Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost in Stardust

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png
Braze's expression shifted to one of contemplation as he listened to Jasper's words. The playful foxes, undeterred by Jasper's lack of interest, continued to frolic around his feet, their yips and chitters filling the air. Some of the more adventurous young ones even nibbled playfully at his boots.

"Replicate?" Braze echoed, his brow furrowing slightly as he turned his attention to Pyf, who had offered some insight. He glanced back at Jasper, studying his arm with a thoughtful frown.

"I'm not sure I could replicate them, even if I wanted to," Braze admitted. "These things... they just seem to happen on their own, don't they?" He posed the question, seeking confirmation or perhaps a deeper understanding.

Braze's gaze softened as he addressed Jasper again. "I just wanted to understand what it was like for you, what you learned from the challenges you faced. I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories," he said, his voice tinged with empathy.

"The Trial of Flesh must be one of the most difficult trials to endure,"
Braze continued, his tone gentle. "If you don't want to talk about it, I completely understand. It must have been an immensely tough experience for you." Braze was beginning to realize that delving into past trials and tribulations was a sensitive topic for many.

Braze emerged from the water, his gaze sweeping over the surrounding landscape. He paused for a moment, his eyes drawn to the distant sky dome, alive with vibrant colors and solar storms. The chaotic beauty of the display was mesmerizing, yet it carried an undercurrent of danger that was hard to ignore.

Turning his attention back to Jasper, Braze noted the Jedi Master's demeanor, sensing a certain unease. It seemed to Braze that Jasper might be struggling with being so far removed from his usual responsibilities, responsibilities that undoubtedly came with their own set of pressures and challenges.

"I think we've gathered enough for now," Braze suggested, glancing at their collection of goodies. "But I'm not quite sure how we'll manage to head back to camp without these little guys tagging along." He gestured towards the playful group of furry creatures that had taken a liking to Jasper, their antics showing no signs of slowing down.

Braze watched them for a moment, a small smile playing on his lips as he considered their options. "Maybe we can distract them with something, or find a way to 'gently encourage' them to stay here," he mused, his mind already working on potential solutions. "What do you think, Master Kai'el? Any ideas on how to handle our new furry friends?"

image.png

Senterra
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"I just wanted to understand what it was like for you, what you learned from the challenges you faced. I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories,"

"No, it's okay," Jasper sighed apologetically. "I'm okay talking about it... it's just a lot. Sorry, I'm not really used to sharing my experiences like that. The war... wasn't very kind."

He didn't want Braze to run off and get himself hurt. Jasper worried about that an unnatural amount, so much so that it occupied more of his mind than he'd ever admit. Still, it was reassuring to hear that Braze was looking to let his own journey occur naturally rather than take a few pages out of his book. He hoped that would be the case at the very least. With that their focus shifted to the fox creatures, which were now very clearly far too interested in them to leave him be. Jasper picked up a larger flat stone from the ground, drawing a piece of chalk from his pocket to write a rune on it's face...

Light.

"Here we go," the knight nodded contently. "This should do the trick."

Force spilled into the rune, illuminating it's surface. Then, with a good but slow enough throw for the foxes to see, Jasper threw the stone a short distance for them to chase. He sort of just assumed the laser pointer effect worked on all little mammalian critters.

"That should work I hope," he stated.

The small creatures, intrigued by the stone, darted after it with quick, nimble movements. They sniffed around it curiously before realizing it wasn't edible and quickly returned to Jasper, their persistence making them seem like incessant little pests.

Braze drew a heavy breath, releasing it slowly. He recognized Jasper's discomfort and decided not to press further on sensitive topics. Instead, he shifted his focus to the playful creatures around them. Scooping up a handful of berries, he mimicked the chittering sounds of the foxes, trying to capture their attention. His efforts paid off as their ears perked up, their curious eyes fixed on him.

With a swift motion, Braze scattered the berries into the brush. The fluffy fox-like creatures, initially hesitant, soon darted about in excitement. As soon as one of them took a bite, the others abandoned Jasper's boots, their attention now fully on the scattered treats.

Seizing the opportunity, Braze called out, "Run!" His voice was playful, filled with a mischievous energy. He darted off, leaving Jasper behind unless he was quick enough to follow.

image.png

Senterra
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

Jasper didn't wait. He was quick to snatch Pyf out of the air, running after his student.

"Hey!" Pyf reacted with a buzzing undertone. "Watch the orbs ya lug!"

"Sorry," Jasper laughed, "I'm just faster than you."

There wasn't much in the way of protesting that the droid could do. It was simply true. It didn't take long for Jasper to catch up to Braze, even without any force enhancement. He was rather fit after all. Running was common when you found yourself in all kinds of dangerous situations, and Jasper was no stranger to such.

"Man, I thought the rock thing would work," he shrugged. "Most weird little creatures love shiny things."

"They might be looking for food and attention, prioritizing their needs," Braze suggested, slowing to a walk after they had distanced themselves from the playful creatures. "They didn't seem too wild. Maybe someone lives nearby and they're used to human interaction?"

As they headed back to their campsite, Braze pondered the possibility of nearby inhabitants. The area, dotted with wildflowers and a clearing for their campfire, seemed tranquil yet held the potential for unseen dangers. "I'm relieved we only encountered those little guys. I've heard stories about massive beasts roaming these parts," he added, setting down their foraged supplies near the campfire circle.

The thought of encountering creatures the size of buildings was daunting, but for now, the peacefulness of their current surroundings offered a welcome respite from such concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom