Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Looking For People Who Want To Make And Write Characters Doomed To Die

Elijah Brockway

[Insert Clever Joke Here]
Alternative title: Samurai Jedi 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ahem.

Do you want to write a Jedi, but think that the robes and peacefulness are super boring?

Do you enjoy jidaigeki works, or just the idea of Samurai in general?

Do you enjoy writing stuff that is completely over the top and ridiculous without being so in a mary sue/powergaming sense, but more in the "Large Ham" sense like Captain Kirk?

Do you kinda want to just parody how blatantly and also poorly some ideas of the Samurai and bushido and such were copied over into Star Wars by making a group of Jedi that eat, sleep, live, and breathe those same ideas?

Do you think it would be fun to hop into multiple skirmishes or invasions and do your utmost best to get your character killed in an "honourable" way while trying to achieve an objective, and get prizes from it (probably, like, a factory sub, because I'm not an artist, although I dunno, if you're a goblin like me you might want a set of shiny click-clack math rocks for your tabletop rpg addiction)?

Do you enjoy the idea of using armour and swords for your Force-sensitive characters, rather than robes and lightsabers like a nerd?

Do you self-identify as an otaku or weeaboo and wish you could find a group that will happily accept that from y—okay, maybe not this one, unless the specific stuff you're into and willing to pull from goes back to those jidaigeki works I mentioned. I want Miyamoto Musashi, here, not Kirigaya Kazuto.

If you answered yes to any of these questions (except the last [maybe? i dunno, shoot your shot folks]) then you may be entitled to a cash settlement have I got an idea for you!

This came out of my mad ravings in the Silver Jedi Concord group a week or two ago, where I was just generally messing around and making a lot of goofy jokes about Jedi and combining the Hagakure into it because the obvious Samurai and jidaigeki movie references in Star Wars in general are obvious, and I thought about a group of Jedi that are super martially inclined and crazy focused on death in the service of the Light Side and all that, to the point that they would fight until they died rather than "allow themselves" to be captured, and crazy stuff like that. Wearing heavy armour, rejecting lightsabers because they're ultimately derived from a weapon that required the use of the Dark Side to work ("but, Eli, what about the new canon stuff?" you may ask, to which I say this is chaos, I reject your reality and substitute my own, this is peak Legends hours right now [also forcesabers didn't actually require the Dark Side but that's how the ancient Je'daii learned about them so I'm keeping this bit heyyo] so buckle up and get ready for my specific brand of insanity), yadda yadda, "The Way of the Samurai Jedi is found in Death," yadda yadda, et cetera, et cetera, LARGE HAM, BIG TEXT, HONOUR, CHALLENGES, DUELS, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I'm also planning on making a codex sub of a holocron or writings from some Jedi Master four or five hundred years ago who went into all this stuff.

Essentially, we'd be a group of Jedi that is considered so radical and extreme that we're disavowed by the main Jedi Orders around, so instead of being just Samurai, we're Ronin. Even better. But, they can't deny how devoted we are to the light side and protecting people and all that that they still welcome our help when we show up and everything, and we do it as a matter of HONOUR, to prove that they should accept our group again as full fellow Jedi, rather than the whole "uh, yeah, they're kinda weird and crazy, are they grey jedi? they might be grey jedi" deal, because we're super overzealous in our vigilance against the Dark Side and all that fun stuff. And so we run in whenever the others are under attack or are attacking the Sith or something like that, with the goal of helping, and also the OOC goal of "who will manage to find the most glorious and amazing way to die in this thread that still achieves something good for the story," because we don't accept it if you just make yourself die, you have to actually achieve something and write something compelling. If you just jump off a ravine in a thread instead of having a GLORIOUS DEATH IN BATTLE, FIGHTING OFF WAVES OF TROOPERS AND A SITH LORD TO PROTECT THE INHABITANTS OF A VILLAGE FLEEING FROM THE WARFRONT, then that's not cool, minus fifty points from gryffindork.

And, of course, we'll all be taking bets in good fun on how long it takes for every last character in this group to end up dead. And who knows, maybe you take on apprentices and stuff, it grows, maybe you become that old master who just can't die and this somehow turns into a lasting thing, that'd be cool too, once we end up with more than just me it's kinda outta my hands in that regard.

If you were actually willing to read all of this and any of this sounds interesting to you at all, feel free to add me on discord (Elijah Brockway#5592) and I'll add you into a group chat I've made about it so we can all fully work out the idea in there and how our characters are connected and just generally party discuss. Also if you're one of the people I've already spoken to about this who expressed interest, post in here pls, help me get some traction, pls'n'thnk.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
That's uhh. That's an interesting lfg lol

Ngl, Been on the ghost of tsushima crack pipe for a few weeks right now, check my bio if you want to see what I mean ;p But I want to keep joti around and she is faaaaaar from being a jedi lol

I'm also not as big of a weeb as I thought because I don't understand half of this, But I Could give it a shot with another character?

I'll think it over and see if I have the energy to write a character worthy of your vision, After these next few invasions. In the meantime, If you or anyone in this crazy group wants to hang out with(Or fight) A young gun mandalorian ronin that's being developed into a shinobi, Driven to reclaim her honour as a mandalorian, Just holler!
(She's also Mandalorian Union and therefore SJC sub faction so)

PERSENUS

Qoritottoi..... Ashaottoi....
My character Perenus is an Ex-Sith and might fit rather well as an antagonistic force. He is a, as you say a Ronin, as he had not only betrayed his own master (not a bad thing, given he was a Sith) but he failed and fled the battle, and was branded a Deserter. He wishes to find and regain his own sense of purpose while on the run, so perhaps he could be an antagonistic force against yall.

Also, I used a lot of Japanese Music in his themes, so I might finally use it to use.

Elijah Brockway

[Insert Clever Joke Here]
My character Perenus is an Ex-Sith and might fit rather well as an antagonistic force. He is a, as you say a Ronin, as he had not only betrayed his own master (not a bad thing, given he was a Sith) but he failed and fled the battle, and was branded a Deserter. He wishes to find and regain his own sense of purpose while on the run, so perhaps he could be an antagonistic force against yall.

Also, I used a lot of Japanese Music in his themes, so I might finally use it to use.

You will join us, or we will remove the stain of your darkness and dishonour from this fair galaxy.

I love this idea. Can we have a small shrine to Chirrut Îmwe ?

Absolutely.

Elijah Brockway Elijah Brockway

I'm blaming you for this. Sign me up.

y e e t

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom