Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live and Let Die

The streets of Coronet city were filled with civilians walking back and forth. Constantly entering and exiting buildings, and creating happy memories with family and friends. Javir strode through the large crowds with the hood of his robes raised. The constant droning on of the people surrounding him did nothing but cause irritation, and everywhere he looked he saw children with their parents enjoying their time. Waves and surges of envy filled Javir as he watched them, but was quickly extinguished by the positive memories he had of his parents. It was't fair for him to be angry at the children. Admittingly he had more time with his parents then most. It was the way they died though that angered Javir so.

Sighing Javir turned redirected his attention to the store windows as he strolled past. They seemed to have everything he could ever need. weapons, speeders, clothes, however no starships. A starship was the main reason Javir had came to Corellia. After selling the homestead back on Concord Dawn Javir had a sufficient amount of credits to his name, but it would be more cost efficient to get a speeder of his own. "you win some and you lose some I guess." Javir said to himself as he entered a nearby cafe where he ordered a cup of coffee. Sitting near the window Javir was able to look out and see the thousands of people that wandered through the open air mall.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

From overhead, Kiskla had appreciated the rich view of the planet of Corellia.
She knew the attitudes here, the people were cocky and libertine. Something that irritated her. Possibly because certain elements of their culture reflected directly with her own personality, and we all know opposites attract. She was basically setting herself up for failure.
Nevertheless, the planet had spawned some of the galaxy's most remarkable figureheads; including Republic heroes Han Solo and Wedge Antilles.

Visiting a planet with rich, Republic heritage in a time of impending war could never do any harm. Who knew. Maybe she'd just stumble across a soldier vying for an out.

That rich overhead view was paralleled with the populated, developed streets of Coronet city. The youth was working up an appetite with her roaming (as she often did doing just about anything) and decided now was the opportune time to satisfy whatever cravings had developed. The lithe figure walked with an air of confidence as she wove amongst the throngs of shoppers. A distinct smell caught her attention, and she peeled from the crowds, intrigued by the aroma.
With the overwhelming scent of caf (which she'd conveniently neglected that morning) came an underwhelming thickness of a brooding attitude. While she paid the barista, her senses searched the caf for the heavy Force presence.

There was a clunk of china against the countertop and Kiskla nodded thanks to the vendor.
With caf in tow, the Master walked in the direction of the source and to the seat adjacent to the Force user.

"This seat taken?"
Not that it mattered. She'd sit wherever she pleased.

@[member="Javir Strilla"]

Javir had no clue why but he felt weird while just sitting in a cafe and doing absolutely nothing. He had made his father a promise yet here he was resting and drinking a cup of liquid. A increasing anger built in Javir, but aimed at himself. He had been mere seconds from leaving the cafe when someone spoke to him. Turning around from beneath his hood Javir examined the women and had to admit she was quite attractive though probably a few years his senior. She obviously rivaled him when it came to height which had to out her at about 5'10. "Even if I wanted to stop you I wouldn't have been able to do it." Javir said as he pulled down his hood as to not be rude.

Javir's eternally tan skin was open to the air and so was his close cut black hair which still was somehow able to look like a bad case of bed head. "So are you a local? I think this planet is just magnificent. It's been through so much and it always prevails. Maybe people should try and be more like it" Javir said as he drank the last bit of his caf before calling over a waitress and ordering one more cup along with some biscuits. Pushing the bread and butter to the middle of the table Javir offered the women some.

Kiskla grinned at his obliging attitude and sidled her skinny frame onto the spare seat, setting down her caf in front of her as he spoke.

Woah, that was heavy.

"You're a very deep thinker." Kiskla commented coyly, lifting the china to her lips before taking a sip "Let me have my caf first, then we can discuss the way persons ought to be." The Master bought herself sometime by sipping the bitter, black liquid before setting it down primly.

"And no, I'm not a local." Kiskla was most definitely not a local. Prior to her temporary abdication of the throne, she had been a native to Kiffu, with temporary residency on Naboo. Now, however, she spent a good measurement of time between Coruscant and Tython, going wherever the Order deemed it necessary. "It's a little too cocky for my tastes." The blonde added in, catching the accusatory glance of someone who was indeed local. What? They were infamous for that trait. "I guess that's to say the confident always make it through." Kiskla shrugged idly, before adding "Thank you." to his offer of biscuits. Food? She was never going to turn that down.

"I'm supposing you're not from here, so what brings you to Corellia?"

"I wouldn't call it deep thinking. Just more of the lines of analyzing and trying to implement. I wish I had the guts that most of the citizens here had. Their attitude is indeed the reason why they man still perspire." Looking into his cup of caf Javir saw his reflection and began to not even recognize himself anymore. Looking over at the people who had stared at the women Javir slightly chuckled. "I don't think its to smart to upset the locals. Last thing we need is a showdown in a cafe."

Grabbing a biscuit for himself Javir gnawed on it for a few seconds before he actually ate it. He had a habit of taking small tastes of food since he had once been drugged. "No I'm not local, at first I came here looking for a ship, but now I'm just not to sure anymore. I don't have a real goal to my life yet just traveling and gathering what knowledge I can. So why are you here? "

People always prevailed. The Jedi, always prevailed, despite the odds. There were always feats throughout the galaxy, she didn't see any reason to give any extra credit to the Corellians.

"It'd hardly be a show." Kiskla murmured, hardly audible. With a snap of her fingers, those that had given her discerning looks could easily be rendered paralyzed. A spectacle, perhaps, but hardly a show.

"A ship? To go where?" Kiskla asked curiously, acutely tuned to prying information out of people when given nuggets to do so. "Were you looking for something along the lines of a YT-1300?" A smirk crossed her pouted lips. She was being snide, of course, jesting at his admiration of the Corellians.

"So you're a knowledge vacuum." Kiskla nodded sagely. She'd never really been one of those, instead she chose to fly by the seat of her pants instead of seeking out opportunities. She just opened the door to them when they knocked. Hence her current seat on the Jedi Council. It was an unorthodox situation, most likely undeserved, but, they had offered and she had obliged. "What is it you seek to learn?"

"Oh, just recruiting perhaps." Kiskla shrugged, glancing out the window at the passersby as she took another sip, letting the suggestion linger.

Javir could hardly hear the women's comment about what would happen but if she said what he thought she did she had quite a ego on herself as well. "You know I haven't really thought of my next destination, and if i could get one for cheap you better believe I would buy it." Javir said countering her teasing. "My quest for knowledge is about more than just the physical, I want to know the metaphysical as well. I want to know all that's possible about the force. Yea I know that if I was talking to a Jedi they'd probably tell me to stay within the bounds of the light. Yet I think the the dark side can be used to bring about the greater good just as well as the light. It's just making sure you don't loose yourself. If my parents could come back from the brink I think anyone can."

Memories of growing up on Concord Dawn flooded Javir's mind. The way his parents used to sit there and watch him play out in the wheat fields. How they used to have dinners together and how they enjoyed their time. A tear fell from Javir's eye and landed in his caf without him even knowing. "Hmm what are you recruiting for?"

My my this boy's tongue was unguarded. Talking about the darkside and the lightside at leisure, without any consideration of to whom he may be speaking?
Well, she was in fact a Jedi, and from experience she would tell @[member="Javir Strilla"] to stay within the bounds of the Light. But not in so many words.

And he was emotional. Kiskla exposed this apathetically, tapping her cheek "You've got a lot of pent up something, don't you? You think exploring will find the answers you're looking for?" She disregarded the question he had asked her and instead probed in sensitive areas as she so often did. More answers often came from that, and with answers came realizations.

Or rather, she would answer. Simply, though. "Heroes."

Thinking on the womens question Javir drained his caf. "Of course I do, knowledge is power. YEs to much can be just as bad as to little, but I think it best to learn as much as I can. Maybe once I obtain enough knowledge I'll understand the galaxy as a whole instead of only little fragments." Javir said not telling her the real reason he wanted all that knowledge, but he hadn't told a lie either. The goal he spoke of was still in his mind, but more at the bottom of the list.

As she said heroes Javir froze and his hand began to shake. Had he just told all of this to a jedi? Maybe she was just a recruiter for the military trying to feed him lies about glory. However deep in his mind JAvir knew what she was. "Am I a potential candidate?" He asked bluntly

"Everyone's a potential candidate." Kiskla commented, finishing off the biscuit and taking a complementary sip of caf. His body language revealed his understanding, and Kiskla noted his sudden interest. Nevertheless, his explanation of his want for knowledge was still unsatisfying. Everyone had a curiosity, but people still had a path and a purpose.

"It's always wise to consider which outlets you're learning from." Kiskla commented "And how well they align with your purpose. If you don't have a purpose, no matter how much you're learning, you're still only grasping at fragments."

She rested an elbow against the table, and her cheek against her palm, looking at him pointedly. "Do you have a purpose, and if not a purpose, a name?" Neither of them had exchanged credentials up to this point.

"I'm sure not everyone isn't a potential candidate." Javir said catching the obvious lie. The Jedi would never take one of the Sith Masters into their order. "What you say is true, but one thing I've learned is that fragments can always be placed back together to make something even more magnificent." Javir said countering her argument or so he thought. "Yes I do have a purpose but it is one that I save for people I know a bit better, though my name is open to most. You can call me Javir. May I have your name? It's only fair." Javir said to the women.

Ah, but even Sith Masters had points of redemption.

"You've yet to find that in your searchings, then." In the end, they all operated on the Force's whim, personal discretions aside. The true difference between Sith and Jedi, despite which elements of The Force they chose to utilize, was that The Sith cared little for other's perceptions. Doctrines from both sects encouraged their warriors to be stronger, the Sith's quest was selfish whereas the Jedi strove to be stronger for the defenseless.

And the Sith legends had their heroes, as much as the Jedi had theirs.

"Perhaps, but imagine your learnings directed to one goal. Working as a unified Force. When you have a focus, you can be a weapon for whatever you believe in, Javir." She used his name to confirm that she had heard @[member="Javir Strilla"], before offering her own.

"Life's not fair, but I am. My name's Kiskla."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom