Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad, Baby, Mad!

Asaak, as of late, had noticed more and more new faces among the Temple. It was heartening to know that others were making the journey to join the Silver Order despite the rumors that floated through the Galaxy about them. She would not have had any idea at all of what others said were it not for Moroi, her…okay, she didn’t know what to call him…who told her what some of the Republic thought of their separation from the main group of Jedi in the Galaxy.

It was no matter. Asaak believed in her reasons for leaving, and believed in her Master Rasu. She only needed those two reasons to come.

But now she was waiting for one of those aforementioned new faces. She was early – she was trying to work on how hard it was for her to roll out of her bed – so she took to doing back tucks and walking on her hands, keeping her mind and body busy while she waited. The day on Voss was beautiful, the sun just over the horizon and the breeze whispering softly through the leaves. She knew that they would face a challenge no matter what they found within the ruins they were being sent to, but she was calm.

[member="Xander Carrick"]

Ruins were good to look through. They always held secrets for someone who happened to find them. And as myself, being a person who was kept in a Cryochamber for a time of over a good thousand years. I was a treasure myself. I had not found a lot on my Family's heritage since the Woman's voice on Couscant. But now, I was a Jedi Knight. A being that was to bring the Light to all, and a keeper of peace. Since I was young, I wanted the role of being a Jedi. Only I had thought my purpose was with the name of the Jedi order. No, Now I belonged to the Silver Jedi.

Much like the Jedi of old, they had no Egos that I saw in the Republic. Nor did they think lowly of their apprentices and simple men. here I knew that all were treated equally, and that was my purpose in life. To bring a sense of equality to everyone. Back in the present. I put on my Templar robes. Only I had slightly modified them to fit my role as a Jedi. Instead of the green cloak and other such, I replaced it with a yellow and blue trim. Allowing my Sentinel Role of the Jedi to be shown, as well as my Jedi Guardian nature. I was stuck between the two classes of Jedi. And as such, I was readily capable of both roles.

Fitting a Songsteel choker around my neck, I smiled as it clipped together. Pulling on the Templar dueling shield over my left arm, I activate it to make sure that it worked, only to shut it off. Being in a set of ruins anything was possible. Even if we were to go and fight I wanted to be ready for anything. I didn't want to be ready for the wrong things, and as a Knight taking a Padawan with me, I needed to represent.

I walked out from my room. Ready with all of my gear, and walked to where I could meet the Apprentice, [member="Asaak Tey"]. Meeting in a hangar bay in the Temple, We would use a pair of speeders to get to the Sith Temple on Voss. Being left alone for thousands of years, I expected that we may run into something there.

Looking I saw the woman with her natural blue and white head crest. Walking over to her, I offered her my hand, "Hello Miss Tey, I'm Xander Carrick and we will be going on this mission together, Do you have any questions for me before we leave?"

Asaak was a daydreamer. She was idealistic and clung to the idea of peace like a moth to the flame. She found a home among the Silver Jedi, and even more amazing she had found her path.

The Togruta lay within the Consular clan but her role was strongly as a mystic. She had a way with words and other beings, but her true interests lay not in diplomacy, but the mysteries of the Force. She carried a lightsaber as a form of protection for herself and others but her true strengths lay within that mysterious thing that drew them all together. She was not attached to the green blade that lay holstered at her hip - she had learned to feel comfortable without it, to use it only if she absolutely had to. She could sense, feel, and manipulate things all with the gift of the Force. She credited it to those very daydreams that always made her friends laugh kindly when she drifted in to her own mind – she saw it as a vessel of creativity, that she could get so lost in her own head that it was easy to imagine the Force doing things, easy to think up ways it might be used. If she wanted to lift something, she imagined the Force extending from her as hands and curling around the object in question.

The possibilities, as her Master had taught her, were endless.

She felt [member="Xander Carrick"] before she heard him, stopping her gymnastics to greet him. She extended her hand in return, the fingernails having just finished growing back after her torture at the hands of a pair of Sith, and shook. Her characteristic easy smile danced lightly on her lips, shaking her head when he asked if she had questions. “None that come immediately to mind Knight Carrick, but please, call me Asaak,” she offered, wanting a sense of ease between them if they were to embark on such a mission.

She looked behind her to make sure nothing important had tumbled out of the pockets of her clothing during her exercises. It seemed everything was in order and she moved back inside the hangar to select a speeder suited for her shorter stature – nothing more embarrassing than being unable to reach the pedals when working with someone for the first time!

I could feel the Togruta's soft hands as she shook mine. It showed me that she did not do so much with Lightsaber combat. as her hands would have been calloused should she be using physical excretion. But what I did notice was that she was preforming some form of a exercise to prepare herself for Physical movement. Yoga or something, I didn't know, but I did care. it showed that she was physically fit, as well as someone who took care of their body. I could not hide the smile that she was an avid force eccentric, capable of defending herself should the need arise. Apparent by the Lightsaber on her belt.

Her voice was smooth and easy to the ears, but the tone was that of accepting an order. Almost as though she were tense even with the practices that she had been interrupted by myself. Still, I nodded to her as she said that she had none at the moment. Also mentioning that she would rather be called, "Asaak" her first name, I took that as an ice breaker between us. The more informal that we were on this mission, the more likely that we would team up easily. As she walked towards the speeders in the bay, I followed her speaking.

"Yes, Will do and for you just call me Xander." I pointed to a simple speeder. As it happened to be a Silk-6 Swoop Bike. A publicly used speeder for just about any place imaginable. While there was an attachment for a blaster, They were not there as we would only be using them as a vehicle to get there. Not in battle. There was no need for one, as it would also teach students who used them that they can use other tactics without the use of a blaster. Still There was a second one sitting right next to it. And from the looks, we may be using those. While I stood only an inch under 6 foot, I could clearly fit into the speeder, but what was nice, is that it could fit smaller legged people such as Asaak.

"I believe that these will work for us. Unless you believe that there is a better form of transportation?" You see, I was mainly here to supervise. being a Knight, I had to go and get into the field with Apprentices should their masters not be around, and for myself to possibly get a few words in for my own trials to become a Master. Regardless, this was not MY mission, this was hers. I was here to help and to assist. however, should the need arise, I could lead.

[member="Asaak Tey"]

Just as [member="Xander Carrick"] was astute enough to notice Asaak’s soft mystic’s hands, she noticed that he had a grip, a firmness that denoted the prowess with a lightsaber she lacked. Although she had not been too anxious going in to the mission she now felt even better. It seemed the two would complement each other’s styles – he the Silver Sword, and she the Consular, the mystic sage.

Between offering his first name as acceptable and pointing out a bike that would accommodate her short stature, the Togruta was then completely at ease with the Knight. She was not a nervous sort of creature – on the contrary she was freakishly excitable, a bubbly and friendly sort – but first impressions mattered deeply to her. Climbing on the swoopbike, she grinned and shook her head. “I believe this is just perfect Xander,” she said, trying out his name on her tongue. “My options are rather limited,” she finished, pointing to her short legs with a little laugh.

She swiped her hand over the navigation screen. They had been given the approximate location of the Temple as observed by scouts who’d observed the land on their initial weeks on Voss. It had been important to learn not only of the geography and potential natural threats such as wildlife or dangerous land features, but also of ruins left behind in search of what might be within. Once she had entered the information in the nav system and double-checked with Xander to make sure he was ready to go, she blasted out in to the landscape, her lekku trailing behind her in the wind.

On the speeders the trip felt like it took no time, even with having to sort through all the sensory information barraging her through her montrals as they flew along. She parked the speeder in the treeline outside the Temple before hopping off and regrouping with Xander. She stood, letting her senses flow outwards in to the Temple, closing her eyes and sensing for anything immediately dangerous. Nothing but…she didn’t believe that for a second. Life may be deep within the Temple, shielded or simply too far for her to reach even with her significant prowess this early in her journey as a Jedi. She looked to the Silver Sword. “What are the odds there are traps all through that Temple?” She was sure he had more experience with such things.

Once I had spoke to her on a more informal level, she loosened up to me. Everyone else was all about being called Master and or their higher rank. Where I wanted to treat all others as equals. They, as much as anyone, wanted to be heard. Even if their lack of knowledge could be apparent, Wanted to have a voice to be heard. And as I myself had had to deal with being shut up because I was just a lowly apprentice. Only that all changed when word of my skills with the lightsaber rung through the Fel Imperium of my fight with three Sith at once. Even during that fight, I could still feel the burning of my left arm when the sonic blaster melted through my armor. I rubbed my left arm in that memory as Assak pointed to her legs laughing about how she was short.

I let the old memory drop from my mind and come back to the present time as a Knight. A Jedi Knight. I then laughed as I had also dealt with being small. I once had a Friend who stood over 3 meters tall, while I barely stood under two. He saw everything from a different perspective and he helped me understand that. Now that I was much taller than I was when I was 16 and emerging into the Galaxy as naive as a newborn, I had grown significantly. "Don't worry Assak, Sometimes it's good to be short. So don't think too poorly on it." I gave her a smile as she started to gear up for the ride. I entered the destination with ease. Knowing the numbers like the back of my hand. Walking over to Asaak as she entered hers, I confirmed that they were correct. And with that we were off.

Along the ride, I let her be in front. I wanted to see how she would handle the situation. Should she be forced to be alone on a mission like this, I wanted to correct any mistakes that might occur. Even one slight mishap could mean the death of the Togruta Female. And currently i was taking a small liking to her. Her bubbly attitude and almost child like attitude changed my view on some of the other Apprentices. Others I have met were very serious and strict. Trying to be along the normal code of Masters' words were law. However, I intended to change that.

As we came to a stop, we were only a few hundred meters from the temple. She was good. Thinking to scout out the area before entering. I made a quick note of that in my mind, and moved on as I could feel through the force that she was reaching out to feel what was happening. At that instant, my vision flashed to show blood dripping, followed by a beasts roar, and a lightsaber hilt falling to the ground. However the saber color was purple. My twin lightsaber colors were yellow for my Sentinel calling of the Jedi, and a White Flame saber resembling that of the Silver Jedi order. And I knew that Assak's was a green for her affinity for the force. My mind then came back to the present as she asked for the traps.

I stayed silent and nodded my head. Already knowing that others had come before us. Only to die at the hands, of some beast. There was more here than meets the eye. "Be prepared for anything Padawan Asaak, For we travel on unhallowed grounds."

I gripped my lightsaber hilt and held it firmly in my hand. For this we needed to be silent, and to pay attention should there be tripwires or traps. if there were leave pits, a speeder's weight would cause us to fall and die, but without them, we could easily move should one of them be activated. "Gear up, We may have a challenge before us."

[member="Asaak Tey"]

There was a time when Asaak had been more serious, much like her fellow Padawans. She considered it a product of the Order they had come from. Carn’s Order was one that demanded a special type of self-sacrifice. Humor was not appreciated and often not even tolerated. The protection of the innocent became less a passion and more a horrible duty. Asaak could not blame those apprentices who brought their habits along with them; it had been hard enough as a Knight or Master to wield a sense of humor in the Republic. It was nearly impossible as a Padawan. But it had served her well so far and Master Gan had encouraged it. It often brought a relaxed aire to any negotiations she participated in, and it was certainly doing her a service that day with [member="Xander Carrick"]. There was something about the man she liked - whether it was his seemingly humble nature, his ability to teach without preaching, or simply that he seemed like the kind of person she might call friend she was not sure. Perhaps a combination.

She sensed that as she was feeling out through the Temple he was feeling something of his own though she wasn’t sure what. He seemed to bolster himself and she did the same, nodding at his advice to ready herself. She carried little – something she needed to remedy, as it were – besides her saber and the clothes on her back. She had always thought about some light armor, nothing too bulky as much of her skill lay in the grace and agility of her natural Togruta heritage. She would hate to be weighed down. But it would be important to protect herself as well, especially if she had chosen to forego her saber as a primary defense.

The Temple felt huge when she pressed her senses outwards in to it, and part of her wondered if they shouldn’t bring the speeders with them. But another part – an instinct more than a concrete thought – was that the speeders were noisy and would alert anyone or anything that might be listening. She had been on a mission before to search through a Temple just as large AND underwater and she felt confident in her use of the Force to guide them. She set out with Xander, keeping step with him so neither entered before or after the other as the passage was large and could accommodate at least eight beings walking through it. She figured he would tell her if he thought it wiser to bring the speeders.

They were really only several hundred feet in to the passage, just leaving the light of outside world behind, when her instincts started screaming. She stopped short in her tracks, letting out a short noise of warning to her companion – a throwback to her time hunting on Shili with her clan. It was natural and she didn’t even realize she had warned him as if he were Togruta. She sensed outwards once more with the Force, probing along the passage only to realize what had peaked her senses. A low, almost inaudible buzzing pinged at her ears. It was mechanical, something that surprised her considering how ancient their surroundings appeared. It was then that she noticed small, almost imperceptible holes lining a section of wall ahead of them in a ring. Was someone using the Temple as a hide-out, retrofitting it with security?

She imagined the Force extending from her as hands, looping underneath a decent sized chunk of the filigree that had dislodged from the wall and lifting it in to the air. She threw it forward towards the buzzing and almost leaped backwards in shock when the boulder exploded, disappearing in a puff of dust for just a moment before it cleared to reveal the rock shorn neatly in half. Light smoke billowed from the holes in the walls and when she cautiously moved forward she heard the buzzing had subsided. “Laser pods,” she said, marveling and looking over her shoulder at the Knight. “They’re spent.”

Following the young woman up to the Temple, I could see that she was watching for something. I followed behind her with my lightsaber at the ready. Because sometimes a "Trap" could be just a simple animal or beast that was causing whatever was happening. She reared back with sudden surprise as though she were trying to warn someone. I could see it in her body form that she had felt something wrong. My gut was tied up and hurt, as well as my back shivered at the mere presence of the dark side. I had come in contact with it a few times. But, I could fight if off many times easier than most others could. Thanks to my training with the Imperial Knights.

However, when Assak stopped. I saw that she lifted up a piece of rubble. Throwing it down the hall, I watched as the rock was blown apart by the holes in the wall. Laser traps, and there had to be a way around it. Looking as she said they were spent, I shook my head, Stopping her from moving forward by grasping her arm. "No." I let go of her arm as I now had her attention. "When you first learn to use a gun, you learn that a gun is always loaded, even if it COULD be unloaded, It could also be the opposite. Here the same applies."

WIth a little bit of my own telekinesis powers, I lifted up a rock and threw it down the same hall. And as before, the rock was blown apart by the holes in the wall. Smoking even more than the last time. "Just because it is fired once, does not mean that it is not empty." looking to it. I entered into the overhang of the entrance. Not so close as to get into the path of the holes in the wall, but just so I could see what it was. I motioned for Assak to come forward. "Look at the holes. What is different about them that is their weakness." Walking over to the first hole, I pointed at it, Moving my hand to flash right in front of it. I allowed her to see.

When the shots were fired, it had to cool down, and a place for the shot to be fired. as so, The barrel would move back just slightly as though it were being pushed back into a reloading phase. And in an instant, My lightsaber flashed to stab at the hole. causing it to no longer work. I then moved out of the way to show what had happened. "A traps greatest strength, is also its greatest weakness. Learn about it first, then move on." I then pointed to the end of the hallway where a lever sticking out of the ground was, just infront of a set of closed doors.

"How many credits are you willing to bet that the lever down there, will shut all these off?" I smiled. letting her decide what to do now.

[member="Asaak Tey"]

She stopped in her tracks when she felt [member="Xander Carrick"]’s hand on her arm. She noted it as improvement that she didn’t slip right out of her skin – Asaak had grown up in the Underworld of Coruscant, a homeless little girl trying to make ends meet in a city that would rather have seen her dead than succeed. She had learned very quickly not to let anyone near her, to guard her space and keep an eye on any one around her at all times. When she had first come to the Jedi Academy she had automatically settled in to a frenzy of self-defense when Rasu had put a hand on her shoulder in reassurance.

Now…touch was comforting.

She listened intently as he explained. Weaponry was not something she was familiar with beyond spears or a bow and arrow, tools of her old clan on Shili. Blasters, cannons – anything that wasn’t her lightsaber or the Force were mysterious to her. She knew she should stay out of their way though, and she was glad for Xander’s tutelage.

When he indicated the lever she tilted her head, a habit that often made her look a bit reptilian. She went with instinct, raising her hand again and using a force push to trip the lever. An audible sound of winding down echoed through the hall. But cautiousness whirled through her, an echo of his hand on her arm. She lifted a rock large enough to trip the bolts and sent it flying down the length of the hall. None of the traps went off and she turned her head to look at him, a little smile on her face. The rock twirled in the air before she let it fall. “I understand – thank you. I’d be a crisp without you,” she said, ending it with a little laugh. Truly, she did appreciate every word of knowledge he shared.

Ah, brevity in the face of an adventure downwards. The smell of rot and ancient dust assaulted her senses as the air from deep within the crypt hit her, moving forward with Xander to face whatever else was in store for them.

Her words of praise was nothing to me. I had been given many words saying thank you for aiding me or thank you for fighting for us. They almost always blended together. however this time, they stuck. Blindingly I spoke, "No problems." Of all the words I could have said about it being fine, or making some snide comment all I said was no problems. I only shook my head as she walked forward.

I could smell the rotting of wood, flesh, and stone. I could feel the compressing forces as though the temple may fall and break apart form old age. However, I had the trust that the men and women who built this had done their job correctly to allow the temple to stand for a very long time. I kept the Metallic cylinder in my hand as we walked down the hall with what was apparent of Bones laying strewn across the ground. Apparently people had tried to get here before. However, they had lost their lives in the process. Turning to one, I noticed one of them was a Jedi. Reaching out with my left arm, I brushed it against Asaak's speaking. I pointed to the decaying body, still having skin covering its robe covered bones. I pointed to it. And to burn marks that were across the man's chest.

"Look at these burn marks. What do they look like to you?" I pointed to the one on his chest, and then to the cartorized skin that was once his left arm. making sure that she saw this. Marks of a Lightsaber duel had taken place here. That means that there had been someone that continued on, or the person was still here. Then upon further notice, I pointed to open wounds in the man's throat and right arm. "These marks here, what do they look like?" The difference between cuts were wither they were clean, or jagged. Clean cuts were caused from a sold sharp blade. While jagged cuts were caused by claws, teeth, or dull solid blades. I wanted her to see this to take into an account of what we may encounter.

So we could encounter what looked to be a possible Dark Jedi or sith that had a clawed pet, or the being had claws themselves. Even then, it could just be a duel that ended with the rodents here eating away at his dead skin.

[member="Asaak Tey"]

She caught the shake of his head after her thanks and tilted her own in question, a slightly reptilian look overcoming her features. It was a consequence of her species to sometimes misunderstand human behavior and she wondered if somehow she had gone wrong in showing her gratitude. She knew she was prone to trust too easily – the scar around her neck from when she had her throat slit by Sith was proof of that – but she had learned to trust her instincts and she felt a kinship with Xander.

Perhaps she was foolish. Let it be so! She was happy in kindness, that was fine.

The smell of stink and rot redirected her attention and she moved deeper in to the ancient ruins with Xander, moving to see what he pointed out. Gore did not bother her – it just made her sad. So unnecessary.

She looked closer, inspecting. There was a lot of old blood but that must have been from the more ragged wounds as the ones higher up were cauterized, sealed as quickly as it they been broken. She was not sure what was more unsettling: the fact that someone with a saber had come through and cut such devastation, or that something with such ragged, powerful claws had perhaps accompanied them.

She was about to speak, to answer his questions with confidence, when a voice filled her mind. Her eyes went wide. It was rasping, starving, thirsty –

We’re down in the center. We’d like to watch you dissolve.
Dissolve.
Dizzzzzzzzzzolve.

Asaak looked to [member="Xander Carrick"], focused on her gaze on him as the last syllable slithered away, dirty. “Please tell me you heard that,” she said, double-checking her gear before looking for a way to continue.

As if on cue, a stone wall shifted, revealing a cutaway passage that was as old as the rest of the Temple and part of its original construction…but far more well-used than the rest had been recently.

I nodded my head to her words as she asked if I could hear the hoarse calling from within the temple. I stood up from where I was. Looking around as the door to a different path opened. it was worn down by years of travel and the age of decay. However, it was hard to tell which. "Yes I did, and it looks as though someone was expecting us." indicating the open hall that was now in front of us. I looked to the dead body that was there, deciding that it would be best to do it now.

I walked back over and went through the man's pockets. looking for anything that could be of possible use. All I could find was a single coin, nowhere near the likes of a Credit chip, a rusted lightsaber, and a datapad that had been mummified by what looked to be the remains of a rag or satchel. I clipped the lightsaber to my belt on my back side, and handed the coin to Asaak, "We man need it later on, and if we get lost, you have something that could help you." I then turned back to the Datapad ignoring the hall for now.

I activated the switches on the side to see if it would work, and to my avail, it did not turn on. I also handed it to Asaak, "if you can find another way to -" But before my sentence was done, The same voice rang out.

We are in the center of your nightmares,
Come to us should you be brave,
But be warned for you may not leave.
I could almost hear the smiling and smirking in the voice as though i could see his face. It made my spine shake with an awkwardness that could only be created from the Dark side of the force. I then looked to the Jedi Mystic, "I believe that is a challenge for us to find him."

[member="Asaak Tey"]

Asaak flipped the coin over in her fingers once Xander handed it to her, studying the runes. It appeared just as ancient as the ruins and she recognized none of the runes from her extensive studies. It also didn’t strike her as reminiscent of any cultures she’d seen first-hand, though even for a well-traveled Jedi Padawan that wasn’t unheard of – their Galaxy was huge, and so much still unknown. Regardless, she nodded when he told her it might be helpful. That door couldn’t have opened on that dead body for no reason.

She watched him attempting to work with the datapad, glad that he chose to work his industriousness on it. She was good with technology but most of what she had learned had been through Moroi. She was sure he would have made headway with the battered thing, but at that point she was sure [member="Xander Carrick"] would have more luck than she would. She was just about to take the thing from him when the voice came again, walking like fingers up her spine with its insidiousness. She supposed that was the point and girded herself against the fear it would hope to instill.

A wry smile escaped the Togruta at her companion’s words. “It sounds like an offer we can’t refuse,” she said, closing her eyes and letting herself sense outwards in to the Temple once more. Besides her Master, she had Aika Kawakami to thank for her proficiency with her senses and once more they served her well. It seemed the center was not a metaphor: “There is a…darkness, down below us. Deep. I can’t see through it,” she was explaining, trying to push a little harder when –

A roar, distant but clear, sang through the temple. Just as she was about to look to Xander, about to say with a sinking horror that she’d heard such a sound before, the entire room sank. With a sharp jolt the entire surface beneath their feet dropped a good twenty feet down. Asaak thought that might be the end of it, just straightening her legs after dropping to maintain her gravity, when the entire room started to spin. She looked to make sure that Xander was alright only to have to grab on to whatever she could to keep her bearings. She couldn’t tell how long it lasted but when the spinning was over there were other hallways to choose from, doorways that had been made manifest once they’d dropped down.

She took a moment to orient herself only to have to listen to their host’s message once more.

The center is the way out.
But be warned, for you may not leave.

And with that pleasant admonition the sound of the roar came again – close this time, a rumble of dust as somewhere in the catacombs the beast made its move. “Terentatek…” she said, a touch of horror filling her. One had been a legend – seeing the dark creature in the flesh had nearly been the death of her and few Jedi escaped such an encounter. Two?

I shook my head as the Jedi flipped the coin around in her hand. I was half tempted to tell her to stop because it was annoying me, and you could lose it many times more than if it would be in say, a pocket. But despite this, Asaak used her powers in the force to feel where this center was. Maybe a person was there? or a beast? Either way, we had to prepare for it. Even with her searching, Asaak could not see through the darkness. That was not a good sign. It had covered up its tracks with the force, and that means we would be going in blind.

but as the walls changed and morphed into a different temple, we only had once choice now. Forwards. The voice spoke again followed by a roar. From which Asaak named as a Terentatek. I nodded my head, Remembering all to well of the encounter I once had with one on a mission while encountering a Sith Acolyte. "Good observation, but not a good thing to think about." Commenting on her prowess to identify a beast. "Keep your lightsaber at the ready. If something attacks, its going to be hand to hand combat."

I drew my hilt and kept it in my hand as I started to walk forwards. Seeing as how I was the Knight, with more experience than her, I would take the lead down the hall. It was also my duty to protect her if need be. I only wished that I had grabbed my armor instead of my robes. Walking down the hall, There was faint torch light from which we could see. and along the walls, were runes of the ancient sith language. I had seen them before, and could get the just of what they may be saying, but I could not translate them to the fullest. Activating my blade, I plunged the saber into the wall. Letting it burn into the wall where I made a single line down. Marking the hallway should we get lost.

"Mark the halls that we come to with your saber. Single line down for going forwards. If there is a fork in the temple, Mark in which tunnel we went in. I don't want us to lose where we are at in here."

I then turned off my blade and set to move forwards.

[member="Asaak Tey"]

She nodded, following after him after he gave his instruction on how to mark their progress. She was quiet, allowing him his headspace to think. Despite her naturally bubbly attitude she knew when to drop in to seriousness – though, the potential of facing a Terentatek was probably enough to make even the most socially inept being quiet down.

The first time she’d faced one of the beasts had been with Moroi and even with the advanced power of their Force Bond allowing them to coordinate tactics without even speaking it had been a battle both had almost died fighting. Their solution had been rather unorthodox – as was their friendship, fitting – and she had used the most powerful Force push she’d ever conjured to send the man rocketing towards the Terentatek, saber drawn, and watched him stab through its brain from within its mouth. No, not one of the smarter ideas they’d ever had but it worked and well.

However, she wasn’t foolish – this would be an entirely different fight, and no less dangerous.

They could have been walking for minutes or hours. Time seemed different down in those chambers and Asaak’s connection to the Force felt warped by something…something she was sure was “the center”. She was careful to mark their progress just as the Knight forging ahead of her had indicated; she wasn’t particularly fond of the idea of getting lost within the catacombs either.

She was about to speak up and say something had shifted when the smell hit her. It was like death, old and putrid with a hint of metallic disease. The end of the hallway they’d turned in to appeared to open in a much larger chamber. It wasn’t “the center”…but regardless, the beast’s huge bulk stomped by the opening, apparently not alert to their presence yet…

[member="Xander Carrick"]

Every so often I could hear the hum and the glow of a green lightsaber, indicating that Asaak was marking a point in the tunnel. I had a feeling that as this place had shifted once, it could do so again. I kept the look out for anything unusual such as scratch marks on the floor, or even on the walls. but the best that I could find was scratch marks from long gone animals. I allowed my force sensing ability to pan out and feel that around me. of course I could feel the Padawan behind me, but I let her slip from my mind as to not think she was something else.

As we both walked, we could hear the rumbling of something ahead of us. and I was not all too keen on figuring it out. As we continued, We came to an opening, And inside it was rather gloomy except for about the back half of the room. Circular and about 50 meters in diameter. it was a fairly large room. and oh did it stink. it was of one thing that I knew of all to well. Burning and rotting flesh.

Burning, probably from lightsaber or blaster bolt wounds, or even being lit on fire by torches apparent to one crisp skeleton on the side of the room. But what took the cake was the large beast standing in the center. Its upper body was cloaked in shadows as though it was purposely trying to hide it's face. But we both knew what it was.

I turned my head to face her placing my index finger over my lips. "They attack by smell and sound, I will draw it's back to you and I want you to try and attack it from the back. it' can't focus on two targets at once." I waited for a second for her confirmation and then started to walk towards the right. Slowly letting my worn leather boots to make no sounds. I made myself over a little ways, and looking back to the Padawan, I nodded my head to her, silently showing her to be ready.

I then slammed down on the floor with my foot, hard to make a echoing slap sound. Followed by the snap hiss of my gold lightsaber activating, and the comforting hum of a lightsaber blade. With a smile, my helmet activated as well, suddenly leafs of songsteel metal came out from the metal choker around my neck and sliding past each other to form a smooth dome on my head. The eyes of my helm flared to life in a yellow blast of light. Confirming that my HUD was on.

"Time to play."

[member="Asaak Tey"]

"Alright, that's impressive," she though as his armor came up to protect him. She'd been meaning to get some of her own, at least some form of protection. She hoped to live past that moment so that she might do just that.

She nodded when he explained his plan, readying herself for the charge as he moved out and ignited his lightsaber. The gold glow illuminated the room in his immediate area and she thought for a second he looked like the epitomy of a Jedi - calm, prepared, ready to face danger with a plan and a cool head. But apparently so did the Tarentatek as it turned to the sound of [member="Xander Carrick"]'s stomping and saber, hunger and interest in its beady eyes. Another meal so soon? It let out a roar that nearly deafened the Togruta, lumbering around to face the Jedi who had disturbed it.

Asaak was quick, willing the Force to hush her footsteps as she sprinted lightly towards the lumbering beast. She was far closer than anyone should ever be to such a beast when she leapt, saber only opening once she was in the air, her eyes on a slip of the armor of the beast she thought she could get her blade in. She was right - she landed on the beast's back, the green light of her saber disappearing in its flesh. The creature gave out a great roar and spun as if to swipe at something much larger than the small Togruta clinging to its back.

It DID manage to dislodge her however and she dropped by its feet, scrambling backwards and trying to get out of its reach.

Telekinesis was quickly becoming her strongest suit and, just to distract the beast, she lifted a few of the biggest rocks she could spot and sent them hurtling for it, using the distraction to get herself in a better position.

The girl was quick, and that was good. Able to move across the distance between them at nice speeds that I didn't have to move. However, when she attacked so did I. Coming in to duck under it's claws that swung at me, and then cut at the back of the knee. Hearing a rumble, I could feel something being lifted. Instanly I thought of something that could work.

I moved behind the beast in a blur of the force, and activated my second saber. letting the White blade hum echo in the room. Pointing to blades towards it's back, I watched as the beast fell backwards towards me because of the rocks thrown by Asaak. And I could feel the pressure being put on by me, but the beast was far to heavy to simply stop the fall with Telekinesis. No, I wanted him to fall. be killed by his own weight. And suddenly the beast stopped falling. with two sabers in it's back, almost hit deep, I smiled as a blue dome covered my body stopping the beast from crushing me. A Force Barrier.

The beast still continued to write in pain on the shield with the power of Teleknesis, I tried my best to pull it's arms back the best I could. Yelling out to the Jedi as well, "Hold arms back with Force, Stab in heart now!" It was short and to the point. and I needed it done quick, or the weight of the beast would wear my shield out and crush me. "Cut it's heart out!" With a saber cutting through it's skin, I was sure that she could get through, and the best way that I knew to kill it was to either separate the head from the body, or the heart. As the head was a smaller target, and moving as it was in pain, the heart was the best choice.

I could feel my power waning and slowly lessening my grip on his arms. With the last that I had, I pulled back with all that I had. "Do it now!"

[member="Asaak Tey"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom