Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mandalorians] Memoirs of a Supercommando - Part 1

hangar-cam1-fahrt-0053-kl.jpg
Location: Orbit of Oovo IV - Mandal Hypernautics Ship in Cloak - Launch Bay​
Objective: Brief and Prep​
[member="Anija Ordo"]
[member="Verz Horak"]
[member="Muad Dib"]
[member="Seris Vant"]
[member="Orin Valdor"]
[member="Anastasia Rade"]
[member="Vilaz Munin"]
[member="Xander Carrick"]
[member="Mac O Shenanigans"]
Ijaat was nervous, if he told the truth to anyone. Beyond nervous, which was uncommon for the Supercommando. At his age, having any sort of nerves was an uncommon feeling. Especially after having lived through and seen exactly what he had seen in his life. It wasn't often one emerged relatively unscathed from such combats. But he had, in his own way, came about and lived after it. Brushing a hand through the front of his widows-peaked hair, the mandalorian rolled his arms in his heavy patterned armor, the pauldrons clanking against his chest plate.

For once, despite his hopefully relatively command manner, he had dressed in his armor. Recently he had taken to letting it hang in his suite, polished and gleaming in white and silver, awaiting the time he put it on and charged back again into battle. But that would be only in a minimal role this time he hoped. As he gazed about those gathered in the hangar, he allowed himself the briefest of smiles as he studied them. They were, in most people's opinion, some of the best his people had to offer in their various fields. The ones in the Protectors he knew better of than the others, but he had vetted almost all those in this assembly.

Clearing his throat, he placed his hands behind his back in an almost parade-rest fashion as he spoke.

"Right... You all know why you are here or you wouldn't be here. We have something down on that planet... Something our people would dearly like back. The crash site of an old AIAT/i ship that used to be called Jaster's Legacy..."

Here he paused, to see if any would recognize the name and realize what might be there.

"It was used as a hidden cache for some things by a few Journeymen..The crash site was far enough out it was completely hidden from the security forces of the planet... It's in a ravine, but we received signal someone has moved in, life scanners detecting a sizable party. The secure max prison formerly here is mostly defunct now, but the suspicion is those detected at the site are using former equipment and the prison itself as a base of operations. Our first order of business is to establish a secondary, secure LZ for us to stage out of. From there, we go forward with a scouting party to examine the crash site, and then we launch an attack based on findings. Pretty simple forward operation, a straight fight like we like. Hopefully we can stop them before they retreat to the prison and get behind armored walls with choke points.

Any question?"

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Hoath. Warlord cladded in old, worn leather and most of the time wielding either a knife, a revolver or a shotgun; depending on how frisky he was feeling at the time. Used to be the Grand Marshal of the Confederate Armies, all of ‘em, the supreme leader and ruthless bastard that had brought CIS victory after victory. But that wasn’t what the Galaxy would remember him for, no, there was that one event that would always stick with him.

Butcher of Druckenwell, the man who had ordered the destruction of the orbital shipyards and brought them crashing onto the planet proper, supposedly at least. Most of the more informed folks would be aware that it had all been a publicity stunt, Norongachi trying to shove the blame onto someone else, but what did the common guy know about politics?

Didn’t bother Serock, not really at least. Even he understood what a fecked up decision it had been, but if it had been his decision? The man would probably have done ordered exactly the same thing.
Anyway.
That’s what Ijaat’s vetting would reveal. A disgraced Marshal brought into the fold by Monroe, ol’ Mand’alore the Liberator.

The lad asked if there were any questions, for a while Serock let that one churn for its own, mix and boil until in the end the question was posed with some mirth.

Yeah.’ the slow rumble brought out. ‘When do we start?

Standing there in my battle armor, black and war torn cloak around me and the helmet's cyclops eye glowing yellow. On my belt were my two lightsabers, one a single blue bladed, and the other my master ranked double bladed gold colored lightsaber. Another weapon that was with me was a hammer. A heavy battering weapon that I very much favored. Should we get into the thick of the battle, I could easily use it to mow down foes. My arms were crossed over my chest as I waited. The black and grey armor looked rather nice and fine. Detailed and intricate to a point. I felt nice. I liked the darker look even if I was a Jedi.

Standing there during the briefing. I looked around to all the assortment of Mandalorians here. All decked out in their mandalorian armor. Man I wanted my own so bad. But, I guess I would still have to work a little bit more for it. There was still some things I wanted to add. Likely after this mission, should I maybe get something out of this as working hard or whatever, I would be able to put that onto my armor. Considering I already had the metal. I had the crushgaunts, I knew what to do. I just needed to actually make it.

Looking to Ijaat as he asked for questions, I shook my head. There was no need for me to be a person to ask the questions. I was here for the main assault. Trying to prevent them from getting into the prision to baracade themselves in. Even if they did, I was surely able to break down doors and walls to get to them. Considering I did have a hammer, the force, and my brute strength, I could do it. The problem was, I had to do it to allow a tactical advantage to my vod, as well as myself.

Now, to think of what to do when down there.....

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

[member="Xander Carrick"]
[member="Serock Hoath"]
[member="Ijaat Akun"]
[member="Arrbi Betna"]

It felt good to be in space again. Manda knew she'd seen more than enough combat lately... and she hoped fervently that this excursion wouldn't turn into a combat mission. Well, she knew some was bound to happen, given the nature of it. Regardless, she knew she was ready. Well, as ready as she could ever be for such a thing. At least they weren't running full tilt up against a Sith and Vong horde. Small blessing, that.

She stood near Ijaat as he spoke, looking around at the other Mandalorians. Some she knew well. The Protectors among them. Others must be recent initiates, and she was glad to see them as well. Hopefully, this quest would be one for the history books. As he dpoke, she listened intently. Much of the general details she'd gotten back on Beskar'yaim. But here, he was sharing more. Her eyebrow arched as he mentioned Jaster's Legacy.

She'd heard tales of such things as a little girl. Whispers. Rumors. And yet, here he was saying that it actually existed. Shaking herself for a moment, she looked around at Xander and Serock. She'd worked with Xander before on Ord Canfre and Aeten II. Serock was relatively new to the Protectors, but he showed promise. She hoped her instincts weren't wrong. They had been before. And now, here they were, a mismatched assortment of vode to match their various armor. Manda only knew what they might find on the surface below.

"I have one question," she said firmly as she lifted her chin slightly to look him in the eye. Field Marshal she might be, but this was his project. "Where do you need me? I can be part of the scouting party, or I can fly overwatch and try and get us more detailed scan feeds."

When she had first arrived on Mandalore Ana had immersed herself in the culture of the Mandalorians. This involved not only learning the tenets but also the history behind them. Those that had become before her and the type of people, Mandalorians, they had been. Beyond personal memoirs of certain vode were the tales of war of old and how they got to where they were today. Ana may have been born or raised a Mandalorian but she knew the customs. Those items down there were just as special as they would be to one born on Mandalore.

She stood silently amongst her Vode as she listened to briefing of the situation at hand and what the plan going in was.
Ana was more than ready to go down there and help collect what was rightfully theirs after they took care of the little pest problem of course. The mission sounded simple enough but Ana knew that there were always hiccups along the way. She was sure that would be no issue considering the Vode that were gathered here today. The Rally Master was confident that they would be successfully on this trip.

Ana had no questions, she was ready to go down there and see what it is they may find. It was possible they would find a slew of relics. It was at the same time possible nothing would be found. She knew this from experience during her time exploring the galaxy looking for hidden gems. It had been something of an adventure that she was glad to get out of her system. She had a feeling this would be a little like that.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Verz Horak"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Seris Vant"] [member="Orin Valdor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

[member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Seris Vant"] [member="Orin Valdor"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Verz had docked his ship, the Nomad, in the hangar of the larger ship that would be transporting the group. The warrior had leaped at the opportunity to help secure Mandalorian artifacts and relics. They were part of his people's history, and he wished to see them back in Mandalorian hands. Maybe even score a few for himself. After all, Mandalorian artifacts were meant to be used in battle. To leave them in a museum or display case would be to disgrace the weapon's creator and its wielder.

"So, ner vode, let's get going! Those artifacts won't find themselves!"

Everything, everyone, and everywhere had a history of their past that can reflect the background and personality of any object. But that history was something to preserve and not to be lost due to its value that can't be replaceable at all. Many ask why history is important and relevant to their lives if it's just the study of what had happened in the past. It wasn't something that schools teach to their students that were, probably, not interested in the recordings of the past. No, it did had value for the mind of one. It taught people of events that couldn't be changed whether they were good or bad, fortunate or misfortune events. With the careful eye of one it had the potential to teach those in a philosophical way. One could prevent unfruitful events of history so it wouldn't repeat itself, and to make wondrous actions more effective and better for the present that could lead to prosperity in the future. But it also caused cultural groups and nations to be patriots to be proud of themselves whether there were good or bad sides of their people due to the courses of actions of their ancestors.

Those factors were amongst the ranks of the Mando'ade. They were proud to be warriors of Mandalore despite of their history. However, they weren't ignorants and did not denied the misfortune moments that were developed by those who were with the Manda such as the splinter group of Deathwatch, their siding with the Sith ages ago, and the havoc they caused during the Crusade which was understandable as war was the way of the Mandalorians. But there good moments of the Mandalorians as they repelled the Vong alongside with the New Republic, the True Mandalorians which was how this generation of Warriors were like. But those moments had historical people that were considered important to the Vode and role models to follow. Boba Fett, Jaster Mereel, Jango Fett, Kal Skirata, and many other Warriors. And as they were important figures of the Vode it was right to preserve whatever relics these honorable men and women left behind.

The Rally Master listened to the man in charge of this operation, Ijaat. Someone who he knew at one night in the Mad Strill and was part of the Protectors. He wasn't the only one he knew from the party. Anija Ordo who was the leader of the Protectors was also here with them. His ears picked up the words from the Supercommando and raised his eyebrows for a short moment when he heard those two words from Ijaat's mouth: Jaster's Legacy. This was something that needed to be surveyed now that is was disturbed by foreigners that was occupying it as a base. This was sacred grounds that were being trespassed and violated as unworthy and foul feet walked upon it, not knowing how important Jaster's Legacy is.

No questions were forming in the mind of the Rally Master, but one. "You think there's something else down there 'sides these aruetiise? Such location that was abandoned and left in ruins years ago had something of value. Something that had no value to anyone outsides of the vode, but priceless for the Mandalorians.

[member="Verz Horak"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Serock Hoath"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Gae'celic Alor, Master Beskarsmith
Mac stood towards the back of the group, while not a Protector, he was a Vod who cherished the long, somewhat splintered history of the Mando'ade. Relics of his people belonged with them, not others. Parts of beskar' am from several of his aliit who now strode the halls of the Manda sat in a display of honor in the Keldabe Kiss. A button in front of each pulled up a holodisplay of the owner with their deeds and past for all to remember. It had taken him and his cousins many years to gather the family heirlooms and history for a In Memorium display. One item, though wasn't encased, the golden plate in the center of his chest diamond. This was the only indicator of rank in his clan, and it was passed from Alor to Alor.

Mac spoke up when Ijaat asked for questions, "I'll scout or be on t'e recovery team. It doesn't matter to me, as long as t'ese items are returned to Mando'ade 'ands. 'opefully we can make it in and out undetected, but I am more t'an 'appy to lay a smack down on anyone w'o gets in our way..."

As Mac finished, Tetsu'ko rubbed her head against his left thigh and he dropped his hand to scratch behind her ears. Normally he left his Strill at home to watch over his place, this trip however, he knew deep down she would come in handy. Call it a gut feeling if you will, but it was as if the long dead owners spoke to him from the Manda to bring her along...

He stood near the back watching and listening to the vode interact. It was obvious that many knew one another. He shrugged his shoulders as he pulled out his shining knife and began picking at his nails.

Most who stood around wore their beskar'gam of varying colors. Muad Dib knew he stood out in his armor. Sith armor. All insignia and marking had been removed but the armor was still Sith in origin. He hasn't yet had personal armor created and he had spent so much time n the armor over his brown tunic and pants that it was like a second skin.

The scarlet hood of his leather jacket was over his head casting his features in shadow. And yet two glowing, blue orbs revealed where his eyes took in everything. Sheathing his knife he reached into his jacket and removed a death stick which he stick between his lips and snapped his fingers creating a spark that ignited the end. A deep inhale followed by a cloud of blue smoke.

"I'd like to be wherever the action will be made."

A small grin crossed his face.

[member="Serock Hoath"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Verz Horak"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] | [member="Muad Dib"]

Ijaat took the questions in soundly, and smiled for a moment as he considered each one, a crushgauntleted hand reaching up and scrubbbing at his scruff of a goatee for a moment, a few scant grey hairs in it now-a-days. Eyes of gold brown lidded heavily by fatigue stared out, and he nodded softly as his gaze fell first to Anija, perhaps the one he was closest to in this group. The one who had offered him a fresh slate for his crimes and bloody acts in the past. For that, she would always be one he trusted.

"Anija, we could use more in depth scanning and monitoring, and some air support may not go amiss. I know you are skilled behind the control stick of almost any craft, so stick to your strengths... If we need you groundside, stick close just in case. As far as something else, there are only rumors and my father's stories, but if they hold true, then it will be a nice little treasure trove. The Journeyman hid relics of the Mandalorian people when we were scurrying during the dark days of the Vong Invasion. My father always said the items weren't no powerful than any other, but the stories they held were worth protecting, so don't expect magic out of these things. Heck, they may even need some work to get suitable again. Verz, you have the lead on the scouting team, pick a vod or two and go in, but make it silent like... To that end..."

Ijaat motioned and a pair of crewman brought over a crate, which Ijaat bent over and picked up as they brought over more, sitting them down gently and easily.

"I was able to reconstitute a variant of the famed verpine sniper rifle from old reports, remnants of one, and some drawings of the internals by my father... Scouting team, feel free to take one for the mission, test it out, and report back to me on it. Initial R&D shows it is as good or better than the original... We call it the 'Jaing' model over at Gotal'veman. Lets get to our positions. For scouts, that means you need in a boarding craft or torpedo and I want boots on the ground and reports coming in soon. The rest of you, stick around, we'll discuss things."

Looking around as others asked their questions, I looked directly to [member="Anija Ordo"] as she asked about giving fire support from above. Last time she did that, it helped both myself and Akun back on Aeten II. You know, I never really thanked her for that. But I am sure she already knew that we were thankful. Seeing as how we were all vod. All brothers and sisters who would trust and stand up for one another to the very bitter end. I still needed my own Mandalorian armor to be made. And Akun had helped me with the crushgaunts. I was greatful of him for doing that. Knowing that the armor will save my life, I felt almost as though I owed him mine.

Once again, it was all for nothing. He might come to me some day needing help, and I would. Simply because we called each other brothers. We worked well together on the battle field. Even when he was chasing me in his giant suit across an entire space station, just because I asked if he was compensating for something with his huge amount of armor.

I smiled at that thought as he spoke to all of those who had questions. Including a former Mandalore. [member="Verz Horak"]. Much was said that a while after he became in the position, he fled and became a nomad. I couldn't say anything against the man though. Even from here he looked tough. Someone who had seen his numbers of battles against force users. Looking between those, I raised my hand,

"Verz, I wouldn't mind volunteering to join you."

I wanted to see this man in battle. I wanted to see how he worked. And even more importantly, I didn't want to look like I was slacking off by being pushed into an assignment. I came here voluntary. So I would volunteer my own neck should the man want it. And I hoped that my skills as a former Jedi Shadow might help.

[member="Ijaat Akun"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Mac O Shenanigans"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Anastasia Rade"], [member="Serock Hoath"],

[member="Serock Hoath"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Ijaat Akun"] | [member="Verz Horak"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] | [member="Muad Dib"]

It seemed as if he had been doing his research on what could possibly be down there. It was all speculation of course as it was hard to tell what was left in the ruins. It was fascinating to hear though and think that it was possible that all of these things had survived for all of these years. Ana was rather looking forward to going down there and doing some savaging for lost relics. She wasn't apart of the scout team which meant she got to stay up hear and discuss. She had a feeing that this discussion would have something in part to do with more of what could be down there and how they would go about collecting it.

Ana had read of these items in books but from what Ijaat said it seemed as if the legends had been passed down from generation to generation. The only thing Ana's father had given her was the memories of sitting in his office in her pretty pink dress wearing his hat. She had been three at the time and thought pink and black totally matched. Shortly after that he was killed but the memory of him was still there and the hat stowed away. It was the only thing she had wanted from her past life.

"For those of us staying here, I'm guessing we will be discussing collection of these relics and how to go about handling them. We wouldn't want them falling apart in our hands." Ana assumed that he had thought of all that. From what she knew of Ijaat he was always had his ducks in a row.

More information was given to the party of Mandalorians as Ijaat spoke to them in general about Jaster's Legacy. If it wasn't for the Redneck who asked his previous question to the Supercommando, then what the beskarsmith would probably not inform all of them of what this important location had. It didn't matter if they were stories or rumors of his father telling him that some Mandalorians had hid relics and artifacts here at the crash site they had their eyes watching over on. They were neither myth nor truth, but hopes were high as Vilaz was hoping they could come across something important to the Mando'ade. It was their duty to preserve their history and whatever articles belonged to named and famous Mandalorians that were long gone and dead.

It would be a privilege and an honor to find an item of the famous Boba Fett, or his father, Jango. Though, it didn't matter what relic he came across as it would be his duty to save whatever relic he could find and keep it hidden on his residence. And if Ijaat's father's father, and his other ancestors and relatives had passed down these stories down during the Vong had unveiled themselves to the Galaxy then there was sure to be a high chance for there to be some treasure in this ravine that Ijaat spoke of.

As the Supercommando continued his dialogue positions were to be taken and a blonde male had volunteered himself to go with Verz as the former Mand'alor was to lead the scouting party. A vod that the Rally Master never met before, but one that was taking initiative instead of waiting for orders. Something to be noted and to praise for in the ranks of the Mando'ade. “I'll go with Verz and the kid," Vilaz said as he volunteered himself as well. He wanted to see the skill set of this new warrior, and it was encouraged for Rally Masters to help the Initiates to be better in warfare. But there was more from the Supercommando as crated were brought to them and opened to reveal what goods they had.

The famous verpine sniper rifles that were even used by a Mandalorian named Kal Skirata. Known for helping Fett with the clones that became the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Vilaz walked towards the firearms and picked one up to observe the beauty of it. “Vod, what can't you make," the Rally Master asked to Ijaat while still viewing the sniper rifle from every angle. “How much, vod?" the Rally Master asked to Vilaz. Whatever good weapon his hands could get on he would pay immediately for it. He liked his guns, but wasn't addicted to them. A good weapon to catch his bounties easy in the his career as a Bounty Hunter.

[member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] [member="Verz Horak"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Serock Hoath"]

[member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Serock Hoath"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Verz listened as the Mandalorians' target was described. The warrior had enough experience to know that information could make or break a battle, even for the Mandalorians. Brute force only carried one so far. If the scum that now inhabited the former prison tried to keep them out, which was almost guaranteed, then their blood would stain the ground of the ancient structure. Then the Mandos would step over them and gather what they needed. It was that simple. But the information that Ijaat gave them would be invaluable. Now they knew what they would be killing.

Verz smiled as several of the group volunteered to go with him. It seemed that these newer Mandos had the spark that their predecessors did. It made him proud to see that this new generation of Mandalorians were just as ready to fight as his old comrades were. The warrior still missed his old squad, but for now, this would be his squad, and he would lead them to victory over these pirates or thugs or whoever they are.

"Well, I'm fine with scouting. If you want silence, then nothing is better than a big Mando in heavy beskar'gam." Verz said with a smirk. "Seriously though, my beskad will be put to good use today. "

Ijaat smiled at the question from Vilaz and ran his fingers through his coal black hair, hawk like eyes softening and for once a genuine smile reaching them that mirrored the one on his lips. There was a moment taken on the sterile hangar floor to laugh almost uproariously at the question and he gestured about the ship they stood on and shrugged helplessly.

"I'm rubbish with star ships. Totally garbage. And the guns are free to anyone on this deck... Take 'em. Use 'em. Report back to me on how they work so I can tweak them if need be. Just be warned, like the old shatterguns, they can even fire snow if need be. Or rocks. But their accuracy and their lethality will suffer. "

Turning, the supercommando walked over to a console and motioned for Verz to follow him, as well as Anija. They would need to see the maps and schematics he had, and they would be leading the initial push, so they, most of all, would need to know just who and what was down there, as far as he knew. The others he had wait with a simple military issue hand gesture, his armor clinking slightly as he pulled off the ionite laced crushgaunts and began typing speedily, keying up diagrams and maps on a holo projection table, layering them into a tactical schema.

[member="Serock Hoath"] | [member="Xander Carrick"] | [member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Verz Horak"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Mac O Shenanigans"] | [member="Muad Dib"]

[member="Serock Hoath"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Anastasia Rade"] [member="Verz Horak"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Mac O Shenanigans"]

Waiting for a few moments for the scouting team to move towards their ship, Anija then followed Verz and Ijaat towards the console. The prospect of finding relics of Mandalorian history left knots of excitement in her stomach. Flexing her fingers for a moment, she moved closer to the others.

"Ijaat, did you're father's notes mention anything about what types of booby traps we might encounter...?"

[[Sorry for a short post, couldn't think of much else at the moment]]

Solan pushed off from where he was standing and yawned internally. He had migrated once more in helping out those that he found the need to do so for. So he wasn't a clan's man, probably would never be such even if he did respect the Mandalorian culture. A Groupt that valued honor and strength that Solan could get behind if not even for the family aspect that put their people before anyone else. He looked around though now and saw warriors and people whos intelligence in areas he knew nothing about inviting. He could always go for crafting another story to tell is daughter. "Ill Join those three on the ground... never much for a secure the artifacts kind of guy anyways." He kicked off and started walking, his eyes finding the faces of [member="Verz Horak"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], and [member="Xander Carrick"]. He was going to have fun scouting out thsi place for the others later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom