Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Mandragora-type Fighter/Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
cMZpAFZ.jpg

M A N D R A G O R A

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A reward for participants of the Confederacy's Codex Contest
  • Image: Click
  • Image Source: Alistair Macintyre
  • Canon Link: White Current
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Confederacy | In Collaboration with AEI
  • Model: Mandragora-type Fighter/Transport
  • Affiliation: [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Rapax"]
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Matrix Armor, Glasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Fighter/Transport
  • Length: 54 meters
  • Width: 13 meters
  • Height: 10 meters
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: High
  • Squadron Count: None (1)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Standard Sensory Array
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Encryption Network
  • Detention Cell
  • Living Quarters (2)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • White Current Runes
STRENGTHS
  • White Current Runes: Etched into the underside of each plate are a variety of runes. When in flight, the pilot may utter one of two incantations at any time, producing one of two affects. The first affect is stealth: a standard trait of the White Current. When "cloaked" the vessel is effectively removed from sensors, visual perception, and Force-based perception for a very brief span of time. The second affect is duplication, where the vessel effectively "splits" into two. The doppelganger is significant enough to fool sensors, visual perception, and Force-based perception throughout its duration. It is to be noted that both affects are activated and maintained by the pilot's own Sensitivity and Force Energies.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Neutral Fields: Combat within a field produced by Ysalamir or Void Stone will effectively render the runes inert.
  • Beacon: Whilst inactive, the Force-based nature of the runes cause this vessel to be very easily perceived by Force-based senses.
  • Cooldown: It is to be noted that only one affect can be active at a time. And, the cooldown time before the runes can be utilized again is several hours. In short - One affect per thread.
  • Limitation (Stealth): White Current practitioners will be able to easily discern this vessel while "cloaked." Secondly, the duration of the cloak is not extensive (unlike a true cloaking device.) It is just enough time to evade a salvo or dive into Hyperspace - it is not enough time to fully carry out a covert insertion.
  • Limitation (Doppelganger): White current practitioners will be able to easily see through this illusion. Secondly, the doppelganger is incredibly short range and will disappear if the vessel ventures too far. Thirdly, the duration on this illusion is also brief - lasting less than two minutes total.
  • Limitation (Sensitivity): A Force Dead or Non Force User pilot will not be able to activate or maintain the Runes.
  • Limitation (Recharge): Although the affect largely relies upon the skill of the pilot, the runes themselves require a "recharge" time before being utilized again. Typically, no less than five posts.
DESCRIPTION

The Mandragora-type Fighter/Transport is a special project undertaken by the Confederacy's religious sect. A team composed of faithful worked hand in hand with Confederate engineers in order to produce a trio of starships that were unique in their capabilities. While, technically speaking, the Mandragora-type is an average Fighter/Transport, what sets it apart are the runes eteched underneath its hull plating. These runes, when activated via incantation, produce a duo of effects which can give even a novice pilot an extreme edge over his/her adversaries.

Of course, while the exact limitations of these effects are difficult to measure - as the Force is infinite - the design teams saw fit to classify this vessel as a permanent prototype. There are, and will only ever be, three Mandragora-type Fighter/Transports in existence; and currently they are in the possession of three of the Mandragora's brightest members.

Darth Metus said:
White Current Runes: Etched into the underside of each plate are a variety of runes. When in flight, the pilot may utter one of two incantations at any time, producing one of two affects. The first affect is stealth: a standard trait of the White Current. When "cloaked" the vessel is effectively removed from sensors, visual perception, and Force-based perception for a very brief span of time. The second affect is duplication, where the vessel effectively "splits" into two. The doppelganger is significant enough to fool sensors, visual perception, and Force-based perception throughout its duration.
Is there any sort of precedence for these runes? The closest thing canonically that I know of is the "permanent" illusions used by the Fallanassi, but these don't seem to have any ability to change effect, and they appear to require constant "power" from a Force-user to use.

Does the user's ability to use the Force influence if these can be activated and to what degree?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Missed this, pardon the delay! I'm stuck on mobile for today, but I'll update the Strength accordingly.

I'll be changing the wording to reflect that the affects are:
- Tied to Force Sensitivity
- Are fed by the pilot and require their energy to produce

Would that be acceptable?

[member="Darth Metus"], that sounds fine in concept to me, as it essentially mimics the permanent White Current illusions.

EDIT: At semi-unique production, this will need a Tier V or Tier VI company to basically do the "alchemy" for the runes per the standardized rules.

[member="Lily Kuhn"], [member="Gir Quee"]

Added Akure Executive Interstellar as a Manufacturer. As a long-standing employee of that company, this should pose no issue.

Updated the Strength to reflect that the Runes can only be activated and maintained by Force Sensitives. Added a matching Limitation.

[member="Darth Metus"], those edits look pretty solid.

I realize that this is probably venturing more into the individual character's ability to use the Force, but is there any sort of "recharge" time before these runes can be used again?

[member="Darth Metus"], yes and no.

From an in-character perspective, the effectiveness of the runes is largely based on the characters' ability to use the Force rather than of any particular strength of the Runes themselves.

However, from an OOC gameplay balance, I think we do need some sort of minimum recharge time in these, lest someone think that they can continually use it repeatedly. I think that an argument could be made that this shouldn't be an issue given that there are canon cloaking devices that can keep a ship cloaked almost indefinitely. I think that the counterpoint to that argument though is that cloaking devices can be defeated by specialized sensors, while the White Current lore suggests that this would defeat pretty much all sensors (do correct me if I'm wrong though).

Having a recharge time (given what's written already) seems the easiest way to me to balance that strength out, but I'm open to alternative suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom