Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for people to make a faction with

Wicker

W
None of the current factions truly interest me so i'm wondering if anybody would like to make a faction with me?

Have you looked at all the minor factions too? There is a ALOT of them :D
Besides that i'd get to know people first, when you find those you can rp with well, you naturally have a few people to ask.

57 in total I counted, but if not, you might want to post the idea you have for a unique faction?

Wicker

W
i have looked at the minor factions, and i just noticed that nobody has made a Trade Federation

Wicker said:
i have looked at the minor factions, and i just noticed that nobody has made a Trade Federation
But I can almost guarantee you without looking someone is doing the same concept :D.

If not though, if nobody truly has a trade federation, or rather Merchant mandate, then you have a niche, but I really doubt no merchant factions exist. You are making me go look through them all, which is good as I needed to :D

Wicker

W
I was just pointing it out that nobody has actually titled there faction: trade federatoin

Yeah you won't find that, the timeline of this rpg is a long time in the future, a lot of the older factions have fallen.

Though you know what, I apologize completely though for the above comment, after a search:

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/14276-the-maw-consortium-interest-check/

http://starwarsrp.net/groups/100-titan-core/

Are the two closest I saw, but neither are what you are referring to. However companies are constantly established in the forum below, maybe one of those could be brought into the same kind of stature.

http://starwarsrp.net/forum/227-company-creation/
I also might have missed one, I only went through their brief descriptions, but nothing jumped out at me in a brief skim either.

@[member="Wicker"]

Hi there!

As for factions, since you're a newer member, I highly suggest against starting a faction. I'm not implying that you're not capable enough to effectively run one, it's just that it'd be best for you to gain some experience in how factions work here on SWRP. I just started my first faction today and I've been a member here since July 11th. If I would've just made a faction right out registration, then it would have crumbled through my fingers and made me disappointed. Instead, I joined other factions, grew my character and my knowledge of the site and its rules and ended up becoming an admin of a Major faction, the Lords of the Fringe. Although I am no longer an admin, it was still a very beneficial experience and helped me for future endeavors in the faction administrating world.

Plus, while you're looking through factions, make sure that they suit your character. Factions are made to suit players, not the other way around. I noticed that you talked about the Trade Federation above. There are actually a few merchant/trade based factions out there. Try looking for some like the "Most Serene Republic of Manda" or even a mercenary group.

Again, the best advice I can offer is the need to gain experience beforehand. If you'd like, I can offer you entry into one of my character's factions here and show you the ropes to effectively leading and managing a group of roleplayers.

Wicker

W
It's just for fun to see if it will work, if it doesn't i'll delete the faction and we can forgot that it ever happened

@[member='Wicker'] all the best for your faction.
but Lussk is right, it can be very hard. i recently started a faction and i thought i knew what i was doing (have been here since Aug) but i fond it was alot slower and harder then i thought.

the best advice i can give you is what i was told.
keep trying and have fun but dont feel bad if it doesn't work (i think when i was told this the persion was implying i should expect it not to work, but mah, that isnt going to stop me)
good luck

Ps. why is a furball running thet trade federation anyway ?

Wicker said:
i won't give up and because i want to
Then you have what it takes to make any guild, faction, story or plot work :D

I wish you every luck, just give a detailed description of your idea, in a new post is probably best, the more detail the better!

Don't stop at a few lines, separate the idea into several paragraphs and why its unique. - If its a pure merchant group idea, you already have a niche.

I know this is irrelevant and possibly sort of off topic:

I have in the past considered creating a new age trade federation but since I am no good at plotting and planning ahead have decided to not do it since I could not change the faction to meet the current date of star wars.

But if you feel like you could recreate the Trade Federation I would like to see how you do it and what you got for the concept of the faction, good luck my furry friend. :D
@[member="Wicker"]

Kei Amadis said:
Then you have what it takes to make any guild, faction, story or plot work :D

I wish you every luck, just give a detailed description of your idea, in a new post is probably best, the more detail the better!

Don't stop at a few lines, separate the idea into several paragraphs and why its unique. - If its a pure merchant group idea, you already have a niche.
If I were to do it, I'd take the company forum and invite them all, it'd be pretty epic and pretty simple :D

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

PS if anyone does PM me and let me be in on it :D

Wicker

W
Ummm this is embarrasing to ask but how do you create new forums for training threads and stuff like that?

Wicker

W
Ok, i've saving my idea for a later day, i'm gonna join a faction and learn more about the site first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom