Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a cure... on homeworld (NJO)

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Annasari Annasari Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

He was already landed.

He was already settled into a landing bay.

He was already checked in.

He was already in the middle of the Great Hall/Atrium before anyone had even checked in on him.

Maybe it was because none of them noticed.

Maybe it was because this was once his home, so long ago.

Maybe it was because none of them really gave a poodoo.

This was Caltin's home before any of the Jedi here, except maybe Ilias had even been the gleam in their parents' eye. None of that mattered, or w... okay maybe it was relevant now, but only because of the reason as to why he was here. Caltin was here because he needed to go to his old quarters. There was something specific in there that the massive Jedi Master needed to get, and he knew that it would still be in there. That is of course unless the entire section of the facility had been demo'd and rebuilt. Of course, the big guy was tight-lipped about it. Ilias knew, but that was because he had been there when Caltin realized that he needed it. No, he wasn't here trying to be disrespectful to any of the current residents. They were trying to be what they thought the galaxy needed in the Jedi, sure, he knew that they were doing it wrong, but were they? They had so little real leadership, no disrespect towards the current "Warden", "Sword" or "Shield", but there was little evidence of any elders around, other than visitors from time to time. That was a shame really because they really wanted to be something worthwhile.

That was a conversation for another time though as none of them really wanted to hear what he had to say, and frankly, he was not going to spend his time trying to convince them. What the big guy needed though was to look at the layout of the Temple. Sure, he knew where to go, but he needed to see if anything needed to see what might have been done to the place and if he might need to go to the archives. Yeah, he was in a "bathrobe", as they like to call it, so he stood out, but they were his own customs, so it's not like he was tripping over fabric, or itching like he normally would have.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

CORUSCANT JEDI TEMPLE

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

we'll all float on

2sYS5cK.png

Xashe hopped through the temple on one leg ever so carefully. Her progress was wobbly, her balance still needing work. It was an exercise she had thought up to help her training when Creuat Creuat wasn't around, and to fill the boredom left by Takui Takui , as there were no antics for her to follow. She knew she probably looked stupid to the knights who crossed her path, but she couldn't be bothered to care. She was determined to progress no matter how dumb she looked- and it sure beat reading in the library under watchful eyes, again.

Her eccentric form wasn't the only thing that made her stand out. Whilst the older Jedi had opted for their leather and studs, Xashe had settled on her white and gold robe ensemble. It made her feel a bit out of touch with the progressives, but her idealism wasn't lacking. The outfit was simply one she would have worn at home, and old habits died hard.

She rounded the corner of the dormitories, leaning into one side, almost losing it. At the last moment, the mirialan steadied herself. As her focus fell away from the effort required to do so, it hit her. An unfamiliar presence- one tinged with nostalgia and... anger? No, that isn't it. The empath glanced up to see the robed figure. She offered a wide, warm grin to the stranger, before hopping towards him slowly.

"Hi!" She offered on the approach. "I don't think we've met! I'm Xashe- er, I mean Padawan Tistya.

Did you just return from the front?"
She asked with an inquisitive brow. The temple didn't get too many visitors with the important figures away, thus leading her to believe he was one of their own.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

Oh boy, a game of "follow the hopping Mirilian!"

Be nice.

Alright, alright. anyway so the Padawan approached and Caltin lofted an eyebrow at her. There was no anger or anything, but genuine surprise at the girl making her way up and down and up and down...

Really?

I'll stop. So anyway as she gave him an awe-inspired look, Caltin simply smirked and sized her up.

Hi Xashe... er Padawan Tistya. I'm Caltin... er Master Vanagor. I'm afraid that I'm not aware of the "front" you speak of as while I once lived, operated, and worked out of here. I am not a member of the New Jedi Order, at least not this instance of it. I was a long time ago, though.

Actually smiling out of genuine nostalgia, he pointed at the statue of Master Sephidius.

I remember when he was put up right there.

Pointing at the statue of Master Windu. Then a look of surprise.

He was not as mean as people thought he was. Though that painting on the wall is new. Even the guy in the right corner.

A smirk at the "familiar individual" carrying almost an identical lightsaber to the one on his back, Caltin just put his hands on his hips. There was a genuine feeling of pride as he looked around, and up at the ceiling.

ZhUyygm.png

CORUSCANT JEDI TEMPLE

we'll all float on

2sYS5cK.png

Xashe followed his finger, her eyes alight, listening. Never before had she really looked at the statues. The massive forms stared back at her, the wisdom in each line of their face withstanding the ages.
He was not as mean as people thought he was. Though that painting on the wall is new. Even the guy in the right corner.

"Folks rarely are what public opinion makes them out to be." She stated thoughtfully.

A few more moments passed before she pulled her gaze away from the ancient masters, turning it to the one in front of her instead. Her foot lowered to the floor before she spoke.

"It's nice to meet you, Master Vanagor.

You seemed like you liked this place. Did you just come back to visit, or is there something I can help you with?"

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya

For a Padawan, that was actually a cogent answer. Good for her. Anyway, Caltin was still in the middle of looking at the mural, the days that it was depicting were well within his mind. Good memories, almost to the point where the big guy completely missed what she was saying, and asking. Of course, that really was not important because he was actually thinking about the very same thing that the young Mirilian actually brought up, coincidentally.

It's nice to meet you as well, young one, and by all means, do not let your past time stop on my account.

He was of course referring to her hopping up and down on one foot. He was indeed reminiscent of those days, they were a lot simpler. However, they were gone. That didn't mean that he couldn't look back on them fondly though, right?

Actually, young one. A little of both. Just reliving the days of my time, here, as well as get something from my old quarters.

Of course, it had been well over 850 years. There was no way his quarters would remain untouched, but there was the panel he put in the wall. Maybe they did not find it. If they did? Well, he would cross that bridge when he got to it.

ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:

CORUSCANT JEDI TEMPLE
we'll all float on
2sYS5cK.png

"Oh, well in, that case..." A mischevious grin crossed her face as she raised the other leg. "Yeah, I'd be glad to help you, if you're trying to find something. A lot of the quarters have been untouched since I came last year- we don't have many folks to start with, and a lot of them are away, fighting the wars."

There was a twinge of woe in her words. Temple life grew lonely without the knights and masters hanging around. There were always a few, of course- content to watch the padawans and teach. The mirilan, though, was by all means, a communal creature. Her family estate never had a shortage of servants nor other children, be it her siblings or cousins. The lonely existence when other Jedi had duties to attend to was not one that suited her. Pulling away from the melancholy, Xashe turned back to the other Jedi.

"So you're a master, but not for the NJO - do you serve an Order? Or are you one of those wanderers, like Master Quill?" She inquired. She did not know the renowned Jend-ro personally, but had heard the stories of his heroism, and was unphased by the betrayal NJO members had spoken of.

53950.gif

Equipment:

That was a tough question to answer. He had been living with the "Ess Jay Cee" for a while now, but was he one of them? Ever? Perhaps it was because he felt a sense of loyalty or obligation to them for getting him out of the ice and taking him in. Perhaps it was because he was still learning his way through this new universe, perhaps it was a combination of things. Maybe it was something of a temporary situation, but he felt less and less attached to the Silver Rest, not out of resentment or anything, but maybe it was because things were changing. Maybe he was changing, more than he realized.

I guess you could say that I am a bit of a Wayfinder at the moment. He snickered. Though I am not sure that anyone could compare to Master Quill.

Clearly knowing the way, Caltin made his way up the North stairs, he gave one last glance and nonchalant point towards the mural. Though I did serve the "Old" Jedi Order, you might say. I served along with each and every one of those individuals at one point or another.

Okay, now you're just fishing for compliments.

I am not.

Okay, you're trying to stroke your ego.

I am not!

Yeah, right. Anyway, he's pointing at a mural depicting much of the old Jedi, he is in it too. So is Ala Quin Ala Quin , and Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau .

ZhUyygm.png

CORUSCANT JEDI TEMPLE
we'll all float on
2sYS5cK.png

Following his hand once more, her eyes widened at the match. She looked back and forth between the real and the depiction a few times.

"Whoa," The single word was muttered with the awe of the innocent. "So you're like...." Old. That was probably rude.

"Really experienced? The real deal?" As she redirected herself, her tone became filled with giddiness. "That's so cool! Were you in the old battles in the stories?! Oh man, the other padawans aren't gonna believe this."

It seemed almost unreal, walking next to a giant who had lived to see so much. The sense of respect was almost palpable, though Xashe attempted to reign in the excitement, clearing her throat.

"I would be honored if you wanted to share your story, or impart any knowledge, Master Vanagor."

53950.gif

Equipment:

Walking up the winding steps, he smirked at her response. You can say it, I'm "old".

Okay, if his head could get...

HEY!

Beaming, Caltin kept walking, slow enough for the Padawan to keep up, but remembering the path to what was once his quarters, he nodded at her question. Those were oddly enough, fond, memories. There was a war, those times were horrible in a lot of sense, even compared to today, but they were good because you were not alone. You were not going to feel that way either because everyone was of the same mindset. Sure, nowadays the individuality of each sentient was allowed to shine, but Padawans didn't have to ask a Master who they served.

I was in a few of them. This is not something that I'm proud of as we should not look for battle, but I was much like many of your Orders leaders. I took the fight to the Sith on their doorsteps so that nothing would happen on ours.

Then she mentioned how she would be honored in him imparting more stories, and he wondered if that was the right thing to do. Whether he agreed on it or not they had a good thing going here and the big guy did not want to change or redirect anything in her head. Then again, it would be nice to tell "old war stories". It would be a good ego booster.

Oh, come on...

I actually meant that in a good way. Anyway, as they reached what he knew to be the old "Master quarters" but looked to be clearly different now, the massive Jedi Master stopped. You know what? I just might do that, I don't want to impose though.

ZhUyygm.png

CORUSCANT JEDI TEMPLE
we'll all float on
2sYS5cK.png
"No, no, no," She assured quickly. "Not an imposition."

She stopped hopping as the excitement grew. She had seen minor battle, though she figured it was what her master only deemed as safe enough for a fresh padawan. The wars, facing sith, eradicating darkness- she knew hardly anything. She was always left on prosperity. People would say that her value as a natural healer was utmost priority, and she knew they weren't wrong. Yet there was a sting from others catching glory whilst she tended to wounds- and those who returned seemed loathe to speak on their experience from battle. They would teach her the logistics learned, but she craved the thrill that could be found, like in the tales of old her nani had told her.

"I can't wait until I can do it too- take the fight to the sith. It seems childish, but I remember the stories from when I was a kid, and I thought, I want to do good like that. So please, go ahead- as I said, it would be an honor."

53950.gif

Equipment:

Turning a corner and stopping in surprise at the look of the facility he was overseeing, but not really all that surprised at the fact that he had not really been up this way to what was the Master Guardian's Wing was now more of a training center of some sort. It made sense really, the date, the day and the time as a whole had really changed. It was interesting to see the change in the style and technology, but the respect to the architecture as a whole. Master Jerod would love this if he was in front of it. The memory of his mentor, not "Master", but "mentor" in the realm of being a Guardian brought a tinge of loneliness for but a moment. The massive Jedi Master had already made his peace with the fact that all but a few of those he knew "back in the day" were gone generations ago, but it still sucked sometimes.

The phrase from his Master though, the "memories are those we lost just showing up and saying 'hi' to us." It made him smile to himself.

The tone of her excitement brought other feelings he could sense on her. She wanted to fight, she wanted to be the "hero" but really only knew a part of what the word meant. There was a way to do this without bringing her down. Okay, first story... let's see. Oh yes. I remember the day I was on Corellia with a group of Green Jedi. They were engaging two young Sith, the twist was, one of them was Corellian and only here to visit the burial site of her recently deceased mother. The other one was here just to keep her company. They really did nothing wrong or anything to anyone, but the Green Jedi, young themselves were overly aggressive. They wanted to kill the Sith whose only crime was who they are. They weren't even Sith yet, but Acolytes.

I remember sensing their connection, they probably couldn't even levitate anything yet.

Anyway, I remember those Green Jedi started arguing with me when I questioned why they were being so aggressive. They started to square up on me, and one even tried intimidation. One of them was an Elementalist, he tried to throw spikes of ice at them, as he had yet to build his own lightsaber, and when I went to stop him, he threw them at me.

He nodded.

I was blinded for a good month as he and four of the twelve of them ran off. Saw him years later, he demanded to be called "Darth Aricsias." I faced him, and three of the other four that day. Offered them each a chance to surrender, but unfortunately had to take them all down.

It was centuries ago, but the memory still made him shake his head almost in disgust.

It's a shame. Anyway, I don't think I would have been able to do that if not for the healers who not only kept me alive but were able to give me new cybernetic eyes.

Looking down at her with a grin as he changed the color of his ocular implants from their normal electric blue, to green, to yellow, to orange, to gray, to hazel and back to blue, he made his point. They were the heroes that day.

As they reached what would have been his quarters, but now looked more to be the office of another Master, Caltin stopped and she understood. Being a "hero" is more than just fighting.

ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom