Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Major) Faction Research [Faction Leaders]

Hi, everybody!

I came up with something today, but I'd have to do some research before sharing the idea with people... :p If any faction leaders would be so kind to answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. What faction do you lead?
  2. What is the system of government of the faction?
  3. How does the government work ICly?
  4. How does the government work OOCly?
  5. What is the religious body of this faction, if there is one?
  6. What side of the Force does the religious body use?
  7. Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction (compared to the galactic standard)?
  8. Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction's religious body (compared to the galactic standard)?
  9. How much does the faction resemble a real-life state/country judging by elections, ministries, civil rights, economy, political rights, head of state, symbols, judicial stuff, etc? Please compare the faction to an average RL country.
I'm doing the research solely for OOC purposes and the information gathered from it won't be used ICly as metagaming. Of course answering to these questions isn't mandatory, because I don't have the power to make it mandatory, neither should answering be required. :D

Mostly these questions are to get more information about Major Factions to get to know them better from the political side, but help from Minor Factions' leaders would be welcome, too.

@[member="Cira"] | @[member="Verz Horak"] | @[member="Selena Halcyon"] | @[member="Domino"] | @[member="Feena Mason"] | @[member="Ashin Varanin"] | @[member="Amorella Mae"] | @[member="Ronin Fel"] | @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

(tagged major faction owners, not all leaders or anything, don't judge me :p)

Thank you!

1. Formerly the Mandalorians
2. Clan rule, headed by the Mand'alor during times of war and crisis
3.What the Mand'alor says, goes. Clans self govern other wise
4. Same as above.
5. No central religious body. But there is a central belief in the Manda (afterlife) that all Mandalorians who honor their heritage go when they perish in battle.
6. The Witches of Dathomir weave whatever spells and magics with the Force that they want.
7.Any species can become a Mandalorian. It is a culture, not a race.
8. Humans and aliens live in harmony with each other. All are equal, except cowards. There is no stigma associated with any sexual orientation, race, gender, species, etc.
9. There is no country that accurately parallels us. The only things that come close are the Native Americans and their Iroquois Nation, where the tribes united under a small group of leaders.

What faction do you lead?

• Lords of the Fringe/Fringe Confederation

What is the system of government of the faction?

• Confederation

How does the government work ICly?

• Much like the Republic, individual member worlds and groups of member worlds (Infinite Empire, Pacanth Reach, Atrisian space, Ssi-Ruuvi/P'w'eck space, etc) govern themselves. Most are democratic, some are traditional monarchies, a few are disorganized enough, or special enough in some circumstances, to require a governor named by the High Council. Elections fill seats in the Advisory Council and the High Council, but -- as with any democracy -- candidates generally come from a relatively small subset of the population. In this case, that subset is those who've defended the Fringe worlds from the most dangerous threats of the Unknown Regions, by whatever means necessary. IC decisions are handled by groups of High Council members as necessary.

How does the government work OCly?

• Fringe has more faction admins than any major factions, and all major decisions are by consensus or vote, often after polling faction members. All of those faction admins also comprise a significant fraction of the High Council.

What is the religious body of this faction?

• None. Fringe is a pluralistic society. At least two attempts have been made to formalize a Force organization, but both have foundered, as Fringe is highly heterogeneous.

What side of the Force does the religious body use?

• The Fringe is defined by its' members actions, most specifically their common purpose. Most Force-using Fringe members have Neutral, Rogue, or Dark Jedi tags, with a handful of Jedi and Sith tags.

Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction (compared to the galactic standard)?

• It may be the only pluralistic society on the board, it has more faction admins than anyone, and it's the only major faction that I'm aware of which does not have 1-2 IC leaders. The High Councilors are all equal, and there are nine of them.
  • In IC, one of our Dark Harvest rewards was to become known as a refuge for anyone and everyone -- refugees, fugitives, etc. That was also one of our founding principles, and we're known for our absolute lack of extradition agreements.

Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction's religious body (compared to the galactic standard)?

• Well, for starters, we don't have one.

How much does the faction resemble a real-life state/country judging by elections, ministries, civil rights, economy, political rights, head of state, symbols, judicial stuff, etc? Please compare the faction to an average RL country.

• Fringe has many parallels with America. It shrugs off collateral damage in pursuit of aggressive defense of its borders and foreign interests. Its rhetoric centers around pluralism and condemnation of those who seek to impose one way of doing things. It is a federal system with a bicameral legislature. However, its separation of powers is more akin to Canada or Britain, in the sense that both legislative and executive powers reside in the elected upper house (the High Council) -- there is no head of state.
  • It is, however, more decentralized than America or Canada, both of which are federal systems; Fringe is the looser version, a confederation. Also, the leaders of the military have a significant informal voice in foreign policy.
  • Judicial power is largely confined to the judicial systems of member worlds, apart from the military justice system, which has jurisdiction over military members only. At the highest levels, the Lords of the Fringe discipline their own by their own rules.
  • Fringe's economy relies on monopolizing knowledge of the thousands of complex, dangerous hyperroutes throughout the Unknown Regions, and on monopolizing trade throughout the Unknown Regions. Fringe-built starships (through the parastatal Iron Crown Productions) can be found all across that region. Additionally, Fringe space contains the galaxy's only kolcta supplier, a major bacta producer. Fringe has a portion of the Core Worlds, and links to a few trade routes.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
What faction do you lead?
The Levantine Sanctum, at least OOCly.

What is the system of government of the faction?
Democracy lead by FA's OOC, no huge central government IC.

How does the government work ICly?
The Levantine Sanctum isn't a true government, it's a collection of guardians and guarded. Most of the members of the Levantine Sanctum are guys trying to protect the smaller worlds from the continually encroaching interests of the other encroaching governments. The member worlds are free to govern themselves and interact with others as they see fit, provided they don't try to start any wars or cause any other huge trouble.

How does the government work OOCly?
Decisions on what sort of Faction threads, Dominions, and other business is handled through discussion in the Levantine Forum. When we want to do something we poke around at ideas, brainstorm a bit, and ultimately come to a consensus, with FA's serving as moderators and tie-breakers should the need arise.

What is the religious body of this faction, if there is one?
Members of the Levantine Sanctum are free to exhibit whatever opinion they choose(including religion) provided they don't limit the opinions and choices of others while doing so.

What side of the Force does the religious body use?
Due to the two biggest core values of the Levantine Sanctum, Freedom and Peace, the faction naturally gravitates towards a more lightside and neutral member base. However, theoretically a darksider would be allowed to join if s/he didn't cause any trouble, but such a situation is unlikely and would probably be met with a lot of scrutiny.

Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction (compared to the galactic standard)?
We are the only Major Faction not to have a larger centralized government, as well as the only one uninterested in galactic politics. Power on a galactic scale is unimportant, there is no desire to expand territory and declare wars, only to be able to sustain ourselves and live peacefully.

Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction's religious body (compared to the galactic standard)?
Religion isn't regulated by the state, whether officially or unofficially and whether it concerns the Force or doesn't concern the Force.

How much does the faction resemble a real-life state/country judging by elections, ministries, civil rights, economy, political rights, head of state, symbols, judicial stuff, etc? Please compare the faction to an average RL country.
Probably the hardest question, at least for us. There aren't a lot of real-world applications to what we're doing(as, truth be told, it's not extremely practical logistically speaking, but SW alters things to let it work a little), but I'll give a few examples.

• The "Anarchism Experiment of Spanish Civil War Barcelona" as @[member="Moira Skaldi"] put it for me(And a lot of this example goes to her. She pulled me a solid helping me brainstorm). High focus on freedom and personal liberties, theoretical minute government oversight. There's not an wide economic agenda, and hopefully it won't have a similar ending, but a lot of the core values are there.
  • Imagine the United States of America, except without a federal government. States have full control over everything they did but a volunteer force of wizards and other volunteers protected them, as a whole, from bad guys and big brother.
  • Medieval Feudalism, where the King was (Supposedly) The "Protector of the Realm". Except the 'king' took no taxes from his people and defended everybody with what he could and who would offer to join him. Individual Barons/Lords would be planets that chose how to run their own operations, but ultimately all of them were protected by the 'king'.

Ultimately there's not an extremely good example, nor a completely accurate one, but the gist is there and you can get a solid idea of what we're doing.

1. What faction do you lead?
    - The Republic
  2. What is the system of government of the faction?
  3. - A constitutional Republic.
  4. How does the government work ICly?
  5. - In theory it is something of a triumvirate. The Supreme Chancellor, the Grand Master, and the Supreme Commander being the three heads. Functionally the Grand Master is an adviser, as is the Supreme Commander. However, functionally the Supreme Commander is somewhat vacant. The Supreme Chancellor is in charge of the political wing of the government.
  6. How does the government work OOCly?
  7. - OOCly we function very freely. We do not micromanage our members or the faction at all. They are allowed to act freely, if they act foolishly then punishments will happen for IC actions but that's RPing. At this point in time I am the faction head, but really I let my admins (primarily Joshua Dragonsflame and Syn) do most of the heavy work. As I see it it is not my role to dictate everything the faction does. What I am here for is problems and to make things run smoothly.
  8. What is the religious body of this faction, if there is one?
  9. - Religion is not really big in SW honestly. I suppose Jedi beliefs are big for the Jedi side of things.
  10. What side of the Force does the religious body use?
  11. - The Lightside of course. We have a very low tolerance for darksiders.
  12. Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction (compared to the galactic standard)?
  13. - We are the galactic standard, that is what sets us apart.
  14. Is there anything special (weird, unique, futuristic, etc.) about the faction's religious body (compared to the galactic standard)?
  15. - We are the good guys by the very nature of what SW is. The rest of the galaxy likes to play at it, we are it :p
  16. How much does the faction resemble a real-life state/country judging by elections, ministries, civil rights, economy, political rights, head of state, symbols, judicial stuff, etc? Please compare the faction to an average RL country.
  17. - Honestly am unconcerned. Our primary concern is being modeled after SW's lore. If you can liken us to whatever you want then have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom