Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For A Tea Shop

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Doyle

Red stood up. He could sense something happening in the room the employee Doyle went into. He could tell what had happened. Doyle told his target, Kay-Larr Kay-Larr , about everything. He couldn't tell exactly what he said, but most likely something along the lines of for her to stay away for a bit. This wouldn't do, this wouldn't do at all.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Kay furrowed her brows as she quietly approached the shop. She didn't like the idea of some stranger looking for her. More often than not, it was something bad. But as far as she could tell, all was quiet. No sign of anyone shooting up the place. She made her way up the steps and stood beside one of the windows, peering in. There were a few customers inside. Already she could pick out Doyle among them.

And then she caught sight of Red. His armour was unfamiliar to her. It was almost Mandalorian which didn't quite mean trouble. At least not for her. For the moment she felt as though she was unseen, so she just watched the man drink his water. No doubt he didn't trust any of her wares. That could pose a problem.

Subject 73 Red

Red turned to Doyle . "I know what you did," He told the employee. "And I know that your boss is already here. I suggest you tell her to come inside." Red told him.

He turned to the window where he sensed the new presence, and looked Kay-Larr Kay-Larr right in the eyes. He gave a small wave to her spying on him. "See? There she is. Now, please tell her to come inside, so we can have a discussion." Red pointed out. "Of course, if you tell her to run, I will chase her down." Red said.

Doyle

D

More beads of sweat visibly appeated on Doyle's brow. It wasn't as though he could lie. He couldn't even really skirt the truth. Especially when Red saw Kay from the window. The wave from him was a clear indication that she was spotted. The veiled threat didn't help matters either. "Alright, alright. I'll tell her. But if she runs, that's not my choice."

Doyle left the man's table and walked over to the door. He exited through it, stepping onto the porch and keeping Kay in full view of the window. "He's obviously spotted you. Might as well go in. He claims to just want a discussion..."

Kay chewed the inside of her cheek. "A discussion? I doubt that it's something so simple."

"Only one way to find out, isn't there? And besides, you can handle yourself, can't you?" Doyle gave her a knowing smile, yet his eyes still displayed his concern.

"Yes Doyle. You're right." After taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she turned and stepped into her shop with Doyle in behind her. Without even asking, Kay sat herself down at Red's table. She folded her hands on top. "Well? I'm here now. So what did you want to discuss?"

Subject 73 Red

Doyle @Kay Arenais

Red looked at her as she sat down at his table. So, she wanted to talk in front of the other people, huh? Fine, but the employee needed to leave. "Make your employee leave, or find us a private place to talk." Red told her.

Kay-Larr

Kay just stared at him for a moment or two, studying him. What this was about, she didn't know. At least not yet. That would soon change however.

She got to her feet. "Fine. Follow me please." Kay led him through the shop, behind the counter and into the back room. It was a lab/kitchen of sorts. Many boxes of stock were also strewn around. Once he was inside, she turned around, folding her arms across her chest. "What's this about?"

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Red followed her into the backroom. "Miss Kay Larr. Formerly Kay Arenais, though, separated from husband. You know, I've met one of your family members before, she was Loreena Arenais. You are wanted for many things, and currently hiding out in a tea shop. Nice cover, you would never suspect that the owner of a tea shop could be wanted so badly. I was nearly fooled." Red told her.

"I'll get to business, ma'am. I was sent by a man named Dr. Jakob Benson. Ever heard of him?" He asked her.

Kay-Larr

Kay listened as Red listed out a bunch of facts about herself. She hardened her stance, not at all liking where this was going.

And just as she was about to ask who it was that he worked for, he answered. "Yes, I know Dr. Benson. He was treating me for PTSD from trauma. But I'm fine now. That's why I stopped seeing him. So you can tell him that and be on your way."

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

"Well, he wants you back now. He seems to have deemed that you aren't fine. That's why he sent me. He told me to bring you to him." Red told her.

"Besides, no one ever is ever fine. No one ever gets rid of their demons." Red said, slightly quieter.

Kay-Larr

Kay visibly stiffened. "Well he hasn't seen me in a few months or so. How is he to judge? I sought help from him willingly, I should be able to step away willingly to. So no. If he wants to see me he can do so through a holocall. I'm not going."

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Red could see her stiffen. He seemed to have gotten into her head. Good, that's what Red wanted. "Well, the good doctor doesn't see it that way. I've been ordered to bring you to him. No matter what. And alive, too." Red told her.

"You know, if I wanted to, I could kill you. I know that you don't have the cleanest track record, and that your tea shop sells more than just tea and biscuits. Some more... illegal wares. Ridding the galaxy of you would most likely be better for a lot of people." He said. Yeah, he did some studying. It wasn't hard to find out.

"But I won't. Because; A: I've been ordered to bring you in alive. B: I'm a friend of Loreena. And C: You don't seem like a bad person."

"But you not coming back with me isn't an option. No matter what, you are coming with me. Willingly, or not." He told her seriously.

Kay-Larr

"No matter...what?" Kay pursed her lips as Red began listing out reasons that could bring him to want to kill her. Neither of which were very fair. "The...somewhat illegal ingredients that I use in a couple of my products is in very, very small amounts."

She looked around the back room, shaking her head a little at the situation. "You seem to have done some research on me. Have you cared to take note of the good things that I've done? Those that would want me dead are among the Sith and dark sided governments. Why you would want to do their dirtywork is beyond me..."

Kay had an escape route here, and already she was calculating the best way to reach it. "I have too much to do here. So you'll have to come back some other time. Go...find some other targets instead."

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Red nodded. "Yes. No matter what." He told her again. He really do whatever it took, except killing her. He wouldn't kill her. "Even if it is in small amounts, illegal is still illegal."

She looked around the room. She seemed nervous. "Yes, I have seen the good things you've done, too. I can see that you're trying to make up for the bad things you've done. I can understand that. Don't worry, I'm no Sith." Red nodded. He could understand it. Besides, he was the exact opposite of a Sith.

"You don't seem too busy if you're leaving your shop for many hours. Besides, I've seen how many people are inside you're store. It's a lot, but not enough for you to be considered busy. You're divorced, your family is spread throughout the galaxy. You have no one on this planet." Red said to her. It was just what he had observed.

"Actually, you are the only one I've been given to find. The doctor really wants you back. You're the only one I'm hunting. You are my only objective."

She seemed to tense up. Red could tell that she was planning to make a run for one of her escape routes. Yeah, Red's visor on his helmet did a scan of the building. He memorized where the escape routes where before taking of the helmet. "Don't even think about it." He told her.

Kay-Larr

"It's only illegal in some jurisdictions..." Not everywhere, surely. In some places Spice was very easy to come by and openly sold.

As Red began listing off more things that he knew about her, Kay thought back to the last time a hunter had done his research. After quite the chase, he caught her in a way that surprised her. She wasn't sure of just how well prepared Red was.

"I don't have to be at my business for every hour. I am allowed some time off to shop and get more supplies. But look, I'm fine. I'm not hallucinating anymore, things are going well for me."

She uncrossed her arms to scratch at an itch behind her neck. "How much is he paying you? I could pay you double..." It wasn't a full lie, but she should be able to garner enough credits through various contacts.

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Red stared at her. "Well, from what I've seen, your employee Doyle seems very capable of handling the shop. Perhaps he deserves a promotion..." Red told her.

"You say that you're fine. You wanna test that theory? I can use the Force to find out." Red said to her, openly admitting that he can use the Force.

"Actually, the Doctor is paying me very little to find you. I actually asked for a lower price than he offered me. People don't understand it, but are always pleased when I deliver for such a low price. I'm not in it for the money. I like to let people know that I'm cheap, and I'm just as good as any high-priced one." Red told her.

Kay-Larr

Kay placed her hands on her hips. "Go ahead and check. You'll see that I'm perfectly fine." She was a Force User too, but hid it from most due to her life of politics. After Palpatine, trust in Force Users in politics was very small.

But she was no Padawan. Due to certain circumstances in her life, she had learned to wield it well. Kay could kill Red without even moving a muscle if she had wanted to. Though she hadn't reached that point yet.

"So I take it that there's no counter-offer that I could give that would get you to back down? Doyle is great and all, but not for lengthy periods.. I don't want to leave."

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Red sighed. Why did she have to be so difficult? He really didn't want to force her to come with him, but she wasn't really giving him much of a choice. "Then maybe you should go and tell the doctor that." Red told her.

"Last chance for you to reconsider."

Kay-Larr

Kay was stubborn. Extremely so. Yet despite the times that it got her into trouble, she'd still find it hard to back down.

"I don't want to risk being locked up. Not now. I just can't. I don't deserve it. I'm fine. I'm good. Okay?."

She chewed the inside of her cheek to change the subject. "How's Lori doing?"

Subject 73 Red

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

"Well, perhaps he doesn't want to lock you up. Maybe he just wants to check on you. Perhaps all he wants to do is a... checkup. Is that the right term? Yes, all he wants to do is checkup on you and see how you're doing." Red told her.

Then, she changed the subject. She was trying to throw him off. Fine, Red would play the game, for now.
"The last time I say her, she was doing fine. Of course, the last time we meet, we were getting shot at and tracking a deadly band of pirates, but we dealt with that, and she's fine." He said.

Kay-Larr

Was he lying to her? A check up? That's all? Surely it couldn't be that simple. Benson gad told her that he wanted her to go to his facility when it was finished. Back then she needed to. But her son helped to convince her that doing so was merely hiding herself from the galaxy. "I'll just...give him a holocall later. He can check on me that way."

Kay nodded as she heard about her daughter's latest exploits. "I take it that you were successful? Otherwise you wouldn't be here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom