Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Major Faction Colonies/Colonial Settlements/ City States/ Cloud thingy

Ok here goes my 1st suggestion lol.

I think Major Factions should be able to have a cloud that doesnt touch their cloud and that doesnt have to be close to it. Like Colonialism or a Forward Operation base or a Fortress world ect.

My idea is, and please Tefka Tefka hear me out here lol.

The Faction in question does an OPEN THREAD or an event anyone can join and mess around in. Where they attempt to conquer or otherwise bring that Hex into their dominion.

Kinda what I'm doing in Atrisia right now.

However if successful they must have a Minor Faction dedicated to that Hex specifically and they will be responsible for its expansion which will be much harder and more extensive than regular Dominions. Each one should have the old school 100 post to count and they will work like any other regular dominion and follow every regular rule for invasions ect.

This will be super fun and since the event is CHAOS this month. What better way to do it than to experiment with this. I think it would be a blast and allow for roleplay between Factions to be much more dynamic and STAKES. OMG. STAKES AND SOMETHING TO WIN OR LOSE THAT WILL BE EPIC.

Also it gives Minor Factions something to do and achieve and prove themselves with a much more difficult task before they take on being a major faction solo.

LT-137 LT-137 What do you think Fam? Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex P Placeholder 0128 Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Adam Versili

Pros and Cons?​

No from the way it sounds if there is a world you want and a minor faction tied to it... you do a thread and you get that minor faction to be a subfaction of you. So more a way to snatch up other peoples work.

Hmmm maybe the Minor Faction thing can go. But still make it hard to actually expand the Colony as its farther and takes more resources.

Give a way for major factions to do it but still tie something in it that makes it challenging.

I would think that just making it a really-expensive dominion would be good, you don't have to include the whole "minor faction controls it" facet.

Although I think I would up the required amount of posts to 125/150, so that if a faction wants to nab a hex out of their cloud it would be almost the same effort as a full invasion. Another balance that could be implemented would be, just like historical colonies in the real world, these 'colonial' hexes could be more easily rebelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom