Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost in this city

There was definitely something there, some kind of twist of pain, of discomfort that wretched across her new friend’s face as the mention of his father. She knew, well everyone in the galaxy knew about Veiere, but it was something she’d never though about the impact it would have on the other people around him, on his family. Letting her hand curl around his the girl lifted her blue eyes to match Caedyn’s gaze, a smile pulling her lips up as she gave his hand a quick, firm shake. “You know, you forgot your most important title,” she pointed out as she let go of his hand, plucking up the sunglasses and settling them on Caedyn’s face, finger’s softly adjusting them into position before she slowly took a step back to appraise his look tilting her head to one side pensively before nodding. “Wearer of awesome glasses! The most important thing you’ll call yourself today,” she informed Caedyn, winking at him. Reaching out for her own sunglasses the girl settled them on her own face, the oversized frames filling up most of her face as the dark lenses covered her normally expressive eyes, covering the concern in them. “So, how do I look?” A bright grin lit up her face as she inclined her head at Caedyn, “You’ve got that right you know, it’d be boring if we were all the same. For better or worse we need that individuality and the different viewpoints it offers.” Even if two of those view points were crowded into one head, or dealing with those differeing points in one family left you feeling vulnerable. “To be fair, if you’ve figured that out then you’re doing a lot better than most people in the universe ever do,” the girl stated with finality bobbing her head up and down, the sunglasses sliding down her nose as she pressed a finger to them slipping the glasses back up her nose.

“I’ve never been to a royal party, or a party with Mandalorians to be fair,” she admitted as a flash of credits danced across the counter from her hand to the shopkeeper as she span around on one foot to face [member=”Caedyn Arenais”] her hair flaring out behind her like a pink cloak. “What’s it like? Any different from a normal party? I guess doing the party thing is pretty important if you’re a politician but then I’ve never had to run one before. I get to sit in the back, relaxing and having food fights.” She gave Caedyn an innocent smirk, “I mean we have to have fun right?”

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's enthusiasm for the new pair of shades that [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] placed upon him wasn't exactly as high flying as her own though her mood made him grin as he found her amusing all the same, certainly the kind of person that was uplifting and seemingly fun-loving. "Oh how could I have forgotten..." He replied mock-seriously, playing a dramatic exaggeration to her otherwise playful jest; "They kinda go with your hair" He soon added in response to her wanting to know how her pair of glasses suited her, "Looks good!" he said with a genuine grin.

Being in the City had been a good choice in how he had decided to spend the day after all; Chasin City was massive being the heart of the Commenor Systems Alliance and with so much time having spent away from his home-world, Caedyn had forgotten how much there was to do around here. Adding to the Cities appeal and distraction from his more serious of affairs in life however, Asaraa certainly knew how to brighten his day. She seemed rather bubbly and light hearted and it almost seemed difficult to picture her as a Jedi given that they often had to face such hard times and come under so much stress and conflict. At-least, that's what Caedyn imagined, comparing them to their reputation and his own experiences within the Je'daii who were different yet on some aspects of their agenda there were notable similarities; both wanting to do good in the Galaxy.

"I dunno...-Not all the parties are as fun as they might sound. It can get pretty boring sometimes as it's mostly old people talking about what's going on out there in the Galaxy. I get that it's important to know what's going on but they spend so much time being so serious sometimes I wonder if Mom forgets how to have fun" Caedyn shrugged, glancing back at Asaraa speaking honestly. Politics didn't really seem like his thing, nor did it seem to appeal to [member="Loreena Arenais"] whom had taken to the Mandalorian lifestyle. Something of an entirely different kind of politics. Most of the time they did their talking with their fists, or so the Galaxy's general opinion of their culture seemed to believe. Slowly but surely Caedyn was being more and more introduced to their people through his familial ties to the Mandalorian Empire, Clan Raxis and Australis specifically. That was another story however.

"I think you and I get the fun part of life though. Learning to use the Force and going places, exploring and seeing what other kinds of Force Users are out there and what they learned and can teach us...-I bet you've been to a lot of interesting places out there!" His face had brightened, his interest in exploration of the Galaxy being much higher on his agenda than wanting to mope about over his families recent hardships. Excitement and adventure after all was a fan favorite of most teenagers that he'd met.

A compliment was always a pleasant thing to hear, Caedyn’s words pulling a smile from the girl’s lips as she reached up to tuck a strand of loose hair behind her ear. “Well, excellent, I’d hate to be caught wearing something that didn’t look good.” The polarised lenses hid the sparkling of her eyes, although the bright grin that lit up her face was sign enough of her pleasure at [member="Caedyn Arenais"]’s words.

It hadn’t been the day she’d thought it would be, a quick excursion to the edge of the city left her getting lost again before stumbling over a knight in white armour in the form of the boy next to her. Not that she’d ever admit to needing his help like that of course but she couldn’t deny how grateful she was to have run across him in her ever-increasing worry. It was interesting that her first encounter with a Je’daii would be someone around her own age in the most random of circumstances, well to be honest it was an unusual way to meet anyone, not just a Je’daii, but that was the galaxy for you. You never knew who you’d meet, or how something would turn out, but that was the part of the joy of life. Asaraa had heard of the force guiding people before, of setting out your destiny for you before you were born, before you had a choice. It had never been a belief she’d ascribed to, she’d never felt drawn of the wings of a capricious fate. She liked to think that she made her own decisions, but it was a big galaxy and she didn’t imagine she knew everything, at least not yet.

As Caedyn started speaking Asaraa reached up with one finger, hooking it around the bridge of her sunglasses, pulling them down her nose as her blue eyes peered over the top of the glasses at him as she nodded sagely. “It’s the same with our masters, they all spend so much time focused on thinking about the right thing to do, talking about the goings on of the galaxy that they forget to relax to enjoy themselves. Still I mean it can’t all be boring right? Nothing else fun for you to spend your time doing there? It’s starting to sound like some of the council meetings back home.” Ever since she’d been promoted to a prefect she’d been allowed to attend council meetings and speak during them. Luckily the council didn’t meet all that often, and there was usually something interesting on their docket, but sitting still and attentive was hard for hours after hours. It was something that she might have to get used to in the future, but that was the future and not something she had to worry about just yet, today the sun was shining, the wind was blowing and she was in the city with a new friend.

“Haha, I wouldn’t say I’ve been to that many interesting places,” she admitted, her finger pushing up her sunglasses again against the bright light of the sun. “They do keep us busy bouncing around though, and Kashyyyk alone has so much to explore. From the beach and the cities to the shadowlands, you could probably spend your entire life just trying to explore the planet. What about you, sounds like you’ve been around a few places too.” Getting out and really exploring the galaxy was definitely something she was looking forward to, although judging by the enchusiastic grin on Caedyn’s face not as much as he was. “So," the girl took a few steps forward before twisting to look around at her friend. “Out of all the places you’ve heard of in the galaxy…which is the one place you’d really like to visit most."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom