Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Maerlyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
antonio-j-manzanedo-creature-manzanedo.jpg
antonio-j-manzanedo-high-sparrow-manzanedo-firma.jpg
ferret-kim-tamer1000.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Create a mysterious character for future rp.
Image Credit: Here, here, here.
Role: None.
Permissions: N/A
Links: Maelibus

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Force Sensitivity: Master.
Species: Maelibus.
Appearance: In his true form, Maerlyn is a grotesque creature in the eyes of the standard beauty for the rest of the galaxy. With his body covered by a dry pale skin, sharp teeth and huge claws. On his two favored forms, Maerlyn can appear as a old man with a white beard and dark deep eyes, or appear as a cocky young male with pale white hair and blue eyes.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

Birth Name: Unknown.
Given Name: Maerlyn
Alias: Ageless Stranger, Pale Demon, Wanderer, the Wizard, the Great Maerlyn, Wicked One, the Trickster, the White One, The Man with No Face.
Loyalties: Himself and The Force.
Wealth: High.
Notable Possessions: 1x songsteel staff, 1x HG-88 'Big Iron' Hand Cannon, 1x songsteel sword, 1x bowcaster.

Skills: He could be considered one of the greatest assets in the known galaxy. A living memory of the old world, Maerlyn has demonstrated his knowledge in herbalist, necromancy, magic, alchemy, smiting and craftsman.

Force Skills:

Beginner | Trained | Adept | Proficient | Expert
{ Knight }

{ }

FORM I: SHII-CHO
█ █ █ █

FORM II: MAKASHI
█ █ █ █ █

FORM III: SORESU
█ █ █ █

FORM IV: ATARU
█ █ █ █

FORM V: SHIEN
█ █ █ █

FORM VI: NIMAN
█ █ █ █

FORM VII: JUYO
█ █ █ █
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

FORCE POWERS

TUTAMINIS
█ █ █ █ █

CURE
█ █ █ █

FORCE CLOAK
█ █ █ █ █

FARSIGHT
█ █ █ █ █

ALTER IMAGE
█ █ █ █ █

TELEKINESIS
█ █ █ █

ANIMAL FRIENDSHIP
█ █ █ █ █

ART OF SMALL
█ █ █ █ █

Personality: Maerlyn is often described as quick to anger, and equally quick to laugh. His deep wisdom clearly derived from the patience he learned in his long years, but at the same time he can go on speaking by himself about things long forgotten or long lost, or speaking in dreamlike observations, often in verse, metaphors, and riddles. Due to its long life, it also spoke ancient languages and conversed in long forgotten conventions of speech. Both his patience and sense of pity were revealed again and again, extending even to the servants of "his" enemies. He doesn't believe in evil or good, but believes both of them to be aspects of the Living Force and both are needed.

WEAPON OF CHOICE/COMBAT FUNCTION: With melee weaponry, Maerlyn can be deadly with his staff, but he lacks skill and makes it up with patience. As for ranged weaponry, he work his way with a pistol, but prefers his bowcaster.

STRENGTHS:
MASTER: He is a master of many, if not all, the arcane arts of the galaxy. But he does not know about the newer things, created in the last thousand years around the galaxy. Maerlyn has knowledge forgotten and buried deep beneath history, he knows and can do a lot of good and evil if he chooses.
FORGEMASTER: He is renowned in tale and myth for having forged many weaponry and odd things. Some carrying great power, others simply being beautiful to behold or full with mystery, Maerlyn still carries this knowledge and can still forge if he chooses.
DEPENDENT: The Force is the only reason why Maerlyn is still alive. His connection runs too deep thanks to his practices of Morichro.

WEAKNESSES:
LIMITED: He doesn't know how to fight with a lightsaber, or even most melee weaponry.
OLD: Old age has taken it's toe with poor Maerlyn, both physically and mentally, he can appear a little crazy for others.
INDIFERENT: Maerlyn shows little interest for the galactic affairs or most recent history.
CAREFUL: Were he ever to be cut off his connection with the Force, Maerlyn would surely go insane, or die.
FRAGILE: Due to his very old age, his natural thick scales are all but gone, Maerlyn is very sensitive to being cut, shot, burned to death, frozen to death and has very little tolerance to sonic damage.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION:
He doesn't know how old he is for he has little memory of his first years. When thinking about it, he can remember ships so big that could fill the stars and his descriptions can fit the description of the old Cathedral Ships during the Pius Dea Crusades, but he also remembers a lot of things that may suggest he was taken captive by the Sith Empire as he recollects being trained in the dark arts. In his own memoirs, he has wrote that that the only thing he knows for sure is that he was taken against his will from his planet alongside others and due to a series of unfortunate events he ended up in a planet far away in the Mid Rim.

As soon as he came to this planet, he described the feeling of being free and he, and his kind, made their home on that planet. Soon, they found the elzeri and as he laid his eyes upon them, Maerlyn said that he became in loved with that species, for their perfection and grace touched his dark heart and made him dream about being with them, but as soon as they saw him, they fled. He took a long time to find out why until discovered that it was because of his appearance.

Decided to change that, he used his power to change his image until he took one that became easier for him to interact with those aliens, forsaking his own and keeping his lie. He was accepted by all others, he even got married with one that he dearly loved, until, despite all of his efforts, she passed away. Maerlyn, as he was now called became obsessed with prolonging life of other aliens, even trying to grasp his own immortality to pass down to others, failling it miserably as the centuries showed him. He locked himself away from the other elzeri, hiding on the top of the tallest mountain and choosing a sages life to continue his research.

He doesn't know why, but he is certain is due to some event regarding a dragon that made him famous centuries later. Soon, many adventurers started to climb his mountain in hopes of finding him, his treasures (like he had any) and his knowledge (which he didn't want to give). Maerlyn became enraged, he filled the mountain with traps, dangers, beasts and mist to protect himself, but even so, from time to time, one always reached him. Usually giving what they wanted in the form of a ironic prank, Maerlyn would grant 'wishes' to the ones that reached him on the shape of his gifts and false promises of power, many which made him laugh for decades. His very existence became about unveiling the mysteries of life and death, while still taking care of the elzeri and finding those worthy of his boons of wisdom and power to award them or destroy them. Until this day he seeks his fellow Maelibus that came with him.

Over time, Maerlyn forged many weapons and equips famous through many legends, he also build temples and statues on lost moons and weird place in the elzeri worlds. All of them carry his mark, a small carving of a old fashioned lamp.

Legend says he followed the elzeri in their long pilgrimess along the galaxy as they fled their planet. He is also said to be the reason why they discovered their planet once again. He is also said to sleep for many years in a death like sleep, almost like a hibernation trance, like the one caused by
Morichro.
His very name is surrounded by myths and legends.

Last edited:

Kairi Leidias

K
Hello again!

Alright, so I just have a few clarifications and suggestions to add in here! Bear with me cause I’m new at this yah?!

• You don’t seem too sure about the role, I assume you have nothing specific in line for it besides a pocket character for plots and so forth – It is safe to assume that “None” is correct.

• I am curious about the age. Ten thousand years is quite a long time – how did he survive countless plagues, wars, and other galactic scale events? I would suggest maybe cutting it down by a few thousand. I wanna say between two and three thousand would be acceptable.

• There is only one strength – does he have anything else notable that should be included? Remember: The template clearly states two strengths and two weaknesses.

Overall, a well thought out and fleshed out submission!

Please tag me when you feel you are ready and we will move this right through!

Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor

Kairi Leidias, I've done the rest.
But regarding the age: His species is considered immortal and he is a champ that lives by himself in peace and so rarely encounters others or meddle with things. The planet he was trapped got abandoned for a very long time and much like the species of Diathim and Maelibus, they are rarely seen and usually stay away from all that.
I wanted to make a character that was there since the beginning of my species before they were tossed into space and lost their homeworld for rping reasons.

Kairi Leidias

K
Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor

I understand, you can list it as Unknown to people, but it has to have an approximate age. Details for Codex submissions is king.

Please provide an age and tag me when you're done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom