Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Looking For Enemies and Allies

PERSENUS

Qoritottoi..... Ashaottoi....

Hello!, I am looking for a group for my "Sith" character. He isn't a part of the Sith Empire, not anymore. After a failed attempt of killing his master, he fled for his life, and his master labeled him a Deserter. I am looking for some people that could act as recurring enemies, such as Sith Assassins on the hunt for him to gain prestige and rank, or Bounty Hunters in it for the money. I am also in search of some allies to perhaps travel with, or have contact with on the very least to help him avoid his enemies.

PERSENUS PERSENUS
Splendid! Rocho takes on hunts that he thinks could be worthwhile, so a skilled or strong force sensitive fits the list. You got an idea on how you'd like that to take place? Rocho actually has a few ship options, he often uses a carrier (with a number of droid fighters) when traveling near potentially dangerous places as backup. But has a personal fighter for himself. I bring this up more just in case, most threads it doesn't matter.

Rocho is typically a sniper starting out. But, given the force sensitiviy of Perenus, that could be a waste of time. So he'd probably try and track him down to somewhere he could get close before actually attacking.

PERSENUS

You see, the Perenus doesn't really have a ship. He travels by paying people to take him places (after he gathers enough credits doing labor or.... unsavory work) or just smuggles himself onto ships as a stowaway. So the only way, unless Rocho is going to attack some unsuspecting travelers, is on the planet.

Isn't sniping effective against Force-Users? Its mentioned in KoToR 2 by HK-47, Darht Revan's Assassin Droid, that the best way to kill a Jedi is being a sniper and killing them from afar. Though, technically, this would only work when used with a Slugthrower where the actual projectile isn't a bright glowing beam that the Jedi can trace back to your position, since most Jedi powers rely on sight and being a sniper allows you keep yourself undercover very far away.

Salis Salis

PERSENUS PERSENUS
Well that would make Rocho's job easier for tracking him down at least. Plus, he prefers personal combat anyway. Space combat is fine for him, he just thinks it pulls some of the true battle out of it. Especially against others who are more known for their skill in personal combat.

Sniping can be effective if the force user doesn't have particularly high awareness. Rocho himself has that, and there have been a number of interactions he's had with force sensitives where sniping becomes nearly useless due to precognition.

HK would be correct for an average trained force sensitive at the time, as most jedi probably aren't that actively prepared. A lot of the characters in the KOTOR games also don't show particularly high levels of precognition. Also yeah he uses a slughtrower when sniping most of the time (he prefers them in general, but especially when hunting or sniping), he actually uses one that works especially well against force users, because it's got a crap load of power behind it. So he actually hopes they try and block it, if they notice it.

In an RP though, a lot of writers tend to just have high enough active precognition that they end up noticing it. I can absolutely start Rocho off sniping. He usually uses this: heklerkok-amr-1-anti-materiel-rifle. It's an older one. HOnestly I planned on making a new one, but just never got around to it. I keep an energy based on as a backup in case the hekler gets officially outdated, as it's still under approved tech. It's an anti-material rifle, which means if it hits a person...it is gonna cause some serious issues regardless of where it hit. Plus the distance means he can often get multiple shots in before anyone can even get to him. That's another reason I may do PVP threads as him not using it, unless it's either a campaign/war thread that would involve him hitting NPC's, or it is agreed upon pre-rp.

PERSENUS

I have made a thread, if you would like to join. I have tagged you in it, though you won't be the only Bounty Hunter there so you may have to compete if you don't want to share the reward.

PERSENUS PERSENUS Great! I should post today. Nar Shaddaa probably isn't the best place for sniping also unless he knew his target would be staying in relatively the same place (or there was more than one). So I'll go the 'normal way' so to speak.

PERSENUS

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun I think that would require some roleplay. Not allowing the Sith to enter would still extend to Perenus as he does still adhere to the beliefs of the Sith, though shakingly nowadays, but he is not a part of their empire anymore. Unless you are specifically blocking out the Sith Empire and not targeting those that follow the ways of the Sith that are unloyal to the Empire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom