Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Mandalorian Aquatic Mining Vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
peacemaker_carrier_by_karanak-d3di0xi_zps5b68d42b.jpg

Credit
Intent: To construct a Space and Sea Worthy vessel for @Judah Dashiellhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/651-judah-dashiell/'s deeo sea mining operations and other similar endevours

Development Thread: (Not mandatory on creation, but helps give insight to a submission and shows effort. If not included, depending on the submission, a development thread might be asked for before final judgement)
Manufacturer: MandalMotors & Hydrospeare Corporation
Model: AMV
Affiliation: Any
Modularity: None
Production: Minor Production
Material: Vardium Steel{Hull}, Turadium Security Doors
Description: Part of MandalMotors' outreach program, the AM-TV is a space and sea worthy vessel designed for mining operations being undertaken by KRDS. Built from the blue tinted metal vardium, the hull is cool to the touch, though this is completely for aesthetics. The real marvel is within the the space submarine. Able to reach depths of up to 20 atmospheres, the ship is compartmentalized, separated by turadium blast doors in case of flooding.

Designed to be a sort of mobile mining base, it is equipped with ion cannons for defense and mining lasers as well as a large amount of space to hold several aquatic mining vessels as well as raw materials. Its powerful ion engine is capable of propelling it through water as well as space, however in the event of a breach in which water repairs and drainage must be done in order for the vessel to lift off again.

Classification: Transport Frigate
Role: Trasport
Height: 20 Meters
Width: 85 Meters
Length: 270 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 3
Minimum Crew: 56
Optimal Crew: 175
Armaments:
  • Modified Mining Laser (4)
  • Ion Cannon (2)
  • Turbo Laser Turret (2)
Hangar:
  • 3 Air Speeders
  • 5 Aquatic Mining Vehicles
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Holo-Net Reciever
  • Long Distance Communicator
  • Long Distance Distress Beacon{Inflatable}
  • Repulsor equipped Space and Sea Worthy Escape Pods
  • Life Support System
  • Deep Sea Life Support and Pressurization system
  • Advanced Sonar
Passenger Capacity: 56
Cargo Capacity: 10 Metric Tons
Consumables: 6 Weeks
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 6

Top Speed In Water: 90 Km/H Submerged

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Very interesting submission, some stuff needs clarification though.

• First, there doesn't seem to be a spot for the hyperdrive rating.
  • How exactly would a escape pod work underwater? Are they minisubs?
  • My research dictates that Ion Engines would work underwater, so could you make mention of that in the description?
  • What is the surface water speed of the craft?
  • When this ship takes on too much water it would sink just like any other, please make not of that.

I would like to be thorough with this since I can't find an example of a submersible spacecraft in canon.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
@[member="Krag"]
A little confused on some points and fixed others
  • Fixed Hyperdrive
  • Do you mean that ion engines do not work under water? Because saying they do in the description if they do is a little redundant. Just asking if you meant the opposite of what you typed
  • adding that taking on too much water will sink/crush it is he same as saying too much atmosphere loss in space will destrpy it. Self explanatory?
  • Fixed escape pods (made mention in description
  • examples of submersive ships, weapons: AT-AT plasma rifle TIE Fighter boat shark

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

I meant make note that the ship uses Ion Engines. This craft can both do space and underwater combat, a feature I have yet to see in canon. The examples you have provided are all solely aquatic craft. To that end, this may be a new standard in what a ship can be if the creator wants a space craft capable of underwater combat and such. I just don't want to see people having their ships damaged in the water but magically lifting them back into space through rainbows.

To appease my own mind, just make mention of the engine type and add something about taking on water and what effect it would have on taking off again. After that, I will call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom