Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mando and Grogu on the big screen!!

I'm wondering what there is to do at this point though.

Unless Grogu starts to speak, or they're incorporating more plot, I'm not sure how much they've got to proceed.

Either way, it's been a long time since Star Wars was on the big screen and it's about time it's back.

Valstraus Crestin

V
I hope it doesn’t flop like the last trilogy. But we all love mando and grogu. It’s set to be directed by Jon Favreau, and his work so far is great, so I have high hopes.

General audiences might struggle to make the leap from streaming to the big screen. It is going to be an interesting case study for this new era for Hollywood. What other hit streaming show has made the jump to the movie theater? None that I can think of, it is usually the opposite direction. Knives Out, for example.

Will someone that subscribes to Disney+ but is not a cinephile + an avid SW fan actually make the effort and accept the additional expense to go out to see it. I am going to suggest most will wait till it hits streaming.

General audiences might struggle to make the leap from streaming to the big screen. It is going to be an interesting case study for this new era for Hollywood. What other hit streaming show has made the jump to the movie theater? None that I can think of, it is usually the opposite direction. Knives Out, for example.

Will someone that subscribes to Disney+ but is not a cinephile + an avid SW fan actually make the effort and accept the additional expense to go out to see it. I am going to suggest most will wait till it hits streaming.
This guy makes a good point. Will the people that watched the show, really go to a theater? I wouldn't. It'll just come out on a streaming service 1-2 months later. Why make the trip when I can stay at home and watch it?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
I see a few comments about the disconnect between the streaming service and theaters but the last time I had disney + they had all the movies too. Granted, the rise of skywalker or whatever it's called had a slight delay between airing in theaters and being uploaded to disney +, but unless they've changed something and i didn't hear about it, i don't see why they wouldn't make use of their streaming service too? just makes more financial sense to me

Also! this part of the statement is interesting to me
image.png

Does this mean they plan on creating multiple Mando-centric Film(s) ? I hope they don't bloat it like the third trilogy but the idea that these two might genuinely be the new face of the franchise is kind of neat! imo mandalorians were really neglected in (post-EU) star wars and i'll be excited if they continue fleshing out canon mando culture

I see a few comments about the disconnect between the streaming service and theaters but the last time I had disney + they had all the movies too. Granted, the rise of skywalker or whatever it's called had a slight delay between airing in theaters and being uploaded to disney +, but unless they've changed something and i didn't hear about it, i don't see why they wouldn't make use of their streaming service too? just makes more financial sense to me

Also! this part of the statement is interesting to me
image.png

Does this mean they plan on creating multiple Mando-centric Film(s) ? I hope they don't bloat it like the third trilogy but the idea that these two might genuinely be the new face of the franchise is kind of neat! imo mandalorians were really neglected in (post-EU) star wars and i'll be excited if they continue fleshing out canon mando culture

The films they're mentioning are the already announced Rey Skywalker film, Dawn of the Jedi film, and Filoni Mandoverse film.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom