Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Making my first saber, need help

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
New to Chaos, trying to take a crack at making my first saber factory sub. Tried looking for subs for ideas, but I'm lost and have no idea where to start. Star Wars is something I'm much more casual about, so some assistance would be appreciated by the tech geeks of these parts.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Hmm well when it comes to crafting a saber there are some things to think about

Functionality, Style, Assembly and Crafting.

Matsu and by extension have jedi artisans who craft sabers so each of the unique ones we have made are more specific in style to the personality of the one they were made for. I'll post a few examples

Void: Blade of the Halcyon Family - designed for the force sensitive Halcyon bloodline it amplfies their tutaminis and absorbing capabilities.
Amaretsu: Blade of the Healer - designed for a jedi healer to amplify their abilities and function as either a saber or a lightwhip depending on setting.
Sanctum Slicesaber - Highly flexible slicewire with microsaber components.
Thessia: Blade of the Warmaster - A Warmasters blade able to alter itself to various style hilts and even blades.
Nightwish - A technical saber with blaster built in for a soldier
Ta-Ree Disciple Lightsaber - Highly technical in its crafting design for being able to switch styles and even functions. Made for Matsu's most elite jedi.

Those are some examples of various styles and functions... Sasori has streamlined some of the functionality a saber can get with its components. I can also help out in PM on the site or on discord if you want help.

Matsu gives a good overview. I think the first step is deciding what kind of lightsaber you want.

Is it like Cal Kestis? His is designed to be modular allowing you to switch between them but comes with some draw backs.

Do you like the medieval style of the crossguard? Or something more traditional etc.

From their I would ask if I want any special features and how do I achieve those. Using Cal's make it highly modular. Kylo's? Damaged crystal etc.

Finally, fun part of any stylistic choices.

Pyeth's lightsaber includes different parts and tokens given to him through his history. It's colour is two toned due to the flawed Kyber crystal and has a special material that helps with meditation (something he struggles with).

But there is nothing wrong with having simple features. Princess Leia's is fairly standard, but features golden highlights hailing back to her title on Alderaan.

But if you want to share your ideas here maybe we can give feedback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom