Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Defiant few... PM me if you want to join

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Coruscant: Lower city: Cantina

This was the part of Coruscant he preferred, the lower city. A haven from all the diplomats and bigots, which were usually one and the same. Here, it was definitely more dangerous, but only if you let yourself be a victim. If you knew how to carry yourself, you usually went to sleep alive.

He wore his favorite red shirt, which he wore with black trousers and brown, knee high boots. His signature brown duster hung down the seat slightly, but covered his slug-thrower which was holstered on his thigh

Jace Trent sat in the corner booth, keeping his eye on everyone coming and going. He skimmed through his datapad, going over the many different potentials to crew his baby, "The Defiance".
He yawned and massaged his temples, he was tired. He had interviewed several people already but none seemed to be a good fit. This was starting to become a bust, he hoped that he could call it a day with at least one to add to his crew, but at this rate, it wasn't looking good...
@[member="Veil"] @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] @[member="Lisa Goran"]

Veil

Who needs legs when you have brains.
Hacking into the cantina's few camera was no problem. The bigger issue was making sure you had a good enough view with what you had. That was what the hacker who was currenlty view everyone in the cantina itself was doing. The cameras panned around, seeing who was wear, obviously looking for someone or something. Eventually the camera caught sight of the red shirt wearing man who, after looking at old survallence footage, had been busy speaking with people for some type of job. Most likely a recuirting for some kind of crewmen post or soemthing. Either way it was what the hacker was after.

What they were after was the bathan sitting around the VIP table with a few gaurds and some sultry alein ladies all over him. The man was a known criminal, epseically for exthorting people for their money and keeping it all for himself. That was going to change as soon as the hacker could see something on his person. A small datapad was hanging from his caot pocket with the serial numbers facing outward. Just what they needed.

Already they started working on the big surprise for the crook.

@[member="Jace Trent"] @Marrik Aloxum @Lisa Goran

Walking into the bar, a tall, pale man shrouded in a blood red cloak, took a seat at the end of the bar. Slung across his lower back was his collapsed energy bow, and on his belt hung a curved vibrosword. He drew back his hood as he ordered a drink from the bartender. Paying no atention to the rowdy pair of Rodians next to him, he nurtured his drink as his deep purple eyes scanned the patrons. Marrik made to stand as the Rodians had gotten into a tiff, spilling their drinks on his cloak.

Hey, watch what your doing, he spoke in a deep mellow voice.

You watch it pastey. We were here first, you leave now!

Yeah....hiccup...mind your karking business punk. The second Rodian pushed Marrik but didn't anticipate his reflexes. Marrik flipped the Rodian over onto the bar and rolled him off the counter-top.

Why you...Guff...huk....The remaining Rodian swung at Marrik, but in quick succession, was countered with a strike to the stomach and the throat. The pair now lay on the deck groaning and whimpering.

@[member="Jace Trent"]

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Jace watched the arrival of the cloaked figure, then returned to his datapad and continued to browse further potentials. His attention was drawn to the bar where he witnessed the Rodians foolishly picking a fight. The figure in the red cloak dispatched them with ease.
Jace was intrigued, finally someone with some skills. He stood up from the bar and started approaching the bar. As he walked, something caught his eye. He noticed the surveillance cameras were moving more than usual...
hmmm, interesting...

Jace put his left hand on the bar and held up two fingers in his right hand.
"Two Carellian ales please. One for me, and one for my new friend here" Turning towards @[member="Marrik Aloxum"], Jace held out his hand.
"The name's Trent, and mister, have I got a proposition for you..."

The large Corellian Cathar entered the bar, sporting his favorite dark brown duster unbuttoned and exposing his breastplate. As he strode through the patrons his duster would flop side to side lightly exposing the ancient DL-44 he had holstered under his left armpit and the chop special, a double barreled blaster carbine, he had holstered to his right leg in a Mare's leg fashion. The big cat also had assorted blades about his person but more noticeably would be the large hunting knife that was homed off the left side of his belt. Could never have enough blades.....

Khull was there on business, more like a interview for a piloting gig on some old boat. Which was ironic, he was once a captain of his own ship and own crew but that all spiraled to dust and here he was, without a ship and with out a job. He saw Captain Trent knowing full well that he was the man he was suppose to meet. Wasn't like Khull was going to meet someone with out doing his homework. It was a testament to the man that the Cathar even showed up, so there was promise in this.

He walked over, past the combatants standing and not with out even batting them a second glance of care. "Captain Trent!" The 6'4" savage looking kitty interrupted "Vi be Khull, herre forr za pilot job" @[member="Jace Trent"]

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Jace had just finished pitching his job opening to his quiet new friend when he heard his name, Jace turned.
Captain has such a nice ring to it...
The owner of the voice belonged to a towering cathar. Potential if Jace ever saw it. Turning briefly to his red cloaked friend.
"I hope you'll consider my offer. If you'll excuse me, my next appointment has arrived. If you come to a decision, I'll be in that booth." @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] He pointed back to the corner he had been occupying.

Turning his attention to the cathar.
"Nice to make your acquaintance Khull, step into my office and we'll go over your qualifications"
He led the way to his corner booth and took his seat. Picking up his datapad, he keyed in Khull's information and scanned it for the highlights. Jace asked some clarifying questions, then came across Khull's criminal record.
"So, Mister Khull, aggravated assault, I like, but tell me about this kidnapping charge?"@[member="Khull"]

Khull took the opposite side of @[member="Jace Trent"], gracefully settling himself onto the seat drapping his duster back and out of the way of his Chopped special. It was a survival instinct for the Cathar to always have clear path to his weapons. In doing so, it exposed the yellow piping that trailed down the leg of his black trouser. Trent being Corellian would know that was the second class Corellian blood-stripe. An honor that the Corellian born Cathar was awarded for his gallantry service in the Tactical Response Team, the good days before he went to jail.

Captain Trent had all the rights to know of his would be pilot's past, you would have to trust the man that was flying your ship for he had your lives in his hands. Still, the inquiry brought up deep scarred feelings that the beast could only snarl at. His face twisted with anger and hurt exposing his fangs for if it were anyone else that was interrogating him about the past would probably be picking chunks of table out of their mouth. To calm himself the big cat lit a cig, inhaling deep as if it was some sort of therapy before releasing. His ice cold feline eyes stared deep into his prospected Captain's hues, as if he was searching the man's soul....... if he himself could trust the human.

""Vi ended career vith CorSec vith big bang. Got my man, brroke many rrules. Did za time. All deserrved vot zay got" He replied, before "Vi did not kidnapp innocent man, if zats vot you'rre vondering?"

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Trent's face was hard as he asked the last question. He had some experience interrogating people due to his time in the Galactic Army. He didn't want to get completely inside off Khull's head, he just wanted to be sure he didn't have a psycho at the helm of his baby.
Jace noticed that he had stroke a nerve, but he also noticed the Corellian blood stripe that ran down Khull's leg. Jace had seen and done many things that he wasn't proud of, but being Corellian himself he knew the kind of person one had to be to earn such a stripe.

Khull's response was through bared teeth, Jace had indeed hit a nerve. But the response was understandable, and Jace felt himself give a slight sigh of relief. He liked this hairy pilot that sat before him. Krull met Jace's eyes with unwavering confidence, a confidence that Jace had no doubt would never waver behind the helm of the "Defiance"
So, Jace gave a solemn nod, then jumped to his feet!
"Perfect! you're hired!" @[member="Khull"]

The angered hurt face dissapeared and a victory grin that still looked angry and toothy appeared. Khull rose with the captain extending his clawed hand out to shake upon the agreement in the only way that honor bounds spacers alike. A simple word of mouth and a shake. "Vi vill not disappoint, Captain!" Khull ensured Jace that his decision to hire him will be well worth the while.

"Vi vill need securrity codes forrr ship, make like home and Landing pad number" Khull demanded letting his grip go just before he inquired about being dismissed from the booth "Unless vi don't starrt vork zis day?" @[member="Jace Trent"]

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
"I know you will" said Jace as he firmly returned the handshake.
This was turning out to be a good day, he had a pilot for sure, and potentially one more crew mate at the bar.

He reached into his pocket, retrieving a datastick and tossed it to @[member="Khull"]
"Here's the codes. Go ahead and make yourself at home. The starboard mate's quarters are open." He winked

"I have some business to finish up here, but we should be blasting off tomorrow morning, sharp"

Veil

@[member="Jace Trent"]

The bathan's datapad beeped to get his attention, showing that he'd just lost more than half of his savings that were now being funneled to a bunch of other poor people within the area. As he looked shocked by this, a lot of those around him starting have hesitated looks about staying near him, the datapad's screen changed. Instead of his banking info it was a chibi picture of a hutt laughing a bellowing chuckle. The batha began ranting to himself about how fraked he was, some of the other criminals laughing at him, their datapads began chiming and showed they were getting the same treatment. All of them knew Veil, the mystery slicer, had struck again.

"Zat vill give me time to settle" Khull replied taking the data-stick before taking his leave. Giving the captain a nod the large cathar moved from the booth and made his way out of the bar, flagging down a taxi that would take him to the landing pad of the Defiance.

Later.....

Khull had found the 'Defiance', a rotund bulk of a ship of ancient design. What in the hells did I sign on too? He thought to himself as he approached her. A job was a job and Khull was well experienced to know that Starships can never be judged by the outside. Its all the insides that count. On his approach his eyes locked onto the view ports of the cockpit, and at that very moment Khull was in love. If he played his cards right, this could be home....... the Captain was Corellian so that was already a plus.

He keyed the security codes into the access port of the landing gear. The belly loading ramp lowered allowing the big cat to step onto it. Moments later Khull entered the ship, taking his time snooping around the first deck which was primarily for cargo. He could of taken the loading ramp up to the second deck and even the third but that was a waste of machinery for just a single person. This is what they built turbo lifts for. Taking the Aft lift Khull had found himself on the second deck using the lift exit to enter the engine room. The heart of the ship, the engine was a thing of beauty......well it will be once Khull had time to tinker with it on Trent's expense. She wasn't Corellian but there was room for modification and enhancements.

From there Khull made his way towards the cockpit, dropping his bag of belongings at the Mate's cabin door, his room. Entering the Cockpit was a thing of beauty, he instantly seated himself in the Pilot's chair, getting a quick feel for her. She felt good, fit like a glove as The savage cat ran though preflgiht checks and diagnostics. She may have been old, but she could still dance..... Now he would just have to wait tell the captain and his crew arrived so he could give her a test flight.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
@[member="Veil"]
A commotion at a nearby table caught Jace's attention. Several patrons were screaming at the datapads in their hands.
What is going on?
Things were escalating quickly. It was only a matter of time before everything would erupt in violence.

Veil

Sure enough @[member="Jace Trent"]'s predictions were right. Soon people started to get angry to the point of looking to each other for some sort of blame. No one knew who or what Veil was. Some said a sentient virus, others some type of super slicer that the Senate created that went on a rampage. But they never knew who or what the species was if it were an actual person. That often lead to people accusing someone nearby. Of course those who started fighting didn't see the camera watching the entire situation while the one behind it sat back in their chair and giggled to herself. The focus did come back to Trent however as he seemed one of the more out of place types than expected in this cantina.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
Instinct told Trent to look up. Again, he saw the security camera's moving, scanning the scene, and then come and rest on him. He couldn't help himself. He held up his right hand and waved to the camera...@[member="Veil"]
Like what you see?

Veil

Seeing that he saw it made the camera pan back to normal. Veil could tell he'd seen her which was fine. It wasn't as if he knew where she was. Though it did make her smirk a little at how coy he acted when he noticed. She started to think if she shouldn't talk to him herself. Considering it long enough made her hack into his datapad, only to leave the message [Want to talk? Meet me in the alley a block from here.]

@[member="Jace Trent"]

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
His datapad flashed with the hacked message. Jace smiled, he loved slicers. They were masters of an art that he could never dream of understanding.
Looking back at the camera, he nodded. He downed his drink and stood up from his table. He stretched then headed toward the door. He stopped briefly to tell the red cloaked figure @[member="Marrik Aloxum"] where the Defiance was docked, then he exited the cantina. The sound of airspeeders could be heard overhead as Jace walked the block and then into the ally. He stood in the middle with his hand on his gun. The slicer wanted to talk, so here he was. That didn't mean he was gonna be defensless...
@[member="Veil"]

Veil

At a nearby ATM a camera watched as @[member="Jace Trent"] approached. Making sure he was alone the ATM's monitor changed into the face of something that looked like a living binary code. When it spoke it was neither male or female voice, as to keep the identity secret. {You know why I called you? because you were the one person in that entire Cantina who looked like he didn't belong. That and for some reason you were talking to a big cat man. Don't know about anyone else, but I call that odd.}

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He laughed aloud. "Not as odd as standing in an ally way talking to a face made of numbers at an ATM"
He moved his hand away from his gun and crossed his arms in front of his chest.
"Nice work in there, you caused quite a ruckus. If you must know, the big cat just became my pilot. I'm the Captain of the Defiance, and I was looking for a crew in there." He pointed back at the cantina.
"and you're right...I don't belong on Coruscant. But sometimes we have to be places we don't always fit into. My name's Jace. What can I do for you, random face?"
He smirked
@[member="Veil"]

Veil

{They call me Veil. But then again so do I. Hehe.} She was giving a little humor, like she always did, just to show him she wasn't the creepy type of slicer most people would think of. {And, I'll be honest, even I could tell you weren't from Courascant. I mean look at you. You'd be spotted as an out of towner before you even passed the moon. Believe me, I've grown up here long enough to know for myself.}

@[member="Jace Trent"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom