Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Distance Calls

Borleias
[member="Kira Talith"]

Aela fiddled with the holo-call Machine that Kaili had set up for her earlier, punching in the code that their mother had given them before departing for the Rishi maze. She frowned slightly as she looked at the small piece of paper, then looked back up at the terminal.

It was a simple thing, just a projector that would show her mother or fathers hologram and then a camera that would display her own image.

Of course what didn't show was that the machine was hooked up to a massive satellite dish that was located on the other side of the island. The dish would send a signal strong enough to reach the Rishi Maze, or so Kaili had told her. Aela wasn't exactly sure if it was true or not, but at this point she just wanted to talk to her mom.

She frowned slightly and then pressed the button.

There was a certain eagerness on her face. She hadn't talked to her mother in quite some time now, and with everything that had happened...Jamie, Jacen, the cruise ship. She had doubts about the Order, and with all those changes...she just needed to talk to her mom. Finally there was a slight bit of static, a faded image as the call went through.

"Mom?" Aela asked through the machine.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
[member="Aela Talith"]

There was a little bit of static, but a familiar but excited voice would reply back.

"Hey kiddo?!!" It was Aela's mother. Her petite figure was displayed as if she was sitting on a chair. From the looks of it, it was the main bridge of the Freya. That made sense as it was where the most powerful comm technology lay at. It was like looking at an older vision of what Aela might become. The blonde color of her hair had faded a bit, and there were some silver streaks through the gray, but Kira's face was ever warm, inviting, and full of good humor.

Their only difference may very well be their height and the color of their eyes, but there was no doubt Aela was here own. And of course being a mother, she did that mothering thing.

"Wow this is great! It works! Well of course it works, Nohei had a part in it-" shevwas clearly also talking to her husband. Conversations had a tendency of being communal.

"Oh but you look so good Esmae!" Kira beamed, enjoying the clarity of the long distance call.

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Thanks mom." Aela said with a slight smile.

Part of her wanted to immediately jump into her own situation, fearful that the connection would somehow break or cut off. Doing so wouldn't have been very polite though, with her mother clearly excited about just talking to her. Briefly she wondered if her mother had talked to Kaile or anyone else as of late, though she somewhat doubted it given all the trouble that Nohei had gone through to set up this terminal in the first place. Her lips thinned for a moment then she shook her head.

"How's your trip?" She asked. "Did you find anything interesting yet?"

There was a clear interest in her voice.

Before they talked about her problem she did want to know if her parents had found anything.

The Rishi Maze was uncharted territory, and some of the....novels she read sometimes 'detailed' information about lost planets and great hordes of treasure. They were flights of fancy of course, she knew that, but still the connection was there in her mind.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Welp, that was a rather two sided question. By her mother's expression, it was easy to see that it wasn't an easy question to answer. Kira none the less kept her cheer, adding, "Interesting." Those bright blue eyes of her gleamed.

"Your father has been getting us into no small amount of trouble." There was an audible sound behind her going, "That was all you dear." It was Aela's father.

A chuckle and a shake of her head, "But we are having fun." A pause came then, the clarity of the connection allowing the Lorrdian to see her daughter a bit more clearly. A touch of the rise of her brow came next. She was after all, her mother and knew when things weren't exactly right.

"Are you okay?"

[member="Kira Talith"]

She fidget for a moment.

Would her mother be disappointed? Kira had always been a part of the Jedi Order, even while raising her and her siblings. Aela knew that a piece of her mother had always wanted at least one of her children to follow in her foot steps, and Aela had been that one. Now that she was thinking of leaving...a frown pulled on her lips. "I..."

She broke off, a bit of static slipping through the comm-line.

"I'm alright, but..." She wasn't physically injured or anything, she wanted to make that clear. "I've been thinking about leaving the New Jedi Order."

The words came quiet as a mouse.

The transceiver would barely be able to pick them up, and Kira would be able to hear the small amount of shame that came from Aela as she spoke.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

Now there was a widening in her mother's eyes at that. It wasn't in judgement, just surprise. Off to the side Aela would be able to see the slight flagging down gesture Kira had made. It had been done to gain Devin's attention. Much like last time when Aela had come to them to say she wanted to go undercover, he stood quietly listening in.

Hearing Esmae say she was considering leaving the Jedi Order was news. Aela had always been a child who sought justice, but in a manner that had concerned both Devin and she. Their eldest had thrown herself into it, and for a while they'd both been concerned that she would make it her entire focus her whole life.

However, there was more to this than just the thought of leaving. Kira wanted to probe deeper.

"What happened, honey?" She inquired.

[member="Kira Talith"]

"I'm tired." She said quietly.

It was harder to admit that to her mother than it had been to say it to Jacen or Jamie. She wasn't sure why that was. Maybe she was ashamed, maybe she felt like...maybe she felt like she should have done better for her parents.

Though her father would likely be ecstatic.

"I'm just tired, mom." She sounded like it too. "I thought moving away from the front lines would help...After Coruscant I started working for the Alliance's intelligence service...but...it's not any better."

Aela looked down at her feet. "I'm just tired."

It was important to remember that Aela was still only in her mid-twenties. She was young, and much of her life had been spent fighting a battle that by all rights...would likely never come to an end.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

"Oh kiddo," Kira began, her face softening in compassion and concern. This was really bothering Esmae. She was able to read it through her body language, her tone, and in the way she kept her eyes downcast.

"It's okay to be tired. You are only human." A slight upward quirk of the right corner of her mouth, " well almost... . But you have thrown yourself into doing what is right with the New Jedi Order for years now." Kira knew exactly where her daughter was coming from.

"Then take some time to rest." It was really rather simple for Kira. "You don't have to make the New Jedi Order your entire life. Do something else. Help in whatever way you can. I did the same," she gave her daughter another encouraging smile.

"You are a talented young woman, you still have so much to live for. To do. " Kira took Devin's hand into her own. " We just want you to find joy in your life. To live. However way you see fit that you think is best. That could be in the Jedi Order, in the Academy, on your own terms, the Service Corps or anything really. "

[member="Kira Talith"]

She frowned for a moment, listening to the words of her mother.

Aela stayed quiet for the longest time. She didn't really know what to say. Her mother was right of course, and it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders just hearing that she would be okay with Aela doing away with her Jedi Work for a while. For some reason Aela had thought she would be disappointed, sad at the very least. The eldest daughter didn't know why, but she shook her head for a few moments until she heard another voice ring out over the comm.

"Or quit."

The words unmistakably came from her father.

A small smile touched her lips as he heard him speak. "I..."

She honestly didn't know.

"I think I have to think about it." Aela said quietly. "It's not an easy decision...I have a padawan now, though I don't think she'd mind all that much if I left...she's not really a part of the Order, not fully."

Kira Talith

Kira managed to boop sol with her hand at his sudden 'Or quit'. Sometimes her husband lacked in empathy, but he meant well. He was far more direct and the entire family knew that he wasn't keen on any Jedi Order -- even if Kira was still very much a part of it. Her role had shifted more to teaching the past decade, and the Jedi wouldnt at all be surprised if he would have preferred if Kira had simply quite

"You've a long life ahead of you. Figuring out what you want to do and taking a break isn't a bad idea." It would certainly help with worrying about her daughter being in one battle to the next.

"If you like, I could talk to the Head Master of the Jedi Academy? If you have a padawan you could simply travel from one academy to the next and explore a bit? " Kira doubted that Esme wanted to completely quit, she was too tied to the path of needing to do good. But it wasn an olive branch for her to consider.

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Maybe." She frowned for a moment. Would the Jedi Academy change things? How she taught Jamie? Jamie was her student, but more than that she was her friend. Their relationship would stay the same even if Aela left the Order completely, though her mother was right in that she didn't really want to quit completely.

"Yeah." She nodded.

The idea didn't seem like a bad one.

"Yeah." Aela repeated. "I think that would be good."

Perhaps the Jedi Academy was what she needed. Maybe it would give her some time to rest and relax, plus she could still do good. For so long she had been considered nothing but...a combat Jedi. The title was well deserved, she'd fought in a dozen battles and won most of them, but maybe it was time to change that.

With the Jedi Academy she could do good, but without all the fighting.

Kira Talith

Kira saw right away the change within her daughter's expression. The tension seemed to ease and fall away from her shoulders. OOh such shoulders that had born such a heavy weight for so long. Yes, the Jedi Academy would do her well. They had several different sites and each Jedi House Academy had their own interesting bits of knowledge that both Aela and her padawan may be able to enjoy.

It wasn't strict either. It was a venue for learning and developing, an experience that Aela knew well growing up. Kira had often taken the children to the various academies during her time teaching. Yavin VI had been the most visited, so Aela knew already how it worked.

"Okay, I will contact the Head Mistress for you. " Kira replied, giving her daughter an encouraging smile. Devin wasnt happy, Kira could tell. He would have preferred if Esmae simply quit. However, even he could tell that this was a good compromise. Their daughter was young. She still had much to live for. To experience. She would find her place in the galaxy later on in life.

For now, Aela needed to stand still and rest.

[member="Kira Talith"]

Aela looked up at the image of her mother.

Briefly she wondered just how long they would be away. In theory they could spend years, entire decades simply cruising through the Rishi Maze doing whatever they pleased. The place was an entire Satellite galaxy, there was no end to the planets they could find, the systems they could explore, the trouble they could get in. She hoped that they wouldn't stay away that long, She hoped that eventually she'd be able to see them again, only because she missed them.

"Okay." She said with a slight smile.

At least her mother had given her an out, that was something. "I'll be here for a few days. Nohei is coming over."

Aela told her mother.

"So you can call me back any time." Knowing Kira she was likely keeping track of exactly what time it was on Borleias at all times, meaning she wouldn't be calling in the middle of the night. Her mother was the type to always put everyone else first.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

If there was one thing that the entire Talith family would be sure of, is that Kira would do her best to stay in contact with her children. Constant comm calls back when she was on Boreleias were not unheard of. They might not be every day with how the kids enjoyed traveling or due to some mission, but Kira made sure to call them every few days or leave a message to tell them she missed them and loved them very much. And to be safe.

Even the Force couldn't stop the Lorrdian from being a worry wart.

"Oh that's nice!" A bit more joyful, Kira's expression was pleased. She enjoyed seeing her girls together. If only Maleah would do the same. She'd been off on her own most of the time now.

"You planning on doing anything or just relaxing?"

[member="Kira Talith"]

"Relaxing." Aela told her mother.

That was why she was here on Borleias. Most of her days back in the Alliance were filled with "doing stuff' she was tired of it. For once Aela wanted to just sit on a couch and relax, maybe sleep for half a day, eat some food.

Do simple things she didn't often get to do.

"I dunno." She said with a shrug. "I guess we'll see when she gets here."

Aela hadn't really seen Nohei in what felt like forever. Her little sister had come to visit her once or twice at the Jedi Temple on Sullust, but ever since she'd been working with the SIS it simply hadn't been all that easy for any of them to meet up. She hoped that this would be good for them, knowing that Nohei had been through in the past.

She was still an older sister after all.

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

It was great to hear that Esmae and Nohei would be spending time together. It allowed her to alleviate some of the concern Kira had about leaving the children behind. While Devin and she were enjoying their vacation - pirates excluded - Kira couldn't help but worry. They may take a few months or maybe a year before they came back. Likely the former rather than the latter. Kira wasn't the sort of mother to stay away from her children too long.

"That's good." Her smile grew wider. "try not to make too much of a mess of the kitchen." She teased. Nohei took after Devin when it came to cooking a meal, so she was sure they would be fine. But it was nice to tease and joke around.

"Have you heard from Draith?"

[member="Kira Talith"]

She shook her head.

"Not recently." She would have to fix that though. "I was going to give him a call soon."

She needed a favor from him, and...well she felt bad about not having spoken to him in such a long time. Out of all of her siblings Draith had a way of getting on her nerves, but she still loved him as much as she loved any of her other siblings.

"Maybe I'll do it with Nohei." That would be good.

Aela smiled slightly, and then perked up.

"I did speak with Maleah." She used her sisters given name instead of family name. "She was headed to Voss to talk to some of the Gormak there. Apparently they're a rather unique folk."

Kira Talith

Now that was some bit of news. Voss? Silver Jedi territory.

"Gormak?" Her experience with Voss had been rather limited. There were a few Jedi Masters that had made Voss their home. However, she knew the history.

"Well.I am sure she is enjoying herself. It has been a while since I've talked to her." A small shift and then the older woman gave a glance up. Seeing Devin there, Kira gave a chuckle.

"Here, I'll let you speak with your father for a bit." Otherwise she would talk Aelas's ear off. Kira was also sure he wanted to talk with Esmae as well.

[member="Kira Talith"]

Aela nodded. "Bye Mom."

The talk with her father went about as one would expect. Their conversation was quick, warm, but quick. He began with a few short words on his opinion of the Jedi Order followed up by the notion that if she was going to stay she should be made Grand Marshall, bu the subject was quickly dropped in favor of talking about where exactly the two of them were headed. Aela followed up with a few quick questions about what exactly they had been up to in the Rishi Maze, knowing that her father would more easily divulge things about dangerous situations than her mother.

A few times she saw Kira's tiny hand jutt out to smack her father, admonishing him for either embellishing the story or letting slip some detail about how they had been put into danger. Her mother meant well, but would hide all sense of threat from her children for as long as she could.

It was her way.

"Alright Kiddo, well this connection is straining our sensors and we still have pirates to run for, so your mother will call you after she rings the Headmistress."

Aela nodded. "Okay dad."

There wasn't really much else to say. She had gotten 'permission' from her mother, and now that she'd decided on that...well things seemed a little bit easier. It was like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, like she could breath again.

"I love you guys." Aela continued. "Come back soon."

Kira Talith

[member="Aela Talith"]

"We love you to." Kira's face softened with the love and affection that spread across her face. Esmae may be the oldest, but she was still her baby. Her first child. Didn't matter how old she was, Esmae would always be her daughter and her well being paramount.

"I'll send you word on the academy once I receive it. Take care. Give my love to Nohemi." She blew a kiss and gave a slight wave.

"And may the Force be with you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom