Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for: Jedi Master

Hey!

I'm looking for a Jedi Master, who can post regularly and is fairly experienced. I'd like someone to take me the whole distance as a master, and i want someone who can help me in my efforts.

This may not be instant, but i need a master in the very near future.

Thanks!

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
What kind of Jedi does [member="Ronen Jerik"] wish to become? Because I think it's an important factor in deciding who should be your master.

For IC reasons Ugohr cannot train a Padawan but I have two active Jedi characters.

However both my active Jedi are pretty similar in that they prefer to use their brains (they regard a FU's brain as their main Force-instrument) and, from there, the Force, over a lightsaber. You had a taste of Jessica when you had this thread on Geonosis. But I usually regard Cathul as more similar to Jessica than different: they can calculate the effects of the Force with almost arbitrary precision (one can be precise even with Padawan-level of power), they prefer to have large numbers of powers at their disposal, they just use their respective gifts for different things. If you want a more intellectually-oriented Jedi, I'm the writer for that sort of thing. If you want a more combat-oriented Jedi, it may be best to look elsewhere.

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

Well, as much as my character needs necessary fighting ability, if you're character is that skilled in the Force, that will be beneficial to my character, if you're still interested, i'd be happy to be trained by a character so trained in the force.

[member="Ronen Jerik"] Knowing that I've had bad luck with my choices of apprentices (in that both of Cathul's current apprentices are inactive and hence I can take two now) I'll consider you. That said, are you more comfortable with the GA or with the CIS? If the former, Cathul, if the latter, Jessica.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

I've had many masters, many didn't work out for me, but i can adapt to different styles, i don't prefer the latter, i don't want a master who simply looks into the science of the force, i want to be taught the inns and outs, if you can think you can provide that, i will serve you the best i can, if you will have me.

[member="Ronen Jerik"] Yet the trick is that when you had that thread with Jessica, Jessica had much more IC knowledge of the Force than she had power to act on it at the time (she was a Padawan in her early stages of training in that thread). Now Jessica has a lot more talent to use it than she was back in her very first Force-training thread. What gives you the impression that today's Jessica would still be a Force-scholar that simply desires to look into the science of the Force?

To both Cathul and Jessica, knowing the science behind a given Force-power is important to be able to learn the resulting Force-power, and an important component of the ins and outs as you imply them to be, and especially as applied to Force-healing. But they are not the be-all, end-all.

Nevertheless, they're both ladies for whom a FU's brain is their main Force-instrument, they're capable of turning their own background knowledge into Force-powers (it will give them a basic skill level in the resulting Force-power though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom