Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mando 101

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
Adela Verd was particularly bored today.

There didn't seem to be a heck of a lot to do, since she didn't know how to fight (properly, anyway) - she'd have to get her dad to teach her someday soon though - and everything that needed doing was done. So the eight-year-old girl sat cross-legged on her bed, surfing the holonet, looking for something to entertain herself with. Another day she might roam the ground of Castle Ne'tra - Castle Death, she'd learned it meant - but it was raining, and she didn't really feel like wandering around the Castle itself. So she sat in her room and surfed the holonet.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The Mandalorian known as Isley Verd had procured something from his personal vault within the castle, something long and wrapped in velvet. It was something of immense, personal value to him; so much so that it scarce left its place within the confines of his personal safe. However, now that he had a child to call his own, he had decided to take the opportunity to pass this heirloom down to his youngest daughter as a means of introducing her to the lifestyle she would be entering. Adela Verd was, above all else, the child of a Mandalorian and she would be raised as thus. Now having "come of age" and all that. Long, confident strides bore the beskar-clad warrior to his child's bedroom and his knuckles tapped upon the surface of the door before he admitted himself within.

"Adela, I've got something for you...It's something that's quite important to the family." he said, holding the velvet aloft. Upon removing the covering, he revealed a flawlessly polished beskad and held the weapon flat upon his palms. "This belonged to my father and was passed down to him by my grandfather. It's changed hands throughout the history of our family, for centuries. And now, I am giving it to you. This is my gift, Ad'ika, to herald the start of your training. From here on out, you'll be a child of Mandalore."

@[member="Adela Verd"].

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
Adela was silent and still for a few moments as she digested the information, her eyes locked onto the besk'ad. Then, a slow smile split across her face. She had stood up when her father entered the room, and now she took a tentative step towards the sword. Mandalorians didn't go in for the ceremonial stuff, but she still felt like it would be a bad idea to touch it. The velvet wrapping that had housed the besk'ad had not helped. "Wayii." She breathed, still staring at the weapon.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom