Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lumen - Mk. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
6e6829234f601230bde349261782b9a5.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To create a light-weight personal armor made for Kana Truden to prevent minimal amounts of damage.
Development Thread: A Swift Blow to the Phrik
Manufacturer: Kana Truden (with help from [member="Camellia Swift"])
Model: Lumen - Mk. I
Affiliation: Kana Truden (Personal)
Modularity: You can always not wear a part.
Production: Unique
Material: Phrik
Classification: Protective Plates
Weight: 7kg
Quality: 4
Special Features: Mild Lightsaber Resistance, Mild Blaster Resistance, Protection from smaller blades

Description:

The idea was always simple. As much as a more covering armor could serve Kana well the idea of limiting the amount of coverage her ‘armor’ provided struck her as a fair trade-off to maintain some form of eased movement. The plates are thin and only cover as much as what would count as a bare minimum. Front and back has a thicker layer of protection to it while the leg pieces only cover the knees and front. The back and insides of her legs are left unarmored. The arm pieces cover the top of her arms and extends into a fingerless glove-like bracer but leaves the underside of her arms open for attack.

All in all the areas that are left unprotected is:

• Legs - Backside
  • Arms - Underside
  • Butt - Butt

It was built to be concealed underneath a robe or jumpsuit and can only withstand a few hits from a lightsaber as repeated abuse will see the plates breakdown rather rapidly. Blaster fire still hurts but enough thickness has been applied in the chestpiece to prevent any real damage to occur. The same principle still stands though and repeated hits would render even the chestpiece useless after a while.

It comes with no pockets or room for a ‘toolbelt’ or similar. The only way you could really stash an item away would be with the designated clip-on designed for holding lightsabers hilts in case the armor would come to be worn while not concealed.

Strengths:

• Concealable

• Mild resistance to blasters

• Mild resistance to sabers

• Ease of movement

Weaknesses:

• Not very durable

• Still rather unprotected

Primary Source: Unique… Hopefully.

NOTE: It's my first "big" submission. I have no idea what I am doing here.

Kana Truden said:
Quality: 2
I believe that this should probably be bumped up to at least 4 or 5, at an advisable minimum. Phrik is an extremely durable material, especially in regards to energy weaponry, and most armors at this weight are at least a good 6. I understand that you're using segregated plates rather than a full suit but the quality should still be there, with your noted weak spots as described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom