Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Living In Color

Living In Color
Codex Judge

toppng.com-color-splash-png-1169x587.png

"<You're going there again? You sure you can even find your way?>" It was the usual conversation that filled the entrance of the run down apartment building in the slums. A kindly older Rodian stood by the door, cane in hand. Leaning against it comfortably. His days were usually this, sitting in the doorway, watching the people as they went by. Remembering days long since passed. He, like many in the building, knew everyone in their shared home. They took care of one another where they could. Looked out for one another. They were family, in their own way.

There was one though that they all kept a closer eye on. Not because they didn't trust them. A calm smile spread over the young woman's face as she nodded once, twice. Answering both questions. "Yes, I made sure to mark the direction this time." Iris. A kind soul who often didn't know where she was or where she was going. Too free spirited to even be worried about such a thing. It was that attitude that left many worried about her. The Rodian smiled nervously in response, nodding his head.

"<Alright. Try to be back by nightfall. Charlie in 202 is hosting a dinner for everyon- No, you have to go the other way.>" And, as always, she went the wrong direction with that carefree smile on her face. the elder let out a sigh before lifting his cane to point at a nearby building. "<That way, dearie.>"

"Oohh. Right." She paused in the doorway, looking to the building before turning to give the man a thumbs up. "I'll be back soon!"

A nervous chuckle escaped the man. No, usually she wasn't. "<Just be safe!">" He called out to her as she wandered through the alley before slumping back in his seat. He'd likely have to send one of the others after her, soon. Ah well.

MadC-Untitled1.jpg

Iris hummed as she continued to spray down the paint of her latest project. She'd learned at a young age that the color she saw in the world she saw alone. Ultraviolet and infrared. That's what she was told the colors were. But even then, there were too many for it just to be two additional colors. It flowed and swelled around people. She learned it matched emotions, not too long ago. Like a mood ring. When someone was angry or excited, red. Someone was sad or solemn, blue. Calm, green. The list went on, and the colors it painted through the otherwise grey colored slums let her see the beauty they had.

So she started to paint. Small at first. Portraits of people she saw on the streets to show them the colors. Then, on the sides of buildings. Like now. A large mural of interwoven colors. If they couldn't see it, she could at least be a bridge to the beauty that surrounded them. The sun had already started to set in the distance as she neared finishing her art. Pain stains covered her clothing and hands. Hair. But she didn't seem to mind it. Instead, she just stared up at the mural, taking a step back.

"There."

When the times arrived where Viera wasn’t being dragged or called somewhere, she opted to explore. Just pick a planet she hadn’t ever visited, and set off. Thus, Viera found herself leaving the Jakku Enclave in her ship and heading off into the galaxy. Her pick this time was a seemingly nondescript planet, certainly not a Corellia or Coruscant. No history that had claimed a spot on the galactic stage, just another little sphere of life in an ever expansive galaxy.

In her years travelling with her old Master, the Thyrsian had come to learn a lot about the smaller planets in the galaxy. Everything and everyone had a history, something that might be similar to one another, but there were always the little differences. Be it a tribe or the denizens of another city slums.

That was where Viera found herself today. Cloaked with a hood keeping herself concealed, she wandered around watching as people went about their day, families surviving and individuals coming together to help one another. When a city’s government failed their people, it was when their humanity truly shone.

But could also be what pushes them to extremes.

Fortunately however, her experiences had been good. As much as that could be considered in the slums. She had stumbled across an apartment complex, where an elderly Rodian was. Viera watched from afar initially, noting that practically every person that went in and out was known by the Rodian, and vice versa. Interest piqued, the Thyrsian introduced herself.

A conversation was stuck, Viera learned about some of the building’s occupants, the history of the area and someone of particular worry to the elderly Rodian. A young girl by the name of Iris had wandered off; as was usual for her it seemed. He was worried she’d get lost again, and the Thyrsian didn’t hesitate to offer her assistance. When she asked what to follow, the man simply stated ‘just follow the art’. Viera wasn’t quite sure what he meant, but quickly did as she searched.

It led her to an impressive sight. A large mural of colours, intricately painted across the large expanse of a wall. Part of her questioned how this was done by one person, but as her gaze fell upon the artist in question, she found her answer.

You have a wonderful eye for colour.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

"There's a lot of color around us. I just paint what I see." Iris hadn't looked away from her mural, seeming to inspect it. Wanting to see if she'd missed something. Wanting to make sure it was perfect. Well, as perfect as she could get it. Nothing was truly perfect. Eventually she turned her head to Viera Viera , watching the woman. The colors were far more vibrant around her. Why was that? She cocked her head to the side before deciding it didn't exactly matter.

"What do you feel as you look at this?" She motioned to the art as she once more looked it over. "I'm always curious what people feel. That's it's purpose." The young woman was quite soft spoken, and seeming uncaring of the still fresh pain she was running through her hair as she slipped her hand through it to pull her hair out of her eyes. Then started to tap her cheek, leaving dots of blue all along it.

"I think it feels warm."

Viera looked amused as she took in the state of Iris Arani. It certainly wouldn’t take a detective to figure out who had done the painting, given the state the young girl was in. Hair matted with various colourful paints, looking nonplussed about getting her hand covered as she ran it through her locks.

It did bring a smile to her face though, immediately seeing a free spirit in someone so young. Although in that same process of thought, she frowned. Knowing what the horrors of a war could do to someone whose mind was so carefree.

The Thyrsian raised an eyebrow at Iris’ question, stepping forwards to take a closer look at the freshly painted mural.

She noted the wide mix of colours, some blended well together, while others were distinct next to another. There was something about it that clicked in Viera’s mind, but she couldn’t quite reach it initially.

Wasn’t until she took a mental step back, and took in the mural as a whole, that she finally understood.

It reminded her of the group; the team she fought alongside with. Viers, Aeris, Dagon, Violet and Kaska. Some melded together well, others less so. But at the same time they were able to stand side to side when it mattered.

Unity. I feel a sense of unity when looking at it.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

"Unity. .. Huh." Iris actually looked plenty surprised by the idea. The thought hadn't crossed her mind in the slightest. Yet as she looked at what she'd drawn with that idea of unity, well. She could certainly see it. A soft smile formed as she nodded, reaching up to touch a shade of blue. "Everyone has their colors. Did you know that? It's.. Something I guess I'm able to see. You're weird though."

She turned her head to look back to Viera Viera , seeming to look around the Jedi rather than directly at her.

"Yours is.. Light. I've never seen light."

The Thyrsian smiled as she watched the short range of emotions that Iris went through. First with surprise, then curiosity as she contemplated her answer. Iriss was definitely the curious time, willing to explore and learn about new things, whether it be about herself or those around her.

Hmm...does she have some kind of innate empathy? Or are the colours something else?

Viera had a number of questions whirling about in her head, but very few answers to them. Let’s see if she could find some of them.

I will answer your question, with a question of my own.” She had to hold back her desire to chuckle, knowing the context would be missed by the young Iris. Her old Master used the same thing years ago, infuriating a young Viera whenever she wanted answers.

How long have you been able to see the colours?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

"For as long as I can remember. Apparently I can see more than humans do, but these colors.. They're very different from the colors I'm told I can see." Yeah, that's what she was told when she was young. Really young. Most didn't understand what it was she could see. Not that it bothered her of course. That's why she painted. If they couldn't see them, well.

She turned one last time to look at the mural, a soft smile on her lips. This was another project done. And already she could see another wall in the corner of her eye that could use some paint. Iris was tempted to start there immediately, but paused to look up at the sky.

"Do you know what time it is? I think I might be late to something important."

Viera’s thoughts immediately wandered towards the Force, pondering if the young Iris had developed an innate connection to it at a young age. Much like any youngling, but perhaps it had formed into a unique trait?

The other possibility was that it was something specific to her species. Albeit, at a simple glance Iris appeared like any other human in the galaxy. But that certainly didn’t rule things out, as numerous humanoid races had specific traits.

Like the more subtle K’paur, who could become debilitated by extreme temperatures. Or the more apparent, like the Miraluka who were born without eyes, which in turn gave them an innate talent for Force Sight.

The question was, which was Iris? Or was she a bit of both? Fortunately, Viera had a font of knowledge she could contact. She just had to remind herself to message Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec , provided she didn’t get her answers before her time here was over.

Viera was drawn from her musings by Iris’s question. The Thyrsian smiled slightly, nodding. “It’s getting quite late, and I do believe a ‘Charlie in two-zero-two’ is making dinner for everyone.” She took a few steps away, before turning slightly to look back at Iris. “Come on, I’ll lead the way.

And as they began to walk, Viera asked her first question. “Tell me Iris, beyond your ability to see colours. Has there been anything else? Like say...moving objects without touching them?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

"Ah, I am late them. Aww." Iris's vision fell for a moment as the realization settled in. Charlie likely would be worried now. Was that why Viera Viera had come by? That wasn't the first time people of her apartment sent someone to find her. The young woman set down her paint, nodding once. At least this stranger was willing to help her home.

"Moving objects without touching them?" She tilted her head, pausing to think. Had she? "I'm not sure. I think I've grabbed my brush when it fell once. Is that bad?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom