Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linked Technology

Fiolette Fortan

F
All of my submissions under the new 4.0 template have been constructed in a similar manner (Stormcloud II, Raptor II, Dagger II, and Fortan II). I am now being asked to explain all of my listed defenses and linked tech whereas in my previous submissions using the same template, no such explanation was requested. Is this a new requirement or is this a single submission request? I would like this clarified so I know what is expected of everyone in the future as using precedent, the requirements being imposed here seem inconsistent and I would like to know how to construct my submissions in the future.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

When one uses many links, it is important to list the strengths of those advanced systems along with the weaknesses. This is so that it can provide a full picture on just what sort of factory submission you are trying to submit.

Do you have plenty of stealth links? Ensure that you notate that the ship is highly capable to stealth and how those special features provide a bonus.

Do you have a large plethora of ewar links? Ensure that it is notated on just what those ewar links can do to give you a bonus.

What if you have a ship that is slow, but one advanced system actually gives you a speed boost.. but you do not have it anywhere stated that it does. It is merely a link.

See how it can quickly turn into a black hole?

When one starts making a submission with a plethora of links, the FactoryJudges have to go through all of them to ensure balance and fairness. In this same token being sure that it is upfront on what these advanced systems can do provides a broader, big picture.

The more links you give out, the more we are curious just what exactly you are trying to create as your end goal -- thus the more scrutiny it comes under.

Under my advisement, factory judges are requested to ensure that all strengths and weaknesses of the submission are clearly stated. This includes any links to chaos or canon tech that goes beyond your standard ship equipment as per the Factory rules:
  • All submissions should reflect the strengths and weaknesses of their materials and components for transparency, balance, and fair play.
If there has been inconsistency in overviewing this by the judges, I will be sure to reinforce it for uniformity.

Matreya

For the longest time I was the site crackpot, always seeing conspiracies that weren't there...

THIS ONE IS REAL THOUGH! THE PROOF IS IN THE ALPHABET SOUP! IT SPELLS "Tef Illuminate" CLEARLY IT MEANT ILLUMINATI!!!!

Lol, but no, this is actually how it tends to be. Not really even in just the recent times. Say someone has an armor suit, that uses a hundred tech on it. Unless the link names were exactly what it was, I have seen it be asked to clarify what the tech does for the suit. For example: Magnet Boots vs LJBR 296. One blatantly already says what it is, does, and how it benefits. Its just simple to see it.

However recently they have tried buckling down on that. Like [member="Cira"] said, it could be approved but then come to find the FJ just approved a hair short of a super weapon and didn't even realize.

Better to be safe, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom