Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost and Found

obj2.png

Objective: Search for the holocron
Tags: Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
div1.png

"How are you doing back there Cailen?"

Deep in the middle of the vast Trandosha jungle Silas and Cailen were making slow progress towards their target. Silas had been tasked to retrieve an ancient holocron that had been recently found by scouts. Even though he could have done this alone, he chose to bring along Cailen who would find some good experience in this journey. It also gave them a chance to hang out like the days again.

"Reminds me of the time we both got chased by those beasts during the training session with Valery. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to us again" the knight said with a teasing grin as he slashed a way through the jungle with his lightsaber. Once the pair of them had found a small clearing he raised a hand for them to stop and rest for a few moments. Silas knelt down and unhooked his canteen, lightly tossing it to Cailen to have a sip out of "You're doing well, we're almost to the cave now" he reassured the boy, his eyes constantly on the eye out for anything out of place.

"You think we'll be the only ones there?"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Trandosha
Holocron Hunt

GAPostBreaker.png

For the first time, Cailen felt he’d seen enough jungles. From New Cov to Dagobah, Selvaris to Ryloth, and now to Trandosha, jungles had a way of circling back around. At least this time, Cailen had his brother by his side. It made the heat, humidity, and hungry insects a bit more bearable.

Cailen took the canteen and swallowed a mouthful of water.

Not a chance!” he fired back with a grin. He hoped that nobody else had caught wind of the holocron they came to find, but naivety had been the cause of most of his recent strife lately.

There’ll be bounty hunters and jungle monsters. No, bounty hunters riding jungle monsters! And evil cultists!

His head rolled back with a laugh, but he cut off his rambling there. If he spoke too much about danger, he may just manifest it. Instead, he chose to focus on the one tangible thing on this expedition: the holocron.

What do you think’s on the holocron?” Cailen asked.

obj2.png

div1.png

A smile grew across his face while Cailen went wild with imagination, it reminded me of a younger self when he was full of life "Hey calm down bro, we don't want that to come true do we?" he said with a short chuckle before gently taking the canteen back and attaching it to his belt "I wouldn't be surprised if a bounty hunter has tracked us all this way though. Some people in the galaxy would do anything to see us dead" The knight teased with a nudge before getting up and lightly stretching his arms.

"Even so, we'll be able to handle them. I have your back and you have mine, as long as that remains who can honestly beat us?"

Silas regarded the Jedi as family, some more than most. For a while now he considered Cailen a pseudo little bro, mainly thanks to their earlier meetings when they were both being taught under Valery. Times had changed, but their bond still remained strong.

"My guess is the Holocron will more than likely have some kind of teaching on it. I'm unsure what that could be, but I'm curious if the both of us could learn from it" He explained, knowing it could be a fun project the two of them could do in their spare time "After all, Valery Noble Valery Noble can't teach you everything" Silas grinned, his head slowly shaking down to Cailen.

"Tell me, is Valery's teasing still as bad when I was her padawan?"

Last edited:

obj2.png

Trandosha
Holocron Hunt

GAPostBreaker.png

She doesn’t really tease me that much. Maybe you were just trouble,” he said with a wry smile.

There was a healthy banter between Cailen and his Master for sure, but nothing that felt too much like teasing. Valery Noble Valery Noble had been like a second mom to him since the day he met her on Prosperity. That was a sad day, though, and Cailen preferred not to dwell on it for too long. He turned his thoughts back to the holocron.

Maybe it teaches some kind of ancient Force ability. That would be super cool!

There really was no telling what they could learn. Holocrons stored anything from star charts and planetary data, to lightsaber forms and Force techniques. They wouldn’t know what was on it until they found it.

If they found it.

How sure are you that there’s a real holocron here anyway, Si?

obj2.png

div1.png

"Trouble? far from it" Silas grinned, his eyes calmly keeping an eye on their surroundings "The worst thing I ever did was when Valery caught me in a padawan fight club. We were halfway through a slugfest when Master Noble appeared out of nowhere and ended things right there and then. It wasn't her words that concerned me the most, it's her stare" The knight said with an embarrassing scratch of his head "Now that I'm older, I realise that was a childish decision to make"

Thankfully Silas wasn't much more of a pain for Valery other than that one instance. He thrived on being professional in his duty as a Jedi. After all, without them, he probably wouldn't be the person he is today.

"I hope for that too, but I'd also be cautious at the same time. We can't really be sure if it's real or not as the scouts never went into the cave, so we must trust our instincts and be prepared to face what's coming. I'm confident you can do that Cailen" Silas smiled and offered a hand down to the younger Jedi to get onto his feet.

"Come on, we better get to the cave before we run out of sunlight"

obj2.png

Trandosha
Holocron Hunt

GAPostBreaker.png

Cailen grinned, taking Silas’ hand. From his experience, caves were pretty daunting. He wasn’t fond of them, especially after Ilum, but he felt better knowing he wasn’t alone. Plus, he was older and wiser now. That made it easier for sure.

I had a hard time during the war,” Cailen said after a moment of thought. He hadn’t realized that he was a bit guilty about it until now.

It was hard to understand why the Jedi had to fight. Why bad things happen, even though we work so hard to keep everyone safe. I said things that I think hurt Master Noble, but I learned a lot about myself by saying them out loud.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom