Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Mandalorian Lore?

Be careful what you wish for.
I've been debating as to whether or not to create a Mandalorian (3 of my 4 characters on here are only part-time and "fill holes", thinking about another full timer)

My question is rather simple.

Other than the Fetts, Djarin, and Bo Katan... any real Lore out there? I mean, I know a bit about the Nightwatch, and the whole "this is the way" arc, but I want to do this "old school" and want to do some reading first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zephyr Krayt

Z
Yo yo
Mandalorians have a lot of lore on this site. The majority of Mandalorians are splintered into several factions. There's the Mandalorian Union Mandos and the Enclave Mandos and of course the Deathwatch Mandos and then the factionless Mandos. There are clans with their own lore. There are 2 versions of clan Vizsla for example, Clan Vizsla of Roon and Clan Vizsla of Condordia. Personally, I wrote the lore of Clan Krayt. There's lots of lore out there on the site as long as you know where you're looking.

Zephyr Krayt

Z
Fair enough. If you join the MU faction page then it lists the clans in the faction and some of them have their own lore and if not then their clan alors are pretty easy to reach to ask questions.

In any case, Vizsla lore is probably worth looking into, if that's what you're interested in.

Other than the Fetts, Djarin, and Bo Katan... any real Lore out there? I mean, I know a bit about the Nightwatch, and the whole "this is the way" arc, but I want to do this "old school" and want to do some reading first.

There is so much out there. I think it's part of why there's so many different Mando factions that have been on the board. They're sort of a main constant for most of the old Legends stuff. There's always Sith, there's always Jedi, and there's almost always Mandalorians of some sort. What sort of Mandalorian do you want to write? The religious-worship-of-war crusader? The lone gunslinger? The secular conquering empire? The reactionary guerillas trying to force a return to the old ways? The code-bound mercenary? Those are all pretty pertinent archetypes that exist within the broader Star Wars lore, and then Chaos has developed a lot of them even further.

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
I've been debating as to whether or not to create a Mandalorian (3 of my 4 characters on here are only part-time and "fill holes", thinking about another full timer)

My question is rather simple.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know how old school we're talking, because my initial craving was for Neo Crusaders (the boys in blue... And red, and maybe green) that came right after the Taungs, the original Mandalorians.

But I mention that because at the time, I knew nothing about the Mandalorians, like, I just found out Star Wars existed a few months ago. That's thanks to Riamah Riamah who suggested I watch the movies and stuff. I had no idea where I wanted Milla (Scar, but Scar is a false name) to go, or how I wanted her to develop. Something about Mandalorians really hit me hart, and it became very important to me. "When you're adopted by a Mandalorian Clan, their history becomes yours." Whether that is actual adoption, marriage, or becoming a Foundling. You're accepted as part of the family. It's a fresh start, and that's why I wanted Milla to become a Mandalorian.

In fact, it really invigorated ideas for me. I knew nothing about Mandalorians and their culture, but being accepted into a clan meant I could learn along with my character without any preconceptions or assumptions, and as I learn, I can develop the character through her experiences and her understanding of Mandalorian lore and culture.

I think becoming a Foundling of someone who could really help you learn along the way or even teach you is a great benefit in creating a Mandalorian. Not all Mandalorians are born, and moreso, it's a Code.

Big thanks to Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla for being willing to sponsor Milla into joining DWC, haha

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
I'm looking at the Neo-Crusader, mostly. Or someone honoring a code, yeah.

Just saw this. I chose Death Watch Crusade because they seem somewhere in the middle. They definitely harkon back to the original code of Mandalorians, where as the Mandalorian Union seems definitely more new school. The Mand'alor line of succession is a new concept in Mandalorian and relates to the Darksaber and the event on Chaos where the Sith broke it by putting someone else in charge and causing some splintering in the way of the Mandalorian code. I don't say this to bad mouth, this is what everyone has told me, nor do I say it negatively. Since the Neo Crusaders and the Taung, the impression is always and never less than a meritocracy. Sometimes a Mand'alor can be chosen through vote or the mantle is taken when there is none or a loss by someone who is agreeably worthy of the position, or someone challenges the Mand'alor and wins.

I'm sure DWC can be better explained by Rynn himself. But I got a better sense of staying true to the Old Code (without going on endlessly dumb crusades against all Dar'manda because they all be dar'manda) from DWC.

Zephyr Krayt

Z
Mandalorian Union Clan Roster (I don't know if you need to be a member of the faction to view it)
Clan Vizsla of Concordia (Deathwatch)
House Vizsla of Roon (CIS)
There are some of House Vizsla under the MU as well but they don't have different lore because they're from House Vizsla of Roon, just under the MU as Vizsla of Roon recently splintered from the MU.

The MU has a few subfactions (we're still working on these) like the Supercommandos (elite warriors... or something like that), Protectors (Special OPs kind of thing) and the Beskar Brotherhood (Force using division). Our current goals are to get Mandalore to its former glory so we're trying to purge it of Graug and regain beskar that has been taken from the Mandalorians.

There are other factions like Deathwatch and the Enclave (CIS) but I don't know much about these.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is so much out there. I think it's part of why there's so many different Mando factions that have been on the board. They're sort of a main constant for most of the old Legends stuff. There's always Sith, there's always Jedi, and there's almost always Mandalorians of some sort. What sort of Mandalorian do you want to write? The religious-worship-of-war crusader? The lone gunslinger? The secular conquering empire? The reactionary guerillas trying to force a return to the old ways? The code-bound mercenary? Those are all pretty pertinent archetypes that exist within the broader Star Wars lore, and then Chaos has developed a lot of them even further.

I've always thought of the Mandalorians as different tribal nations akin to the myriad number of Native American tribes. There can be core tenets and common ground while leaving enough wiggle room for creativity. I'm not into the EU/Legends alot but rather try to generalize and stick with established canon. All of the archetypes you name are great templates to build your own unique character. The Chaos continuity here also has a rich background and some very cool ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom