Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Maintenance day

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Objective: Find someone to fix his jumpsuit
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

Being a Jedi was always rewarding not only for yourself but for the people who you helped. Yet, at the end of the day, they never got paid. They made do with what they had, Silas's jumpsuits being of the few. He studied, trained, and battled in them, and sometimes the sturdy martial would tear and wear from the constant use. The downside was that most if not all Jedi were poor, money was never a thought for them as they strived to help the galaxy. The only pain was finding someone who knew how to fix this kind of stuff, you'd need to know the right people.

Luckily, Silas had just that in his network of padawans. Word was being spread of a new kid who was offering repairs for clothing. Those who had used her services say she isn't the most approachable, but she apparently did a good job nonetheless. On one of his free days, he made his way over to the room he was told and stood outside of the door with the jumpsuit in hand.

Silas knocked three times on the door and awaited for the girl to open up. He didn't really know what to expect...

There was a short wait before the door slid partially open. Thelma peeked her head out, green eyes peering up at the boy on the other side. She had seen him before in classes, recognized his face, and even knew his name, Silas. But they had never spoken before. Hell, she couldn’t recall a time where he had even looked at her.

What do you want?” she asked. Her voice had a slight nervous tremble to it. She wasn’t sure why he would come to her quarters by himself.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

It didn't take long for him to hear some shuffling behind the door, and with that a face to come with it. Silas looked to answer the nervous question without hesitation, but this time a strange feeling stopped him. His light blue eyes stared back at her green, examining the face of the girl a little longer than he wanted. His cheeks started to show a light red tinge just before he recomposed himself with a cough.

"Uh... I've come here to see if you could my jumpsuit. Some of the other padawans suggested to come to you" there weren't many times Silas had been lost for words, but this girl had done it within a few seconds.

If I could what?” Thelma asked, her brow furrowing in confusion. Silas was mumbling a bit, and his words came out jumbled.

"Some of the other padawans suggested to come to you."

Her gaze lowered to the bundle of cloth in his hands, failing to notice his blushing as her attention focused wholly on the worn-out garment. Oh. Oh.

It must’ve been Ciena’s fault, she must’ve told everyone about how Thelma patched up her robes on short notice just before the knighting ceremony. Thelma knew she shouldn’t have taken that job, no matter how easy it was. So easy, Ciena probably could’ve done it herself, if she bothered to learn how to use a needle and thread… But now Thelma was going to be known to the other students as the girl who sewed. Her quiet little room would become as busy as a shuttle terminal with people looking to have their robes and jumpsuits and armor repaired for free. Her solitude and isolation had been broken.

With her lips pressed tightly together, Thelma reached out to take the jumpsuit from him. Her other hand was already poised to slam the door in his face, allowing her to return to her private world—though it no longer felt particularly private anymore, now that she'd been found out.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

"Yea, there's just a large tear on the right sleeve that needs stitching up," he said, trying his best to go back into his usually serious tone of speaking. Silas was almost stumbling over his words, not because he was nervous, but from a different feeling entirely. It was strange because he couldn't remember ever seeing this girl before.

As she reached over, Silas didn't move an inch and instead wanted to know more about this mysterious girl. There was nothing wrong with being curious was there?

"Do you mind if I ask your name? just for future reference you know?" the teen asked with a smile on the corner of his lips "If we're going to work together one day, I'd rather you not be a stranger when we're out on the field" with most of the padawans he already met face to face, Silas already knew most of their names. The new girl was going to be no different, especially if there was something different about her in a good way.

"Silas, Silas Westgard is my name," He said politely with a slight bow to the girl

Last edited:
Thelma found the tear fairly quickly, examining it. “This won’t take more than a few minutes to fix,” she said.

He might as well just hang around until it was finished. Not that she really wanted him to hang around, especially in her room, but there was no point in sending him away when she could repair the sleeve that quickly.

A bit reluctantly, she pushed the door back open and turned her back on him, walking over to her sewing machine, which sat atop a desk near a window. The fact that she had left her door open served as an unspoken invitation, though she couldn’t bring herself to actually tell him he could come in. Maybe if she didn’t say it, he would stay outside in the hallway.

Thelma Goth,” she replied, sitting down at her desk and setting things up. “I know. I’ve seen you before, and I remember everybody’s names.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

"Oh, perfect" Silas said back to her as she left the door open for him to watch. He was unsure if he was allowed to walk into her personal space, but even if he did it wouldn't be for long. Hesitantly, he took a step into her room. Choosing to stay next to the door, he folded his arms and raised a slightly surprised brow at how she already knew his name "I'm surprised we've never really talked to each other before then, you must be in the same classes as me"

Curiously, the teen looked around her room and examined the setup she had. Thelma must have spent a lot of time in here with all this stuff, it was probably one of the reasons why he hadn't seen her for all this time.

"When did you start your training if you don't mind me asking?" he finally asked, resting his calm gaze on her "I doubt you have been here for very long If I have yet to really see you" There was something beautiful about Goth, from the fact she looked graceful or she liked fixing broken things.

For Silas, it was a matter of deciding which one.

The walls of Thelma’s room were covered in posters and other decorations. Colored lights hung from the ceiling, and there was a faint but clean smell, like fresh laundry or flowers in bloom. It was also a bit messy, although “organized chaos” might have been a better description. The floor was clear of debris, but every available surface above ground level was covered with bolts of fabric in various colors, sewing tools, electronics, and other strange objects.

"I'm surprised we've never really talked to each other before then, you must be in the same classes as me."

Thelma shrugged. “Some of them.” Outside her lair, she was a rather dull and drab figure, often blending into the background. She did this on purpose, wanting to be left alone. If she got too close to people, she’d be putting them in danger.

I don’t remember how old I was, so I must’ve been pretty young,” she replied, pinning the hole in his sleeve shut so that it would line up properly. “I didn’t start training with the NJO until recently. Before that, I was part of a much smaller Order that was wiped out by wars. The NJO took me in so that I could finish my training.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

Silas nodded in reflection and seemed to come to an understanding. If she was in some of his classes she must have been always at the back as he always liked to be near the front to hear the teacher's instructions clearly. Thelma seemed like a girl who liked to be independent instead of around other people, not that it bothered him and all it just sounded like she was more comfortable being alone.

"Right, so you've technically been with the Jedi most of your life..." he said softly, choosing to not go deeper just in case it brought up any bad memories for her. Sighing slightly, it was only right if he told her a piece of himself to make themselves even "The order found me after raiding a criminal drug ship close to Denon. I didn't have no family left, so they sent me here when I was 13 to start my training"

By this point Silas wasn't fazed by what happened in the past, he was focusing on the now and moving forward onto better things. So far, every last minute had been a blast.

"Sometimes you have to go through oblivion to get where you are. I wouldn't be who I am today without it..."

Thelma nodded along, only half-listening to what Silas was saying as she worked, when he uttered something that drew her attention. “You raided a criminal drug ship at age thirteen? And you weren’t even a Jedi then? Why did you do that?

She’d heard rumors that some of the other padawans had gotten in trouble for vigilantism. Word was they had been dressing up in costumes and masks in order to beat up criminals at night. Was Silas like them?

Turning in her chair, she studied him more closely. His dark blue eyes were saturnine. Perhaps he was someone who cared deeply about order and justice, and so the Jedi life appealed to him. Or maybe he had wanted the drugs for himself, already an addict at such a young age, and the Jedi had been his salvation.

She was so distracted staring at him, she accidentally poked herself with one of the pins. Grimacing, she stuck her pricked finger in her mouth and looked away.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

Silas smiled from the misunderstanding and slowly scratched the back of his head "Oh no, far from it. I was already on the ship itself when the order raided it. In a way, I was like a slave to their drug deals..." he said to her with a more straight face, knowing the deeper he went the more depressing it would be.

When she turned her chair their eyes met again, but this time Thelma held her gaze on him. Silas did the same, and for a few moments, their eyes were examining each other in peaceful silence. The only thing that stopped it was Goth stabbing herself with the sowing pin. His eyes blinked a few times before he moved closer to see if she was okay, his body language caring and concerned for the girl.

"You alright there Thelma?" he asked softly, not wanting to get too close to the girl just in case she didn't like it.

"I... I can have a look if you want me to?

Oh,” Thelma mumbled awkwardly. “Sorry.” She figured he’d rather not talk about it.

Why was she talking to him, anyway? He was just here to have his sleeve fixed. She didn’t talk to people.

Huh?” She blinked in confusion at his concern over her having pricked her finger. And why is he looking at me like that? It’s okay. I do this all the time.” She held up her hand. Her fingertips were scarred with puncture wounds from past needle accidents. It was a fairly regular, if annoying, occurrence.

If Silas had been the one who pricked his finger and drew blood, then they’d both be in trouble…

He had moved closer and was now hovering over her. Stiffening a bit, she ultimately just gave up and accepted that he was there.

Why, can you do Force healing?” she asked. There she went, talking to him again. Ugh. Well, at least it helped to pass the time…

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

Silas examined her fingertips and smiled from what she showed "Don't do it too much, else you won't have any left" he said light heartedly before moving away and refolding his arms to let her carry on with his clothes. He'd love to talk with the strange girl all day, but duty called and his master probably wouldn't be impressed with him talking to a girl over his own personal growth.

"Force healing? no... that's Amani Serys Amani Serys kind of field compared to mine. Although, I don't have to be an expert in medicine to suggest wearing some kind of gloves" The teen insisted, not wanting to hurt herself any further from unfortunate mistakes.

"I can't really say much considering I do rough sparing sessions without protective gear..."

Last edited:
Well, maybe the scar tissue will be too tough to poke through,” she said. Obviously she didn’t care how many times she got poked, she wasn’t going to stop sewing just because it hurt when her fingers slipped.

In response to his comment about gloves, she looked at him funny, then reached into her sewing kit and pulled out a thimble, holding it up for him to see. “That’s what this is for, but I usually just don’t bother.

She ran the sleeve through the sewing machine, stitching the hole she had pinned shut. Then she pulled out the pins which had held it in place. “There. Good as n—Oh crap.

Apparently he’d discombobulated her so much, she had forgotten to change the thread to match the color of the jumpsuit. The result was that the stitching was whatever color she had last used… which happened to be a very noticeable shade of pink.

I… I can redo it,” she stammered in embarrassment, already fumbling around for her thread cutters.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

"Your choice I guess, you know this more than I do" In the end, it was only a suggestion. It was Thelma's choice to decide what she wanted to do after all, not his. Noticing her funny reaction to the comment, he sighed quietly and examined what she showed him. Goth just seemed to do things her way, but if it still worked he couldn't really complain about her methods.

Looking down at the nicely stitched sleeve he seemed to notice the bright pink before she did. At first, he didn't seem to show any reaction at all. Although, after seeing Thelma looking embarrassed with the whole thing he couldn't help but move forward and put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her everything was alright
"Hey hey, that looks fine to me" he said with a warm smile down to the girl.

"There's no need to worry about a good job," the teen said, lightly squeezing Thelma's shoulder as he lifted the repaired sleeve to examine it further.

"It's been needing a bit more color anyway..."

Last edited:
Are you sure?” she asked. “But it’s pink.” Having found her thread cutters, she held them up as if to show them to him. They looked like a very tiny pair of scissors. “I really can redo it…

Did he find it funny? Was he making fun of her? No… His hand squeezed her shoulder reassuringly as he took the jumpsuit back from her. She slowly lowered the thread cutters back into her sewing kit, her cheeks still burning, though not as hotly anymore.

Okay,” she mumbled. “If you say so…

But now she wanted him out of her room. Her bare feet didn’t make a sound as she got up and scurried over to the door, holding it open for him.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

"I'm positive Thelma. I doubt a little bit of pink on my sleeve will cramp my style" he said with another smile and shrug, unbothered if anyone had a bad word to say about it. It was a fine job, either way, Silas had no complaints whatsoever with the end result.

Placing the clothing in his hands, he walked into the doorway and turned around with a thankful nod to the girl
"Thanks for helping me out... is there anything I need to owe you in payment?" he asked as his blue eyes locked on hers, his cheeks slowly but surely showing a light red color.

Nope,” she replied. “I do it for free, ‘cause I’m a Jedi and we’re not supposed to charge. I think…” She actually wasn’t entirely sure if that was the case, but she was just going to go with it.

Silas was looking at her funny again. She looked away, but could still feel his eyes upon her. “Your face keeps getting all red. Maybe you should go to the medbay, you might have a fever,” she said.

Then she hurriedly shut the door, leaving him standing alone in the hallway outside her room.

banenrwetgnikjow.png

Attire:
Clothing

div-orange.png

"I''m red?" he said with confusion in his expression before placing an embarrassed hand to his face. Had he really been doing that this entire time? oh stars, what in the galaxy had fallen over him?

"Hey I-" but before he could stumble out his words, she quickly shut the door in his face and left him in the corridor alone "Thank you..." he said shyly with a smile before beginning to walk away from the door. Thelma was different from everyone he had met so far, one way or another they were sure to meet again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom