Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Mandalorian Hanger Complexes(x8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
049deae01b858e7d4c4b354a58cefd40.jpg
(The hanger complex is the front part, the surrounding area and building/vehicle in the back are not there IC)
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: Plane Portum 1 to 8
  • Classification: Hanger Complex
  • Affiliation: UCM, Clan Mortui and allied Clans, some Mandalorians affiliated if given IC and/or OOC affiliation status.
  • Population: Heavy
  • Demographics: Mandalorian, majority human, but some aliens mixed in
  • Accessibility: Easy to find, hard to supply fully as there are so many things going on there.
  • Description: The outside complex is mainly dedicated to getting supplies and having a launch pad. Along with that there is a rail that travels into the complex, said rail can be used to launch fighters in an instant to attack speeds. There is also a hanger entrance where multiple fighters can fly out of together. On the outside it's not much to look at. There is a control tower along with several buildings filled with the necessary tools to control so many fighters. There is also a shield generator topside that provides a personal shield for every complex. It's below ground that the magic really happens. Spreading for miles down and to the sides, there are hangers, barracks, and other necessary storage rooms for thousands of fighters.
POINTS OF INTEREST

Hangers- Each Plane Portum has several hangers that travel deep into the ground. They are designed to be able to handle any and every type of fighter craft imaginable, from small single craft ships, to large multi layered bombers. If it's classified as a fighter or a bomber, chances are that the hangers can fit, service, repair, and in some cases build it. Hangers are also the areas where the most activity is to be had, seeing as this is where anything of true note is. Engineers and technicians are readily found along with pilots tending to their crafts, performing regular maintenance, or prepping for their next flight. With the multi storied hangers, there are obviously many pilots, and thus many squadrons, with most being assigned separate areas. This causes some minor competition between groups, leading to each group fighting harder to win more.

Launchers- Each complex has one main launcher, these are used to launch fighters and bombers into attack speed instantly, negating most disadvantages regarding speed. The launchers can be retracted into the hangers and sealed over using large slab doors, though to deploy fighters the doors must be open fully. Each launcher is built to be able to launch any of the fighters or bombers housed in the hangers below. They are linked directly into the main complexes and can be used by connecting a fighter to it directly using smaller rails, or having a particularly skilled pilot land on the end and be launched into the air.

Rails- There are rail lines connecting each hanger together, allowing for easy and relatively quick access from one area to the next. Seeing as this is all underground, anyone above ground wouldn't know that a transfer of ships is even happening. There are 2 ways to and fro between each hanger, one going from the first to the second, and the second rail going the opposite direction. This allows for fighters and bombers to travel to and fro without stopping traffic completely. Not only this, there are routes for vehicle travel from one area to the next. Theoretically a ship could fly through these rail areas, but it'd be a tight fit that only very skilled pilots could successfully make, and if no other ships were passing through on rails.

SECURITY
Maximum
These bases are max security simply because of how many ships there are. Along with that, each complex is crewed by Mandalorians, so they can all act as security, aside from the actual security. The complex in and of itself is also a military one, as such there are security droids, starfighters, bombers, and every kind of fighter or light ship imaginable that can be located here to defend the place. There is also a shield generator that defends the entire complex.
Anti Air defenses are also in place, alongside mines around each complex and automatic turrets abounding.

These bases are loyal to Mandalore and her people and won't answer the call of anyone but those who have been pre-approved by Adenn Kyramud, the true Mand'alor, or a warmaster.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
After all the invasions towards the UCM, Adenn Kyramud and several others came together to form a new defense for Mandalore. While at the time, it seemed as if an invasion of their home planet was far off, they knew it would happen eventually. As such, 8 new bases were designed and created. These bases were meant to house a vast array of starfighters and small ships, regardless of how many. The complex is rather small on the surface, but underground is where the magic happens.

Spreading for miles underground and connected to one another through massive tunnels that can transport fighters from one hanger to another, these bases house thousands of ships each. Designed to launch fighters to attack speeds instantly while housing enough pilots to pilot most of the fighters, the complex has many underground housing complexes. Each complex is a separate, yet identical, military base. They could be considered one as they are all connected so readily, but most consider them separate as they are all individually numbered.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Hey there! Good sub, let's work on the following to make it a great sub :)

Military Base Name: [ Name of the Base. ]
I need you to enter the name of the base please :)

Affiliation: Mandalorians, UCM
Please hyperlink to the UCM's faction page.

After all the invasions towards the UCM, Adenn Kyramud and several others
Even though this is your character, I recommend hyperlinking to the character sheet.

Additionally, I would love to see the points of interest more fleshed out. There is a lot that you could say about the hangar, the rails, how people perceive them, when and how they were made, and the separation between what's outside and what's underground, etc. This idea itself is wonderfully creative, and I think working more on expanding the descriptions of what can be found there would boost the submission up a lot.

Also, I need clarification - these eight bases together make up the entire military base?

Once you've done the edits tag me please so I can review it again. If you need any assistance, tag me too :)

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Finally edited! Sorry for the delay, I fleshed out the areas, clarified your question in the very bottom of the post, but I'll add it here too.

Each complex is its own military base, but they are all connected through the underground rail network, along with communications and similar. I hope this helps :)

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Thank you very much for the edits! Just one last question before we can approve this - You've listed 'Mandalorians' as an affiliation. Do you mean by that, that any Mandalorian on the board can be considered affiliated with this? If so that's fine - just making sure.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Affiliation: UCM, Clan Mortui and allied Clans, some Mandalorians affiliated if given IC and/or OOC affiliation status.

I edited the affiliation, hope that clears things up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom