Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Mal'ary'rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valessia Brentioch

V
MAL'ARY'RUSH
nico-mack-300.jpg

Name: Mal’ary’rush

Image Source: Nico Mack // Artstation

Classification: Urban Center

Affiliation: First Order

Population: Urban Center

Demographics: 59% Noghri 31% Human 4% Falleen 6% Other.

Points of Interest:

• Honoghr Spaceport: The main passage in and out of the city, Honoghr Spaceport sticks out, as if clamped to the edge of the chasms, with speeders, taxis, and shuttles of varying sizes going in and out.

• The Great Arena: A grand coliseum-like arena where battles, performances and entertainment of varying forms take place. It is also the forum, where clans voice their opinions on important matters such as territory ownership, trade and traditions.

• Temple of Sorissi: Perhaps the most signature feature of the city, it stands so that the Noghri may worship the Goddess Sorissi. It is also the place of the Sorissi Sisterhood, a type of assassin school for the women of Mal’ary’rush to come and study the ancient arts.

• King of Kings: The palace sits behind the arena, having a direct skybridge for the royal family. It stands as a testament to the Noghri’s architectural accomplishments. Here the Great Chief and his clan live and preside over all of the Noghri on Yalara.

• Tomb of the Fallen: The heroes of Yalara, the fallen Noghri are buried here their bodies are preserved instead of burned through the ritual of firescale (which burns the body so that they may have their souls received in the afterlife).

• Gladiatorii Academia: Here warriors receive their basic training, and others go on to the advanced arts of gladiatorial combat.

Description: Built into the desert walls of a canyon that surrounds Mal’ary’rush, the city was crafted by Noghri hands into what it is today with tall structures, statues and other wonders that draw many architects, historians and artisans alike to the Noghri capital of Yalara. Surrounding the city are the sheer drops into the bottom of the world as it is said. There are plains to the west, called the Plains of Blood where many warriors have fallen and their blood now taints the field. In truth, these are simply millet fields that serve as the main source of grain for the city. Beyond the plains are the deserts of Yalara which surround much of the great city, Mal’ary’rush serves as a focal point for many of the surrounding Noghri villages which flock here for trade and worship.

History: Mal’ary’rush is an old city on Yalara, and home to the Noghri. An honorable warrior race with ancient ties to the Galactic Empire. It is said that Mal’ary’rush was founded sometime during the years of darkness when migrating Noghri found this great land and settled here. Back when the deserts, the plains and the canyons were as one. Between the great chasm one can see the ruins of what had been part of the city, now lay nothing more than forgotten history. Led always by the Grand Chief, the King of Kings as he is often called they evolved into a caste-type society heavily dominated by the patriarchs.

Still recalling their ties, they often fight with one another in the name of glory and honor, honing their skills so that when the time comes. They too can serve with great honor and distinction. When the First Order arrived, the Noghri knew that their ways and their technology would be no match for the Imperials and instead offered to host a set of games, games that proved folly as one of their own Princes sabotaged the event and took the crown for himself. The First Order cared not for the games and took to amusing the Noghri while establishing themselves as the rulers of the planet.

Intent: To flesh out First Order lore, and provide the First Order with more cities to RP in.

Links: [Dominion] Rise of the Imperials First Order Dominion of Yalara and Effekt

[member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Interesting choice for your submission (and I do like the image you've chosen).

As I recall, Mal'ayr'ush means 'Daughter of the Saviour' in Honoghran - is that the name you wish for your city? Sounds like an odd choice, if I'm honest, but the Noghri have their own ways, this is true. Little on the nose, though, since it was used to refer to Princess Leia (given that the Noghri once revered Darth Vader).

I also ought to note that Noghri are mostly matriarchal: each clan ruled by a 'Maitrakh', or Matriarch. The Dynasts were often (but not always) male, 'tis true, but I can't see the Noghri aligning behind a male-dominant political system, given their clan-based communal system that focuses on female leadership at the core.

The remainder of the submission is pretty solid, and I have no concerns there. Very solid submission. If you wouldn't mind clarifying my concerns, that's all I can ask. Thanks for the sub!

Valessia Brentioch

V
[member="Tirdarius"]

There has been nearly eight hundred years since Darth Vader, and while the tidbits of their service to the Empire may remain. They may not have retained the full breth of the information, rather it may not have survive the passage of time. Furthermore, after said eight hundred years including a plague that nearly wiped out most of the outer rim and of course the four hundred years of darkness and the netherworld event.

A society changes, a species even changes and adapts to what it needs in order to survive. Does this make it okay? Maybe, maybe not - further the Noghri on Yalara have been here for quite sometime and lean heavily on the patriarchal system as it is what they know. Even humans a largerly patriarchal society have spots where the cultures surround matriarchal hierarchies instead. So what is written in the Wookiee, while servicing as a good reference point - is for me just that.

It was named Mal'ary'rush as more of an inside easter egg, a fourth wall thing rather than something more meaningful and yes I wish to keep the name. It's been written in the dominion as such and I'd hate to have to go back and retcon such a thing. So while I see what you have written and acknowledge it, I certainly hope my explanation above poses no issues with the submission itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom