Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Something Special

Objectives: Find the shop of one [member="Julian Imani"]​
Adorned In: Something Sneaky

There were specific items required for what Jenmae needed to do next... And unfortunately for her, transporting those items was something that could get one sent detained in a galactic prison if they weren't careful. She'd attempted to negotiate their procurement via the Hutt Cartel, but even some of their seasoned smugglers had balked at what she'd requested. Pity.

It was with that knowledge that she'd sought after information regarding how to garner the items herself - and that's where she'd heard of a quaint little shop on Empress Teta that would likely serve. She'd booked transport on a ship, and arrived planet-side late into the evening. She wasn't certain if the shop would be open, but with some luck, she'd be able to stop in before they shut their doors for the night. Stepping from the transport and onto the metal surface of the landing port, Jenmae shivered a touch and lifted her fingers to gingerly tug the large hood of her sweater further down over her face.

She pulled a small datapad from her pocket as she began to stroll into the city proper, confirming the path she should take before tucking it away once more and picking up her pace. The gentle evening breeze had the loose wisps of stark white hair that protruded from the bottom of the hood blowing gently, lifting and falling with each step she took. Her hands plunged into the pockets of her coat and the sharp click-clack of her heels along the streets was the only sound that announced her presence there. She did her best to be as unassuming as possible as she hurried to her destination.

Several turns down side streets led her to the shop of one [member="Julian Imani"], and she scrunched up her nose to find that the street it was on wasn't terribly well lit; seemed as though most of the businesses were closed for the evening. She lifted her gaze to the signs above the doors of each of the small shops, her pace slowing to an amble as she strode along the street, finding herself before the door to the shop she'd been seeking. She turned to face it and took a slow, deep breath... It would be terribly inconvenient if she needed to find lodgings for the evening - it had best be open.

She lifted one hand from her pocket and gently pressed it to the door, testing to see if it was open.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

A small bell chimed as the door gave way to her touch.

Voices could be overheard in the backroom behind the counter.

"Yah yah, I know ya not happy, friend. This be how it is tho." One of the voices came through. A bit muffled, but relaxed and nonchalant. There was silence in response. "Oh, dontcha sulk, it worked out naw? No, I dun' care about da. Ya see how much she changed? How much more if I didn't? No. I love 'er, that's da end of d-."

Suddenly oppressive muteness.

"A visitor, eh? I go."

A moment later Julian Imani stepped out of the backroom. He wore frayed clothes, the black dim. Rings around his fingers. Chest bare and a necklace around his neck. This was only an hour after [member="Tamara Wren"] had left to wage her war. Shadowman and him had argued about it the moment she left. For a moment Julian just studied her. The attire, wardrobe, then closed his eyes and sniffed in the air, before wrinkling his nose. "Ya be far from home, witch'a," A murmur of anticipation as he rounded the counter to approach her.

"My name be Julian Imani." And one of the things she'd note? No shadow clung to his heels. "How can I assist?"

Objective: Locate the shop of one [member="Julian Imani"]

She let a small smile play across her lips as the door swung inwards, pleasantly surprised that the shop was still open. The soft tinkling of the bell was a quiet announcement of her arrival, but she noted as she stepped in and allowed the door to swing closed behind her that the shop was devoid of a keep. She could hear the quiet, one-sided, chatter from the back room and decided to busy herself by inspecting the wares. She stepped quietly, the heels of her boots falling gently against the floor of the shop, still a pronounced sound in the small, quiet space - but nowhere near as cacophonous as they had been on her walk to this place.

The back of her cloak whispered soundlessly along the floor behind her as she did a slow circle of the shop, her eyes still buried in the deep hood of the cloak, though keen as they swept across the walls and shelves... It was promising to see that what she was seeking was not displayed. It would have been foolish to keep such things out for any curious eyes to spot. She came to rest before the modest counter at the rear of the shop, the warm glow of the room in the back spilling out along the floor, her eyes dipping to watch the light - noting there were no shadows there. Curious...

Her eyes snapped upwards as she heard the approaching man, however, her hands lifting to grip the edge of the hood as he stepped into the shop proper. With a gentle flick of her wrists, the hood fell back, her white hair tumbling free and spilling about her shoulders, most of it pooling in the hood at her back. She didn't offer a smile, or any reaction really, as he stepped around the counter and introduced himself.

"And I'm Jenmae Ophiro - a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure." Her voice was quiet and rich with a lilting accent. She turned her head a fraction and allowed her dark eyes to take in the shop once more. "I was hoping that you might be the right person to speak to... I require a unique item for a ritual. I've been told you might be just the man to provide it." Her eyes came back to settle on his face, a small smile now apparent on her lips, though not a hint of it reaching those dark eyes of hers.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

That spilling of hair might have been dramatic in a different scenario.

A statement.

Bold illusion of freedom in the moment.

Julian ruined it. The moment that happened he stepped closer to her. Head tilting as eyes went to her hair. Clicking with his tongue, leaning in. Way too close for comfort (for most anyway). "Da's be interesting hair, lady la." He murmured softly. The murmur went just as Jules started circling around her. Taking it in from all the corners. "Dun' find da often on the world of witch'a. Gotchurself an Echani papa, eh? Or ya bleach ya hair, cus ya hate it internally?"

Close enough rounding that his shoulder brushed hers, before he leaned his hip against the counter again.

Close enough that she could see the veins from throat up to his cheek. They were black. Like liquid obsidian ran through them, rather than blood.

Only then did Julian react to her suggestion. A lazy shrug, easy there. Like every word he took wasn't a breath washing over her. Like there wasn't just a single heartbeat between them. Jules didn't care about personal space. Never understood it in the first place. "I be da person. Right, true, fair to some. I can getcha whatcha need, sure, I do da."

Scratching his jaw.

Suddenly a slip of his shadow appeared in that gesture.

Before it seeped away into his skin again, leaving the counter.

"Matters is whatcha can give for it. Eh, cyattie? Whatcha got for me."

Objective: Get what she's come for​

Her expression remained neutral and almost pleasant as the men stepped forward, her eyes not bothering to follow him as she began to circle her. She could feel his presence as easily as she could feel a heat moving in that close circle, especially at her back. She remained still and politely allowed him his musings, her eyes only returning to him once he came to rest on his counter once more, those dark liquid depths focusing solely on him before she spoke. "I'm not sure what my father has to do with anything, but I'm no Echani." Despite her cool demeanor and appearance suggesting to the contrary.

She moved her right hand to the pocket of her coat, sinking it deep into the fabric and pulling out the datapad she'd used earlier. She bowed her head as she held it gingerly in both hands, her thumbs moving across the surface as she searched for something, her voice keeping that same calm and cool tone. "It's good to hear that you've got what I'm looking for - though how you could know before I've asked is quite... Something." She stopped her search as a list of items blazed up at her from the small screen. She took her index finger and carefully dragged one strangely pointed nail along it, taking inventory. Her face lifted as she met his eyes once more, both eyes flicking down instantly to the small movement of shadow along his jawline. There was a small crinkling of the skin at the edges of her eyes as she noted it, but returned her eyes to his none the less.

"What I have - Julian, was it? - is a good deal of credits for the item I'm looking for and then a good deal more for your discretion should you be able to provide it." She tipped the screen back into her pocket as her hands returned to rest at her sides, nothing about her betraying the small sense of urgency that she felt. She suspected that the man before her was used to negotiating, and should she let on how greatly she required this item, there would be a much higher price on what she needed.

"Unless of course, you wish to trade something for it?" Her head tilted a fraction to the left as she said it, a ghost of curiously floating behind those dark brown eyes.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

A smirk there.

"Ya pap has to do with it all, cyattie, after'a ya dun be here without 'im, eh?"

Which.... was true, but also had absolutely nothing to do with what she had been trying to say. The more he spoke the more Ophiro would note the amusement in his eyes. Julian was playing a game. It just made one wonder what kind of game it truly was. The fact that she hadn't said what she needed? Well, Jules didn't even respond to that. Didn't matter. He either had it or could get it. That wasn't a question. A man who could drag half of a soul from out of the Netherworld for his lover?

Whatever Jenmae needed would be a piece of cake compared to that.

Probably.

He wove his hand in the middle of her sentence. "Credits be nothing to me. Da trade is a different matter." An even closer lean. After all, she hadn't leaned away or told him not to, eh? There was an intimacy to his stride, to his way.

Like they had been friends... or more for years.

"Whatcha got for a bargain, hm? Souls, lives," The tip of his finger reached up and booped her nose. Until she moved away, of course. "Maybe ya'self? Tell Julian Imani ya deal."

Objective: Strike a bargain with [member="Julian Imani"]​

She chose to completely ignore his first round of questioning this go-round, simply staring at him with those bottomless dark eyes of hers. She didn't flinch as he came closer to her once more, just keeping still and allowing him his games. He was an odd fellow, but thus far completely harmless so far as she could tell. As he mentioned that credits were off the table she didn't bother to try and hide the gentle quirk of her brows, both hitching up an inch or so as she regarded him with that same disinterested gaze of hers.

"Well, then what would you-" Ah. There was, at the corners of her lips, the smallest suggestion of a smile at his list of acceptable items for trade. Her fingers flexed just a touch at her sides at the suggestion that she could be on the table if she was willing to negotiate with her own personage - but there was no time for such ridiculous notions. She took the opportunity as he waited for her response to take inventory of the man that stood before her. Her eyes dipped, taking mental note of his attire, the way he seemed eager to impress himself upon her space, the strange absence of shadow that she knew should have been cast by the sparse lighting that illuminated the shop. When her eyes came to rest on his again she offered him a smile that did not reach her eyes, simply pleasant to look at.

She kept those eyes leveled at him, not recoiling from the finger he'd chosen to place against her nose. "I'm not well versed in the collection of souls. However, I've got some skill when it comes to the collection of lives." Jenmae chose also to ignore his final offer of trading herself for what she needed. That wasn't going to be part of their negotiation for the evening. "If an exchange of life is required to have what I've come here for, then I will be happy to provide."

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

This one was less amusing to interact with than with most.

Perhaps that was the point.

Make it as disinteresting as possible, until he stopped. Maybe Julian was giving her too much credit. Maybe she was really as boring as this. Jules yawned, couldn't really help himself. "Ya always this expressive, eh? Or do ya keep da for ya private notebook." Always prodding, always pushing, it wasn't in his nature to just let it all lie. Things needed to be challenged. Otherwise life would be a boring thing indeed. It was amusing to him that she didn't even blink at his last suggestion.

Just skipped right past it.

That made him snort. She would be surprised how many people did pick that option. "Oh do ya now?" He lifted his hand. That was when the shadows deep in his skin and tattoos started to shift. They moved past his skin in tangible motions.

Gathered up at the edge of his palm.

There a single white eye with black iris stared at her.

"Whatcha think, shadowman, does da girl have what it takes? Mmmhm, dunno either." Suddenly the shadow leaped at her.

Objective: Strike a bargain with [member="Julian Imani"]​

This fellow was... Interesting. She kept that same calm and disinterested look on her face as he questioned her regarding that exact trait, her brows giving the smallest of inclines to show that she'd heard, but not rising to the bait. It seemed that very quickly she'd determined the best way to get under this one's skin... Nothing quite like having to do nothing to be effective when it came to her favourite pass time of being a mild inconvenience... Or a large one.

Her eyes dipped down as his hand lifted, a hint of curiosity passing behind them as she watched the shadows begin to gather. Her head tilted a modicum to the right as the eye formed in his palm. A look of genuine interest finally swam to the surface... Here was something she hadn't seen before. She felt an itch to raise her own hand to touch the black iris that stared out at her. There was no fear in her, just a morbid need to understand what that thing was.

She didn't bother to look back to the man as he spoke next, her right hand slowly starting to raise, claw-like nails flexing as she wondered what exactly that eye was made of... Just in time for her to catch the movement at the edges of her sight, the shadow moving at her with a remarkable amount of speed.

She let loose a sharp hiss from between her teeth as she took a step back, that same hand that had been at her side rising with the intent to halt whatever this was. It wasn't meant to be, however, as the man had been too close, and her ability to channel the Force in a defensive way was... Lacking.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

Should have ducked.

Instead of being halted by the hand, it shifted its shape and form around the extended arm. Didn't take long before the oily texture curled around her fingers, wrist, started to crawl forward up to her elbow and halted there. The eye traveled, before it settled on the top of her elbow. There it stared up at her. It didn't take long, before she'd notice something.

Whispers at the back of her head.

They solidified.

"Don't mind Julian, he is a bit of a posh prick, but you and I? We will get along." It sniffed loudly in the back of the loud. "Even if you are a witch."

Julian had leaned back, unconcerned apparently, watching the exchange with interest. "Soz, lady la, shadowman ask an' I give, y'know?" A shrug followed. "Ya gon' go harvest me some lives, he keep watch and help, while ya at it. I give address. Ya handle, then come back, deal?" His attention then shifted to the shadowy mess currently curled around her arm.

"An' I ain't deaf, ya chit. All da I do an' dis how ya pay me."

Sad amused shake.

Objective: Get the karking item and get away from this place​

The tension that bled from her was palpable as the shadow enveloped first her hand and then slowly crawled up her arm. She kept herself perfectly still as she watched that eye reform and settle in the bend of her elbow. She fought the visceral urge to use her other hand to claw at whatever the little being was, the hand trembling with the effort it took. Whatever it was, it wasn't hurting her, yet.

She shot the man that now reclined lazily against the counter before her a glance that could have melted ice, the heat roiling off her plain in her voice as she spoke, "What is this?"

The answer came as she felt more than heard the voice whispering into the back of her mind. Her eyes fluttered closed as she listened, a touch of a frown catching at the corners of her lips as she heard that much more cultured tone from whatever this was whispering to her... Her lip twitched as it used a touch of venom with the word witch.

"I don't know that you are allowed to have disdain for what I am when it's so obvious that your host and I have the same talents." Her eyes opened again, the emotion no longer veiled behind that passive calm. The dark depths of her gaze were filled with that same heat that her voice had held, and there was a tremor to her voice as she spoke next that belied the anger she felt.

"I do not require a babysitter, shopkeep. I am quite capable of taking life on my own, thank you." She thrust her blackened hand back towards him, the message there clear. She didn't want whatever this thing was.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

He studied the thrusted arm.

Close enough to poke his eye out, if she was so inclined.

It didn't do much to dissuade his amusement though. "If ya think I got control over da lad, then ya outta ya mind, lass." Jules drawled casually. In fact, that gesture only caused the shadow to sink in deeper into her skin. Until... until it was gone. She would still feel it. Just underneath her skin. Moving slowly there. Settling in like an infestation, finding purchase here and there.

"Besides, ya jus' said ya'self, no soul!" The exclamation came as he pushed himself off the table. One step in and that brought them line to line. Almost enough to press against her, if he was so inclined.

"Shadowman be maestro of da soul. While ya harvesting life, he be harvesting soul."

A yawn, before he pushed and brushed past her and got the door for her. "Down ya go," Even making a flourish to see her out. "-address be in ya pocket, love."

Objective: Collect those souls she didn't agree to, she supposes...​

She continued to keep that heated gaze leveled on [member="Julian Imani"] as that shadowy presence slowly sunk into her hand and arm, making the skin squirm as she fought the urge once more to claw at it. Her next words were barely above a whisper as she all but spat them at him, "I suppose I shouldn't be terribly surprised that you have no control over... Whatever this is."

She lowered the arm back to her side as he stepped forward, feeling that heat die in her eyes, even if it still burned in her chest. She'd learned long ago that being visibly upset when someone was this close was dangerous, and it seemed that today was going to be another important lesson about letting emotions and curiosity rein when strangers were near.

A soft, low sigh left Jenmae as he stepped around her, hearing the soft tinkling of the bell that announced the door was open once more. She paused there as she glanced down, flexing the hand that now held her ride-along demon and doing her best to keep her mind blank. Had she not needed this item, perhaps she could burn this thing out... She wiped the thought from her mind as quickly as it had come, acutely aware that she didn't know what was inside of her - and it did have the ability to speak to her... Who knew what else it could do.

She raised her hands in unison and hiked the large cowl hood of her coat back up, her face hidden to shadow once more as she turned on her heels and strode out of the shop, the sharp snap of her heels the only sound she allowed as she swept past the sorcerer and back into the night.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

He snerked at her snarky response.

That's when she might realize she had lost the game.

By losing her cool.

"Enjoy, love." Jules murmured self-satisfied as she sauntered out. The door of the shop closed behind her. She could just about make-out the contours of a song. It seemed that Imani started to sing the moment she left. Pleased, very pleased. For a moment there was silence as they walked. The outside seemed cold and oppressive compared to the liveliness of Imani's shop.

There had been heat there, warmth, an expressive dynamic.

Like life flowed through that store with no hesitation.

"Did you look in your pocket yet, lady?" The voices whispered. Every once in a while the cacophony synced together perfectly. Making a single tune, before breaking up again in multiple pieces.

"We have had some thuggish trouble. Time to clean house. Might assist with your... simmering mood too." There seemed to be a cruel smile hidden in those words.

Objective: Seek. Destroy.​

She took several long strides away from the door of the lively little shop before she stopped in the middle of the darkened street. She let out another low and slow breath as she lifted her gaze, eyes narrowing at the star-dotted sky above her. The wind whipped down the narrow street and set the ends of her milky white hair fluttering, but she paid it no mind as she did her best not to get upset. There was work to be done - and knowing he'd gotten under her skin, literally, wasn't going to get it done any faster.

She heard that same sickeningly sweet voice tug at the back of her mind as her right eye crinkled at the corner, her hand diving into her pocket to retrieve the address that he'd provided. Her fingers wrapped around a scrap of roughly hewn paper and she tugged it from her pocket with the jerk of her arm, lifting it to peer down at the address in the dim light. She wasn't overly familiar with the layout of the city, and as such, she dipped her hand back down to retrieve the datapad as well...

That's when she noticed that it was the only thing left in her pocket... She felt a tightening between her shoulder blades as she stood all the taller, the urge to turn back around and just take out her frustration on that shop front mounting by the second. But no - it wouldn't do to have her entire plan thrown off over a pack of gum... Even if based purely on principle this was a fething joke.

She instead heeded the advice of the little monster in her head and glanced down at the datapad, a few quick clicks and flicks of her fingers bringing up the location that the two had provided her and stuffing the screen back into her deep pockets. They had a ways to go, her and the little stow-away...

She took off at a brisk pace as she thought idly at the thing that was now taking up residence in her favorite hand, "So what, pray tell, am I walking into, little one?"

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

"Little?"

It sounded mildly offended.

Which was understandable, if Ophiro could have seen it in its natural habitat. It was a hunter there. Sleek and sharp angles. A dream turned into a predator, but that was neither here nor there. It just explained the indignation a little bit. "Anyway," Huffing once more for good measure. "You mortals are always weird when it comes to territory. You live for like a blink of the eye. Then at the same time squat on everything, clawing more and more into your heap."

"These guys think they own my turf too."

Clearly he didn't actually think that it was Julian's shop.

"Well, today they will find out what it means to mess with an immortal's stuff." A moment later Shadowman seemed to realize he hadn't actually answered her question. It was understandable, of course.

A cat's territory was crucial.

"The factory on that piece of paper houses one of the more violent gangs in the neighborhood. They will have look-outs, once we enter their core turf, so you should probably be wary of that. Oh... they also use guns, a lot of them, you will probably be fine."

She grinned inwardly as she felt the entity bristle. She suspected that there was more to the little shadow than what she'd seen earlier, but it was a petty little jab that she was pleased had landed. She didn't bother to respond as the creature went on about the flaws that mortality presented... Mostly because it wasn't wrong. She'd seen in great detail the atrocities that people were willing to commit to accumulate material wealth in her lifetime - and she wasn't nearly old enough to know the breadth of mortal folly by half. She was, after all, here to accumulate items for her own little pile...

Jenmae continued to stride down the deserted streets of the city as she listened to the whispering voice slither around inside of her head, doing her best not to let it distract her, as she assumed as they got closer she'd likely need to deal with some of these goons that they'd warned her about. "Wonderful news. I don't know if you gathered it based on our interaction earlier, but defense isn't what I excel at... What sort of damage do you need to be done in order to collect these souls?"

She turned down another side street as she slowed her pace a touch, knowing that based on the address they'd provided that the pair were drawing closer with each step. She pulled her hands from her pockets, leaving them to dangle at her sides loosely, those long nails of hers idly scratching along her own palms comfortingly. Easier access should she need to be throwing any spells around unexpectedly.

"Would it be easier if I were to just crater then entire city block - or would it be best for me to try and minimize property damage?" That last bit was said with the barest touch of a smile, her eyes glinting keenly beneath the hood as she continued on.

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

"I did notice you were stupid, so let's hope they got chitty aim."

There was only one situation where not having a defense was acceptable. By being such a big killer, that nobody wanted to mess with you in the first place. That was an acceptable context. Being small, fragile and mortal? No fethin' chance. Why these mortals were all so suicidal was beyond him. Even Julian, someone who had spend decades in the Netherworld, was still just a mortal at the end of the day.

Falling in love.

Love.

[member="Tamara Wren"] wasn't anything special from their short interactions. Just another mortal. Though, her shard was something else entirely. Changed and warped... it would have been a beautiful transition. Sadly Jules karked that up as well.

"No, you will hurt them. Make them wish they were dead. Then I will appear in their mind and offer them salvation. Bargain done... bargain made. They will give me what I want and they will get what they need." Suddenly something constricted at her feet. Forcing her to stop. Then it tugged at her to dash to the side. If she had been able to watch through her clothes?

The ink had swarmed all over her skin.

"Up ahead, on the roof, do you see?"

There were two mortals there. Barely visible, but apparently the Shadowman had no need of eyes in the literal sense.

The managed to suppress the snarky comment she had at the tip of her tongue to respond to this thing's sass... Look at that - she was learning. Instead, she focussed on keeping her mind perfectly clear, giving the thing time to have its own musings on Jules and his love interests as they strolled together through the back streets of Teta. When that whispering voice returned again, she found that she'd managed to release that bit of anger that its insult had inspired. All positive... All positive.

She didn't bother to try and keep her confusion from the thing under her skin as it explained the plan, wondering exactly how she was going to give it what it wanted if there wasn't going to be a body count - but before she had the opportunity to ask she felt the pressure around her legs. She bit down hard on her tongue to keep from making a sound as she nearly toppled forward, her hands splaying at her sides to try and keep her balanced - unable to take the time to try to orient herself before she found herself sidestepping into the shadows.

Whatever this thing was, it appeared that it had spread down across the rest of her... Wonderful. She frowned down at her own body, upset that whatever this entity was it had seen fit to just sort of put her on autopilot. She was ready to get it a piece of her mind that it had not yet gotten a taste of when it whispered to her once more and she lifted her eyes to the building further down the street.

In the dull evening light, she could see the two figures that it had also spotted, her eyes narrowing as she pressed herself an inch or two further back into the shadows. "I do... You're going to need to be very specific about what you want done, little one. If you're wanting to ensure that these people still have a body to operate after I'm done with them I need to know."

Hira Mitsae

[member="Jenmae Ophiro"]

A soft growl at the back of her head.

Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to mess with a thing that was literally spread all across her body.

For now though, it seemed to be interested in the finalization of the mission. Of the bargain. Maybe that would change later. Until now though? It seemed that he'd only growl and be indignant about her references. "You will hurt them, until they beg for help, I help them. I take their soul. You kill them." It explained patiently. Strictly speaking it was cheating. Julian wouldn't have liked it, but that one was too rigid. Which was hilarious considering he should be the one being rigid.

It was something about the mortal world.

It send his mind a-racin' with possibilities and opportunities.

"Climb here," Her head was tugged to the right, where the moonlight revealed the outcrops of a ladder. "Take them from above. You need the advantage." It seemed smug with that assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom