Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandalore meets the Lord of the Dead

1a9259243b3b846c413d705e78e6b18d.jpg

Since The fall of the Ancient Eye Skorvek has turned Erebos into his own private fortress to continue his work but he needed the resources and protection of a worthy power, He tried the CIS for a time with the help of a man named Nemesis but there was a stability that they lacked that perhaps someone else can offer him. He walked around the empty open cavern not far from the sea of the dead he created, Stood before the giant gate that he had built into the mountain side, A gate that one day he may continue with what he has planned and it will serve as a entry way to the very hell he once came from he brushed his hand against the pillars as they contained a story about his life before his revival in ancient Anubian a memory he still held as if it was recent.

He sent out a invitation to the current Mandalore of the Mandalorian Empire named [member="Yasha Mantis"], He heard stories about her and how strong and brutal she and the Mandalorians can be perhaps they can offer the resources and help he is looking for. He altered the environment around him to conjure up chairs out of the ground and a small table as some of his thralls weak souls that he revived to simply act as simple servants gathered what they could to make the place hospitable for his guest if she accepts the invitation, He sat down as he held in his hand a glowing cyan skull as he dwelled on the knowledge the Legendary Skull of Mythos held as he waited patiently for the new arrival. He had his thralls stand ready to guide and service.

Erebos was a curious world and an even curiouser invitation to Mand’alor the Infernal. After her Hunters dug through the records they could get ahold of, [member="Skorvek"] ’s pedigree even further added to the mystery of this invitation.

Yasha couldn’t resist. Even close to eight months pregnant, the Mand’alor had to answer this summons for her own mind’s sake. The Thralls caused Yasha further pause, her Yalilyr settling in closer around her, [member="Ambrose Mantis"] at her side. He smelled death, as did she. Yet, Yasha, although Force Dead, smelled a deeper truth.

Undead.

What had she gotten into this time?

“Who calls for Mand’alor the Infernal, and entreats her with shades of the long dead?” Yasha’s voice was thick, alto and resounding. Clad in gold and black beskar’gam, buy’ce upon her head, she waited for Skorvek’s reply.

The Anubian placed down the skull on a pedestal before standing up to him he towered over her but he didn't let that give him a sense of superiority unlike some of his kin he gave a respectful bow to both [member="Ambrose Mantis"] and [member="Yasha Mantis"] he could sense Ambrose but from Yasha who was clad in a gold and black armor he felt only a small presence within her belly but nothing as if to the force she didn't exist...Interesting. When he spoke it was in a deep voice that echoed in the cavern but he kept a respectful and humble tone to her as he spoke. ''I am Skorvek...Ruler of Erebos, I trust my thralls have been inviting as possible it is the only populace that serves well around this world.." He motioned over to a chair offering her and Ambrose a seat as he waited for her to sit first.

A skull on a table, and doors befitting of the place where she spent the majority of her young life. It was odd for both [member="Ambrose Mantis"] and Yasha to be towered over, the two warriors substantially taller than most.

The Force Dead woman sauntered toward the chair, as Ambrose pulled it out for her. She eased into it with one arm on the chair, the other around her nearly completed pregnancy. If she had removed her helmet, [member="Skorvek"] would see a tired young woman, fading around the edges from lack of sleep. All the Anubian had was the tone of her voice, commanding yet laced with a feminine softness.

“They are adequate, Skorvek, although I have not seen thralls for some time. The last I saw were in the Garden of Thorns, although I doubt you would know the locale of which I speak. You are well met, Skorvek. What would you ask of Mand’alor?”

Behind Yasha, Ambrose remained standing, silent and foreboding in his black armour.

He took note of her condition and listened to her comment towards the thralls and his interest peaked a little when she mentioned that the last she saw those was in the Garden of thorns in the Netherworld, She must have gone there herself once...which would explain a few things and might even explain how the force is practically dead to her if she left something behind. He turned around for a moment and walked to the doors of the massive gate hands behind his back before he spoke in his deep foreboding tone with a small deep chuckle.

"On the Contrary I know the Netherworld all too well, I have spent 400 years wondering its Deserts before I was reborn, No doubt you have ventured forth into it for whatever reason I will not pry. But as too why I called you here is simple, The Ancient eye is no more and my world and work is open to the galaxy to plunder, However what I offer you is simple, I offer you not only my experience and service's and the resources my world can offer to use as you see fit within reason."

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

Yasha’s eyebrow rose as [member="Ambrose Mantis"] shifted in his state by her side. There was a brief moment of recognition in the sentient being’s eyes, a flicker which brushed across Yasha’s sensibilities to an inner cognizance.

Ah. Another one. Another person who knew the places of her former life’s horrors.

“I was thrown into the Netherworld as an infant, I and my mother. My first six years were bathed in the Blood Plains. I returned to the Netherworld at 13 to get answers for a resurrection. Your desert is known to me, Mama and I would venture to the Oasis, upon the desert’s borders. The sand felt good between my toes.” Another of the Netherworld. The thralls now came into clarity, beings who became useful to the living, despite being dead.

“I believe we can make use of your offer in my Empire, @Skorvek. How is it you came to offer this to me? We are not your direct neighbours.”

He nodded abit when he listened and heard her story of how she not only spent 6 years in the blood plains as a infant but returned several years later and her journey of how she visited the oasis on the border of the Desert, His mind went back abit to his time there he remembered seeing a small child and her mother or at least a glimpse of them but back then he probably saw them only as the inhabitants and paid them no heed. His mind returned to the present as she asked why he chose them as they are so far away, He turned to her before speaking.

Anubians are warriors despite our beliefs and how we act we seek out the worthy and either challenge them or join them, I have been searching for awhile for a place that was strong,powerful and held some sense of Honor. I have heard a great deal of things about the Mandalorians and yourself Mandalore and I knew that you and your people have earned my respect and my service.

He tried to make it sound respectful as possible even though it might sound like a jab at the empire itself.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

The Anubian spoke of war and battle-winning. Yasha stared at him, wondering if there was a reason her mind wanted to continue the act. Something about him. The ears, or the shoulders…

… Something.

“I see. Then if your loyalty is within my grasp, I shall know more of you, [member="Skorvek"] and I shall welcome you to my fold.”

He bowed before speaking again in his deep tone to her.

I would expect nothing less Mandalore, I shall answere what questions you may have to the best of my memories.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

"You looked as if you recognized something. What was it? How did you come to be in the Netherworld, and how did you come to be here?" Yasha asked, removing her helmet and appearing as she was, a young woman in the blossom of youth.

"How do you control the thralls? What resources does your planet contain, and what resources does your planet need? What sort of government do you have?"

[member="Skorvek"]

He looked down for a moment before looking back to her and responding.

When you spoke of the blood plains a memory resurfaced of my time walking the desert and seeing a young child at the edge covered in blood, I merely assumed back then that it was another inhabitant wandering the land I could still think that or it could be i caught a glimpse of you with another....that is a mystery that wont be solved for sometime. As for how i came to the Netherworld is simple...I was slain 400 years ago fighting for a belief i thought was right, How i came back here was simple...I asked another who wandered the netherworld that should he resurrect me I would show him a way to become greater then any sith or Jedi could dream of, Needless to say he kept his word but his own stupidity brought him to his end instead of what I promised him.

As for how I control the thralls is simple, There are many priests here who learn necromancy that channel there power to fuel these beasts as well as use of crystals i created that have the souls of enemies I have slain fueling there life among using sometimes my own power, As for the resources of Erebos our Exports range from Slaves ...which I can easily change if need be, Metals such as Durasteel and moisture farming technology and weapon production. As for what we require is simple....Corpses and any ore you wish to spare and send our way. As for our government it is a Feudal Theocratic Monarchy, Which means what I say goes and those who try to overthrow my decisions here are punished accordingly..

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“You were in the desert? By the Oasis… Mama wouldn’t let me play in the sand, she said I was too young to understand, but it was dangerous. I used to swim in the Oasis, while Mama looked at visions above the water.” Yasha smirked and shook her head, to think in this place to find someone she could have known… a dream in a nightmare…

Yasha rubbed her pregnant belly and sighed. [member="Skorvek"]

“We don’t deal in slaves. Ever… but the metals and moisture farming are welcome. We can… negotiate on the rest, with ease.”

He nodded pleasantly surprised that it was indeed her he witnessed during his time in the desert.

Slaves was a requirement the Ancient eye enforced.... a requirement i can easily do away with as for the corpses It doesn't matter if its agreed upon or not as they are a ...small benefit but The Forges of Erebos are open to you and your weaponsmith's to create what you wish infact Erebos is open and welcomes you and your brothers and sisters to use this place as you please...I only ask that as far as the Pyramid of Ascension and this cavern is concerned you ask me before coming down the priesthood is abit touchy on these matters.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“We do murder slavers in the Mandalorian Empire. All who come to us have the chance to become Mando’ade, and no Mando’ade can be enslaved. So yes, the slaves being done away with would ingratiate you to our positon.” Yasha watched the creature carefully, and nodded slowly.

“Our Gorane will delight in that offer. We can follow your instructions on the pyramid, and potentially set up a Mandalorian outpost in some of your more arid land areas. Yes, I can agree to this. Shall I call for my engineers and architects to come down and begin search for proper locations?”

[member="Skorvek"]

He merely nodded to her statement before answering.

You may begin when ever you wish, There is much in the desert or jungles to provide a proper location as long as one of my priests or myself are present for the building, Theyll will only observe and guide to prevent damage to the underground tunnels that span this planet and nothing more.
[member="Yasha Mantis"]

"Agreed. I would hate to have my Mandalorians inadvertently dig up something potentially foul, when all could be easily prevented. Your priests or yourself will have all the respect deserved, and we will follow your instructions on where is appropriate to set up our Outpost and Trade Centre." Taking a sip of water, Yasha looked to Ambrose and waited for the man to nod his assent.

"I will be sending Raiz Australis to lead this venture. I will also be petitioning you for one more thing... a... certain couple have come to Mandalore seeking a new life. A man and his bride. His bride is my oldest friend, one who helped in my rescue from the Netherworld as a child. I would hope it is no issue to let them know this could be a place to call home, them and other Mandalorian settlers, who may want to come round? I do not assume many would, but I trust a few hundred Mandalorian settlers will not halt your own unique location and progress, eh? It came to my attention you know of the man. Someone... whose actions in the Southern spaces have been seen as... a nemesis to some?"

[member="Skorvek"]

He cocked his head to the right a little when he heard Yasha explain the couple, He knew who it was the moment she spoke of the word Nemesis it has been sometime since he last had dealings with Nemesis.

I know who you speak...I have had dealings with him in the past and have helped him in a few of his endeavors he and his Bride are welcome to live here as long as they wish. As for the settlers I do not mind aslong as they respect our culture here but I trust that wont need to be a reminder to Mandalorians.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom