Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Made Man

will you sink down to me?
acabbc07189253c83ecdc9ad8cc7e7ed.gif

R U M O R - C H A S I N G
Form: Humanoid
Wearing: ~ x ~
Toting: Kaminoan dartgun + saberdarts + electrotrident + generic sub-machine blaster

Damsy's fingertips danced across the prongs of her trident, collapsed shaft hanging upside down on her belt, as her other hand wiped condensation from her water glass. She wasn't made nervous by the prospect of recruiting complete strangers, but she was worried they'd miss their window to prove themselves if finding them took her much longer. It had started off extremely narrow and had only expedited with every moment they spent outside the flotilla. The barge fleet's resident Gamorrean slaver gang kept shoring up their defenses. Quite rude, if you asked her, but a bit considerate too.
She was hunting for new clan talent after all. A challenge made not only for a good pastime but an impeccable initiation rite.
House Verd was raring to return to, for starters, a shadow of its previous galactic prominence. From there, it would rise - Damsy, as Verd's Akaa'kalyr, would see to that as an eventuality rather than an un-tempered hope. Verd-Vi'dreya blood was voluminous, but even still would not fill the rank of a reestablished mandalorian army. And thus, the very first matter of business a sithspawn had to attend to now that she was freed from her arrest to Netra'yaim was to swim the galactic oceans and gather up a school of vicious pilot fish. On Kamino, those of that species always preceded the saberjowl, just as her Dreaguard would warn as to the coming of their Warmaster.
Damsy threw her head back to take a long drag of her saline beverage. She prolonged the time it took to set her glass back down on the table, taking the opportunity to scan the room for a mark. A few smugglers, pilots, and wayfarers populated the cantina, all of which looking either too tired, scraggly, or otherwise worse-for-wear to be Verd prospects. She wasn't disappointed yet, however, as she held fast to the coattail of a particular rumor she had chased here:
That a cathar mercenary had fought a Sith, allegedly won, and lived to tell the tale.
BcjYxQ.png

Last edited:
He's easy to spot. He was after all, the only cathar in the bar. Some could say the only cathar in the galaxy that isn't on the home planet, considering how rare of a sight they are. He didn't look ragged or worse for ware like the other mercs. The air about him was young, strong. That of a warrior in their prime. Though, the cathar mercenary did look somewhat tired. The source of it was very easy to distinguish. Talohn was sitting at the counter, trying very hard to enjoy his drink. The foil to his enjoyment being the blue furred child sitting on the counter, trying to make conversation. She's a cute kid, 6 years old or so, looks to be a halfbreed of a cathar and some...aquatic creature. Likely a calamari. Definitely an odd mix, but who's to judge?

Their argument is an odd one, they seem to be going back and forth about whether or not the ocean is a soup, and what qualifies as a soup, and the difference between soup and a stew, along with whether or not soups or stews qualify as drinks. It's a rabbit hole that just seems to get deeper and deeper. Talohn is obviously getting more and more exasperated, much to the child's amusement it seems. Standing guard beside them was the droid. If Damsy had looked into Talohn, she would know of this droid, for better or worse. Madlad has stricken fear into many hearts, and broken even more spines. It's an intimidating sight despite it only being of average height. The scary part comes in how flexible it is despite being covered in armor. It's reminiscent of things such as the commando droid, or an HK-47 unit in terms of form. Meant for stealth and flexibility. However that's not what the tales of Madlad describe. The droid's flexibility allows for it to make use of various martial arts, including kicks and grapples, along with fast enough mental processing to calculate the trajectory of a bolt and move accordingly the second the bolt is fired, making it a nightmare to fight in both ranged combat and hand to hand. From the looks of it's build, it very well could live up to the rumors.

Finally, there was Talohn himself. Due to most of the stories being about the horrifying things and borderline warcrimes that Talohn's droid has committed on people, tales of Talohn's skillset are downplayed, the extent of his talents are a mystery. However, it is said he's an excellent breacher. Heists, rescues, you name it. He is a master of getting into places where people aren't supposed to enter. However, that isn't today's question. The topic now is....Did he really fight a sith and win?

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

She could spot an uncomfortable man halfway across a super star destroyer's hangar bay. Leading a squad back during her Dauntless tenure instilled advanced body language reading skills into her. It wasn't useful to an officer to be attuned with her own squad, but with the rest of the legion's commando and marines.

And now it would serve her well as House Verd's Warmaster. That was, if its army ever grew to any substantial size.

Damsy rose from her seat and nudged one of its legs behind her, sliding the whole thing out from under the table. She left her water be and strode over to the bar. She put a hand on the child's shoulder, cleared her throat, and commented, having overheard part of their argument, "If you're not careful, cyar'ika, your soup will eat you." Mando'a vocabulary seemed a natural addendum to her Basic speech. More than that, with any luck it would be recognized as so and identify her as one of the clanswomen.

"It might have sharks in it," she added, coming in between the girl and Talohn, and looking at the former. Quickly after though, she turned to the latter and gave him a knowing glance. "Or sithspawn." She could have enunciated the entire word, underlining how she was sithspawn, but he didn't need to know that quite yet. Maybe later. Like the rumor shrouding him in mystery, Confederate whispers of the Siren of either Kamino or Krant did Damsy. They had something in common there at least, and if the tale of his was true, they'd have another.
BcjYxQ.png

Their debate resumes until Damsy makes her way over. The moment Damsy reaches to touch Monari, the child freezes, in complete and utter fear, shivering as the woman talks. After she finishes speaking, the droid reaches to remove Damsy's hand. The droid and Talohn speak at the same time, saying, "Please don't touch her suddenly like that." In unision. Talohn gestures for Madlad and Monari to head somewhere else in the bar, and gestures to the now vacant seat beside him.

Once Damsy sits down, Talohn takes a long drink of his wine bottle. "Sorry for the hostility there....she's...nervous to sudden touching," He momentarily looks back at the child while speaking. "Watching the slaughter of one's parents by sith can make one....nervous. Reasonably so. But back to business. You're a mandalorian, yea? Your lot aren't much for small talk in my experience, and no girl wants to flirt with a guy that has a kid with them. So that leaves one possibility...." he points at her. "You want me for some form of work, correct?" The way he speaks, he doesn't care what anyone thinks about what comes out of his mouth. He's obviously a man who quite enjoys the powerful air of freedom. "And you want me for some form of work...because you heard of my incident at the nexus." He knows because of how she mentioned sithspawn. "How I fought a sith....won...and lived to tell the tale." He chuckles, a wry grin appearing on his face. "Even though I would honestly say won is a strong word. So....what is it you want from me then?" The cathar raises a brow. Then his eyebrows raise a little. "Wait, fuck." He scoots back his chair a bit, hand going to the blaster on his hip. "Amalgam didn't hire you to kill me did she?"

Last edited:

Raising her brows, frowning slightly, and shrugging, Damsy apologized. Her tone as hallow as it was, it was impossible to tell the level of sincerity. "Didn't know she was yours," she added after sliding into the new bar seating. She waved down the barkeeper for a drink of her own, alcoholic this time, even as she listened to the cathar thinking aloud. At the end of his stream of consciousness, she huffed in admiration. "Perceptive, aruetii." That's what he was for now: an outsider. But that he did not need to stay - especially not if her chose to put in the work and fight at her side.

"What I want?" she repeated rhetorically. "To test the mettle. See, I'm in the business of talent—"

She couldn't finish before an accusation was thrown. She noticed he had just about armed himself but, unbothered, she turned towards the bar and downed her shot. "The only name that means anythin' to me is Verd." That was mostly true; she had forgotten those of just about all non-family members. "An' I ain't 'ere to kill you."
BcjYxQ.png

"She is indeed mine. Not by blood obviously...but." He looks back at the child, who has moved to another spot in the corner of the bar. "I...fended off the Amalgam, so to speak, and she, having had her parents slaughtered by that disgusting sith, has stuck to me like glue ever since. I...don't want to drop her off at an orphanage or anything like that. Making her leave me would only cause her a lot more harm." He sighs deeply. "But enough about that." He looks to her, now having calmed down. "So...because of what you've heard...you are considering me as a prospect for your clan?" He coughs. This mandalorian must thing he's some sorta warrior god that came out on top in the glory of battle. The tales were getting exaggerated, as all things do.

"You should uh, likely hear how things actually went down." He takes a deep breath. "I was out scavenging an old battlefield, or what I thought was one. Turns out, there was a sith there still wreaking havoc. It's....all kind of a blur really. Started firing my scattergun at her....That was like pissing in a hurricane. I dropped a flahs grenade and used the time to pick up a lightsaber from a nearby dead jedi." He proceeds to hold up the beaten old relic of a lightsaber, proof of the events that unfolded. "I dueled her for a bit, catharese warrior training encompasses viroblades. Lightsabers are different, certainly, but I was able to handle it. Then she threw me to the ground with force lightning." He shivers. "What was the most pain I'd ever been through, but I forced myself to stand up and run at her through the lightning...and I set off a pulse grenade, sent us flying apart. Used that opening to get back to the ship with the rest of my crew. I wouldn't have escaoed had it not been for Madlad though.....Amalgam used some sort of mental attack on me, sent me to the floor screaming....I can still imagine those terrible whispers in my head." He's got a faraway look in his eye just thinking about it. "Madlad got us out of there by threatening to suicide bomb the Amalgam with a void-7 seismic charge. The sith, valuing her life, thought it best to let us go, and we flew off." He then looks to her. "So.....defeat is a strong word in regards to that fight with the sith....but if you still want me for the clan, I am interested."

Damsy grunted at Talohn's retelling of his story, but it wasn't in disapproval. "Sometimes--" she began, still gazing down into her glass. She had made a similar comment to Typhan Berrezz Typhan Berrezz regarding the Rodian Incident back when she could still call him her executive officer. She shook the kiffar's memory from her head and then forced it upwards and over to look at the alien currently in her presence. "Sometimes," she began again, "surviving is harder than winning."

Oh, and she had piqued his interest. Good.

"Well, as much of a pleasure as it's been, I didn't come so far out of my way to scoop up prospects," she added, tossing some credits on the counter top before rising from her chair. It was just good luck that she stumbled into the same bar to clear her head that he did. The sithspawn saw nothing wrong with believing in coincidence as long as she didn't allow herself to become its complacent victim. "I'm hunting a Gamorrean slaver gang holed out in a nearby barge fleet. Looking more impenetrable by the minute. 'N' I'm the type of gal to shoot first, ask questions later." She offered a hand down to Talohn. "Roll with me, and I swear I'll answer all of them later."
BcjYxQ.png

"Surviving is indeed harder." The cathar agrees with a nod of his head. He and his small troop in the galaxy, that's all they were doing, surviving. The cathar takes a deep breath. She head indeed piqued his interest. Before, it would not have been so. But now? He had a child. Hvaing a family of sorts to back him could be very beneficial, to both him and little Monari, should he ever end up perishing. The cathar listens to her words as she stands up, and he chuckles. "Impenetrable. Thatt's a funny joke." He stands up as well. "I have a fleet breaching strategy that might apply here, we can take my ship." He grins, showing off those terrifying incisors that are in his mouth. "You don't need to ask me twice to hunt slavers." He offers his hand for her to shake. "It'll be a pleasure doing business with you."

Once his hand is shaken, the cathar looks to the other end of the bar, where Madlad and Monari are sitting. He calls out to them. "You two, prep the breacher!" The droid chuckles darkly, obviously excited to prep whatever horrifying machine they have in mind. The cathar then looks back to Damsy, and gestures to the door. "Ready to leave when you are, friend." If Talohn and Madlad are as insane as she's heard, this 'breacher' will make for quite the tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom