Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Major Faction" Category for Factions

Liliane

L
Categories_zpsgxcoohgt.png
It's me again. Sorry.

Every once in a while, I want to lure some Major Factions and see what they are doing and so on, but there is one small thing that bothers me and which can be a serious issue for new members who are still figuring things out (yes, I can sometimes see the forum from the perspective of a new member). That is the fact that there is no clear categorisation for Major Factions in the Faction Directory.

So. In the Faction Directory [image on the right] you can see several categories in which you can place a faction in, such as Light Side, Dark Side, Neutral and all the others, but no Major Factions one. What I noticed is that there is also an Inactive Factions category (which is not in use, but that's not the point I'm trying to make). You can't add it as your faction's category when you make a new faction, so I am guessing it's a category only Administrators can place a member group in.

That sparked an idea.

What if there were a Major Faction category similar to the Inactive Factions category so that only an Administrator can put a faction in it once it's approved to be Major? The Major Faction Application process is handled by Administrators anyway, so it wouldn't add much more workload to them.

It is kind of a question of if it could be done, as well as a suggestion if it is possible.

What are the benefits?
  • All Major Factions are now in an easily locatable place where one can find all other Major Factions as well.
    That makes the whole searching process a lot easier for a member who tries to find a Major Faction home page.

[*]It helps new members understand the concept of such Major Factions more easily.
[*]The separation of Major Factions from Minor Factions will benefit everybody, but especially new members so that they could easily see who is Major and who is not.
What are the drawbacks?
  • A few more clicks on the behalf of the Staff Team.
  • Possibly some stuff I don't know about (site memory usage or whatever else).
  • I am guessing it would take the faction off of the previous category it was in, but most of the time the Major Factions are extremely predictable as to what alignment they are (a Sith Empire is definitely not a Light Sided faction, right?)

Thank you for your attention,
Lilin Imperieuse // Erik

Yes, I did spend five minutes of my life trying to find The Zenithian Empire, only to realise that it's actually "The Zenithian Imperieum", but was shortened on the map. >.>

Addition to this suggestion, it'd be great if we had a more standard list format going down, which has the option of filtering via various metrics, such as Light / good, number of players, number of sub factions, etc.

No need to get super complicated with it. A look at the listing of factions will tell you how many members each has. I do heavily support separating into at least Major and Minor, in addition to what's already in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom