking. “Mr Nimdock, welcome, glad to see you arrived safe and sound, come in come in”. Elise giving the fellow scholar a warm smile as the door opened all the way up.

”I hope you’ll excuse sone of the dust, besides the odd family member and exhibit event in don’t tend to have many guest over”. The imitate hall way have a small haze in the air, covering a few glass display cabinets in a soft grey layer. “Up stairs I much neater though since I use it more often, shall we”. Elise offering toward the stair case before she began to climb them, slowly leading her guess to the study/lounge room on the second floor.

”I have to say, besides certain members of Jedi and Sith orders it is hard to find such an accomplished and knowledge man such as yourself”. “It is kind of refreshing change of pace if I do say so myself“.

Nimdok hadn't even lowered his hand before the door opened, revealing Dr. Dixon. She seemed glad to see him, smiling warmly as she invited him in.

"Thank you," the archaeologist replied politely. To her remark about the dustiness of the ground floor of the house, he said, "It's no trouble - I deal with dust all the time in my line of work. As I'm sure you can imagine..."

Dr. Dixon had succeeded in putting him at ease, and as they ascended the stairs it wasn't long before he was talking at length. "Really, my accomplishments are no greater than most of my contemporaries. I am simply... more willing to continue learning beyond my formal education."

"I received an excellent education on Ch--excuse me, on Alderaan, my homeworld. But I am not as knowledgeable as, for instance, the somewhat infamous Jedi Master Atris was in her time, or the great Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives during the Clone Wars, Jocasta Nu. They had access to records which have either since been lost, or were deliberately destroyed. So really, I don't consider myself all that exceptional."

As they reached the top of the stairs, he seemed to realize that he was overstating things in an effort to appear humble, and in a way was undermining himself. He coughed awkwardly, then smirked. "The only 'famous' historian I consider myself superior to would be Wolam Tser - and that is only because he was mired in his own personal biases due to his experiences with the Vong. It tainted much of his work - not to mention his generally unpleasant personality."

Following Dr. Dixon, he entered into what Nimdok presumed was a study or lounge. Decorated with olive green wallpaper and elegant wood paneling, it was quite spacious and well-furnished with comfortable couches. At once he noticed the presence of several artifacts on display, but he hesitated to approach them out of respect for his hostess. Instead, he gestured toward one item in particular. "Is that what I think it is...?"

Elise Ike Elise Ike

A small chuckle escaped Elise at his joke about dust, "I should expect as much from an archaeologist, I certainly have my fair share of it, though often mixed in with blood depending on how old the body I'm looking at is". Some cultures had very remarkable ways of preserving their dead, the Sith seemed to be the best at that with all their ancient tombs and what now all around the galaxy.

As they continued into the room she chose to ignore the mans slip up when talking about his home world. The moment they had met on the expedition Elise knew both of them had certain secret, best left in their closets. Clearly Nimdok didn't want people prying into his past and neither did she, a sort of unspoken understanding if she had to guess.

"Master Atris was quite the unorthodox Jedi, it wasn't to surprising that she fell to the dark side for some time, even if she was redeemed... or so I have researched". A topic she herself learn while apart of the Jedi order a few thousand years ago. Back then Atris life story was but a few hundred or so years old. Even still a tale that wasn't the easiest to cover, much was left up to speculation about her life after the many altercations during her life. "It is a shame about the Jedi archives, the Sith seem to revel in destroying knowledge they perceive as dangerous, probably afraid some of their students would get their hands on it and turn to the light".

To an extent it seemed ironic, the Jedi often tried to safe guard Sith artifacts and holocrons, keeping them out of harms way but around for those seeking knowledge on the enemies. Most if not all dark orders and Empires seemed to go out of their way to destroy Jedi teachings, wary that those under the Sith yoke would see through their lies and deception about the Jedi and turn against their masters. "Ah the Vong invasion, such fascinating creatures, I have always wondered about their home galaxy, are they a unique species? or are their more beings from their home that are dead to the force"? "Who is to say the force even exists outside our galaxy? So far the only expedition to try leaving our system ended up in disaster just before the clone wars".

She remembered the even well, no doubt that idiotic Darth Sideous had something to do with it, looking back it was so clear that chancellor was the Sith Lord in question. The clones wars just made to much sense when she combed over the events leading up to it, but alas it was in the past now, no point in trying to change that. Herself closing the door to the study as she walked to the table in the middle, a small plate of cake like objects and Atrisian style tea wear being on display, steam rising from the kettle.

She was about to ask if Nimdok would like a cup before the Archaeologists pointed to one of the items on display near the study table, causing Elise to smirk a little. "You have a good eye". "That is, what most people call, Exar Kun's Talisman, quite the interesting glove like item, able to boost ones dark side powers". "A family member actually found it in a Vong infested complex a while ago". "She passed it onto me for safe keeping as they themselves had no real use for it and feared it falling into the wrong hands". Said item sitting within a glass display case which was encrusted with void stone to avoid people sensing it.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok
(Unique item ownership)

Last edited:
Nimdok listened to Dr. Dixon as she spoke of Atris without adding any further remarks of his own. The fact that he was silent spoke volumes as to his respect for her as a fellow scholar. Normally he would be simply waiting for his turn to speak. But something in her voice made him feel that she knew something he couldn’t possibly grasp, the same way an eyewitness to some significant event holds better credentials than a historian writing years after the fact.

He did say one thing regarding her words on the Sith practice of purging dissident knowledge and teachings. “It is the Sith way, to enforce the will of one on everyone. The Jedi do not wish for their students to switch sides any more than the Sith do, but they always leave the option open. It seems the wisest teachers know it is best to let their students explore every path, even if they wind up choosing the wrong one in the end.”

This nugget of surprisingly philosophical thought came out of his mouth without thinking. Clearing his throat, he threw in an obnoxious know-it-all comment in an attempt to restore balance and deter any curiosity Dr. Dixon might have about how deep his knowledge of the Force actually went. “The Vong are, like the ysalimiri, one of the universe’s unexplainable phenomena. Clearly there are such Force-dead beings within our own galaxy, as well as those who carry a ‘Force wound’, though I confess that I struggle to understand the concept...”

The artifact would have seemed like an old ceremonial gauntlet to the untrained eye, but Nimdok knew better. When she told him what exactly it was, however, he was startled. “I knew it had to be some sort of Sith talisman, but Exar Kun’s?”

He took a step closer to get a better look, while still remaining well out of reach. “...wasn’t it Naga Sadow’s talisman before it was...?” His trailing off to avoid saying the Sith’s name twice made him seem almost superstitious, as did his reluctance to get too close to the gauntlet.

But it was a foolish fear. The talisman was behind glass, and more than that guarded by a Void Stone. Nimdok exhaled, then turned back to Dr. Dixon. “Was this family member of yours the first to identify it as Exar Kun’s?

Elise Ike Elise Ike

Last edited:
She gave a light shrug, "True the Jedi now days do allow their students to see both sides". "Though if someone is raised with any sort of morals even if they are shown the dark side most would probably steer clear of it". "Not that I think the dark side of the force is naturally bad, but most uses it for a quick grab to power". "The Sith and their dogma on emotions like rage an hatred is a very raw and uncontrolled aspect of if". "It infuriates me when I see Sith Lords proclaim about how they have achieved true mastery of the force through their ways and bend it to their whim". Rage, while a quick head start in the use of the froce meant less control over it's powers and had many side effects. It was often why a Padawan would easily lose to a Sith initiate but most Jedi masters who had trained for a long time could clean the floor with multiple Sith Lords.

"Sorry, I'm rambling again, topics about the Sith tend to get me, emotional". Quite ironic if Nimdok knew she was technically speaking one, even if her use of the force and ideals differed greatly from those of the regular Sith. Her focus returning to the fellow scholar as he marveled at the artifact currently in her possession. "Yes it was originally Naga Sadows, but most people these days refer to it simply as Exar Kun's, probably since he was the last to lay claim to it, though I've read that it sometimes is just called the 'Sith Amulet'... not the most original name ever". "As for them knowing about the amulet origins, they did not until it was brought to me, though as said family member is a strong force user they easily felt it's power".

She paced around the display cabinet as she continued to talk, eyeing up it's interesting design, something she could never really get over. "After identifying it they had no real qualm about me keeping it here, probably since I would handle it responsibly and keep it away from prying eyes". "Which I have done, even with a break in not long ago, but from what I gathered the thief was not away of the amulets presence".

Last edited:
Given her comment on how talking about Sith teachings and dogma made her “emotional”, Nimdok thought it prudent to avoid bringing the topic up in conversation again.

“A strong Force user,” he echoed the last of her words, deep in thought. “If I may ask, what was this relative of yours doing in a Vong-infested complex?”

It was easy to guess what the Vong had wanted with an artifact that was supposed to be of immense power to Force users. For those who were not sensitive to the Force, it held little value except as a museum piece.

The mentioning of a break-in caused Nimdok to finally tear his eyes away from the amulet. He faced Dr. Dixon, his expression quite serious and concerned. “I hope the burglar was apprehended. Was anything damaged? What was stolen?”

Like any decent archaeologist, he found the thought of priceless artifacts being destroyed or tampered with... distressing, to say the least. Unfortunately, it was something that couldn't be avoided, whether because of war and upheaval or simple individual error. In the case of theft, there was no excuse.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

That wasn't a question she had asked herself, Kurenai was quite aloof before settling down with the CIS. Merc job, adventuring, in all honesty it could have been anything. "I can really answer your question, though from what I was told the amulet wasn't the only item there, something about a saber, it's precance calling out". "You'd have to ask them yourself for the full detail, even then it happened around two years ago so don't expect a full play by play".

After all her relationship with her daughter wasn't the best, mostly Kurenai tolerated Elise, it was kind of her fault that the youngster had a terrible childhood. Though that was in the past, the two had thousands of year to amend their relationship and the issue with this amulet was one of those stepping stones. "As for if the Vong knew of it's power, hard to say, perhaps it had falling into their hands after some sort of raid". "With how much time passed between it's last recorded sighting anything could have happened".

The sudden reaction of Nimdok as she mentioned the break in was, kind of surprising, though it was also nice to see someone who valued her exhibits. "Unfortunately they were not, from what I gathered they were some Sith Apprentice, probably hear about my manor through the grape vine and were looking for anything valuable". "It was a women, quite skilled but reckless, I gave her a run for their money, got in a few wounding hit before they fled via the use of a stun grenade of sorts".

During said fight Elise had to resort to some of her more dangerous dark side powers, in the past she should have been able to easily kill the intruder. Life away from combat had made her dueling skills a little rusty. "Fortunately nothing was stolen, though the inside balcony and a few walls were damaged, over the last few months I've taken the necessary steps to secure the house more".

Nimdok’s curiosity hadn’t been sated. “How would I contact your relative? I would like to discuss the matter further with them, if I may.”

It was a relief to know that nothing had been stolen and the attempted burglary had failed, even if the culprit was not caught. “Interesting. Saleucami is fairly remote, and I wouldn’t expect many to be aware of your little museum here. It seems you are even more well-known than I initially thought.”

If her extensive collection was anything to go on, Dr. Dixon was worthy of renown. Nimdok gestured toward the other artifacts in the room, wondering if there were others as infamous as the gauntlet among them. As he moved his head, he caught a whiff of freshly brewed Atrisian tea, and it occurred to him that his curiosity about the amulet had led him to seize control of the conversation away from his hostess. Feeling rather humbled, he took a step away from the display case containing the gauntlet and clasped his hands behind his back, endeavoring to keep his mouth shut for once.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

This was a first, “interested in hiring them out for a job? Or do you just want to talk with them? No matter, I can give you their holo number, just be prepared for a very gruff greeting. She isn’t a mean person but Kurenai can come off as rather distant and stoic”. One of the side effects of the galactic civil war and Vong invasion along with everything else that had happened in the last 800 years.

“Well you are right, this planet hasn’t changed to much, though as the Sith Empire grows it is no wonder their spies would scout out possible new borders ”. It was only a matter of time until either the SJO or TSE claimed the back water planet for their own. “I suspect the Sith intruders was probing me first, the Sith while reckless are not stupid, the wouldn’t risk taking my items via force least I destroyed them”.

And after her spat with the assassin the Sith empire probably knew she was a Dark Side users of some sorts. Most likely they would try and recruit her to their side if they took control of the world... like she would agree to that. “Anyhow, would you like some tea? I am not sure if it is to your flavour, my home planets cuisine can often be considered odd to others. though I assume a well traveled person such as yourself would already know this”.

“Well, not exactly… though perhaps in the future I might be inclined to hire her,” Nimdok replied. “If she is anything like you, I’m sure we will have no issues working together.”

As Dr. Dixon spoke of the Sith and how they had sought to learn more about her before they struck, he couldn’t help wondering how he might classify her. He’d seen her use some… formidable powers on Odessen, but nothing overtly Dark or Light. Practical magic seemed to be her forte, if not her preference. She spoke ill of the Sith, but didn’t talk like a Jedi. Perhaps a rogue knight or dissident Force user. Well, there was only one way to find out.

“I would like some tea, thank you,” he said amiably. The break in topic was a good opportunity to turn the conversation over to her. Nimdok, with all his secrets, found it difficult at times to keep his story straight, so it was to his benefit to avoid talking about himself. He was curious about Dr. Dixon though; she was clearly not all she seemed.

“I hope you will not find this an impertinent observation,” he began. “But I can’t help noticing you have many powerful Sith artifacts in your collection. I understand the need to contain such power and keep it out of the wrong hands… but I have also heard the stories of Sith holocrons whispering in the ears of Jedi, turning even the most well-intentioned keepers to the Dark Side.”

Like Atris, he thought. Though the Sith poisoned her when she was vulnerable and alone. You are not alone, Dr. Dixon, and not half so mired in dogma and doctrine as she was.

“You’ve certainly not spoken kindly of the Sith, nor did you tolerate the one we encountered on Odessen. I don’t think, then, that you could fall prey to such forces, no matter how subtle… but I do have some questions. Namely, if the Sith have not only discovered this place, but have already made attempts to seize these artifacts, would it perhaps be worth considering either destroying them or rendering them permanently useless, beyond simply holding them in a display case with a Void Stone?”

As he spoke, he took a seat on one of the couches. He hoped that, in addition to his apologetic tone, sitting down would make it clear that he was not accusing her of anything. If he were, he would be on his guard and unable to make himself appear comfortable in her presence.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

A small chuckle escaped Elise at Nimdoks words. “Kurenai is quite the opposite to me, in both interest, personality and stature, tall macular and well endowed in the chest region“. Probably got that from her fathers side. Force knows her mother and grandmother didn’t pass anything on.

Herself unwrapped a few small cake like items, placing them out on the table as she took one of the tea cups in hand. The green liquid producing it’s unique aroma, “the cakes are the counteract the bitterness of the tea if you find it to strong, or you can just eat them at your own pace”.

She took a small sip, keeping her relaxed expression, though it soon dropped, said expression changing to a small sly smile. “Well, I have delved into both sides of the force, I know the apparent pros and cons of both light and dark”. “It is hard to be tempted by power that others have used and wound up regretting or in some cases bore said negative effects personally”. A lesson well learnt when first going against her grandmother, trying to use certain means and powers in attempt to usurp her throne. Long story short it had not gone well, one of the reason for her partial self exile on this planet.

”As for the Sith, true they may know about me and this place, but what I have on display is probably not fully known”. “In addition despite all the propaganda you hear the Empire isn’t as stable as one would think. Ranging from small insurgent groups, their war with the SJO and mounting tension with the CIS “. “I highly doubt they have the time or man power to look into me, more so since they would need a semi powerful force to take me on”.

She would then leaned in, placing her hand together, giving a wider smile. “Besides, if they did try to mess with me they’d be getting on the bad side of my family”. “True I’ve had a bit of a rough patch with them last few years but at the end of the day grandmother won’t hesitate to make life a living hell for anyone that pisses me off”. “And with the very well established and old connection throughout galaxy it wouldn’t be hard to pull off”. Her somewhat sinister smile fading away as she leaned back, giving a more clam look. “I hope that answers your question”.

Nimdok raised an eyebrow at her description of Kurenai. Her words were light-hearted and almost joking, but he sensed a history of friction between the two. Their relationship, he guessed, was close in the genetic sense—they were presumably either sisters or mother and daughter. Dr. Dixon did not appear to be old enough to have an adult daughter, but appearances could be deceiving.

At her prompting, he picked up a cup of tea. He’d never tried this particular kind before. The warm liquid was green in color and the steam wafting from it had a sharp herbal smell. He predicted the taste would be even stronger, and prepared himself accordingly before taking a sip.

It reminded him almost of bitter liqueur, though such drinks were usually served cold. This was a hot drink, and somehow that made it much worse. He barely managed to swallow, his expression pinched, and even afterwards he was left blinking rapidly, his lips pursed at the overwhelming taste lingering in his mouth. The cakes were definitely necessary as a chaser.

He caught the sly smile spreading across her face at his words. A thin, defiant smile. She admitted she had played for both sides, purely to see what usefulness could be wrung out of the Light and the Dark. Her outlook on the Force was pragmatic; she viewed it as a tool, nothing more. Unlike some, Nimdok did not find this a particularly admirable trait, but he kept his opinions to himself. He already sensed that she was at least partially deflecting the concerns he had raised. She clearly thought such considerations beneath her and unworthy of her time, and by extension he seemed foolish for raising them in the first place. Perhaps she was right. He did not know the specifics of how things worked here.

Her smile widened as she continued, becoming somewhat sinister. She blustered about her family’s power, dismissing any threat the Sith posed to her or her collection. In particular, she mentioned a protective grandmother with influences and connections throughout the galaxy.

“I see,” he murmured. “Your family—do they share your interest in Sith and Jedi artifacts? And your grandmother. You say she is very well-established. Is she also in the anthropology business?”

In the back of his mind, the desire to not leave empty-handed had arisen, prompted by the shock of seeing Exar Kun's gauntlet in her possession. He did his best to squash the covetous impulse, along with any vague inclination toward theft. If Dr. Dixon was indeed as powerful as she claimed, she could kill him before he had time to so much as brush his sleeve against a display case. Convincing her to part with a piece was also unlikely—she was not the type to be moved by the surface-level manipulation of flattery or seduction. Force knew he ought not to bother with the latter, no matter how dulcet the tones of his voice. The only way he could feasibly walk away with an artifact from her collection would be if she offered it to him, and that did not seem likely.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

She could feel his reaction to her words and slightly haughty attitude towards the Sith. It was always somewhat interesting seeing how people slowly realized she wasn't the nicest person in the galaxy. Outright evil? No she wasn't that bad, but certainly Elise wasn't above certain questionable acts if she could get away with it. A true Neutral evil, only doing bad things if the law permitted it, abiding by principal as long as it served a purpose and worked well, a type of person you didn't often see in the galaxy these days.

Then again she had thousands of years to perfect it, a superior being such as herself could afford to slowly evolve such a view point and execute it. It was also through those year she developed her idea and use of the force. Was it a tool to be used, yes but unlike the Sith she didn't try to bend it towards her will or claim mastery over it. In her mind the force was a raging river, the Jedi would build boats and let the steam carrying them along, surrounding themselves to the force will.

The Sith, they were idiots that built a flimsy dam, using the water for their own use, but ultimately the dam would cause problems down steam, an unbalance in the force and sooner of later said dam would collapse. Herself, Elise was neither, she was the person who made a water wheel, using the current of the force for her use. Not throwing her fate upon to the unrelenting tide but no trying to control it full, this was her life and she'd decide what to do, if she made mistakes, so be it, just another part of the learning curve.

"My family, it is rather complicated, Kurenai is a member of the CIS, a dark side users among their high ranking nights". It was knowledge Nimdok would have found out easily enough when inquiring about the women. "Her own children are interesting, all serving in the Silver Jedi, two as Knights as of now and on as a ranger". How their position came to past she didn't know, the Silver Jedi recruited from all sorts of areas, a strength and weakness depending on how you looked at it. "I believe her second eldest daughter shares my fascination with the past, a blooming archaeologist that has made a few interesting discoveries herself". Word around being that Sukai had obtains some device while exploring an ancient Jedi ruin on some Ice planet a while ago, but it's use wasn't yet known.

"As for my mother and grandmother, well, best I keep that to myself for now, best not risk saying something I'd regret".

Last edited:
The CIS. He was not as familiar with them as he should be, considering the breadth and scope of their influence in the galaxy. In fact, the only government he had intimate knowledge of was the Alliance, formerly known as the Grayson Imperium… but that was in another life.

As for the SJO, his dealings with them had been very limited, but he knew they were a large and well-trusted group of Jedi, though far looser in their leadership and organization than the Alliance.

“Kurenai’s second daughter could be a student of mine,” he mused aloud. After a brief pause, he added, “I taught history and anthropology at a university on Alderaan some years ago. Perhaps she was a pupil there—it is quite prestigious. I’ve never quite been able to take myself out of the lecturing mindset ever since. As I’m sure you’ve noticed...”

She clearly wasn't comfortable speaking of her family. No matter—it was high time they moved on to the main attraction, the rest of the museum pieces. Sneaking one last cake, Nimdok spoke in an almost playful tone. “Is Exar Kun’s gauntlet the centerpiece of your collection, or are there greater wonders hidden in less plain view?”

Elise Ike Elise Ike

Last edited:
There it was, another mention of Alderaan, certainly interesting to hear. She had to wonder if Nimdok had any past affiliations with one of the many republics or alliances that had called the planet theirs. He certainly seemed to be a little more then just an archeologist/teacher... then again maybe she was just being a little paranoid. Either way somthing to keep on note if she ever visited the planet again. Though it would never be the same, being blown up by a Death Star tended to make thing change a lot.

“You’d have to talk with the Silvers first to get her away from other tasks, and befre then you’d have to get through Kurneai“. “Ever since a bad run in with a crazy dark Jedi in some old tomb her mother has been a little ofer protective when allowing people to take her as a student“. It had been one of the reasons the family decided to permanently settle back down on Atrisia, giving up their semi nomadic life style. “I doubt she would have been a past pulpli, their family spent most of her youth on Datooine and around that area of space until their early teens”. “Though I have a feeling she’d enjoy your manner of talking, she is quite the eager leaner when it comes to the past”.

In time Sukai would become like her, a person who had lived through many events and could recount them with much more detail then holo books. The current texts and knowledge about the old republic paled in compassion to what she had lived through at the time. Elise giving a slight sigh as she returned an eye back to the table, raising an eyebrow at the almost empty cake tray.

”The amulet is a major part, as you may notice a lot of the exhibits are mainly animal skeletons or skills of different species“. As per her more specialised a line of work as an osteologist called for, there was just somthing about organic bodies and their internal wrokimg that called interest. “Though I do have another item you may find interesting”, her gazing falling in a similar void stone glass case opposite side of the desk from the amulet. Within said glass confine sat a light saber hilt, it’s shape clearly showing who ever used it was a dark sider.

Dr. Dixon seemed able to predict Nimdok’s train of thought, telling him how he might contact Kurenai’s daughter even though he hadn’t asked. He filed the information away regardless, but it was rather amusing.

Elise—he felt confident referring to her by her first name now that she no longer seemed like an informal acquaintance—was beginning to show cracks in her facade, though they were minuscule hairline cracks. While the subject of her family was still center stage, she became a wise old dowager in exile, presiding over her manor in the evening gloom. There was nothing sagely about her external appearance, but she exuded an aura that was absolutely ancient. He hadn’t noticed it when he first met her on Odessen, but now it was clear as crystal. Like him, she was far older than she appeared, though he suspected she had many more centuries behind her than his mere one hundred and seventy three years.

As she moved on to talking about the museum, the ancient aura was submerged once more. He had nearly forgotten that she first introduced herself as an osteologist. That explained the presence of numerous skeletons and bone specimens in the study. He didn’t share her interest in such things, preferring to let the dead be left alone in their graves.

Instead, she eyed another display case on the other side of the room. Nimdok followed her gaze, and found the display held a lightsaber of an unusual design. The aggressive nature of the bladed hilt marked it out as obviously Sith.

He stood up and crossed the room with a whisper of robes, approaching the display for a closer look. “I would date it to the Clone Wars… or perhaps earlier.” He turned to Dr. Dixon. “Where did you get this?”

Elise Ike Elise Ike

Even if the two had different interests and fields of study when it came to the past there was decent overlap. Her own study of remains and culture often lead to personal interest in more physical object and aspects of an old civilization. Architecture, language and general way of life were all things that stood out to the ancient women. Often enough the bodies of those who live there held the most knowledge, shape of teeth alluring to what food they ate, strength of the bones and density allowing her to speculate the general health of said population.

It was more accurate in her mind then trying to make sense of old artifacts. A many times she had witness archaeologist conclude the wrong thing upon finding certain items while in a ruin, but unlike those items an organic body couldn't lie. Either way both profession helped advanced peoples understanding of the past and Elise wasn't going to get into an argument over which field of study was better. Petty arguments like that were best left for silly holo sit comedy about stereotypical nerds living their day to day life.

She put that line of though to the side, standing up from the seat as Nimdok moved to the other display case. A small use of the force pulling another tray of the small cakes out for use later. Though her attention was soon placed back on the man as he quivered about the hilt, Elise having to suppress a smirk, very tempted to blatantly tell him it was hers. "It is a saber I recovered on Atrisia when visiting one of the old rural villages, even for a planet advanced as Corsucant there are many small communities in the mountains that live a very old fashion way of life". "Not much is known about the hilt, folk stories adn what little recorded information there is talk about a Sith called Darth Illiari that attempted to usurp the old Feudal style lord of the area centuries ago". "A rather typical story of an overconfident Sith grasping at power like they always do, only to be defeated by those presumed to be inferior, most likly fleeing and in the process discarding the weapon".

It felt a bit strange, talking about her past in such a way, almost as if it was a story she had not been present for, though once more Elise technically speaking wasn't lying. She tended to do that a lot, say stuff that was right but at the same time leaving out certain information allowing her identity to be revealed in full, the whole hide in plan sigh trend. "As for a Date, considering the event supposedly happened a decade or two before the clones wars began, you are correct, but, depending on who made the blade it could be even older".

“You’re referring to the Quan’Lo people, I presume,” Nimdok remarked, casting a knowing glance her way. He may not have tried Atrisian tea before today, but he was not totally ignorant of their culture, and he couldn’t resist letting his knowledge be known.

“Such legends often have some grain of truth in them,” he agreed. “Darth Illiari was no doubt a real person, though the details of her story would have been altered or lost over time. Since her story seems to have ended with defeat but not necessarily death, I wonder if some traces of her could be found elsewhere… I’ll have to look her up in every library I have a chance to visit from this day forth.”

He chuckled to himself at the joke, but couldn’t help noticing the odd look on Elise’s face. His mirth faded as he tried to follow this new lead, but it disappeared too quickly for him to catch the meaning of her sudden change in demeanor. He was quick to recover, however, and jumped onto the next train of thought she presented.

“That’s very interesting. I had always believed that, in the years before and during the Clone Wars, the Sith were a fairly low-level presence. Even Darth Sidious’ machinations were conducted behind the mask of the more benevolent Chancellor Palpatine. Though a small localized attempt at taking over a planetside village on a feudalistic world would fit with that theme, I suppose. Was there any information on where Illiari came from, her family connections or even just her species? Was she native to Atrisia, or did she come from somewhere else?”

Elise might not have any idea how to answer his questions, and Nimdok knew that, but he couldn’t resist the urge to chase a thread when he found one. It was an impulse that frequently got him into trouble, though he chalked much of that up to it being a recent development in his personality. The old Nimdok had been content to be a professor, placing his dreams of traveling the galaxy and digging up artifacts on countless worlds in a closed drawer for the sake of his family. But the new Nimdok was not held back by such responsibilities anymore. He was free to pursue the wind if he so pleased, and found that he was happy to do so even if the hunt was unsuccessful. For better and worse, the drawer had been opened.

Elise Ike Elise Ike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom